Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

Need Help On Programming Language(c#) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Help On Programming Language(c#) (877 Views)

Message To Nairaland Programmers On Programming and Success / Nigeria Sucks On Programming. / Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
programmers in the house please help me out,am developing an online examination system but the database i was thought is ms-access,buh i want to use SQL. how will i connect to sql databse
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Alikaxon(m): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by elfico(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
SQL server mostly comes with the visual studio you are using. Although you can only browse your database in visual studio if the version is lower e.g visual studio 2008 can show you databases created with sql server 2005. If u intend to use mysql, you wil need a mysql connector that wil communicate between ur mysql engine and visual studio. I did a similar project using ASP.NET/C# and used mysql.
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2013
tanx
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by csharpjava(m): 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
grocery: programmers in the house please help me out,am developing an online examination system but the database i was thought is ms-access,buh i want to use SQL. how will i connect to sql databse

Do you want the SQL connection embedded in your code or do you want the SQL connection to be in the WebConfig file?
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2013
csharpjava:

Do you want the SQL connection embedded in your code or do you want the SQL connection to be in the WebConfig file?

i want it to be the webconfig file
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Raypawer(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
use Entity Framework, its just what u need to connect any database, i have been using it with my SQL for a while nw

grocery: programmers in the house please help me out,am developing an online examination system but the database i was thought is ms-access,buh i want to use SQL. how will i connect to sql databse

u can also get the webconfig file of it
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Raypawer(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
u can download the entity framework from here

http://www.nuget.org/packages/EntityFramework/
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Raypawer(m): 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
even if it comes with visual studio, u still entity framework in order to translate ur code to a language mySQL understands, and vice versa...

elfico: SQL server mostly comes with the visual studio you are using. Although you can only browse your database in visual studio if the version is lower e.g visual studio 2008 can show you databases created with sql server 2005. If u intend to use mysql, you wil need a mysql connector that wil communicate between ur mysql engine and visual studio. I did a similar project using ASP.NET/C# and used mysql.
Re: Need Help On Programming Language(c#) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
does anyone staying around Gbagada have Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate not RC

(1) (Reply)

Watch Us Make A Game Using "Unreal Engine 3" (ps3/pc) / Building APIs: Lessons Learned The Hard Way / Checkout This Android Game I Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.