Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 (6274 Views)

Sunderland Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On 4th December 2013 / Arsenal Vs Hull City (2 - 0) On 4th December 2013 / Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by luvola(m): 11:22am On Dec 04, 2013
vs. Norwich City
Build-up Preview
Preview: Liverpool vs. Norwich City
By Matt Law, La Liga Correspondent
Filed: Monday, December 2, 2013 at 15:57
UK
Last Updated: Monday, December 2, 2013 at
17:19 UK
Liverpool will attempt to bounce back from
their 3-1 defeat at Hull City at the weekend
when they welcome a resurgentNorwich
City to Anfield on Wednesday.
Brendan Rodgers's side dropped to fourth
in the table after losing to the newly-
promoted outfit, but a total of 24 points
from their 13 matches have left them just
three points off second spot.
Five of Liverpool's seven league wins this
season have come on their own patch, while
they have conceded just three times in the
league at Anfield thus far.
Their recent record against Norwich will
also hand the home supporters confidence.
The Merseyside outfit have won each of the
last three meetings between the two sides,
scoring 13 times in the process and
conceding just twice.
The corresponding match last season ended
in a comprehensive 5-0 home win, although
Norwich did claim a point in this stadium
when they made the trip in October 2011.
Norwich, meanwhile, have taken six points
from their last three league games.
Saturday's 1-0 win over Crystal Palace moved
them into 14th position in the table on 14
points.
However, the Canaries have struggled on the
road this season with one win and five
defeats, scoring just three times in the
process and conceding 16.
Liverpool are expected to ring the changes
withDaniel Agger and Philippe Coutinho
both likely to return to the side.
There could also be a spot for summer
signingIago Aspas, while Mamadou Sakho
should line up in central defence alongside
Kolo Toure.
The Reds will be without the services of
Daniel Sturridge for the next two months,
however, after the England international
picked up an ankle injury.Victor Moses and
Raheem Sterling, meanwhile, should drop to
the bench.
Norwich boss Chris Hughton is expected to
continue with the same XI that overcame
Palace at the weekend, meaning starts for
Gary Hooper and Johan Elmander in attack.
Nathan Redmond should also start after
impressing last time out, but central
midfielderBradley Johnson will remain on
the bench.
Recent form
Liverpool: WLWDL
Norwich: LLWLW
Possible starting lineups
Liverpool: Mignolet; Johnson, Toure, Sakho,
Agger; Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson; Coutinho,
Suarez, Aspas
Norwich: Ruddy; Martin, Bassong, Bennett,
Olsson; Howson, Fer; Redmond, Hoolahan,
Elmander; Hooper
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by luvola(m): 11:28am On Dec 04, 2013
I support the benching of that useless skertel that did two own goal in our last match , the awful performance of victor moses and that short player called sterlin.. B.R should bring in additional players in january.. Handerson, sterlin, skrtel , cissoko should be shown the way out.. Liverpool is doom if they do not win this one.. angry mode!!!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by donphilopus: 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Norwich shall deal with Liverpool! LIKE
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by luvola(m): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
This is definitely a bad time for the red side due to the 8 weeks injury blow of daniel sturridge.. Mod front page
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Habidab: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
I think we have got to win this match at all cost irrespective of the type of player we are featuring on pitch today.
General Gerard have said it all that we need to be ruthless throughout this year,but that Injury blow is a test to what the Captain said.I know Rodger should have done his home work properly today to have maximum point from this Game.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by nerodenero: 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Moses should seize this opportunity to establish himself fully in Liverpool since Sturridge is out for 6-8 weeks. His give-away pass led to the Hull City's first goal in their 3-1 loss over the weekend. He needs to take this rare priviledge.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by ichidodo: 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
L'serpool are are goin down today?! Bless me, i thought the game was tomorrow?!?!?
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Notion(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Please i dt wanna see hendo and sterling in this game oh.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Notion(m): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
ichidodo: L'serpool are are goin down today?! Bless me, i thought the game was tomorrow?!?!?
U ar lost already no wonder!
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Chikapali(m): 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
luvola: I support the benching of that useless skertel that did two own goal in our last match , the awful performance of victor moses and that short player called sterlin.. B.R should bring in additional players in january.. Handerson, sterlin, skrtel , cissoko should be shown the way out.. Liverpool is doom if they do not win this one.. angry mode!!!
Oga relax na, as LFC fan we r use to hrt breaks, u shld try 2 cope or use the door.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by sirculynz(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hopefully Norwich will spring a surprise today
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by adexsimply(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Liverpool really embarrassed me on Sunday. Obviously, some of those players need to be shown the way out, they are not fit to wear that red jersey
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
WE NEED THIS MATCH OOO.BR PLS DONT FVCK UP. I'M EXPECTING MIGNOLET. JO. AGGER. SAKHO. FLANAGAN. GERRARD. LUCAS.COUTINHO.ALLEN. ALBERTO/ASPAS .AND SUAREZ
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by dotcomnamename: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Hull
Liverpool 1-0 Norwich City
Man United 0-1 Everton
Sunderland 1-0 Chelsea
Fulham 1-0 Tottenham
West Brom 1-0 Man City

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by opeano(m): 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
If u believe liverpool is still goin further down.. Hit like

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by opeano(m): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Hull
Liverpool 1-0 Norwich City
Man United 0-1 Everton
Sunderland 1-0 Chelsea
Fulham 1-0 Tottenham
West Brom 1-0 Man City
who says dis isnt d most correct prediction dia can ever b ?
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by EMEzzy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
luvola: I support the benching of that useless skertel that did two own goal in our last match , the awful performance of victor moses and that short player called sterlin.. B.R should bring in additional players in january.. Handerson, sterlin, skrtel , cissoko should be shown the way out.. Liverpool is doom if they do not win this one.. angry mode!!!
and you forgot he was our best player hitherto the own goal
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by EMEzzy(m): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Why our thread dry like this na...kops una dhy fall ma hand oo....pls anyone has a link to stream thanks
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Presbulg(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
A third consecutive hat trick for L.Suarez against Norwich?
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Katsumoto: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
E.M.Ezzy:
and you forgot he was our best player hitherto the own goal

Skyrtel was which best player? He was pants; he should sit on the bench for a few weeks.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Katsumoto: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2013

Well said.

Henderson has played every game this season. For someone who has played in an attacking role, he has no goals and only one assist. In other words, a creative player with little success in an attacking role.

But I don't really blame him, I blame Rodgers who wants to play him regardless.

Moses and Sterling were both huge disappointments in that game. Sterling seems to be stalling in his progress and Moses is playing with a carefree attitude. Its no wonder Mourinho shipped him out.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Katsumoto: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chikapali: Oga relax na, as LFC fan we r use to hrt breaks, u shld try 2 cope or use the door.

What kind of a fan are you?

You want to accept mediocrity for a great club? Perhaps you should go and support Sunderland or Fulham.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by dahfweshdude69: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
I think BR should try Alberto and bench Sterling.. coutinho instead of Henderson...Moses is fucking up, he should up his game n he should try sahko n skrtel or sahko n agger in defence...
my line up: mignolet.. Johnson.. skrtel... sahko/agger...Flanagan/cissohko... Lucas.. Gerard.. Alberto.. coutinho... Henderson /moses.. Suarez... 4-2-3-1
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by dahfweshdude69: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
confirmed line up via BBC: Liverpool starting XI: Mignolet,
Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Allen,
Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho,
Suarez...y Allen n Sterling. :-'(
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by kaygeorge(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
i believe liverpool will meet there waterloo today
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Notion(m): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
adexsimply: Liverpool really embarrassed me on Sunday. Obviously, some of those players need to be shown the way out, they are not fit to wear that red jersey
more dan half of the team needs that, truely speaking.
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Notion(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
dahfweshdude69: confirmed line up via BBC: Liverpool starting XI: Mignolet,
Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Allen,
Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho,
Suarez...y Allen n Sterling. :-'(
can somebody tell me what is wrong wit this brother rodgers
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by adexsimply(m): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
Notion: can somebody tell me what is wrong wit this brother rodgers
He's trying to build a team, like Shankly did then..but we can't wait please
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by adexsimply(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
I think I've got somewhere to stream live. Just don't know if it;s proper for me to paste the link here
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
opeano: If u believe liverpool is still goin further down.. Hit like
see yeye man
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by dotcomnamename: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
My ifa said ''Chelsea'' and ''Man City will lose today's match, if not they will play draw

My ifa said Liverpool and Arsenal will win their games
Re: Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013 by Lilhacker(m): 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
#YNWA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal / Italy Vs Republic Of Ireland :Euro 2016 (0 - 1) On 22nd June 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.