Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber (127491 Views)

The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] / Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia / ISIS Releases A Video That Shows The Execution Of 250 Syrians (WARNING! Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by vislabraye(m): 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
isale_gan2:

A lot of those seem to be economic-related crimes, though violent.

What info do you have on cold-blooded murders and (serial) murderers? The criminally insane or sociopath who simply killed just for the thrill of it? I remember reading a news story about an amateur "magician" guy, in the guise of a Professor Peller, who had a body cut up and stashed in a suitcase in his house. shocked sad

90s child? Well, I was before your time. embarassed lipsrsealed I remember newspaper and TV news coverage about executions at the Bar Beach or someplace. undecided

P.S. I don't wish to derail; this might be unrelated to topic.

Serial killing is not an African thing (altho an exception is a case of a BLACK South African ). I think we shud be grateful for that.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by smartg(m): 12:02am On Dec 13, 2013
What a man sore, he shall reap!
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 13, 2013
I am dying for the offence I have committed

Nice one.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by danthamccoy(m): 12:05am On Dec 13, 2013
Very interesting read. What is with some people and the lack of a good reading culture. Can't believe people were asking the op to summarize. Na wa oh.

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by ugochukwu360(m): 12:05am On Dec 13, 2013
Wow dis story actually reminded me of a phrase i read from Proff. Wole Soyinka's play d trials nd metamorphosis of Brother Jero, which is "the sands of the barbeach spectacular".
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by funnyx(m): 12:05am On Dec 13, 2013
stagger: Babatunde Folorunsho. Ishola Oyenusi and a Naval Sub Lt. named William Alders Oyazimo were the three robbers whose pictures appear (the trio slumped on the stakes).

The civil war led to the proliferation of arms and that is where we have found ourselves today. Check all the countries where civil wars were fought. They have never been the same.

I learnt Babatunde Folorunsho was a lover of lace, no wonder he wore lace even at stakes. His love for lace made many people who wore lace then to be tagged Babatunde Folorunsho hence the reason Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey (The only living music legend) release a track to advise people from tagging every one wearing lace as armed robbers. Evergreen song 20 track 2:
Egbe buburu awon yen ba egbe rere je 2ce
Ti a ba sise mimo t'aba sise rere a lee wo'so to gbafe ka de fila oye ka je'gbadun ara wa
E ma f'oju buruku wo eni to wo lace
Eni to jale iyen lo ye ka bawi....
B'obinrin ba wo lace won a l'aya Babatunde
B'okunrin ba wo lace won a ni Folorunsho.....

4 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Aksally(m): 12:10am On Dec 13, 2013
I beg this Dr resemble Ruggedman o
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by obami007(m): 12:20am On Dec 13, 2013
This is what I could get about lawrence anini on wikipedia

Lawrence Nomanyagbon Anini (c. 1960 – March 29, 1987) [1] was a Nigerian bandit who terrorised Benin City in the 1980s along with his sidekick Monday Osunbor. He was captured and executed for his crimes.

Life

Anini was born in a village about 20 miles from Benin City in present day Edo State. He migrated to Benin at an early age, learned to drive and became a skilled taxi driver in a few years. He became known in Benin motor parks as a man who could control the varied competing interest among motor park touts and operators. He later dived into the criminal business in the city and soon became a driver and transporter for gangs, criminal godfathers and thieves. Later on, he decided to create his own gang and they started out as car hijackers, bus robbers and bank thieves. Gradually, he extended his criminal acts to other towns and cities far north and east of Benin.

The complicity of the police is believed to have triggered Anini's reign of terror in 1986. In early 1986, two members of his gang were tried and prosecuted against an earlier under-the-table bribe induced agreement with the police to destroy evidence against the gang members. The incident, and Anini's view of police betrayal, is believed to have spurred retaliatory actions by Anini. On August, 1986, a fatal bank robbery linked to Anini was reported in which a police officer and a child were killed. That same month, two officers on duty were shot at a barricade while trying to stop Anini's car. During a span of three months, he was known to have killed 9 police officers. He wrote numerous letters to media houses using political tones of Robin Hood-like words to describe his criminal acts.

On December 3, 1986, he was caught at a house off a main street of Benin City in the company of a girl friend. Anini was shot in the leg, transferred to a military hospital several days after he was shot in the leg, and had one of his legs amputated.[2] The country's military leader, Ibrahim Babangida, demanded a speedy trial. Anini was convicted of most of his charges and was executed on March 29, 1987.,[1] also his friend monday osunbor was sentenced to death

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by niceeric(m): 12:25am On Dec 13, 2013
onihaxy: Pls. What does "OP" means?
it means original poster

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by hardbody: 12:31am On Dec 13, 2013
dimples*:
My face is stuck on dat smile on his face sad

Will have to Hold on to som1 b4 i sleep dis nite embarassed

I am available to u any time.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:35am On Dec 13, 2013
dimples*:

More ke? Wicked cheesy
I aint been wicked, I just want U in my arms for eternity. BTW, watz gud for the goose is good for the gander (Ur Signature fnz).
OP, teh us more... Tell us MORE
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by ROYALD(m): 12:38am On Dec 13, 2013
history
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 13, 2013
Mehn dis story is gory,I ve never seen anybody being killed in my life,and I don't wanna see.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by hardbody: 12:43am On Dec 13, 2013
chairman: [/color]I believe that those that sign those death warrants and those still signing them will face worse fates unless they have not sinned before or at least will not commit any sin again after signing them. I know they will ask God to forgive their own sin

Bros no vex are u criminal or are you undergoing membership training? Just asking out of curiosity

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by isalegan2: 12:48am On Dec 13, 2013
vislabraye:

Serial killing is not an African thing (altho an exception is a case of a BLACK South African ). I think we shud be grateful for that.

ndu_chucks:

Ah ah, look at question!! Africans don't have the DNA to become such socipaths na.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

I wouldn't be so sure. What about people who burn others alive or when they abuse women or men simply because someone yelled "thief"? That is sociopathy, no? Is there such a word? Psychopathy then.

Our people want to copy everything they see in American movies. They watch indecency and incorporate that filth into all sorts of other entertainment - Nollywood, music videos. Some of the pictures I see of some these musically-challenged Nigerian musicians and their video vixens pretending to be street hoodlums are just as silly and obscene as they get. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned sha. I believe that indecency can lead to violent and anti-social and sadistic behaviour. Did you see that Castro guy that kidnapped those girls and kept them for like 10 years? I think it was in Ohio. He said in his speech to the court that too much indecency changed him. But none of the American news networks wanted to focus on that very vital warning.

Anyway, I really don't think I asked my initial question right. lol.

I simply wanted statistics on murders unrelated to robbery or other crimes. I remember my brother telling me about the history of the first case of murder by a native Nigerian that was tried in a Nigerian court - I can't remember it now. But he said people were so shocked in the community and the case is a landmark. I suppose it would have been in the early 20th century.

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by repogirl(f): 12:56am On Dec 13, 2013
I had no clue until now that public executions were carried out at the bar beach..... Kind of barbaric, and makes the beach seem kind of eerie for me now.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 13, 2013
history at its best,just learnt something new,have heard about him,but this is very detailed.nice one op.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by kid7soccer(m): 1:21am On Dec 13, 2013
Yes i read wat hapin, but Instead of killing y not draft this men into dey army to serve they nation, they skill will have bin put to gud use dey. They were killed for crime and murder offenses, while the real criminals and murderers (gudluck, obj, babagida,even gowon etc) are still alive, working free and hold political post in nigeria. Nigeria is another word for decay.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by shizzle11(m): 1:22am On Dec 13, 2013
gcfr.com:
pls, you mods shuold edit the heading of this thread, and add a warning to it or something, cos this is very bad, n offensive!

Don't get you. how exactly is the heading offensive to you.?

@op nice one. thanks for taking us down memory lane
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Ayatullah(m): 1:28am On Dec 13, 2013
larayat: I shudnt v opened dis..now aw am I goin 2 slp dis nyt.kai

If you can't sleep this night arrange for someone to sleep for you.

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by valdprof: 1:32am On Dec 13, 2013
allow me into ur room..my arm will provide u enough peace
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by valdprof: 1:33am On Dec 13, 2013
youngestgrad: maybe they is sumtin wrong with me but i have deep respect 4 dis old skul criminals.....they even laugh at d face of death(literally)
as in ehhhh
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by justplainpaul(m): 1:34am On Dec 13, 2013
Wait, let me ask ifa.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by valdprof: 1:37am On Dec 13, 2013
dimples*:

I present myself.....onyenusi , see wat uve done
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by valdprof: 1:37am On Dec 13, 2013
dimples*:

I present myself.....onyenusi , see wat uve caused
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by valdprof: 1:41am On Dec 13, 2013
beau49: 9cee one @ op....really enjoy ur post.

Btw can u pls write on d anini guy,I hrd abt him 4rm some1 buh it was nt detailed...Tanx
hmmm! Hope u wont cry after reading abt me ......I am anini
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Ayatullah(m): 1:41am On Dec 13, 2013
I pray God bring back the Era of Men with Real Spine who will Decree that Armed Robbers should be tied to the stake and sprayed with bullets. Meanwhile kudos to the Edo State Governor, Comrade Oshiomole, the ONLY Governor Standing for the Execution of Armed Robbers and now Kidnappers. shocked

4 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by shizzle11(m): 1:43am On Dec 13, 2013
deltateam:

I believe Onyeanusi was looking for his girlfriend that inspires him to steal.Unfortunately she was nowhere to be found in his trying times.
That is woman for you. Mttchew.
Oyenusi

Don't be stewpid.

8 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Lucasbalo(m): 1:57am On Dec 13, 2013
stagger: Babatunde Folorunsho. Ishola Oyenusi and a Naval Sub Lt. named William Alders Oyazimo were the three robbers whose pictures appear (the trio slumped on the stakes).

The civil war led to the proliferation of arms and that is where we have found ourselves today. Check all the countries where civil wars were fought. They have never been the same.
Good point my friend .
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 13, 2013
i like reading about these stories because they always remind me that crime doesnt pay. as for the lawrence Anini story,its a really sad case for me because i know the story first hand because i still have the video cassette of the documentary daily times did at that time and i am a friend to Anini's first son who is currently a student of UNIBEN.; Nobody knows who he is because they had to change their surname.i will try to convert the cassette into a file so it can be downloaded.God bless nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Raxxye(m): 2:51am On Dec 13, 2013
nicholls2013: i like reading about these stories because they always remind me that crime doesnt pay. as for the lawrence Anini story,its a really sad case for me because i know the story first hand because i still have the video cassette of the documentary daily times did at that time and i am a friend to Anini's first son who is currently a student of UNIBEN.; Nobody knows who he is because they had to change their surname.i will try to convert the cassette into a file so it can be downloaded.God bless nigeria

Anini's son? How do you know that? Who's his mother? So the bandit was actually married?
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Dynamiq(m): 3:03am On Dec 13, 2013
dan tha mccoy: Very interesting read. What is with some people and the lack of a good reading culture. Can't believe people were asking the op to summarize. Na wa oh.
Don't mind some people. I was even wishing that the story wouldn't end. So interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bst Ways To Write An Application Letter For School Teaching Job (nirafame) / Today's Ghana Fortune Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / How To Generate Free Recharge Card Pins Online And Make Free Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.