Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? (1230 Views)

Ideas On Startin A Kolanut Biz.but Locally And In Export. / Startin A Printing Press Busines / Cost Of Startin A Cyber Cafe Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by star95(m): 2:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hey people, am a 100L medical student in a Federal University in Nigeria who wants to start a transport business in Ibadan(either taxi, bus, tricycle or possibly Motorcycle). Venturing into a business like this looks awkward bt I beileve its worth tryin even with d fact that am going to end up being a Doc.
There are various means of transport here which include taxis, buses, Tricycles n Okadas as well. I havn't decided which one to start yet cos I need full Information and advice both from people in d line n general advice frm everyone as well. Your contributions are highly welcome. Thanks.
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by fame12k(m): 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
star95: Hey people, am a 100L medical student in a Federal University in Nigeria who wants to start a transport business in Ibadan(either taxi, bus, tricycle or possibly Motorcycle). Venturing into a business like this looks awkward bt I beileve its worth tryin even with d fact that am going to end up being a Doc.
There are various means of transport here which include taxis, buses, Tricycles n Okadas as well. I havn't decided which one to start yet cos I need full Information and advice both from people in d line n general advice frm everyone as well. Your contributions are highly welcome. Thanks.

mr man, u still have a everyyyy long way to go bfo u start bragging as a doctor. Ask your question, and stop emphasizing on DOC.
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by hamziwhiz(m): 12:34am On Dec 06, 2013
Yes.
its not a question of it being possible its a question of "How?"

Do your research and ask specific questions so we can help you out.

Cheers!
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by star95(m): 1:13am On Dec 06, 2013
hamziwhiz: Yes.
its not a question of it being possible its a question of "How?"

Do your research and ask specific questions so we can help you out.

Cheers!

Made few researches about it n most people said for a place like Ibadan, its better getting a bus compared to taxis n cycles. I have a plan for a daily delivery system where a driver would be hired n make payment on daily basis.
My main questions are these ': Can one still get good drivers?
Is it possible to make twice the capital in a year of probably 18months?
What are the greatest risk one can encounter either in maintenance, attitudes of drivers, and many more?
Havnt been able to do much due to the present Uni strike.
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by star95(m): 1:24am On Dec 06, 2013
fame12k:

mr man, u still have a everyyyy long way to go bfo u start bragging as a doctor. Ask your question, and stop emphasizing on DOC.
Hello Sir, I wasnt trying to give a rodomontade about Whatever am studying, I only wanted it to be clear so people can know what and what advice to offer.
Thanks tho.
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by kunletoks(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
It's rare to get a good driver.
What i think you should do after getting the bus it to take a formal approach of getting a driver.
Maybe a lawyer or go to a police station with the driver and make some agreement between you and the driver.
Thought it make cost you money but i believe its gonna pay you.

I also had this plan when i was in 200L at OAU but i dont have money then.
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by FOWOSIRE: 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
Yeah it is possible. Jsut that you will need a partner and a rider or driver. And please don't buy a tricycle.
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by star95(m): 9:55am On Dec 11, 2013
Thanks a lot Kunletoks n FOWOSIRE. The formal method looks nice. I will try adoptin that.I presently have a guy in mind who wud be driving the bus but I avnt told him yet. Will try making neccesary arrangement towards the purchase of the bus.
Once again, thanks a lot
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by kunletoks(m): 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Wish you the best bro.
Re: Startin A Transport Biz With #250k As A 100L Medical Student; Possible? by bfmconcepts: 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Pls. don't even try it unless you want to be penny wise pounds f00lish
I did same thing with bus when I was undergoing a course but it ended up with frustration and loss
Look for a simple and decent business you can venture into.
on the other way, you can do it on hire-purchase bases. In that case, if the driver flopps, he knows he will lose out.
I just hope you're not trying to gamble with your school fees.

(1) (Reply)

Floating Fish Feed Hammer Mill / If Today Were The Last Day Of My Life - Steve Jobs / Become Brown Rice Distributor And Make Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.