Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Fake Malaysian Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fake Malaysian Visa? (1583 Views)

A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / Malaysian Government Out On Yahoo Yahoo Boys / Malaysian Cities: Photo Gallery Of An Emerging Market Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Malaysian Visa? by elleven45(m): 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nairaland is the only place to get answers you can't get Google.
My cousin applied for a Malaysia student visa in July, through his friend in Malaysia, up until now he's yet to get a positive reply from them, all they told him was he's papers are still with the immigration and he should just wait that it's generally affecting everybody in Malaysia right now.
It's really eating him up and I hope I can get answers for him on here.
My question now is, how true is the tale? Should he should keep waiting?
Re: Fake Malaysian Visa? by ifegy: 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sounds fishy...He sent his documents to a person in Malaysia, to do a visa application from within Malaysia, while he, the applicant, is outside Malaysia That's not the way it's done. You're supposed to apply for a visa to another country from your HOME country. This whole thing sounds like a scam
Re: Fake Malaysian Visa? by elleven45(m): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
That's the problem
What trust can cause
ifegy: Sounds fishy...He sent his documents to a person in Malaysia, to do a visa application from within Malaysia, while he, the applicant, is outside Malaysia That's not the way it's done. You're supposed to apply for a visa to another country from your HOME country. This whole thing sounds like a scam
Re: Fake Malaysian Visa? by ifegy: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
Well, he had better cut his losses and walk away, or else next thing he will hear is that he needs to send more money for additional 'visa processing'. After that, the scammers will just keep asking him for money until his eyes open. Next time, do things the right way. Go to the Malaysian Embassy if you want their visa; they are the only ones who can give you.
Re: Fake Malaysian Visa? by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 09, 2013
ifegy: Sounds fishy...He sent his documents to a person in Malaysia, to do a visa application from within Malaysia, while he, the applicant, is outside Malaysia That's not the way it's done. You're supposed to apply for a visa to another country from your HOME country. This whole thing sounds like a scam

Well, from my experience with Malaysian student application, the way it is done is that ONLY the school can process immigration clearance for you.

When I did it for a friend, we got a school from the internet and sent his application to them. They offered him a place and gave him instruction on how to pay his first year tuition fees. We wired the money and they processed his immigration pass and sent it to him in 9ja. With that and the evidence of payment we proceeded to the Malaysian high commission and got his entry visa within three weeks before he left for Malaysia.

However, what they will issue to you at the High Commission is a Three months Social pass with which you can travel to Malaysia. You will get one year student visa renewable yearly through your school on enrolment.

Hope this helps.
Re: Fake Malaysian Visa? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2013
ifegy: Well, he had better cut his losses and walk away, or else next thing he will hear is that he needs to send more money for additional 'visa processing'. After that, the scammers will just keep asking him for money until his eyes open. Next time, do things the right way. Go to the Malaysian Embassy if you want their visa; they are the only ones who can give you.

It is best for him to do it by himself, those guys in Malaysia will chop you if you are not careful. My friend actually had similar experience, they told him $300 initially. Later they told him to pay part-tuition of $1000, I advised him to run as far as his legs can carry him.
Re: Fake Malaysian Visa? by elleven45(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
You're right that's what they told him
But its takin long and sadly he borrowed money from me, that's why I'm even more concerned
UBKtech:

Well, from my experience with Malaysian student application, the way it is done is that ONLY the school can process immigration clearance for you.

When I did it for a friend, we got a school from the internet and sent his application to them. They offered him a place and gave him instruction on how to pay his first year tuition fees. We wired the money and they processed his immigration pass and sent it to him in 9ja. With that and the evidence of payment we proceeded to the Malaysian high commission and got his entry visa within three weeks before he left for Malaysia.

However, what they will issue to you at the High Commission is a Three months Social pass with which you can travel to Malaysia. You will get one year student visa renewable yearly through your school on enrolment.

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Smallest Countries In The World / Abraham Adesanya Housing Estate Flooded / 5 Jobs That Can Land You An Australian Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.