Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

What Mandela Told Me About Power ––obasanjo - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Mandela Told Me About Power ––obasanjo (751 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Mandela Told Me About Power ––obasanjo by Justblog7: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-dsp6wbOea80/UqHeDCt_sDI/AAAAAAAAzG8/Hh94eWyJr5I/s1600/Obasanjo+5.jpg[/img]

Here is what President Olusegun Obasanjo said on Friday in his
tribute to the icon, Nelson Mandela:

"Certain that his task was completed, Mandela modestly refused
to seek re-election after his first term in office as his presidency
elapsed. I still recall his pragmatic words when he said to me
‘Olu, show me a [reasonable] place in the world where a man of
80 years is running the affairs of his country' .

"This, to me, reflects an unequaled sense of modesty for a man
who spent 27 of the prime years of his life in prison for a just
cause."

When will our leaders in Nigeria begin to exhibit such unequaled
sense of modesty?

http://www..com/2013/12/what-mandela-told-me-about-power.html
Re: What Mandela Told Me About Power ––obasanjo by igbokwesampson(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Maybe olu, forgot dt he almost finished this country in his bid to continue as president even for a fouth time, well. Change they say is constant maybe he has repented. RIP the dead, and to d living the fortitude to bear the lord we pray oh Lord. Finally to our leaders here in Nija, I pray we learn for the tributes from world leaders to Mandela. Lest I forget, am the first to comment. Hip hip hurray.
Re: What Mandela Told Me About Power ––obasanjo by NosoChic: 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
After he told you .....what did you do with what he told you?

That is the question.

1 Like

Re: What Mandela Told Me About Power ––obasanjo by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dont mind the useless Thief Obasanjo
I am convinced he is going senile
NosoChic: After he told you .....what did you do with what he told you?

That is the question.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Is Morally Sick, Needs Urgent Treatment - Nunoo Mensah / U.S., Canadian Jets Intercept 8 Russian Aircraft / Caliph's Wife Flees ISIS And He Is Pissed And Wants Her Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.