Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

This Toke Makinwa&linda Ikeji Issue,Toni Payne Blast Linda Ikeji&Blog Commenters - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Toke Makinwa&linda Ikeji Issue,Toni Payne Blast Linda Ikeji&Blog Commenters (1499 Views)

Fans To Toke Makinwa: "How Do You Wash Your Private Part With Ur Long Nails? / Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog / This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Toke Makinwa&linda Ikeji Issue,Toni Payne Blast Linda Ikeji&Blog Commenters by amakaikeng(f): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
Singer 9ice's ex-wife, Toni Payne has lashed out at blog readers for engaging in cyber bullying, especially the recent attacks on OAP Toke Makinwa. Toni took to twitter and her blog to address the issue which attracted several comments in solidarity with Toke. She also accused Linda Ikeji of being a "ring leader queen of sarcasm," adding that Linda is being vindictive simply because Toke had once said on her radio show that Linda isn't a role model. The article is a must read...continue at the jump to read it...

Cyber bullying: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue By Toni Pani
Let me start by saying, we sometimes avoid those touchy subjects because we wish to avoid “drama” but Cyber Bullying is one concept it seems we are yet to get a full grasp on its consequences. Currently, in America there is a full campaign launched against bullying in general, where different celebs have been actively campaigning to stop bullying. We have seen cases of young ones committing suicide because they couldn’t handle the bullying. I pray and hope things don’t get this far in my motherland, although I suspect it may have and we just don’t document it as much.

For the sake of time, I will try not to over talk but a lot has to be said to make my point very clear so kindly excuse the long read, (I tend to do that when im passionate about something). I know a lot keep quiet to avoid backlash but hey, it is what it is.

There is this ”trend” of making vicious comments about others that has become popularized by certain blogs. Overtime, its now seeming like the norm, with more people appearing to see nothing wrong with it. We even have corporate brands willing to identify with such sites irrespective of the damage or harm they cause.
They say as a celeb you are meant to have thick skin, but in the same token, as a human being we must all set good examples for those who look up to us. Imagine having a generation of people who see nothing wrong with hurting each other all in the name of fun.

Anyways lets fast forward to why we are here. There is a blog very notable for nasty comments, in fact more people visit the blog because of its comments than its content. The blog is owned and run by a lady named Linda. Please keep in mind, I have nothing against her, she is a hard working lady who has made a name for herself, but I also wont for the sake of status not call a spade a spade. I am not singling her out just for the sake of it, but she just happens to be the 2nd party involved in the issue I want to discuss.

I will make my case based on my observations about her blog or her (it gets confusing seeing as she approves the comments that make public view so if she wasn’t ok with it, we probably wouldn’t see it). You are probably asking yourself, as long as its not me being targeted, why should I be concerned? guess what, it is all of our business because God forbid what is being seen as “ok” now, may affect you someday.

Aside from being a simple to read source for news, overtime, the blog has grown into some sort of “haven” for anonymous commenters who wish to pour out the darkness inside them all in the name of commenting about others. They have even taken it several notches up and attack each other. Today, I saw tweets to the effect that Toke Makinwa was being attacked on a certain blog. One of the retweets took me to the source and my heart was like, something has to be said. If it changes something, fine. If it doesn’t, that’s fine too.
What I noted was that the past few days has seen blogger Linda hammer on and on about Toke’s Relationship breaking up, or posting a reference to being engaged for too long, or posting pictures of the babe calling it ”stunning” in her usual sarcastic style, and allowing her readers do the rest. When I mean “the rest” I am talking about the outright nasty, vicious, malicious comments posted about this lady from people who do not even know her. Lets not forget some past commenters who would even claim to know the subject personally and proceed to post “personal” information about the person.. if they are lies, we do not know, but we still get to watch the defamation go on and all these are approved by the blog owner....continue to read the rest here...http://amakaikenga..com/2013/12/cyber-bullying-this-toke-makinwa-and.html

Re: This Toke Makinwa&linda Ikeji Issue,Toni Payne Blast Linda Ikeji&Blog Commenters by fruityjojo(f): 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
So if Miss Toke could diss Miss Linda on her radio show saying she is not a role model! Then why can't linda blog abt all d nightly parties & red carpets event she attends! hmm dats y I aways tell peeps if u know u can't fight dirty 2 the end den u berra not start a fight at all & later start crying Victim! Mtchheww
Re: This Toke Makinwa&linda Ikeji Issue,Toni Payne Blast Linda Ikeji&Blog Commenters by RedCard1(m): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
While I dislike Toke's love for red carpet events and her saying Linda isn't a role model, Linda's blogging style is so bad. She sets the celebs she hates up by making unnecessary posts about them and letting her readers blast them. When it comes to a celeb she loves and wants to be like (e.g Kim K) she will begin to censor comments and avoid insults. She's wack. I stopped commenting long ago when I discovered how bad the blog tends to be. I'll only view posts. I no longer visit nigeriafilms.com for that same reason too. And pls, most of the many comments there are not from Linda's so called loyal reders but some hired hands. I admire Linda for her hardwork but she still needs to redifine her blog.
Re: This Toke Makinwa&linda Ikeji Issue,Toni Payne Blast Linda Ikeji&Blog Commenters by missBanks: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Beyoncé Shares A Remarkable Photo Of Her With The Late Nelson Mandela.
http://onubiyi..co.uk/2013/12/beyonce-shares-remarkable-photo-of-her.html
Re: This Toke Makinwa&linda Ikeji Issue,Toni Payne Blast Linda Ikeji&Blog Commenters by missBanks: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
OMG! Is Paris Hilton This Dumb? See Her Reaction To Mandela's Death.
http://onubiyi..co.uk/2013/12/omg-is-paris-hilton-this-dumb-see-her.html

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Poses Sans Bra In Show-stopping Photo Shoot For CR Fashion Book / 10 Celebs That Landed On Amanda Bynes' "Ugly" List / Biodun Okoeowo's Outfit To BON Awards: Who To Be Blame? Her Tailor Or Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.