Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,237 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? (7960 Views)

Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / Zenith Bank Interview Pls Help / First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by kennyo1: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2008
Hello house, I just got an invitation for an interview with zenith. I want to know if suit is a must for a guy. I will also appreciate tips from anyone: likely questions, and what l should expect.
one love
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by mahatmaG: 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2008
With Zenith, It is a necessity.
I have mine today. Although I didn't go with suit. but it was so glare that I should have come with one.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by 702: 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2008
Zenith just changed their interview grooming policy!

U cud nw wear White vest n Coloured Boxers!! grin
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Pittbaby(f): 12:12am On Jul 26, 2008
for any interview you should wear a suit , unless you are interviewing in an environment not conducive to one

Dress for success!!!
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by efosanice: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2008
kenny o:

Hello house, I just got an invitation for an interview with zenith. I want to know if suit is a must for a guy. I will also appreciate tips from anyone: likely questions, and what l should expect.
one love

PLEASE when did you take the test? please reply and  i wonder why you would not wear what you would be wearing almost everyday at work
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Gamine(f): 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2008
Dont wear suit na, u go hear wien

a guy lost a job at my office last week cos he came to see my boss w/out suit

lolololol
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by kennyo1: 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2008
Thnx guys for ur advice. as for when i wrote the test, i can't really say. i wrote one on the 17th of April. after waiting and not hearing from them. i gate-crashed a second test( that was in june ). i approached one of the officials after the test to let him know my situation. he told me that my script will not be marked since i already wrote one. he added that anything could happen though. so i wouldn't know which of the two ,

Am grateful for ur contributions. what i need now is ur prayer. interview is by 9 am 2mrow. good night nigeria.

love y'all
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by masuga: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2008
guy just try to know about the bank that the MD, Chairman, number of the branches and so on. And try as much as possible to have confidence in yourself, be well composed and give straight forward, sinple and direct short answers to every questions. Pls try to get one suit bcoz appearance also carry marks and there is this saying that "First appearance matters a lot". I wish you all the very best.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Tofunmmy(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2008
It is mandatory you go in suit, cos u will addressed from the way u are dressed.

Try to know about the bank, navigate thru their website.

Be calm, prayerful and i believe my able God shall get you the job.

All the best.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Gonorrhea(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2008
A suit is not a must but at least a smart shirt, trouser, neat shoes and possibly a tie should be fine!
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by bunmii(f): 11:30am On Jul 28, 2008
why risk it, better to be safe than sorry, just wear a suit.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 10, 2008
MY DEAR
please do get the best suit u can lay ur lovely hands on.dont u see zenith banks staffs?they wear suits.
moreover in the coperate world bank and co especially the financial sector its considered a gentleman wear.so please get one at all cost.
possible questions would be about banking in nigeria and a special focus on zenith bank(its history,subsidiaries and products to mention a few)
kapish wink
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:05am On Aug 10, 2008
Na ogbonge colomentality dey worry all those Naija banks.

Even for the main the main money joints for world, like New York, Chicago and London, way be say cold dey sef, no be must to wear suit. But come Naija, under better sun wey hot pass Iya Sikira boli, naim dem dey wear suit like no man's business, dey sweat like Bitrus for Cock Crow at Dawn! World pipo! Naija pipo! Una don try!
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Sholeyb: 9:15am On Aug 10, 2008
I would advise you to inquire of the bank whether it is compulsory to wear a suit. If it is, there are suits made of good quality light material that you can buy. Another trick is to put on the suit at the gate of the branch, leave it unbuttoned until you are called in for your interview, that way you reduce sweating.

Likely questions
1. Why do you want this job?
2. What experience do you have that you believe would be useful for the job
3.If successful how soon can you start
4. Give examples of team working, solving problems, working under pressure, organising and prioritising your work, dealing with difficult clients/ customers or team mates etc
5. what is your weakness and strength
6. What motivates you and how do you describe success
7. What do you know about the company
8. Are you willing to travel
9. Tell us about yourself, any hobbies and why do you think you are the best for the job
10. Do you have any questions ( I will suggest you ask questions relating to the culture, ethos of the company, targets etc) Don't ask about salary and how quickly you will be promoted
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by basilist7(m): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2008
Always stick to suits they are the wiser choice. Appearance and first impression matters alot.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by janami(f): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2008
isnt corporate not good enough?
one doesnt have to be in a suit to look corporate or dress corporate and decent.
haba.
These people are just looking for an opportunity to eliminate some candidates
*so i guess one just has to wear a suit so as not to get into the elimination list*
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by magentam(f): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2008
Please always wear a suit, it is the safest choice.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Mustay(m): 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Na ogbonge colomentality dey worry all those Naija banks.

Even for the main the main money joints for world, like New York, Chicago and London, way be say cold dey sef, no be must to wear suit. But come Naija, under better sun wey hot pass Iya Sikira boli, naim them dey wear suit like no man's business, dey sweat like Bitrus for Cock Crow at Dawn! World pipo! Naija pipo! Una don try!

Nailed it! cool
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by kennyo1: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2008
you guys are really wonderful. Thnx house.
Am already thru with the second interview(and probably the final). I pray God smiles on me.
1 love
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by skweezer: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2008
I think SUIT is very important for Every interview in any part of the world or what do u thinks?
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by comechop(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2008
Simply put, if you want to hav a chance at getting the job, wear a suit.
If you dont, then dont.

Its really not compulsory,
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by sherrylo: 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2008
Really, I don't think its a must for you to wear suit, depends on the weather for the day!you could do with a nice long sleeves shirt and a fine trousers and good shoe.No be the one wen you go wear suit come out for house reach road pull am off dey find where to keep am wen heat don nearly finish you.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by nakoks(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2008
I bow for all u naive guys wey dey say suit is not compulsory.Whether the weather is 2000 degrees,if u r going for a bank interview and u dont have a suit you have lost the job.Please stop sending wrong message to innocent ones out there.During an interview session in Zenith the officials sent someone home to go and get a suit and i had to borrow the guy mine or else he wouldnt have been interviewed.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Laibankz: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2008
@poster

My dear dont mind those decieving you o!!!!
so far you are in Nigeria, wearing a suit for an interview is very complusory,
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by candylips(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2008
Wearing a suit in 40 degrees humid heat is just criminal .
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by nossycheek(f): 11:26am On Aug 11, 2008
How was the interview? I hope you wore suit on that day.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by kennyo1: 11:34am On Aug 11, 2008
@nosycheek
Yea, I wore a suit. And the interview was cool.

By the way, how nosy are you cheek? Ah, never mind, just wanted to b a little nosy
Shalom
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by stormy98(f): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
Wearing a suit for a bank interview is important, whose going to employ you in any bank if you don't care about your appearance or you're dressed casually. If you go to any bank, you'll see that all the employers wear suits, so why wouldn't you wear a suit for the interview?
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by realcele: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
You need to ask about their dress code but suit is the preffered for most business meet and to be honest how you present yourself to the company boost your chances of getting employed even having passed all the rigorous testing and tech bit. The person interviewing you have to have a sense of likening for you. Go for the general pool and always wear suit except if it is against your belief or religion

Lanre
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by slyk2(m): 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2008
you go look like what you want.

you must wear suit,no be coat.
any how coat eh, you sabi now.
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by MrCrackles(m): 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
A suit is not a must but a[b] raincoat[/b] or a waist coat is a must! cheesy
Re: Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? by Mustay(m): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2008
raincoat

lmao grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Women And Children's Advocacy Centre {wcac} Nigeria Invitation Letter For Trainning / 2020 Oyo TESCOM Application Form And CBT Updated Past Questions & Answers PDF / I Want To Help Five Nairalander Get Jobs Before May 10 (closed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.