Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

How To Be Be A Television Presenter - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Be Be A Television Presenter (2779 Views)

Starting A Television Cable Channel? / Starting A Television Cable Channel? / Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Be A Television Presenter by powerminds: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
This year makes me 6 years as a presenter on television.

It has been an exciting learning process for me. I want to appreciate Pst. Idy James who introduced me first to radio and then to television in 2007 and 2008.

Somebody has got to believe in you and introduce you in life. He did.

I have learnt from many veterans, especially locally.

Michael Bush’s confidence and eloquence did catch my attention when I used to watch him on AKBC and NTA,Uyo those days. Today he has gone on to dominate the airwaves in Abuja, being the first independent producer on FRCN.

I studied Microbiology in University of Uyo…but I had an intense desire to be a television presenter. How possible was that?So also did Raphael Edem. He had a strong desire to be on radio and television.From what I gather, he studied Engineering in FUTO but he came on television and became a supers star!

I learned a lot from him those days, especially the way he handled interviews. Today, he serves as one of the MCs for all of Governor Akpabio’s events.

Do you want to be a television presenter? I was helped by people and I want to also help people .

Emmanuel Sam, Uduak AsuquoShenneld Enobong JohnsonCletus Joseph Ubong ClementDavid D’GeniusEmeka Obia all had their FIRST television experience on my platform.

I mentored them…and still mentor a number of them.

David D’ Genius has gone on to be a television regular , radio host and MC.

Emeka Obia became MC of a successful reality show I CAN DANCE and also runs a radio program.

Let me share with you a few tips, and then invite you for a 3 day workshop. Every trainee will have practical experience with me on television.

Here are the tips

1. FIND A NICHE:
I focused on Motivationals and Business development. Any area of human interest will do: Sports, Politics, Religion, Health etc.

2. BE GOOD:
By this I mean be a master in that area of interest.I was confidently recommended because I was very good at motivational speaking.

3. LEARN HOW TO SPEAK:
Eloquence and good diction is key.That is one area that I will also be of tremendous help to you in the workshop. We would learn about [public speaking and mass media.

4. FACIAL MANIPULATIONS:
Television viewers are seeing you first before they are hearing you. You must master facial gestures and I can show you how. Facial gestures move viewers faster than any other thing you do in front of the camera.

5.OVERCOME TV/MICROPHONE FRIGHT:
Most of my television programs have been live shows. That can put one under intense pressure because you cannot afford to make mistakes.

No “Cut!” from the producer. It is you and the camera…and millions of viewers.There is a “how” to overcome this fright.

Well, those are some tips.
There are much more!
Re: How To Be Be A Television Presenter by jerrymania(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
you mean learning on how to be a television presenter in order to work for t.v stations or for your own programs?
Re: How To Be Be A Television Presenter by IRIENBOY(m): 8:50am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: How To Be Be A Television Presenter by Sweetestlady: 7:19am On Dec 19, 2013
jerrymania: you mean learning on how to be a television presenter in order to work for t.v stations or for your own programs?
TIPS ON HOW To BE A GOOD TV PRESENTER IN GENERAL!!!...
Re: How To Be Be A Television Presenter by uzodimma4sunnex: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2013
pls i am in and i am interested, how do i join. tank u.
Re: How To Be Be A Television Presenter by jpepper: 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hi powerminds

I have a friend who studied Mass comm and is trying to break into the industry.He is having challenges as most media houses he has visited keep asking for experience which he doesnt have apart from hosting shows(pageants I think) in school and in camp as he just finished NYSC this year. He would like to go for some training or even further his education but finance is a challenge.I think he is good and you can see the passion when he talks about his stuff, he even has nice ideas,i think he just needs someone to give him a chance.Can you help or is there any advice you can give?Or can I have your email address so we can talk better?

powerminds: This year makes me 6 years as a presenter on television.

It has been an exciting learning process for me. I want to appreciate Pst. Idy James who introduced me first to radio and then to television in 2007 and 2008.

Somebody has got to believe in you and introduce you in life. He did.

I have learnt from many veterans, especially locally.

Michael Bush’s confidence and eloquence did catch my attention when I used to watch him on AKBC and NTA,Uyo those days. Today he has gone on to dominate the airwaves in Abuja, being the first independent producer on FRCN.

I studied Microbiology in University of Uyo…but I had an intense desire to be a television presenter. How possible was that?So also did Raphael Edem. He had a strong desire to be on radio and television.From what I gather, he studied Engineering in FUTO but he came on television and became a supers star!

I learned a lot from him those days, especially the way he handled interviews. Today, he serves as one of the MCs for all of Governor Akpabio’s events.

Do you want to be a television presenter? I was helped by people and I want to also help people .

Emmanuel Sam, Uduak AsuquoShenneld Enobong JohnsonCletus Joseph Ubong ClementDavid D’GeniusEmeka Obia all had their FIRST television experience on my platform.

I mentored them…and still mentor a number of them.

David D’ Genius has gone on to be a television regular , radio host and MC.

Emeka Obia became MC of a successful reality show I CAN DANCE and also runs a radio program.

Let me share with you a few tips, and then invite you for a 3 day workshop. Every trainee will have practical experience with me on television.

Here are the tips

1. FIND A NICHE:
I focused on Motivationals and Business development. Any area of human interest will do: Sports, Politics, Religion, Health etc.

2. BE GOOD:
By this I mean be a master in that area of interest.I was confidently recommended because I was very good at motivational speaking.

3. LEARN HOW TO SPEAK:
Eloquence and good diction is key.That is one area that I will also be of tremendous help to you in the workshop. We would learn about [public speaking and mass media.

4. FACIAL MANIPULATIONS:
Television viewers are seeing you first before they are hearing you. You must master facial gestures and I can show you how. Facial gestures move viewers faster than any other thing you do in front of the camera.

5.OVERCOME TV/MICROPHONE FRIGHT:
Most of my television programs have been live shows. That can put one under intense pressure because you cannot afford to make mistakes.

No “Cut!” from the producer. It is you and the camera…and millions of viewers.There is a “how” to overcome this fright.

Well, those are some tips.
There are much more!

(1) (Reply)

This Guy Won 10million With A 200naira Stake / How Can I Make Profit From A Restaurant Business / Anybody Using Venmo Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.