Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,719 members, 7,955,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:06 PM

This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! (18723 Views)

Pls Nairalanders Help Me Now?? I Dont Understand This Airtel 3gb / Please Kindly Help With This Airtel Operamini Bundles / See This Airtel 1+1 Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by texazzpete(m): 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sagytarius:

You could have made ur points without being condescending!
Imagine the statement: "You're upset that the exploit you've used to use BIS data on your cheap Android phones is being closed by Airtel". If u call them cheap phones, how expensive is ur so-called BlackBerry?

Secondly, u don't generalize that all android phones are within the same price bracket. Last I checked, the Samsung Galaxy range of phone and Tabs are expensive. is it the Xperia or the HTCs?

we get ur Backlash message, buh stop this indirect beef on Android users.

I've been an Android user since 2010. I do not use a BlackBerry anymore.
I apologize if the 'cheap Android' line is being construed as condescending.

That said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the right kind of 'cheap Android' phone. The Quad Core MTK6589 phones from Tecno et al are pretty solid devices, and one of the best value for money handsets you can buy right now is the Motorola Moto G for just $199 for the 16GB variant.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by ofilispeaks(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
In US I pay N15,000 ($100) for 4GB of Data. But this includes free phone call sha. Seems like the Nigeria prices are similar to the rest of the world, but it should be cheaper because our economy is not as strong. And I need people to be downloading my http://okadabooks.com app =D #okbye
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by kayswag100(m): 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Opinions, how do they work?

My opinion is that this is misguided. It IS my business because this is a discussion forum and I choose to opine and discuss on this issue.

The exploit works now, but for how long? For all you know, it's a slow migration/rollout that will take time, and the December 3rd date may just have been the commencement date. We don't know.

This has to be the most outstanding and pragmatic thread in all of NL.

imagine the insults I got when I talked of something similar (though I was a bit to condescending sha. ...) on why Airtel's bb plans would stop working on Android et al.

You could stop replying the nasty posts. That was a mistake I made.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Sagytarius(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete:

I've been an Android user since 2010. I do not use a BlackBerry anymore.
I apologize if the 'cheap Android' line is being construed as condescending.

That said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the right kind of 'cheap Android' phone. The Quad Core MTK6589 phones from Tecno et al are pretty solid devices, and one of the best value for money handsets you can buy right now is the Motorola Moto G for just $199 for the 16GB variant.
A'iit. Noted,
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by babsalux09(m): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
LORDVEST: to thread creator:

IF YOU USE A CHEAP ANDROID DEVICE DOESN'T MEAN I ALSO USE A CHEAP DEVICE... PLEASE WATCH YOUR WORDS... I KNOW THE PRICE OF MY ANDROID DEVICE, AND I WOULD NOT ALSO JOIN UR FOOLISHNESS TO LOOK DOWN ON YOU AND CONCLUDE YOU USE A CHEAP DEVICE... THIS IS A GENERAL OPEN FORUM .. PLS BE WEARY OF WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE YOU ATTRACT UNNECESSARY FEEDBACKS. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY. IT'S NOT BY FORCE TO CREATE A TOPIC... EVEN THO I SUPPORT THE FACT THAT THE NCC IS WHO WE SHOULD PAY COMPLAINTS TO,.... THANKS..

NO OFFENCE MEANT .HOWEVER YOU TAKE THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS.... P34C3

abi oooo,tell them.. that am not so foolish to buy a blackberry that wont do all i need a complete device for,doesnt mean i cant afford it,no be their fault..na bcoz tecno done help d mass to be able to afford android at cheaper rate,them come categorize android as cheap phones..why them no talk cheap iphone...shebi we gather dey use d airtel too ni.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by babsalux09(m): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
kayswag100:

This has to be the most outstanding and pragmatic thread in all of NL.

imagine the insults I got when I talked of something similar (though I was a bit to condescending sha. ...) on why Airtel's bb plans would stop working on Android et al.

You could stop replying the nasty posts. That was a mistake I made.

hehehehe.. see them,birds of same feathers...u don see ur fellow man bah?....lol,...just wanna tell you that,when you learn not to be bias in ur statements,nobody will insult..imagine if d case was otherwise,and blackberry where d once to pay for huge cost on internet as android,iphone users are doing,wont you feel bein treated unfairly even though one has d money to pay for it,does it mean one should apply common sense spendin,and that shouldnt stop me from gettin a device i love and cherish...think that way bro,..bcoz we don wanna use a lowend technology device,thus that meant all this network should extort us.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by texazzpete(m): 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
LORDVEST: to thread creator:

IF YOU USE A CHEAP ANDROID DEVICE DOESN'T MEAN I ALSO USE A CHEAP DEVICE... PLEASE WATCH YOUR WORDS... I KNOW THE PRICE OF MY ANDROID DEVICE, AND I WOULD NOT ALSO JOIN UR FOOLISHNESS TO LOOK DOWN ON YOU AND CONCLUDE YOU USE A CHEAP DEVICE... THIS IS A GENERAL OPEN FORUM .. PLS BE WEARY OF WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE YOU ATTRACT UNNECESSARY FEEDBACKS. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY. IT'S NOT BY FORCE TO CREATE A TOPIC... EVEN THO I SUPPORT THE FACT THAT THE NCC IS WHO WE SHOULD PAY COMPLAINTS TO,.... THANKS..

NO OFFENCE MEANT .HOWEVER YOU TAKE THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS.... P34C3

You are right about this being an 'unnecessary feedback'. I'm not sure why you're so defensive...I can only conclude you really do use a low cost Android device. I must re-iterate that there is nothing wrong with using a low cost Android phone.

I've moved from a HTC One X > Galaxy S3 > Galaxy Note 2 > Galaxy S4 in the past 2 years. Feel free to pick out the 'cheap Android device' out of that lot cheesy
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by sEGXY2(m): 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
pawesome: bros,afta dis ur data expire,shikenan...u cn Neva use it again if u recharge so a beg,no waste ur 1500k o say u de reload n subscribe
i have exhausted. The monthly so I subscribe for the weekly and am using it now.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Make una leave my wonderful network alone alone oh pls.....
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by futureniyi: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
My airtel plan is still working How to transfer credit on mtn
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by anthony500(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Op go and die!

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by lakefist(m): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete:

You are right about this being an 'unnecessary feedback'. I'm not sure why you're so defensive...I can only conclude you really do use a low cost Android device. I must re-iterate that there is nothing wrong with using a low cost Android phone.

I've moved from a HTC One X > Galaxy S3 > Galaxy Note 2 > Galaxy S4 in the past 2 years. Feel free to pick out the 'cheap Android device' out of that lot cheesy
If you like use GALAXY S10 who cares all i know is that Android is Android weda its hosted on Cheap devices or not.That doesnt warrant u to insult people who are expressing their dissatisfaction over a service rendered by Airtel.

Abi e dey pain you say my CHEAP TECNO DEY DO WETIN YOUR OVER PRICED SAMSUNG DEY DO?

In sumnary "Go & Die"

3 Likes

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Administrator: 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
Shaakasi:

well said

PLEASE, LET THEM ALL PORT TO ANYWHERE THEY WANT TO SO THAT WE CAN ENJOY QUALITY SERVICE ON AIRTEL. PEOPLE ARE TOO MUCH ON THE NETWORK WITH LOW TURNOVER...

DONT BE SUPRISED THAT PEOPLE LIKE US WILL DIG OUT OUR DEAD AIRTEL MODEM +BIS ON OUR PHONE..

PLEASE PORT TONIGHT. I DEY LAFF JARE.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by oby3ce(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
guy if u av nufin to say. y not kip ur balls between ur legs. idiot.

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
So I decided to do a bit of research on the plans and rates offered by the same Nigerian telecomm operators in other countries. Below are screenshots of their various packages. Airtel screenshot is from Kenya operations, Globacom screenshot is from Ghana operations and MTN screenshot is from Rwanda. Convert the rates to Naira and you'll understand why I'm so pissed right now! I think NCC should take this up!

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by jeremiah771(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
my airtel bis on my android is still working, are you guys sure that airtel stop it, 'cus mine is still working
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
lakefist:
If you like use GALAXY S10 who cares all i know is that Android is Android weda its hosted on Cheap devices or not.That doesnt warrant u to insult people who are expressing their dissatisfaction over a service rendered by Airtel.

Abi e dey pain you say my CHEAP TECNO DEY DO WETIN YOUR OVER PRICED SAMSUNG DEY DO?

In sumnary "Go & Die"

I don't really support texaspete or like his tone most time, but sadly Techno cannot do what Samsung can do more efficiently; if you are interested we can throw some Apps that uses core resources and most techno will choke out especially Poor Android Developers who have no sense of memory management S2-S4 has memory to play around before hitting a Stack OverFlow or Memory Heaps related issue. also using BIS on android is a cheat, its meant for Blackberry Devices, am not supporting the OP just pointing out fact, Techno and Samsung can never be the same so let's not argue that, to you as long as it has Android they are the same, but a quick trip to android Development tools will tell you otherwise especially OpenGL ES 2.0 Games :x

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by bufness(m): 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
I blame techno for all dz issh angry

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
ofilispeaks: In US I pay N15,000 ($100) for 4GB of Data. But this includes free phone call sha. Seems like the Nigeria prices are similar to the rest of the world, but it should be cheaper because our economy is not as strong. And I need people to be downloading my http://okadabooks.com app =D #okbye
in the uk, i paid £25 pounds(circa N6k) /month for unlimited internet data, the package also comes with a top end phone and 500 minutes of voice call included. Phone also becomes mine after 18months! The telcos in Nigeria are cheats and NCC is just useless.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by lakefist(m): 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
pc guru:

I don't really support texaspete or like his tone most time, but sadly Techno cannot do what Samsung can do more efficiently; if you are interested we can throw some Apps that uses core resources and most techno will choke out especially Poor Android Developers who have no sense of memory management S2-S4 has memory to play around before hitting a Stack OverFlow or Memory Heaps related issue. also using BIS on android is a cheat, its meant for Blackberry Devices, am not supporting the OP just pointing out fact, Techno and Samsung can never be the same so let's not argue that, to you as long as it has Android they are the same, but a quick trip to android Development tools will tell you otherwise especially OpenGL ES 2.0 Games :x
Bro my Android is serving me infact it has made me enuff money as an internet marketer to buy 5 of Galaxy S4.
I simply get what i want with my cheap Android afterall i dont use my phone to play games.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

see tex oooo.

make una finish am well jare. he is owing me a nook color for about 2 years now grin

but Seriously what else do u expect me to do with my airtel sim? it was useful for the data volume. once thats gone aint no use for it. its a no-brainer. dropped mine already.

the dude who was forming backend staff was telling us they had more blackberry bis subscribers than android bis subscribers. I could only marvel at his 'obtuse-ness.'

if their financial guys did their crunching and decided they could make more money that way then they have fools in management.

besides, other than maybe there is no other network in your vicinity, I cannot think of a sane reason why anyone would choose airtel bis over other networks. the service is crap, capacity is lower, and data volume is higher on other networks.

worse still is their much vaunted backend still cant keep folks out. which other network has 10 credit channels for data? crazy.

would love to read the spin mr backend would put on this sha

3 Likes

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
I don't take delight in bursting someone's bubble, but the air of arrogance some faceless dudes carry about on NL really pisses me off sometimes. What's wrong in some subscriber's registering there displeasure regarding Airtel's decision? Is the 'law' for 'man' or 'man' for the 'law'? Without these people you look down upon as poor and unworthy of an opinion, would there be Airtel?

2 Likes

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Francuiz: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
you can enjoy 800mb for 2k on the glo mobile network. simply text 55 to 127
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by otumalagicruz(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
my broda pls help us...oooh
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by lakefist(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
MyFidelis: I don't take delight in bursting someone's bubble, but the air of arrogance some faceless dudes carry about on NL really pisses me off sometimes. What's wrong in some subscriber's registering there displeasure regarding Airtel's decision? Is the 'law' for 'man' or 'man' for the 'law'? Without these people you look down upon as poor and unworthy of an opinion, would there be Airtel?
Thank u jare....
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Ewizard(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete: Guys, we get it. You're upset that the exploit you've used to use BIS data on your cheap Android phones is being closed by Airtel.

Not manly..
A b*tch in disguise..
lyk YAKUBU sure wen u tek shotz u'do missesMrs.

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by McCenty(m): 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete: Guys, we get it. You're upset that the exploit you've used to use BIS data on your cheap Android phones is being closed by Airtel. You're upset that now, you'll have to start paying for your data bundles like the rest of the populace. Yes, data plans are not cheap.

But please, can you people STFU for once and stop this incessant whining?

The problem is not with Airtel. The problem is that the data plans we have from our carriers are rather expensive, especially on the low end. Instead of making this all about Airtel, take on ALL the carriers and take your complaints to the NCC.

FACT: Airtel Data plans are not more expensive than plans from Etisalat or MTN. Saying you'll break your Airtel line over this is just plain childish. If MTN gives you better service, why not port over with no fuss?

FACT: Complaining here on Nairaland will not change anything. If you really feel aggrieved at this situation, why not tweet at NCC Nigeria (@NgComCommission), for example, to complain about high cost of data plans.

I have zero stake in Airtel. In fact, I ported my Airtel line to Etisalat some months ago thanks to poor internet data speeds in my region. I voted with my Naira. Do the same with minimal fuss if you feel aggrieved.
guy you are such a big coward hiding under the disguise of a nairalander,you are an airtel agent without scruples. Smh

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by nnasino(m): 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
Blackberry Internet service, For blackberries. I used to wonder why airtel's bis plans worked on non bb devices. Y shud traffic from non bb devices be routed through rim's servers? If u want high end apks, u get an android phone, if u want cheap internet (bis) u get a bb. As nigeria develops (power and others) I believe the telcos will reduce d cost of their data packages. For now a blackberry is d only way to cheap internet.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Sike(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please forgive the OP, for he didn't know what he's posting.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Alfred234(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Airtel does N2000 per month for 500MB, for example. Since low cost Android smartphones are sweeping the market now, and these are data intensive, I'd suggest doubling this to N2000 for 750MB. It's currently N1000 for 200MB, perhaps an upgrade to 350MB?

Nigerian data plans aren't the most expensive in the world, but we DO have a significant population that aren't too well off.

Either way, this isn't an issue for me since I always go for the large data caps (Etisalat 8GB for N8k, shared between my phone and my iPad).
2k for 500mb u dey plug money from tree most of d people using this android phones r students so there is no way dey will want 2 pay 2k for 500mb i'll suggest 1k for 1gb I think datz fair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oriamo Launches Smartwatch In Nigeria, To Work With IOS And Android / Lost But Found Iphone 6 In Enugu / Reset Your Bb Mep Counter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.