Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Is Wrong With The ''village''? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With The ''village''? (647 Views)

Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? / People Build Better Houses In The Village: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With The ''village''? by Albedo27(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
PRELUDE
Moses noticed a major pain on his heel that Saturday evening he returned from the village after the funeral ceremony of his uncle and took some Over The Counter (OTC) drug. The next day, the pain grew worse even after the various medications as well as ointments applied. When it became unbearable, he called the attention of his neighbor, Mathew who told him that it was not ordinary. Moses suddenly remembered that this strange illness which started just the day he came back from the village, gave some symptoms even during the ceremony. He recounted that he felt a slight pain as he got up from where he sat that day. Fear gripped him; he was more jolted when he remembered that a year ago, his colleague in the office after attending a traditional marriage in the village, complained of some pains and died some days later. Oh no! This must be a poison. What have i done to these people?

It now appears that the village is a place where people visit and come back with a mysterious illness or dangerous misfortune. This is the definition given by one the patients i visited once who suffered from an "unknown illness" Earlier than now, i used to find it difficult to understand why people derive joy in inflicted harm on their neighbor. But i have come to appreciate this truth now: There is evil in the world and human beings, not objects, are its vehicle of transmission. My uncle, after molding blocks to build a house, was struck with a chronic Typhoid fever for two years, and his ambition came to naught over ten years now. To erect a building in the village, one must perform "rituals" like sprinkling of water and/or salt on the land for fear of these "village people" who may plant charms that attract sickness, death or misfortune! Is is the will of God?

THE VILLAGE AND THE EVIL MACHINATIONS
During the traditional marriage ceremony of one of my relations, i stumbled into a meeting of elders where a secret plan was being made on how the will pretend to drink the palm wine, and after taking it to the groom, he equally pretends to drink but will eventually pour it out on the ground. In fact, two cups were provided for the "drama". When i asked why, i was told that people send sickness and death with ocultic powers through the air into the cup, which if taken, will result disastrous consequences. And do you know? It happens mostly in the villages. Oh God! [/color] What is wrong with these villages?[color=#000000] It is said that some persons plant charms in people's farms, pathways, usual village square seats, plots of land; throw invisible pins to peoples' body etc, just to destroy them. Are not stories told of those who transmit evil charms through ordinary handshake? To offer gifts or money to ''those in the village" are feats for courageous persons for fear that it will be used as point of contact against them.

Indeed, stories like these are no longer strange to us. But what remains strange is this place called "village" and i will always ask: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE VILLAGE? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE THAT MAKE US FEAR THE "VILLAGE"? HOW DOES ONE SURVIVE IN THE VILLAGE?
Re: What Is Wrong With The ''village''? by achi4u(m): 2:53am On Dec 06, 2013
What brings about those evil and witch craft manipulations in the villages and even towns is enviousness and laziness.

@op this is how it get started: How can Okeke's boy of 20 to 30 years of age will be doing well in his chosen field while my own son after doing all I can to elevate him remain a loafer or a very poor boy with no ambition ? ...this and many more are the kind of questions that makes some people to turn to evil doers.

We can only thank God for earlier christianity and missionaries(not this wayo type we are practicing today) which has taught about moral decadence and some how putting fear of enteral damnations to the mind of general public,still evil abound everywhere.

If you really want to survive their evil mechanization,pretend that they never exist and you are not for them and they are not for you.
"ihe onye amaro anaghi ama ya"-what you don't know will never know you.

Again,you cannever serve two masters at a time,is either u are in or out.
Hypocrites! grin

@Albedo & all fear not for the lord is with us.Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Free Recharge Card Giveaway!!!!!!!!!! Free Recharge Card Giveaway!!!!!!!! / The Nigerian stereotype / Is An Average Nigerian Generally Self-centered OR Is Government To Be Blamed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.