Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Religion Section Is Now Boring - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Section Is Now Boring (829 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
For a while now, its no longer interesting. Just boring topics I am seeing at the 1st page
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
You not alone in this man
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Exactly bro. Im forced to spend more time at the front page n the sexuality section these days
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Let Highyo and Obadiah777 come and say rubbish,that makes everyone feel better cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
I know when debates used to get hot, especially when anony is involved, ooman, mazaje and co trying to debunk him,. Hot debates btw ihedinobi and logicboy. even when davidylan and frosbel comming into threads to give their own flavors. Deepsight and his wonderful threads. Now, it all seems to be diminishing. Very soon, this section might turn to an archive for viewing old threads, nothing new anymore
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
rationalmind: Exactly bro. Im forced to spend more time at the front page n the sexuality section these days
I ve been there for a while. I guess it will soon be bye from religion section
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
nwuyag: For a while now, its no longer interesting. Just boring topics I am seeing at the 1st page

It's boring because a lot of folks prefer to whine about it being boring that they forget to put up interesting topics.
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Kei144(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
2Ti. 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:
2Ti. 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction.
2Ti. 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Some hard truths are beginning to appear in the Religion section and some people are already getting uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
striktlymi:

It's boring because a lot of folks prefer to whine about it being boring that they forget to put up interesting topics.

N how many times av you commented on those interesting topics by us. Platteon opened one today, did you comment? Will I open a thread and start commenting on it myself

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
rationalmind:

N how many times av you commented on those interesting topics by us. Platteon opened one today, did you comment? Will I open a thread and start commenting on it myself

...and you assume we use the same yardstick to determine which topic is interesting and which is not?
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
striktlymi:

...and you assume we use the same yardstick to determine which topic is interesting and which is not?

Lol, maybe not. Infact, obviously not. Bt still, how may of threads you find interesting do you comment on.

I know you were once active, but that isn't the case any longer. And that exactly is what we are saying. The set of people who comment on threads and open threads that make the section lively are no longer here.
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by saintvc(m): 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
striktlymi:

false,

there are few interesting topics that still dont make fp. The prob is mod selection and not nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, maybe not. Infact, obviously not.

Spot on!

rationalmind:
Bt still, how may of threads you find interesting do you comment on.

I comment on every thread I find interesting. I also comment on threads that I find very irritating too...especially those one's that make very little sense to me. Though on the whole I try to avoid them when I can.

rationalmind:
I know you were once active, but that isn't the case any longer. And that exactly is what we are saying. The set of people who comment on threads and open threads that make the section lively are no longer here.

I don't believe any 'set' of members hold the keys to making the section interesting. I believe firmly that anyone can get it going if the individual sets his/her mind to it and is passionate about his or her write-ups.

I believe the major reason why the section seems boring is basically because what we see here are recycled topics that folks (especially the 'old guns') have debated on severally; and when such topics come up, folks find themselves repeating what has been said already.

The end-product of repetition that is not backed by a sincere devotion to what one does is simply boredom. Another ish we have here are cases where members tend to debate to win and in the process debate with less sincerity.

I believe if members come up with topics that are both intellectually stimulating and societally relevant, we would get more members interested in the topics.
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
saintvc:

false,

there are few interesting topics that still dont make fp. The prob is mod selection and not nairalanders

This is not about topics hitting the home page. Topics need not get to the homepage to make the section vibrant again. I am of the opinion that any topic that gets to the homepage is as good as dead.

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by PastorOluT(m): 12:58am On Dec 05, 2013
Kei144: 2Ti. 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:
2Ti. 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction.
2Ti. 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Some hard truths are beginning to appear in the Religion section and some people are already getting uncomfortable.

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Spot on!

I comment on every thread I find interesting. I also comment on threads that I find very irritating too...especially those one's that make very little sense to me. Though on the whole I try to avoid them when I can.

I don't believe any 'set' of members hold the keys to making the section interesting. I believe firmly that anyone can get it going if the individual sets his/her mind to it and is passionate about his or her write-ups.

I believe the major reason why the section seems boring is basically because what we see here are recycled topics that folks (especially the 'old guns') have debated on severally; and when such topics come up, folks find themselves repeating what has been said already.

The end-product of repetition that is not backed by a sincere devotion to what one does is simply boredom. Another ish we have here are cases where members tend to debate to win and in the process debate with less sincerity.

I believe if members come up with topics that are both intellectually stimulating and societally relevant, we would get more members interested in the topics.

I find your activism interesting but sometimes, your fence sitting is quite annoying....trying to support both sides..............

Guy, even note how you contradict yourself in bold.

Face it......this section is boring. Even your own actions betray you.....you arent as vibrant as you used to be on topics on this section.

1) MODerers I think that I can speak for some atheists and some other oldies here who lost faith in the section after MMC was bullied out of his position when I say that these new mods are not inspiring. They keep fumbling and their actions make this place palatable for only protestant christians and their close paddies. Funny how I thought that I could bash the catholic church as an atheist but the anti-catholic hate here has tripled- other christians have bashed the catholic church so much that I have even become a defender of the RCC.

The front page for the religion section is now for the most silly "born again" christian topics and catholic bashing (dont you just love Okotie). HBG fumbles while the other two are missing in action.

2) Some of our paddies and interesting peeps have left or reduced their actions after MMC's sacking.

3) Atheists have generally lost hope. Thankfully, there are some that are still going on strong....but...gaddem....you tend to cut your losses when the odds are so much spiked against you......

4) Catholics are spending more time defending than preaching or discussing

I have already hinted at this section drying up since the MMC sacking brouhaha.....

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Lordlexyy: 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Boring to those who after many years of unsuccessful campaign to dwarf the Christian's faith with the hope of twisting the minds of the faithful with some baseless theory that remains largely unproven. Why am i not surprise; almost everyone screaming of boredom here is an athiest and boring to them means the inability to recruit fresh hands into their religion of athiesm. Most unfortunate is the fact that, some few ones along the line discovered the folly and deception behind what they felt to know. Sadly, the Christian community never had it this good with every thread design to discredit its belief have had tens of their(Christians) members reffuting claims with sound biblical wisdom. Joshdfirst, Ola, Goms and co, have overtime exposed the silleness(pardon me for the lack of a suitable word) of most athiests here with arguements(GOD VS EVOLUTION) that has causeD many to shrink. I know how boring a forum could be when after exhausting your supposed sound judgement and you are left with none but to recycle. Thanks to the Christians here always sticking something new and refreshing that qualifies for front page. A visit to any other room beside the Christian's one on this religious forum will give you an idea of what true boredom is. This shows that while others have a limit to how far they can go in terms of their belief system, the Christian is inexhaustable. It is simply boring to those who themselves are boring.

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lordlexyy: Boring to those who after many years of unsuccessful campaign to dwarf the Christian's faith with the hope of twisting the minds of the faithful with some baseless theory that remains largely unproven. Why am i not surprise; almost everyone screaming of boredom here is an athiest and boring to them means the inability to recruit fresh hands into their religion of athiesm. Most unfortunate is the fact that, some few ones along the line discovered the folly and deception behind what they felt to know. Sadly, the Christian community never had it this good with every thread design to discredit its belief have had tens of their(Christians) members reffuting claims with sound biblical wisdom. Joshdfirst, Ola, Goms and co, have overtime exposed the silleness(pardon me for the lack of a suitable word) of most athiests here with arguements(GOD VS EVOLUTION) that has causeD many to shrink. I know how boring a forum could be when after exhausting your supposed sound judgement and you are left with none but to recycle. Thanks to the Christians here always sticking something new and refreshing that qualifies for front page. A visit to any other room beside the Christian's one on this religious forum will give you an idea of what true boredom is. This shows that while others have a limit to how far they can go in terms of their belief system, the Christian is inexhaustable. It is simply boring to those who themselves are boring.

This is not atheist vs christian

even christians find it boring...try again
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 06, 2013
Lordlexyy: Boring to those who after many years of unsuccessful campaign to dwarf the Christian's faith with the hope of twisting the minds of the faithful with some baseless theory that remains largely unproven. Why am i not surprise; almost everyone screaming of boredom here is an athiest and boring to them means the inability to recruit fresh hands into their religion of athiesm. Most unfortunate is the fact that, some few ones along the line discovered the folly and deception behind what they felt to know. Sadly, the Christian community never had it this good with every thread design to discredit its belief have had tens of their(Christians) members reffuting claims with sound biblical wisdom. Joshdfirst, Ola, Goms and co, have overtime exposed the silleness(pardon me for the lack of a suitable word) of most athiests here with arguements(GOD VS EVOLUTION) that has causeD many to shrink. I know how boring a forum could be when after exhausting your supposed sound judgement and you are left with none but to recycle. Thanks to the Christians here always sticking something new and refreshing that qualifies for front page. A visit to any other room beside the Christian's one on this religious forum will give you an idea of what true boredom is. This shows that while others have a limit to how far they can go in terms of their belief system, the Christian is inexhaustable. It is simply boring to those who themselves are boring.

Keep deceiving yourself. More and more people keep leaving christianity. I personally know about one who credited his deconversion to logicboy.

Josh and ola say nothing about evolution. They peddle pseudoscience. One of them even said talking donkeys was scientific. How dumb can one be.

Moreso, need I remind you, atheism and evolution aren't the same. Get that into your thick skull.

And its just as if you haven't read some of the old threads. Face it, religious section is now very boring.

The thread cowardice of atheism was created before I came here. I read the thread from page 1 till 73 when I came across it. It took me 3 good days to finish reading it. I can't even read 2 pages of any of the threads now. Do u expect me to start reading 51 lies by catholic church, or pastors telling virgins to come out? Very silly threads.

That's the more reason I don't stress myself thinking of intellectually stimulating topics again. I only create threads to mock. You create a good thread and christians like you, josh, uktus and the like start peddling pseudo science on it

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Lordlexyy: 9:34am On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Keep deceiving yourself. More and more people keep leaving christianity. I personally know about one who credited his deconversion to logicboy.

Josh and ola say nothing about evolution. They peddle pseudoscience. One of them even said talking donkeys was scientific. How dumb can one be.

Moreso, need I remind you, atheism and evolution aren't the same. Get that into your thick skull.

And its just as if you haven't read some of the old threads. Face it, religious section is now very boring.

The thread cowardice of atheism was created before I came here. I read the thread from page 1 till 73 when I came across it. It took me 3 good days to finish reading it. I can't even read 2 pages of any of the threads now. Do u expect me to start reading 51 lies by catholic church, or pastors telling virgins to come out? Very silly threads.

That's the more reason I don't stress myself thinking of intellectually stimulating topics again. I only create threads to mock. You create a good thread and christians like you, josh, uktus and the like start peddling pseudo science on it
Just admit you lost it man. What you call intelligent input from your stables are blind guesses that succeeded in making the forum more boring. Honestly, any thread initiated by an athiest that suggest 'intelligent' is a no go area for me (bore me) cos i know at the end of the day, the logic and ideology to is all the same, year in year out(much recycling) with no meaninful proof to convince anyone. The thread by OLA, 'How to be an athiest', obviously prove what should have passed an important debate, was cowardily commonise and eloped by the athiests with their usually ring round responses obviously for lack of organised rebuttal. That's what i called boredom. Your failure to outsmart us(Christians) is the very reasons for your complains. You wish you have your way against a semi exposed Christians that you can flock in comfortably in mass to bash and ride over with your usual rhetoric crabs that is meaningless. We are better of without you. Atleast, we have shown you are not our match. Without you and your constant interject on our thread to derail it, we will make much progress. So if there is anyone who has made the forum boring it is the athiest, for me and the rest of us, we are cruising and having the best moment you can think of.

1 Like

Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2013
Lordlexyy: Just admit you lost it man. What you call intelligent input from your stables are blind guesses that succeeded in making the forum more boring. Honestly, any thread initiated by an athiest that suggest 'intelligent' is a no go area for me (bore me) cos i know at the end of the day, the logic and ideology to is all the same, year in year out(much recycling) with no meaninful proof to convince anyone. The thread by OLA, 'How to be an athiest', obviously prove what should have passed an important debate, was cowardily commonise and eloped by the athiests with their usually ring round responses obviously for lack of organised rebuttal. That's what i called boredom. Your failure to outsmart us(Christians) is the very reasons for your complains. You wish you have your way against a semi exposed Christians that you can flock in comfortably in mass to bash and ride over with your usual rhetoric crabs that is meaningless. We are better of without you. Atleast, we have shown you are not our match. Without you and your constant interject on our thread to derail it, we will make much progress. So if there is anyone who has made the forum boring it is the athiest, for me and the rest of us, we are cruising and having the best moment you can think of.

Arguing with you will be a waste of time. You seem to be enjoying brain dead christian topics. This thread is not for you.

Sensible christians can see the issues with this section
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 06, 2013
Lordlexyy: Just admit you lost it man. What you call intelligent input from your stables are blind guesses that succeeded in making the forum more boring. Honestly, any thread initiated by an athiest that suggest 'intelligent' is a no go area for me (bore me) cos i know at the end of the day, the logic and ideology to is all the same, year in year out(much recycling) with no meaninful proof to convince anyone. The thread by OLA, 'How to be an athiest', obviously prove what should have passed an important debate, was cowardily commonise and eloped by the athiests with their usually ring round responses obviously for lack of organised rebuttal. That's what i called boredom. Your failure to outsmart us(Christians) is the very reasons for your complains. You wish you have your way against a semi exposed Christians that you can flock in comfortably in mass to bash and ride over with your usual rhetoric crabs that is meaningless. We are better of without you. Atleast, we have shown you are not our match. Without you and your constant interject on our thread to derail it, we will make much progress. So if there is anyone who has made the forum boring it is the athiest, for me and the rest of us, we are cruising and having the best moment you can think of.

See the nonsense you wrote to my beautiful response. You don't have to talk when you have nothing to say.

Learn from me, when strictlymi replied me in his last message, instead of replying foolishly, I just kept quiet cos I knew I had nothing to say.

All you said up there is just an appeal to emotion. You said nothing tangible.
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

I find your activism interesting but sometimes, your fence sitting is quite annoying....trying to support both sides..............

The comment above makes very little sense to me.

Logicboy03:
Guy, even note how you contradict yourself in bold.

I hope you do not need me to school you on what it means to contradict?

Logicboy03:
Face it......this section is boring. Even your own actions betray you.....you arent as vibrant as you used to be on topics on this section.

The above is not in dispute.

Logicboy03:
1) MODerers I think that I can speak for some atheists and some other oldies here who lost faith in the section after MMC was bullied out of his position when I say that these new mods are not inspiring. They keep fumbling and their actions make this place palatable for only protestant christians and their close paddies. Funny how I thought that I could bash the catholic church as an atheist but the anti-catholic hate here has tripled- other christians have bashed the catholic church so much that I have even become a defender of the RCC.

Still not in dispute.

Logicboy03:
The front page for the religion section is now for the most silly "born again" christian topics and catholic bashing (dont you just love Okotie). HBG fumbles while the other two are missing in action.

I care less about what topics make the FP. Afterall, when you were in your elements, your topics were hot without needing to get to the FP. As for the 'good' Pastor Okotie, I am of the opinion that folks are giving him more attention than he trully deserves.

Logicboy03:
2) Some of our paddies and interesting peeps have left or reduced their actions after MMC's sacking.

Not in dispute! Those guys who left based on the MMC ish ALONE acted like kids. Quote me!!!

Logicboy03:
3) Atheists have generally lost hope. Thankfully, there are some that are still going on strong....but...gaddem....you tend to cut your losses when the odds are so much spiked against you......

The only Atheist that have proven to be the real deal as far as I am concerned is PLAETTON. Despite all that went down, his only concern was about doing something about the situation and not complaining about it. He deserves to be the Religion poster for the year for that singular act.

Logicboy03:
4) Catholics are spending more time defending than preaching or discussing

My brothers spend more time with time wasters. If they spend time arguing and discussing with people of integrity, I won't have any ish but these days we find some of them arguing with every Tom, Diiick and Mariah that decides to open an Anti-Catholic thread. Though some still have a focus but really, arguing with everyone is getting ridiculus.

Logicboy03:

I have already hinted at this section drying up since the MMC sacking brouhaha.....

...and you are happy about it?
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by ATMC(f): 6:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
truth be told this section is now very very borinnnng as a matter of factly nairaland as a whole!
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
ATMC: truth be told this section is now very very borinnnng as a matter of factly nairaland as a whole!

Good. I suppose ure a christian. I hope lordlexxy sees this. He is the only one who finds the religious section interesting.
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
striktlymi:

The only Atheist that have proven to be the real deal as far as I am concerned is PLAETTON. Despite all that went down, his only concern was about doing something about the situation and not complaining about it. He deserves to be the Religion poster for the year for that singular act.

You must be joking. I am to take your word on atheists who are the "real deal"?

There are other atheists including me that post good threads after the whole MMC thing. Stop using your biased glasses.

striktlymi:
My brothers spend more time with time wasters. If they spend time arguing and discussing with people of integrity, I won't have any ish but these days we find some of them arguing with every Tom, Diiick and Mariah that decides to open an Anti-Catholic thread. Though some still have a focus but really, arguing with everyone is getting ridiculus.

Dont chastise your brothers for righting a wrong. You have started fence sitting again. If someone abuses the catholic church constantly, the catholics have a right to complain.....dont give me your sanctimonious claim that they should ignore it.....I am sure that you're saying this because the mods didnt hide those anti-catholic threads. I saw you comments. Look, you cant rope in others by force into your fence sitting stance of indifference towards catholic abuse. They have a right to react

striktlymi:
...and you are happy about it?

Why would I be? Are you alright?

So, in summary, you agree that the section is now boring
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Good. I suppose ure a christian. I hope lordlexxy sees this. He is the only one who finds the religious section interesting.

lol.....cant blame lordlexxy....he must really enjoy Olaadegbu type of threads
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

You must be joking. I am to take your word on atheists who are the "real deal"?

My words and I stand by them.

Logicboy03:
There are other atheists including me that post good threads after the whole MMC thing. Stop using your biased glasses.

Plaetton was the only Atheist who stood fast and concentrated on bringing a 'myriad' of topics during and after the MMC ish.

Logicboy03:
Dont chastise your brothers for righting a wrong. You have started fence sitting again. If someone abuses the catholic church constantly, the catholics have a right to complain.....dont give me your sanctimonious claim that they should ignore it.....I am sure that you're saying this because the mods didnt hide those anti-catholic threads. I saw you comments. Look, you cant rope in others by force into your fence sitting stance of indifference towards catholic abuse. They have a right to react

Read my post again!

Logicboy03:
Why would I be? Are you alright?

So, in summary, you agree that the section is now boring

Again...the bold is not in dispute.
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.....cant blame lordlexxy....he must really enjoy Olaadegbu type of threads

grin evolutionvsGod. Dofus
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by vickyO(f): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Yeah........
Re: Religion Section Is Now Boring by 4C2215131: 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
nwuyag: For a while now, its no longer interesting. Just boring topics I am seeing at the 1st page

It transcends the religion section,in my opinion nairaland is getting extremely boring (do y'all notice the articles that make front page? Most are a joke!).

Again,I think some of the moderators just don't cut it!

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Views On Psychokinesis. / Muslims Watch This And Click Like If You Agree ( Warning mildly graphic ) / T B Joshua Proposes ‘anointing Water’ As Cure For Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.