Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. (40785 Views)

Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Five things Nigerian Pastors do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Like play like play these things are becoming unbecoming and more like an outbreak among the pastors in Nigeria. Well as a young scientist i'm born into a world of observation and as an observer i pay attention to minute things. But much more as a Christain it seems good to put into light some bad habit exhibited by pastors of various churches in Nigeria. Below are some of them:

1. Shout Hallelujah: the Pastor will just climb the pulpit and as soon as he does he tells the church "Let somebody shout Hallelujah" and the church will shout Hallelujah though the church don't know why they are shouting hallelujah grin so to them it has become a routine. For a sermon of 15 minutes the pastor go don give hallelujah order like 30 times grin

2. Amen: Pastor sees the congregation is not interested in his formulated sermon so hm go say "Amen somebody" the church go reply Amen like he has just said a prayer.

3. Praise the Lord: while there is nothing wrong in praising the Lord yet everything is wrong on how you call the Holy name of the Lord. The pastor may see a sister sleeping so to wake her up he says "praise the Lord" for the fun of it. You think God will be happy with you ba?

4. I can't hear You: He just said a prayer like this "Before the end of this month you are going to smile to the bank" and so the people respond with a loud Amen, though he heard them he will still say "i can't hear you". Una dey lie for pulpit ba?

5. Wiping of Face: Still under Air condition pastor go still dey wipe face. Picking up and dropping the white handkerchief every minutes and that happens when he is on pulpit only.

If you have some you can drop it Pastors must learn.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
I

C
A
M
E.......

I

R
E
A
D.......

I

L
E
F
T......

134 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Rich4god(m): 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
Blowing breeze into the mic... Like say the spirit go come out of him belle, then pass through the mic and out of the speaking...

18 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Rich4god(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
patrickdarlins:
I

C
A
M
E.......

I

R
E
A
D.......

I

B
O
O
K
E
D

S
P
A
C
E......
Corrected

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Rich4god:
Corrected
wooow....

how
D
I
D

U

D
O

T
H
A
T
....SWERRY!!
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by iamodenigbo1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
Caviet emptor
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Blanc8(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Let me book space too
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
i hate that part wen they ask u to turn to your neighbor and say
omo see odur. lipsrsealed
it's even boring.
my neighbor get ear now undecided

15 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by benuejosh: 3:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
really. so you go to church to look at and observes what pastors do instead of listening to what God has for You. no wonder you are still on the same level for years now. please this is a new year, a year of CHANGE.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
benuejosh:
really. so you go to church to look at and observes what pastors do instead of listening to what God has for You. no wonder you are still on the same level for years now. please this is a new year, a year of CHANGE.
that's rude!! and how do you know he is on the same level for years undecided
with your words u just proved how serious u are in christainity and how the words of God works in u.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by benuejosh: 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
dorlapoh20:

with what your words u just proved how serious u are in christainity and how the words of God works in u.
cant comprehend.
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
dorlapoh20:

with what your words u just proved how serious u are in christainity and how the words of God works in u.
don't mind the guy dear, little did he know i'm better than him in faith

1 Like

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
benuejosh:
cant comprehend.
ask your pastor what bible says abt judging people!!!
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
starlingleanets:
don't mind the guy dear, little did he know i'm better than him in faith
i don't like people who think they know it all.
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by benuejosh: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
dorlapoh20:

ask your pastor what bible says abt judging people!!!
there is a difference between judging some one and telling some one the fact as it presents itself. me i dnt knw were you heading to sha.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
benuejosh:
there is a difference between judging some one and telling some one the fact as it presents itself. me i dnt knw were you heading to sha.
taken!!!
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by hazyfm1: 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
lol
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Vock(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
it's because most of them don't research well on the topic before mounting the pulpit, I was in church yesterday and couldn't even absorb anything from what the pastor said, just hammering on the same point times without number, without defining her terms

2 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by davdandam(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
sad if I talk now,them go talk say karikatalk don come again. .......how will a sensible fellow dress up on Sunday, wear shoe, carry bible. ....then go to church and count the number of hallelujah and amen the pastor says? and we are busy shouting change lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by blemon44(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
we don hear
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by mytime24(f): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Kk
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Lionize: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
starlingleanets:
Like play like play these things are becoming unbecoming and more like an outbreak among the pastors in Nigeria. Well as a young scientist i'm born into a world of observation and as an observer i pay attention to minute things. But much more as a Christain it seems good to put into light some bad habit exhibited by pastors of various churches in Nigeria. Below are some of them:
1. Shout Hallelujah: the Pastor will just climb the pulpit and as soon as he does he tells the church "Let somebody shout Hallelujah" and the church will shout Hallelujah though the church don't know why they are shouting hallelujah grin so to them it has become a routine. For a sermon of 15 minutes the pastor go don give hallelujah order like 30 times grin
1. Halleluya means "Praise the Lord", simples. So, it should be shouted anywhere, and everywhere, just keep praising God, no tiring.
2. Amen: Pastor sees the congregation is not interested in his formulated sermon so hm go say "Amen somebody" the church go reply Amen like he has just said a prayer.
2. Is it good for the members to sleep or be uninterested? Why did they go there in the first place, to sleep of listen to the word of God?Let him fire them up with that if it would work.
3. Praise the Lord: while there is nothing wrong in praising the Lord yet everything is wrong on how you call the Holy name of the Lord. The pastor may see a sister sleeping so to wake her up he says "praise the Lord" for the fun of it. You think God will be happy with you ba?
3. See no. 1 above. Let God be praise anytime, no dulling, it is not calling his name in vain. David said, may his tongue cling to the roof of his mouth if he ever ceases to praise God.
4. I can't hear You: He just said a prayer like this "Before the end of this month you are going to smile to the bank" and so the people respond with a loud Amen, though he heard them he will still say "i can't hear you". Una dey lie for pulpit ba?
4. His ears operate in the 'supersonic' realm then so your small shout was not enough to be heard the way he wanted it.
5. Wiping of Face: Still under Air condition pastor go still dey wipe face. Picking up and dropping the white handkerchief every minutes and that happens when he is on pulpit only.
5. So he shouldn't wipe his face again if he perspires? Please cut them some slack.
If you have some you can drop it Pastors must learn.
Nothing to add, don't criticize your spiritual leaders, pray for them and walk up to them and correct them in love when you feel the need to. Stop criticizing your spiritual leaders!
You know what? We criticize others when we have not taken their place. If you are a pastor tomorrow, you'll do those things you're complaining above more than 100 times your pastor. You'll sweat a river. Encourage them abeg.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by kriztovar(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
*booked
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by helphelp: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by ignis: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
funny
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
What about the new shoes they show, they'll start demonstrating...look at my legs, and Peter walked on water, he took the first step and nothing happened, and he walked and he walked again, and he started walking like this grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by kwencypresh(f): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
jump up n shout halleluyah
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by udy4real(m): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
Looking for my Pen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.