Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber (127478 Views)

The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] / Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia / ISIS Releases A Video That Shows The Execution Of 250 Syrians (WARNING! Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by StEdwin(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Killing by firing squad is just too easy for these guys. The best punishment would be a combination of psychological, physical, mental, emotional and social.
I could list the best ways for torture out here but I may end up being termed psychopathic......

The best form of torture would have been to break down his spirit, body, mind and soul till he wishes and begs to die.

As times have changed, criminals also advance in their modus operandi, so also the state and police should advance in methods of deterring people from acts of criminalism....

Death by firing squad is an easy option for him and ended up making him feel like a celebrity. The same thing that most likely encouraged the uprise of people like Anini et al.....

Also, I don't think remembering notorious psyhopaths like oyenusi and co, goes well in honoring the memory of those people he killed. In as muh as we take time to remember his crimes, we should also take time to remember those lives he killed innocently. They were all Fathers, Daughters, sons, mothers, uncles, aunts, friends.....police officers as well who dedicated their lives to the service of this nation. I don't think their lives were any less than any of these psychopaths......

I believe that for Nigeria to change, it's little acts like remembering the lives lost and taken away by these psychopaths that matter instead of glamorizing the criminals. Ditto for cases where politicians who have enmeshed themselves in corrupt practices end up having their praises sang to the high heavens instead of receiving the proper condemnation.

To this end, I would like to use this medium to commemorate with families, friends, of people whose relatives have lost their lives to psychopaths. May Almighty God grant you all the fortitude to bear the loss.
To police officers who risk their lives during the discharge of their duties and in trying to keep every one of us safe, May God bless your families.
To Families of police officers who have lost a loved one, May you all know that your friend, relative's service to Nigeria will never be forgotten. Even if the govt, or everyone forgets you, Almighty God will never.

God Bless Nigeria.

26 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by onihaxy: 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pls. What does "OP" means?

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
interesting
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by alex406(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wow. Is he not the same robber trying to build an isolated house at lagoon(immediately after berger whr the airtel billboard is when one is climbing the third mainland bridge) cus I hear that house was built by a notorious arm robber in those days.

Between why did this method of public execution stop cus that is the reason why crime is at its peak in this country.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
53cur3m0d3:
I see U're scared of him, prolly fnkin hez gonna com for u tonyt. Well, the good news is I also got a smile on ma face. Take a look at ma face and U'll be glad U did.
Lemme hold U till the end of 2015...
xoxoxoxo..
@OP, MORE! MORE!! MORE!!!

More ke? Wicked cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
IAMBREEZY: EPIC

bro you sabi do North Korean visa I'm interested
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Enoquin(f): 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
What a chilling read! Tried to stop reading but couldn't...repelled and drawn at the same time.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
cheesy

adexsimply:
Hold on to me embarassed embarassed
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by deltateam: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Carolinee: embarassed eyah!

I believe Onyeanusi was looking for his girlfriend that inspires him to steal.Unfortunately she was nowhere to be found in his trying times.
That is woman for you. Mttchew.

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by guiddoti: 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
At last! I saw the picture of Oyenubi. I have heard the story of this desperado, a notorious robber of his time.
I would like to see the picture of Monday osubor, Anini and the rest of them.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Caracta(f): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nice thread. Very interesting! cheesy
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by sCun: 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Yorubas have always been the owners of armed robbery in Nigeria.
Check the records

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by gratiaeo(m): 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
So this people invented drug business and arm-robbery
@op abegi check the people that introduce 419 also
Interesting..........
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
sCun: Yorubas have always been the woners of armed robbery in Nigeria.
Check the records

please mind your utterance
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by DonaldGenes(m): 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Interesting read, omg! Hope i won't dream rubbish oh....kaiiiiii
but why Yoruba and Igbo people sublimely noted for Arm Robbery of high magnitude-This a classic question
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by 190: 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
pathetic low lifer undecided
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by DonaldGenes(m): 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
segzy14:

please mind your utterance

But that seems to be case*It obvious nah....or you want to demur it
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
Donalð Genes: Interesting read, omg! Hope i won't dream rubbish oh....kaiiiiii
but why Yoruba and Igbo people sublimely noted for Arm Robbery of high magnitude-This a classic question

yoruba and igbo ke! So u mean other tribes dont have armed robbers of high magnitude
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Donalð Genes:

But that seems to be case*It obvious nah....or you want to demur it

can u give me facts.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by eagleeye2: 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
I knew it was only a matter of time before this thread is TRIBALISED.

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
kayce19: @op can u please tell us about Lawrence Anini? I have heard a lot about him but yet to get the full gist of how it happened.
Google! Op is a young man like you

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
I dont know why people tribalise things

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Coldfeet(f): 11:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
INNARMORATA: Too long a letter..Jst passing by..
Too long a letter you say? Wow! I didn't even want it to end! Op thanks for this piece! My dad told me this story years ago though not this detailed! He told me that it was his mother that he was scanning the crowd for. Thanks again for this! am making a copy of this ASAP.

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by nijanigga: 11:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Blame it on headless leader Gowon.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
I miss the good old days. Institutionalised jungle justice is the most potent justice of all. Execute these miserable bástards (armed robbers, kidnappers, and other violent criminals) in the full glare of the teeming public. Such a beautiful thing to witness.

4 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by chairman: 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
[/color]
Gabriel_sylar: Actually what they call “violent” then was just normal...read d story of richard kulklinski he killed 200 people yet he was givn life imprisonment...oyenusi escaped tru d help of his friends the NPF..there was nothing too violent that a simple incarceration could not solve......
I believe that those that sign those death warrants and those still signing them will face worse fates unless they have not sinned before or at least will not commit any sin again after signing them. I know they will ask God to forgive their own sin
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by stagger: 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Babatunde Folorunsho. Ishola Oyenusi and a Naval Sub Lt. named William Alders Oyazimo were the three robbers whose pictures appear (the trio slumped on the stakes).

The civil war led to the proliferation of arms and that is where we have found ourselves today. Check all the countries where civil wars were fought. They have never been the same.

4 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Lordave: 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
eagle,eye:

Please let me correct the bolded. Orji Uzor Kalu did not start Bakassi Boys.
Bakassi Boys started wheen criminal elements like the different group of Aba Mafians were terrorising the Ariaria Shoemaker boys who normally stay at a place they call Bakassi near Ariaria international Market. The Mafian Boys were terrorising the whole of Aba and not just the shoemaker boys. Infact, the shoemaker boys and some other business men at that time were paying Royalty/Levy to these Mafian boys.
But things got to a head and the Ariaria Shoemaker Boys and some other boys in Ariaria formed a kind of vigilante which later metamorphosed to the "dreaded" BAKASSI BOYS. The story we that was going around then (1998/1999) was that these Bakassi Boys went to a powerful medicine man to do a better charm for them. Then their leader was a crippled man.
After the battle at Water Side, Ogbor-hill. The Mafian boys started leaving town.
When Orji Uzor Kalu came in 1999, he decided to give the Bakassi Boys some 'legitimacy'. Which turned out to become the "Rise and Fall of the Bakassi Boys".
NB
I enjoyed your story about Dr Oyenusi. Carry Go bro.
The memory is still fresh. Umu Nwasimuo and Emejiaka. Jango and his Ndi Akpuobi. Bakassi really tried, despite their unprofessional system.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Lordave: 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Op, you know of Uche Abrika and Chidindu of Wilcox Memorial second sch?
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by misterh(m): 11:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
chairman: [/color]I believe that those that sign those death warrants and those still signing them will face worse fates unless they have not sinned before or at least will not commit any sin again after signing them. I know they will ask God to forgive their own sin
GOSH!!! This post just turned my stomach. WTF?? Everybody is a sinner but some sins weigh more than others. So a murderer should be left off the hook because the judge is also a sinner? Most adults stole meats from the pots when they were young but does that stop them from punishing their own children if they steal meats from the pot? If we are to follow your logic, the world would be inhabitable. Damn!

8 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by niceeric(m): 11:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
more stories Please!!!!!....ill like to hear d anini story next!....OP u get mouth die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bst Ways To Write An Application Letter For School Teaching Job (nirafame) / Today's Ghana Fortune Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / How To Generate Free Recharge Card Pins Online And Make Free Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.