Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,776 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. (13314 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Aliciakeys(f): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
It may interest the debaters to know that judges are taking note of debaters and their responses to rebuttals so not answering rebuttals targeted at you may have a negative effect on your marks...
Please respond fast!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

According to your quote, capitalism has really endangered most parents that they have to work extra hard, so many of them had to do as much as 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet, if they don't work so hard, how do you expect them to perform their parental obligation? Are you now telling me that parents should vacate their economic niche, so that they can raise a well behaved children?
n0,parents can't vacate thehr ec0n0mic niche,they can create seperate time,f0r their children. 0k,if the parents vacate ther ec0n0mic niche,and they stay idle,the children will imitate such attitude and behavi0ur. Theref0re,the parent is resp0nsible f0r the child,if in future bec0mes lazy.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

According to your quote, capitalism has really endangered most parents that they have to work extra hard, so many of them had to do as much as 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet, if they don't work so hard, how do you expect them to perform their parental obligation? Are you now telling me that parents should vacate their economic niche, so that they can raise a well behaved children?
And what is the essence of the money they make when the future of there children is at stake?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Aliciakeys(f): 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Minutes left to the end of rebuttals.... HURRY UP if you have unanswered rebuttals...
Remember; your victory is at risk if you slack at any stage.....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
[quote=LeeBliss13]A sch00l exists t0 teach subjects,n0t behavi0ural etiquette,of which discipline is part. [/quote]

Western education was brought to Nigeria by the missionaries, academic curriculum was designed to train students to be worthy in knowledge and character, that was why moral instruction was part of the academic curriculum, so don't tell me teachers are not expected to teach behavioral etiquette. In the 1980's majority of students were staying in boarding house and majority of them were well mannered. Moral decadence started increasing in the 1990's when most of our school's were converted to Government schools there by loosing their mandate which is to train students with sound personality
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
My opponents may think that parental punishment is the key to solving discipline problem, it may be successful in the short term to modify or curtail child’s behavior but the long term sequalae is that the child’s good behavior is predicated not on an understanding of the consequence of behavior or interest
i disagree,even the h0ly bible als0[sp0il the r0d and spear the child] [train up a child in the way he sh0uld g0 s0 that when he is 0ld,he will n0t depart fr0m it,can y0u n0w agure with this?]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rexsul: And what is the essence of the money they make when the future of there children is at stake?

That is why they send their children to school, so that their teacher will inculcate good morals in them.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: i disagree,even the h0ly bible als0[sp0il the r0d and spear the child] [train up a child in the way he sh0uld g0 s0 that when he is 0ld,he will n0t depart fr0m it,can y0u n0w agure with this?]

Am talking about human psychology, no matter the kind of punishment you give a child they can only change when they want to, temperament is an issue, you have solve their inherent problems before punishment can work, if not i don't think the child will change.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

That is why they send their children to school, so that their teacher will inculcate good morals in them.
n0! The sch00l teaches english,maths ,bi0l0gy 0r whatever subjects they studied. 0k,if they d0 a parents j0b,h0w will a child learn h0w t0 write its 0wn name 0r add figures?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: n0,parents can't vacate thehr ec0n0mic niche,they can create seperate time,f0r their children. 0k,if the parents vacate ther ec0n0mic niche,and they stay idle,the children will imitate such attitude and behavi0ur. Theref0re,the parent is resp0nsible f0r the child,if in future bec0mes lazy.

Let me use a typical banker as example, how do you expect them to seperate time for child training, i sense you want them to quit work. If they quit their job, how will they now meet up for child's needs,
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
At cowleg.... you said a child would reach a certain stage when his parent won't have control over him. have you forgot that his behaviour at that stage depends on the way he was brought up? you also said no parent would give bad teachings to their children. What do you think the parent drinking alcohol in the present of there kid is teaching them?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: n0! The sch00l teaches english,maths ,bi0l0gy 0r whatever subjects they studied. 0k,if they d0 a parents j0b,h0w will a child learn h0w t0 write its 0wn name 0r add figures?

At the bolded, a typical nursery 1 student can learn such from his class teacher.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

Let me use a typical banker as example, how do you expect them to seperate time for child training, i sense you want them to quit work. If they quit their job, how will they now meet up for child's needs,
they can find 0ther j0bs t0 d0.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

At the bolded, a typical nursery 1 student can learn such from his class teacher.
thats why i said its the parents resp0nsibility t0 train their children int0 g00d pers0nnels,while the teacher teaches subjects and n0t behavi0ural etiquette.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rexsul: At cowleg.... you said a child would reach a certain stage when his parent won't have control over him. have you forgot that his behaviour at that stage depends on the way he was brought up? you also said no parent would give bad teachings to their children. What do you think the parent drinking alcohol in the present of there kid is teaching them?

No read my argument again, most teenagers don't like to be controlled, they like to explore life on their own. As matter of fact alcohol consumption is not a bad thing so i see no reason why consuming alcohol in the presence of your children teaches them bad behaviors.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: thats why i said its the parents resp0nsibility t0 train their children int0 g00d pers0nnels,while the teacher teaches subjects and n0t behavi0ural etiquette.

Where you not thought moral instruction in school?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

most children will always humble themself in the present of there teacher. How do you think the teacher would have time to give the child the kind of moral training they need when they are under pressure to meet up with the syllabus?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

. Once a child reaches a certain age their parents cannot control everything they do
yes the parents can't ..but isn't it what they learnt at h0me,that they d0 in future?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

Where you not thought moral instruction in school?
g0sh! D0n't y0u get it? M0st 0f the teachers are parents,theref0re,they can't watch 0ther children get c0rrupt. Have y0u ever since a teacher empl0yed t0 teach ab0ut discipline 0nly in a sch00l?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
[quote=Rexsul] Parents do not evalute the form and quantity of media permitted at home without knowing that their kids have a propensity to absorb the messages that bombard them because it is a proven fact that kids love to watch an excessive amount of unbeneficial programs on television and eventually exposing themselves to the negative influence in such programs.[/quote]

There is no way parents can regulate everything that a child does,programme listened or watched. Unless they were imprisoned, which doesn't normally happen, all the societal negative influences are always with them, are parents with them when the go to work? answer is NO. What about when the children go to school and mix up with friends.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: they can find 0ther j0bs t0 d0.
seriously i don't think you are right.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

No read my argument again, most teenagers don't like to be controlled, they like to explore life on their own. As matter of fact alcohol consumption is not a bad thing so i see no reason why consuming alcohol in the presence of your children teaches them bad behaviors.
How would you say consumption of alcohol is not bad when you know it effect the the mental state of a person? If the child got drunk and decides to rape his mother, what would you say to that?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
judges and audience you can start asking the debaters questions
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: g0sh! D0n't y0u get it? M0st 0f the teachers are parents,theref0re,they can't watch 0ther children get c0rrupt. Have y0u ever since a teacher empl0yed t0 teach ab0ut discipline 0nly in a sch00l?
woooow may be you were not thought moral instruction in school, i was thought moral instruction from nursery to secondary school.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Debaters please ensure that your answers are presented in a clear format for easy understanding
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rexsul: most children will always humble themself in the present of there teacher. How do you think the teacher would have time to give the child the kind of moral training they need when they are under pressure to meet up with the syllabus?

I don't think so, most children pretend in front of their parents, i can use my self as an example. Most bad things i learnt was from my peers and the society, even-though i had a very strict childhood. From this your argument it has solidify my stand that parents should not be blamed.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:
woooow may be you were not thought moral instruction in school, i was thought moral instruction from nursery to secondary school.
but it was y0ur parent that was y0ur first teacher,wasn't it? Yes,they were. They taught y0u the basic vaves bef0re g0ing t0 sch00l
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

There is no way parents can regulate everything that a child does,programme listened or watched. Unless they were imprisoned, which doesn't normally happen, all the societal negative influences are always with them, are parents with them when the go to work? answer is NO. What about when the children go to school and mix up with friends.
The child is expected to be in school when his parent goes to work. moreover the moral training giving to him by his parent is expected to serve as a shield for him when he faces th outside world.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

I don't think so, most children pretend in front of their parents, i can use my self as an example. Most bad things i learnt was from my peers and the society, even-though i had a very strict childhood. From this your argument it has solidify my stand that parents should not be blamed.
y0u see,y0ur parents are t0 be blamed f0r y0u pretending cause they weren't 0bserving their child pr0perly.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
debaters time for rebuttals are over.it is time to face questions from the judges and audience directed to you
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rexsul: How would you say consumption of alcohol is not bad when you know it effect the the mental state of a person? If the child got drunk and decides to rape his mother, what would you say to that?

There is no way, alcohol consumption in-front your children corrupts them and makes them to try out. That was why i wrote previously when a child is growing up they like to try out new things, its called youthful exuberance. So they may try to sip alcohol.. Are you telling alcohol consumers learn such from their parents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1969 Curriculum Conference / 7 Art Courses With High Employment Rate In Nigeria / Maduka University Receives Its Operating License From NUC In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.