Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean (37503 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Mining And Earth's Ocean. / Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core / Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by AbiJr: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
chimchim1: God u are indeed awesome
I love u Lord and may ur name alone b praised

amen *He is indeed awesome
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by oyunoyun: 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
ifeness:

The man was lucky that's all.

what is lucky? Elucidate, define lucky

Psalm 115: 3 - But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased
Romans 9: 15-16 - For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

for better understanding of God's sovereignty, read Romans 9: 1- 33, you will discover that God pass everyone and everything including you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by ezeama1010(m): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Am I actually expected to read all this? Some pple can be very unserious sha. Mstcheww! Meanwhile, dese rescuers deserve a handshake. If na me one rescue a corpse and the corpse grip my hand shocked guy na to make way sharperly to avoid doin rough tins wit ZOMBIE ooo
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by oyunoyun: 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
ini4brandon: I hate it when we seem to base our belief in the existence of God on stories like this;
What about the rest of the crew that died? God hates them?
Why didn't god prevent the accident in the first place?

Telling the families of the deceased that Okene's survival was an 'Act of God' is faith weakening.
BTW I believe in The existence of the Almighty God.

Psalm 115: 3 - But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased

Romans 9: 15-16 - For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

for better understanding of God's sovereignty, read Romans 9: 1- 33, you will discover that God pass everyone and everything including you

In all things Glory be to God.

for the survivor, Glory be to God

for the death, Glory be to God - Isa:57:1: The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
Ps116:15, 1King 14:11-13

The best option is accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, obey his commandments and serve him. Leave the rest for him to decide

Romans:10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Ro:10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Ro:10:11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Ro:10:12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Ro:10:13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by ichidodo: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
Old News.Can't be bothered.
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by dozymars(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
Thank God for saving him
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by FlirtZone: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
Admissions into reputable and
affordable universities in Benin
Republic and Ghana is on for
2013/2014 session.
Entry Requirements:
Senior Secondary School Certificate:
An applicant must pass in core English,
core Mathematics, core Science and
three elective subjects
Programmes:
· Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in
Information Technology
Computer Science
Management Studies;
Agribusiness Management;
· Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Banking
and Finance;
· Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Business
Administration with options in
Marketing, Human Resource
Management and Accounting
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing,law,
· Bachelor of Architecture
· Bachelor of Science in Physician
Assistant ship · Bachelor of Pharmacy · Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering MR KOFI CONSULTANT +2348065159057 we are agents to some of the private schools where we guarantee you admission. Amongst this schools we are working with are: BENIN REPUBLIC: Houdegbe North American University Benin,DSE University of Science and Technology, Parakou. GHANA: Wisconsin International University- Affiliated to University of Ghana, Knutsford International University- Affiliated to Cape Coast University, Zenith University College-Affiliated to Kwame Nkrumah Unity of Science and technology (KNUST), RAdford Uni- Affiliad to University of Ghana,kaaf university,and many more Contact MR kofi and sarah CONSULTANT +2348065159057
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
Click Like if you see this coming soon on discovery's "I shouldn't be alive"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by louisv(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
May the name of the lord be praised both now and forever!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by Slimchase(m): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Itz only a fool dat can §aγ̲̣̣̥ there iz no GOD !
One wi GOD iz Majority (Oji CHUKWU ji ihe)
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by LadyH(f): 11:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by jpphilips(m): 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
during my analysis of the PIB, one of the concerns i raised was the vessels plying the Nigerian waters but as expected nobody gave a hoot.
i was actually inspired by this incident. i was in escravos at the time, it was during the precomissioning of the EGTL gas pipeline, i saw them when they came for supplies in escravos, i think they had some delays for a while, nobody knew it will be their last, that morning when the tug boat disappeared, there was panic, fortunately, they had divers on board jascon two who were dispatched that night with no results, later they came back with few bodies but marcus the divers supervisor insisted they must get a full POB, that guy owes his life to markus IMO.
the rest bodies where recovered in the safe heaven so i doubt the shark/ barracuda eating part.
i saw some of the bodies too just like everyone who was part of that project.
My concerns are as follows;

why was west african ventures not black listed by chevron?
The funny part was that they continued with the project and even attempted covering it up reason the video was released late.
That speaks volume of our DPR and other stakeholders.

What workman compensation was enshrined in the PIB for workers who lose their lives on a daily basis in related circumstances?

If companies like WAV are allowed to continue their operations in the face of this disaster with no official enquiry or investigation to determine culpability, then i have no doubt in my mind that the Nigerian authorities have graduated from ineptitude to impotent.

What role did NUPENG and PENGASSN play after the video went viral? the last time i checked, they are in the buisness of protecting workers interest.
This is just one out of so many, the amosco and iriama incidents are still fresh in our minds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by Swiftboy(m): 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
Miracle working God! God's good!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by vislabraye(m): 12:26am On Dec 08, 2013
Yomieluv: Survival instinct very strong,not easy to die.

Its not about survival instincts oh !! It just a miracle.
And there are so many people today who don't bliv in miracles
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by begwong: 12:44am On Dec 08, 2013
saw the ending part of that story on aljazeera a few days ago but never knew it happened tey- tey like that!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by cap28: 2:35am On Dec 08, 2013
jp philips: during my analysis of the PIB, one of the concerns i raised was the vessels plying the Nigerian waters but as expected nobody gave a hoot.
i was actually inspired by this incident. i was in escravos at the time, it was during the precomissioning of the EGTL gas pipeline, i saw them when they came for supplies in escravos, i think they had some delays for a while, nobody knew it will be their last, that morning when the tug boat disappeared, there was panic, fortunately, they had divers on board jascon two who were dispatched that night with no results, later they came back with few bodies but marcus the divers supervisor insisted they must get a full POB, that guy owes his life to markus IMO.
the rest bodies where recovered in the safe heaven so i doubt the shark/ barracuda eating part.

The funny part was that they continued with the project and even attempted covering it up reason the video was released late.

What workman compensation was enshrined in the PIB for workers who lose their lives on a daily basis in related circumstances?

If companies like WAV are allowed to continue their operations in the face of this disaster with no official enquiry or investigation to determine culpability, then i have no doubt in my mind that the Nigerian authorities have graduated from ineptitude to impotent.

What role did NUPENG and PENGASSN play after the video went viral? the last time i checked, they are in the buisness of protecting workers interest.
This is just one out of so many, the amosco and iriama incidents are still fresh in our minds.

very good questions raised

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by Sagamite(m): 3:44am On Dec 08, 2013
And we needed South Africa to send people to come and save the "Giant of Africa".

Giant of Africa my bleeping arsee. grin grin grin

In future, I expect Ghana to help save us considering they are closer, no more need for the real Giant of Africa to come to our rescue.
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by uchevi: 5:15am On Dec 08, 2013
change ur life homies...i have got paid twice.click and sign up.not gonna take
u anytin
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by BabaTony: 5:37am On Dec 08, 2013
jp philips: during my analysis of the PIB, one of the concerns i raised was the vessels plying the Nigerian waters but as expected nobody gave a hoot.

My brother This is the very reason I say I am very worried about our press. A big politician must be involved before you hear about things like this in the nigerian press. Not even one media house(both print and electronic) reported this. SHAME
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by asam7(f): 6:46am On Dec 08, 2013
God is good
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by Forwetinnah: 7:42am On Dec 08, 2013
The psalm he recited dropped me on my knees..and yet some people say there's No GOD?! GOD is able to do exceeding, abundanly above ALL we can ask of HIM, ACCORDING to the POWER that works IN US(operative words here being ALL, ACCORDING, POWER, IN US) he was determined to stay alive and the ALMIGHTY made sure he did..moral of the story, Never Give Up!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by eledalo: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2013
So 1 survived and 11 died?

God is awesome!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by elvis10ten(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2013
For wetin nah?:
The psalm he recited dropped me on my knees..and yet some people say there's No GOD?! GOD is able to do exceeding, abundanly above ALL we can ask of HIM, ACCORDING to the POWER that works IN US(operative words here being ALL, ACCORDING, POWER, IN US) he was determined to stay alive and the ALMIGHTY made sure he did..moral of the story, Never Give Up!
shut up joor. He had something (oxygen) that spared him with some survivial techniques. No miracle happened there.
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by bebechuks: 8:12am On Dec 08, 2013
Who says there is no God?
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by bebechuks: 8:14am On Dec 08, 2013
oyunoyun:

what is lucky? Elucidate, define lucky

tell dem sir!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 08, 2013
kekakuz:
them go pay you?
guy u no see where them write psalms
say the guy read psalms.

Since when does miracle has religion? Allahu akbar means God is great, dude!!
Wow!!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by WINDSOW(m): 12:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
kekakuz:
them go pay you?
guy u no see where them write psalms
say the guy read psalms.

Guy,no use laff kill ‎​♏ξ .†ђξ guy D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ praise hm God,u D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ disturb A̶̲̥̅♏ .LWKM.‎​=))•´¨) 
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸¸.•´(¸.•´(¸.• =)) нaнaнaнaнa!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by WINDSOW(m): 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
elvis10ten: shut up joor. He had something (oxygen) that spared him with some survivial techniques. No miracle happened there.
Mumu,make u too go get Oxygen n enter pool whether no b micro-second u go use b4 u late.
Instead make u praise GOD,u D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ argue.Senseless!!!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by bebechuks: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
elvis10ten: shut up joor. He had something (oxygen) that spared him with some survivial techniques. No miracle happened there.
zoooooooooooombie na him u be!
Re: Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean by dnawah(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Oziddy: Dat one na small tin, the time wey i dey bony for rivers state, my friends for dat area na real fish dem be, dat tym if dem steal dia papa money, na river dem dey go hide for days, wit no oxygen, dey survive up to a year underneath. 31st Dec-1st Jan. cheesy
them be papy water?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Innovations :mechanical Corn Roaster / Nigeria Man Kehinde Durojaiye Invents A Jet Car / Emeka Nelson Makes Truck That Is Powered By The Waste It Carries (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.