Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

.... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / .... (1519 Views)

Who Do You Think Will Win 2015 Ballon D’or Award? / Which African Teams Do You Think Will Qualify From The Group Stages? / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: .... by KenJak(m): 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
I'm very much confident that Nigeria will pass the group stage,but as for others, I cannot vouch for them.
Re: .... by chriskwaku: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
nigeria., ivory coast and algeria hv easy groups and so would progress. Ghana and Cameroun. Menh we are in deep trouble but trust the black stars to sail through
Re: .... by marutimon: 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
What's so tough about Cameroon's group apart from having Brasil? They play Croatia in the tropical Manuas, while they face Mexico in equatorial Natal. Mexico barely qualified, while Croatia struggled against Iceland.

Meanwhile Cameroon just thrashed Tunisia to qualify.
Re: .... by Theben(m): 7:49am On Dec 07, 2013
Aside Algeria, all the African teams will make it out of the group stage baring complacency and self defeat.

Ghana has nothing to fear. They've shown the world a glimpse of their bravery when they defeated Egypt by 6 goals to 1. While Ghana will approach every game with detemination, the portuguese could underrate them and be very careless when attacking. This could lead to their defeat.

Cameroun is another team in a fairly tough group. I trust them to put up a great performance.

The Ivorians and Nigerians should be celebrating the draw. I see Ivory Coast topping their group and Nigeria second behind group favorite Argentina.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 07, 2013
Cote D' Ivoire and Nigeria will advance to the next round. They both got the relatively easier groups.
Re: .... by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 07, 2013
@ Theben: Colombia is winning that group
Re: .... by kcy(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2013
In game of football,we all knw that any thing can happen....90min of each match will juge
Re: .... by Theben(m): 8:15am On Dec 07, 2013
CFCman: @ Theben: Colombia is winning that group
Colombia has just two world class players. Falcao and maybe Vidal or so. While the Ivorians can boast of having Yaya Toure, Didier Drogba(however old, he's still a force to be reckoned with), Gervinho and many others.

The main threat in that group is Japan. But i trust the ivorians to defeat them.
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2013
Theben: Aside Algeria, all the African teams will make it out of the group stage baring conplacency and self defeat.

Ghana has nothing to fear. They've shown the world a glimpse of their bravery when they defeated Egypt by 6 goals to 1. While Ghana will approach every game with detemination, the portuguese could underrate them and be very careless when attacking. This could lead to their defeat.

Cameroun is another team in a fairly tough group. I trust them to put up a great performance.

The Ivorians and Nigerians should be celebrating the draw. I see Ivory Coast topping their group and Nigeria second behind group favorite Argentina.
Nice writeup ...... I agree that nigeria should celebrate the draw but pple hv already started posting comments about nigeria making it to the semi finals. No doubt its an easy group but y'all shd b careful not to be complacent. I think Nigeria had an equally easy group in 2010 but they still failed to qualify out of the group stages.
Im particularly happy for ivory coast cuz they always find themselves in tough groups. After two consecutive difficult groups in 2010 and 2006, something had to give.
Now Ghana's group is what im realy worried about but im still keeping my fingers crossed.
As for cameroun and Algeria i reali got nuthn to say ... I dont think they can live up to expectation. Or i'll just reserve my negative comments and hope they prove me wrong
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 07, 2013
chriskwaku: nigeria., ivory coast and algeria hv easy groups and so would progress. Ghana and Cameroun. Menh we are in deep trouble but trust the black stars to sail through
dont worry dear ....what painful comments didnt pple make about our chances when we were drawn against EGYPT? we'll be fine :-) smiley
Im really happy for Ivory Coast this time round.
Re: .... by Obrafour(m): 8:59am On Dec 07, 2013
Ozil scored but Germany struggled
to beat us in South Africa. We beat
USA. Will be motivated against
Portugal (our 1st time) Can't we( ghana) Qualify?
Re: .... by Theben(m): 9:15am On Dec 07, 2013
@chokl8candie Yes, Nigeria was placed in similar group in 2010 and didn't make it out of the group stage. This is as a result of so many factors.
1. Wrong permutation- When we saw the draw, our plan was to lose the first game against Argentina,and go ahead to win the other two matches. We were too opmisitc and relaxed that we didn't put up a fight against argentina. We gave them the victory on a platter and became jittery in our other two games.

2. Indiscipline/Disunity among our players- Our so called senior players were guilty of this. Osaze was not ready to co-operate with the coach and Keita was unable to control his temper.

3. Over confidence

4. Clueless Coach- Nigeria took a coach that never had a significant achievement with any national team to the world cup.

Having the above in mind, i think we would be careful to avoid repetition of world cup 2010 the same way we carefully approached the qualifiers against the ethiopians after learning a bitter lesson from 2012 Nations cup qualifiers elimination by guinea.

1 Like

Re: .... by rastamouse: 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
Theben: @chokl8candie Yes, Nigeria was placed in similar group in 2010 and didn't make it out of the group stage. This is as a result of so many factors.
1. Wrong permutation- When we saw the draw, our plan was to lose the first game against Argentina,and go ahead to win the other two matches. We were too opmisitc and relaxed that we didn't put up a fight against argentina. We gave them the victory on a platter and became jittery in our other two games.

2. Indiscipline/Disunity among our players- Our so called senior players were guilty of this. Osaze was not ready to co-operate with the coach and Keita was unable to control his temper.

3. Over confidence

4. Clueless Coach- Nigeria took a coach that never had a significant achievement with any national team to the world cup.

Having the above in mind, i think we would be careful to avoid repetition of world cup 2010 the same way we carefully approached the qualifiers against the ethiopians after learning a bitter lesson from 2012 Nations cup qualifiers elimination by guinea.

Eh so your head correct like this? hmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: .... by safarigirl(f): 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
1. NIGERIA...if we don't leave our group, omo, na to pack the entire team go meet TB Joshua. With the likes of Enyeama, Mikel, Onazi, Omeruo, Moses and Emenike(these 2 are beasts when they have to be). There is NO reason why we shouldn't qualify..2. GHANA....so at first glance, Ghana is done for in this group, but on further analysis, it's possible the 2 top teams, Germany and Portugal could just do the others a favor and cancel one of both out at the first game, all Ghana will need? A win with a nice margin and 2 draws....I'm not sure of the rest. CIV may have it easy, but it will be foolhardy to strike out the Blue Samuris so quickly especially as CIV don't have youth on their side, Algeria just never gets it together and Cameroon? Things aren't looking good there.
Re: .... by Theben(m): 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
I also believe the Brazilian weather would favour Ghana more than the two European teams in their group. The toughest game for Ghana in the group could be against the United State of America.
Re: .... by marutimon: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Theben:
Colombia has just two world class players. Falcao and maybe Vidal or so. While the Ivorians can boast of having Yaya Toure, Didier Drogba(however old, he's still a force to be reckoned with), Gervinho and many others.

The main threat in that group is Japan. But i trust the ivorians to defeat them.

Vidal is Chilean.
Re: .... by Theben(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
marutimon:

Vidal is Chilean.
Noted

(1) (Reply)

See List of Top Ten Footballers Who Never Received A Red Card / Dear Messi Fans Stop Disrespecting Ronaldo / Check Out The Free Correctscore Tip For Today Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.