Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS (5098 Views)

5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. / Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 07, 2013
Kamsy10: Normally I don't criticize churches, I just walk away from a church when I hear sermons that are hypocritical and certainly meant for selfish interests.
People that criticize the catholic church apparently dont know jack about the catholic church.
For me I am a catholic who once left the faith and joined other churches to see if there's a better church.Note I was a devoted worker in each church I went but after hearing and learning the stuff some of those pastors preach, MEHN, I quietly went back to the catholic faith. Catholic might have some shortcomings but it's unrivalled compared to the churches I've been to. I'm so happy I retraced my steps.

Here are some of the lies you'll hear from the pulpit:

1. Tithe/offering will take you to heaven since we live in the new testament now and God keeps no record of sins. Therefore tithe/offering is what really matters now. If you dont tithe,you'll go to hell cos you're robbing God,and robbers wont go to heaven.
(Meanwhile tithing was ONLY mentioned in the old testament)
2. If you need a job, car, child etc and you're not tithing, God will not bless you. (False)
(Haba. Even pro.sti.tutes get pregnant and have children.Many CEOs don't even go to church not to talk of tithe.Rom9:15 says 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy,...etc. Matt 7:7 says ask and you shall receive. Check with the richest men in the world. Again pastors have to chose which one to emphasize and which ones not to. I don't blame them sha)

3. If you tithe, you cant be sick, loose your job, get into an accident or get robbed.
(So why do they run to the bank immediately after collecting tithes and offerings to avoid robbery. And they travel oversees for medical checkups, and fly jets and move around with heavy security guards)

4. God asked me to do this, God asked me to do that . Even to the point that God asked them to divorce and marry another one.
(1cor 6:9 says no adulterer shall see the kingdom of God. God has asked you to marry and divorce 2times and heading for the third one)

5. We now live in the new testament, the old testament doesn't count anymore. so dress however you like, men perm your hair if you like to church, youths can fornicate and it doesn't count, girls can come to church naked if it makes them comfortable, just do whatever you like, since Christ has died, you don't have any problem. We now live under grace.
(ok. so why is tithe the center of the sermon everyday knowing that tithe was only mentioned in the old testament. The funny part is the same pastors will say you should not add or remove from the word of God)

6. We are the true Christians, we're emulating Christ, we're Christ-like cos we're born again.
(ok. so why is this rule not applicable to the jet flying pastors. Last time I checked, Christ didn't have a private jet and he drove those who were turning the church into a money making venture but alas our pastors will be identifying with politicians so they too can get a brown envelope. Instead of preaching to them to help create employment for the jobless youths in the church, they simply shower prayers for them and collect offering. Doesn't sound like what the Christ I know will do)

7. Christ was very rich and he wore an expensive robe that is why they cast lots on his robe to decide who should have it.
(ok. Even if the robe was expensive, so your definition of a rich man is a person who has one expensive robe. Why fabricating lies such as these against Christ just to justify the acquisition of an aircraft.

8. We need jets cos we're spreading the gospel to china,japan,america etc
(How come all your pastors in those countries are not able to run the branches for you and then report to you. I guess you're the only one called by God. Nothing is wrong with visting once in a while. Why travelling there every week or month as the case may be or are you worried about them not giving you proper account of the money they're collecting.
Also I used to think they were actually converting the indigenes of those countries, but I discovered that in most of those churches,its mostly their tribal people that actually worship there. In other words,you'll only find only Africans there. Note: I've been to a few countries,and they've bn the same so far)

9.Catholics are doing confessions, blessing holy water, burning incense, worshipping images, and giving holy communion, therefore they are hell bound.
(Why do they have counseling sessions on a particular day of the week where the member tells them about his past life and and how they want God to forgive them and they want to turn a new live and They pray for him/her. Sorry that is not confession, it is called counseling. Did I mention that they carry the stickers of their pastor and his family on their cars, pictures in their homes, offices EVEN ON THEIR BIBLES. Did I also mention that they now bless and give holy communion. Confirm from redeemed and winners chapel.
Also they bless handkerchiefs and carry them around like juju or otumokpor

10. God told me to start my own church that's why I started this church
( No problem but why do you become a stumbling block when one of your pastors receives the same vision and wants to start his own. Some even go as far as cursing the person. )

My point is "the last day will be full of surprises but I pray that God will have mercy on all of us" AMEN

4 Likes

Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 07, 2013
what about the LIEs the Pope has been telling for over 1000 years ?

1 Like

Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 07, 2013
frosbel: what about the LIEs the Pope has been telling for over 1000 years ?
How come the only topic that gets the much deserved emphasis in your church is TITHE. Ladies will dress like p.ro.stitutes in church n you pastors will act like 'yea,it doesn't matter again,Christ has died and We no more live under the law" .....Wait until tithing time. hia!!! you'll start hearing Malachi 3:10..bring all the tithe into the house of God. But this same Malachi 3:10 is in the Old Testament as well as the dressing of a harlot, divorce, homosexuality, etc. why telling the congregation that they'll go to hell if they don't pay tithe. You can go to that length for material gains in the house of God?. God told your role model pastor to marry twice, divorce twice and be heading for the third. Anyway I thank God for helping me retrace my steps. We should either use the whole bible or focus on New Testament and leave (Malachi 3:10 old testament tithe) alone. Haba! Is that too much to ask?
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by spencerwilliams(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2013
How will u say tithin was nt mentioned in d new testament,although i agree wit most of ur points expecially concernin fredom of dressing nd abusing d grace of God,but tithing is also in the new testament.Thank u
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by PastorKun(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2013
spencerwilliams: How will u say tithin was nt mentioned in d new testament,although i agree wit most of ur points expecially concernin fredom of dressing nd abusing d grace of God,but tithing is also in the new testament.Thank u

Yeah tithing was mentioned a couple of tithes in the new testament but it was NEVER taught as a christian doctrine or directed to christians for that matter. Also in the latter part of the new testament, tithing was anulled and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable practise. (Hebrews 7:5-19)
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by BARRISTERDAN(m): 8:57am On Dec 07, 2013
Flirting churches will not help issues. Stay whereever you are and hear the word of God. You have your Bible with you which is the authentic and infallible word of God. Any one that your Pastor or anybody says that contradicts the Bible should be discarded immediately. What is actually causing division and multiplicity of churches today is doctrine(which is nothing but human ideaologies) and the Bible says that God is not the author of confusion. And know that this is the endtime when many teachers shall arise and preach whatever they like so long as it gets them money(which is actually what they are worshipping and not God) So don't get disillusioned alongside them. You can read these places if you can: 1 Timothy 6:3-21, 2Peter 2:1-22. After reading them, you will have a clearer view of these preachers and what to do. The peace of God which passeth all understanding be with your spirits, SHALOM!
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by spencerwilliams(m): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yeah tithing was mentioned a couple of tithes in the new testament but it was NEVER taught as a christian doctrine or directed to christians for that matter. Also in the latter part of the new testament, tithing was anulled and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable practise. (Hebrews 7:5-19)
i don't tink dat portion of d scriptur was referin 2 tithing,Now lets compare it wit wat Jesus said in luke 11:42,he said dey shuld tith,but shuld nt neglet d more important ones,u can read 4 ur self nd tel me wat u tink.God Bless U
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by PastorKun(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2013
spencerwilliams: i don't tink dat portion of d scriptur was referin 2 tithing,Now lets compare it wit wat Jesus said in luke 11:42,he said dey shuld tith,but shuld nt neglet d more important ones,u can read 4 ur self nd tel me wat u tink.God Bless U

The scripture I quoted was talking about tithing if you bothered to read it. In luke 11:42 Jesus was addressing pharisees who were under the law and obliged to keep the tithing law. We christians are NOT under the law so clearly we have no business trying to keep it.
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 07, 2013
spencerwilliams: How will u say tithin was nt mentioned in d new testament,although i agree wit most of ur points expecially concernin fredom of dressing nd abusing d grace of God,but tithing is also in the new testament.Thank u
Thanks for your contribution but it will help if you can tell me the places Jesus emphasized tithing in the New Testament.Even those pastors ALWAYS refer to the old testament (mal 3:10). The only scriptures you'll see is always Malachi 3:10 printed on the offering envelopes. How come that is always the time to run back to Old Testament and dig out Malachi 3:10. Imagine pastors calling non-thithers "ROBBERS" and they've robbed God and heaven is not for such robbers. This is the only type of robbery grin that gets attention during sermon. I thought it was a joke the way the tithing thing was going but alas they began discussing how to start calling non-tithers out in the church to disgrace them. so it was only getting worse n worse. If you even see what the so called lady tithers are wearing in church(I know them cos they're called out for special blessing),you go fear n.u.d.i.t.y plus make up,somebody like me that believes in decency will want to throw up. but no,the pastor wont say anything to them. To be honest, i dont remember sin being flogged seriously except for non-tithers that will neither get blessed nor make heaven. my thing is either you preach sin in its entirety including tithing or we draw from the new testament grace all together and not get judgement based on money you want in your pocket. some of them dont even pay their pastors well. Also the branch pastors are paid a percentage of the tithes they collect so of course it's like making a commission,some of them (just like sales people)will say anything to make that money every Sunday. Did i mention that members that have money and bring it in church are above the law. Whatever is the means of livelihood to make the money is made is a discussion for another. I just took a walk!
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 07, 2013
Kamsy10: How come the only topic that gets the much deserved emphasis in your church is TITHE. Ladies will dress like p.ro.stitutes in church n you pastors will act like 'yea,it doesn't matter again,Christ has died and We no more live under the law" .....Wait until tithing time. hia!!! you'll start hearing Malachi 3:10..bring all the tithe into the house of God. But tithe was mentioned in the Old Testament as well as the dressing of a harlot, divorce, homosexuality, etc. why telling the congregation that they'll go to hell if they don't pay tithe. You can go to that length for material gains in the house of God?. God told your role model pastor to marry twice, divorce twice and be heading for the third. Anyway I thank God for helping me retrace my steps. We should either use the whole bible or focus on New Testament and leave (Malachi 3:10 old testament tithe) alone. Haba! Is that too much to ask?

mate , I am also an ex-catholic and ex-Pentecostal, so don't preach to me, I know what I am talking about.

There is no difference between the catholic church and these Pentecostals, in fact the catholic church is their mother.

smiley
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 07, 2013
frosbel:

mate , I am also an ex-catholic and ex-Pentecostal, so don't preach to me, I know what I am talking about.

There is no difference between the catholic church and these Pentecostals, in fact the catholic church is their mother.

smiley
Am not defending any church here,just don't judge the catholic church when your pastors need serious prayers.
I hate it when these guys try making unsuspecting members think that tithe is what determines if your going to heaven.
To me it's no different from yahoo yahoo
Why do you think with all the churches everywhere especially in nig, attrocities have more than doubled,while tithers have more than tripled cheesy what the pastor emphasizes is very important.
Our pastors even find it a big honor identifying with politicians and collecting brown envelopes.
I respect T.B Joshua sha when he says that he doesn't like receiving our politicians anymore cos when he tells them what to do,they don't do it. So why coming to him? He'll rather face the poor. I was very happy to read that. That's particular attitude of his,is becoming rare from our jet flyers
They'll rather use the unemployed youths as workers(without pay) in the church instead of interceding for them when they meet with our presidents and governors.

God is watching.

1 Like

Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 08, 2013
Imagine this story from the pulpit about robbers that stopped a bus and commanded the passengers thus: if you pay your tithe,go to the right and if you don't pay your tithe,go to the left. They robbed the non tithers and freed the tithers.
Basically the preacher is using this robbers story to scare non tithers in the church. and didnt in any strong way speak against robbery.
He simply appeared to be hailing the robbers for helping them pass the tithe message.
Money mongers,you'll cover the truth all because of tithe. They don't even care what u do for a living,just bring the money n pastor will pray specially for you.
It's quite scary.
i dont know who is more corrupt:
a. these schemers
b.politicians
c.yahoo boys

My guess is (a) cos they are toying wt people's spiritual life

God knows I just want to make heaven and I should be cautioned from the pulpit when am derailing so I can retrace my steps as the need be. Not that you'll be telling me am now under grace so sin doesn't matter anymore yet tithe time,U'll start quoting malachi(old testament) and calling me a robber cos of tithe.

Scam alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More like yahoo in the Lords house

3 Likes

Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by spencerwilliams(m): 5:07am On Dec 08, 2013
Kamsy10: Thanks for your contribution but it will help if you can tell me the places Jesus emphasized tithing in the New Testament.Even those pastors ALWAYS refer to the old testament (mal 3:10). The only scriptures you'll see is always Malachi 3:10 printed on the offering envelopes. How come that is always the time to run back to Old Testament and dig out Malachi 3:10. Imagine pastors calling non-thithers "ROBBERS" and they've robbed God and heaven is not for such robbers. This is the only type of robbery grin that gets attention during sermon. I thought it was a joke the way the tithing thing was going but alas they began discussing how to start calling non-tithers out in the church to disgrace them. so it was only getting worse n worse. If you even see what the so called lady tithers are wearing in church(I know them cos they're called out for special blessing),you go fear n.u.d.i.t.y plus make up,somebody like me that believes in decency will want to throw up. but no,the pastor wont say anything to them. To be honest, i dont remember sin being flogged seriously except for non-tithers that will neither get blessed nor make heaven. my thing is either you preach sin in its entirety including tithing or we draw from the new testament grace all together and not get judgement based on money you want in your pocket. some of them dont even pay their pastors well. Also the branch pastors are paid a percentage of the tithes they collect so of course it's like making a commission,some of them (just like sales people)will say anything to make that money every Sunday. Did i mention that members that have money and bring it in church are above the law. Whatever is the means of livelihood to make the money is made is a discussion for another. I just took a walk!
ples read luke11:42,jesus did nt condem tithin.
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 08, 2013
spencerwilliams: ples read luke11:42,jesus did nt condem tithin.

Am so happy you brought up this scripture cos you've just used it to shoot yourself in the foot. Quoting the NIV version
Here:

Luke 11:42 “Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.

(YOU NEGLECT JUSTICE AND THE LOVE OF GOD)

You see your pastors are so smart that they wont use this scripture but they'll race down to old testament and dig out malachi 3:10
Check all the offering/tithe envelopes in your church today,its the old testament malachi 3:10 you'll find.
Smart guys indeed!!!

so why not condemn ALL the evils mentioned in the bible for crying out loud? WHY NOT PRACTICE ALL?
Why deceiving them that sin doesn't count anymore except that they must tithe or be tagged robbers.WOW!!!!

I guess their definition of living under grace does not include tithe. In other words, non tithers are not covered under that the found grace. cheesy

SCAM!!!
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 08, 2013
Kamsy10:
Our pastors even find it a big honor identifying with politicians and collecting brown envelopes.
[size=16pt]I respect T.B Joshua sha[/size] when he says that he doesn't like receiving our politicians anymore cos when he tells them what to do,they don't do it. So why coming to him? He'll rather face the poor. I was very happy to read that. That's particular attitude of his,is becoming rare from our jet flyers
God is watching.
Do you know TB Joshua is among the top 10 richest MOG in Nigeria? Your respect for him alone has cancelled and contradicted your OP.
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Oyinprince(m): 6:52am On Dec 08, 2013
*observing* anoda tithe thread, i didnt read d op completely cos i've neva heard a pastor say tithes n offerings will take you to heaven, so i dont knw why i suld continue reading "lies"

1 Like

Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2013
Oyinprince: *observing* anoda tithe thread, i didnt read d op completely cos i've neva heard a pastor say tithes n offerings will take you to heaven, so i dont knw why i suld continue reading "lies"
But non payment of tithe will take you to hell? cheesy
But non payment of tithe makes you a robber and will take you to hell. grin
All these new churches scheming for tithe up n down. Is that the only command you noticed in the whole bible?. chai.

Meanwhile in another news,two pastors were just nabbed for ritual killing

Lord have mercy! Evidence of unhealthy competition among the schemers. The more money you have, shows higher anointing

Enjoy this quote from another church insider. Thank God he didn't pretend but said the truth

kufre2010: I have been following this man for sometime now. He always place emphasis on tithing in most of his preaching as if u will die if u don't do it or u will be punish for not tithing so tithing now is not voluntary as it is recorded in the bible? In one of his parish one time ago in Eket Akwa Ibom State the pastor then make it compulsory that members give 20% instead of the usual %10.In-fact my father is a Sunday school teacher in another parish he was complaining why the church should contemplate member suspending a member because he did not pay tithe out of the money of a contract that he won. I just think this thing is getting out of hand.
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: Do you know TB Joshua is among the top 10 richest MOG in Nigeria? Your respect for him alone has cancelled and contradicted your OP.

I read on newspaper where he said God rebuked him for welcoming those politicians in the church and giving them all the attention while the poor that need his attention gets neglected. He said God does that with him whenever they visit, so he LISTENED. I respect that absolutely. That's how it ought to be. It takes the fear of God to hear bitter truths like that and adhere. Remember he's only one person.
What about others? cheesy

You think God is happy with a pastor running after money more than the congregation? at the expense of the salvation message?

Yea I respect the fact that he listened.

Pray for your pastors to fear this God.
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 08, 2013
I don't want to mention churches for obvious reasons but this was quoted from a member of one of the so called big churches
VVVVVVVVVVVV
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 08, 2013
kufre2010: I have been following this man for sometime now. He always place emphasis on tithing in most of his preaching as if u will die if u don't do it or u will be punish for not tithing so tithing now is not voluntary as it is recorded in the bible? In one of his parish one time ago in Eket Akwa Ibom State the pastor then make it compulsory that members give 20% instead of the usual %10.In-fact my father is a Sunday school teacher in another parish he was complaining why the church should contemplate member suspending a member because he did not pay tithe out of the money of a contract that he won. I just think this thing is getting out of hand.

Read the bolded. wow!!!
I wish other evils mentioned in the bible get this level of aggressiveness
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 08, 2013
Tithe: 20percentage? It's even getting more serious each day
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kamsy10: Tithe: 20percentage? It's even getting more serious each day
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kamsy10: Imagine this story from the pulpit about robbers that stopped a bus and commanded the passengers thus: if you pay your tithe,go to the right and if you don't pay your tithe,go to the left. They robbed the non tithers and freed the tithers.
Basically the preacher is using this robbers story to scare non tithers in the church. and didnt in any strong way speak against robbery.
He simply appeared to be hailing the robbers for helping them pass the tithe message.
Money mongers,you'll cover the truth all because of tithe. They don't even care what u do for a living,just bring the money n pastor will pray specially for you.
It's quite scary.
i dont know who is more corrupt:
a. these schemers
b.politicians
c.yahoo boys

My guess is (a) cos they are toying wt people's spiritual life

God knows I just want to make heaven and I should be cautioned from the pulpit when am derailing so I can retrace my steps as the need be. Not that you'll be telling me am now under grace so sin doesn't matter anymore yet tithe time,U'll start quoting malachi(old testament) and calling me a robber cos of tithe.

Scam alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More like yahoo in the Lords house
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kamsy10:

Pray for your pastors to fear this God.
I always pray for pastors in the body of Christ worldwide, not only my pastors. Pastors are fallible,You also should follow this advice ok? Your pastor(pope) too is prone to error. cool
Re: Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: I always pray for pastors in the body of Christ worldwide, not only my pastors. Pastors are fallible,You also should follow this advice ok? Your pastor(pope) too is prone to error. cool

Fair enough

(1) (Reply)

666 Hand Sign In Deeper Lifes, Women Mirror Magazine / Power Contest: Yahweh(god Of Goodmuyis) Vs Otem (Atum's Boy): Otem Won Again!!! / Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ , Found In Egipt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.