Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" (606 Views)

Mr Raw Aka Dat Nigga Raw Remains The King Of Igbo Rap / Download Multiply(remix) Phyno Ft Flavour, Timaya Nigga Raw N M.i / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" by richP: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
I've been wondering this for a while now, and i think that word carries no racial intonations in the hip hop industry anymore .black Rappers use it as a term of endearment now.
Re: Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" by RSAMAN(m): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
Yes. R.A The Rugged Man used it.
Re: Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" by richP: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
RSAMAN: Yes. R.A The Rugged Man used it.
i know. but mainstream rappers like Em, macklemore, yelawolf. would be skinned by the media if they used it on a track. to me this is reverse racism
Re: Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" by Alikaxon(m): 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
ok
Re: Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" by RSAMAN(m): 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
richP:
i know. but mainstream rappers like Em, macklemore, yelawolf. would be skinned by the media if they used it on a track. to me this is reverse racism

i wouldn't blame them. If the usage of nigga by white rappers can be acknowledged as adding artistic value to rap songs, some might start abusing the word. Think of how many rappers are already bleeping the poetry in the form of rap, by glorifying bling, bling, and rapping about womanliness, and saying the word NIGGA every 2seconds in ther songs.
Re: Should White Rappers Use "Nigga" by richP: 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
RSAMAN:

i wouldn't blame them. If the usage of nigga by white rappers can be acknowledged as adding artistic value to rap songs, some might start abusing the word. Think of how many rappers are already bleeping the poetry in the form of rap, by glorifying bling, bling, and rapping about womanliness, and saying the word NIGGA every 2seconds in ther songs.
the listening community is already dumbed down, thats why 2chainz is considered good. me still thinks evri1 should say nigga if they want. i hear a lot of blacks call whites cracker yet there is no outcry.

(1) (Reply)

Win N500,000 & A Pioneer Dj Set In The #johnnymashupbattle With Dj Jimmy Jatt & / The Nigerian Artiste Music Ban By Iban/bon On Radio And T.v Stations / To Belt Or Not To Belt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.