Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? (17250 Views)

Infinix Or Tecno Or Gionee Devices, Which Will You Go For? / Innjoo Or Tecno Or Infinix Phones/tablets, Which Do You Like Most? / Tecno Or Gionee - Which Would You Advise I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
*Just reading
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by adsonstone: 11:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
In my opinion.
Tecno should thrive (more).

Gionee is not very popular yet. Infact, I only see news about Gionee products here on Nairaland....I never knew such existed....and till date, I have never seen any Gionee product physically.

I see Tecno, Infinix and the likes though.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by tellwisdom: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Na only Ibadan Boiz and abokis go buy am angry
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Hallmark08(m): 12:03am On Dec 14, 2013
Big4wig: I think its techno & speaking phones Please pray for my friend BANK-OLE we're on our way to d hospital.. he swallowed a memory card and he has been singing all d songs on it . Dont knw wat will happen when it gets to the videos..

#BIGWIG. grin
laff wan kill me *
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 14, 2013
adaobi123: Say no to china phone. tongue

NO!! NO!!! NO!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry No to China Phones
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 14, 2013
adsonstone: In my opinion.
Tecno should thrive (more).

Gionee is not very popular yet. Infact, I only see news about Gionee products here on Nairaland....I never knew such existed....and till date, I have never seen any Gionee product physically.

I see Tecno, Infinix and the likes though.
I tink say na only me never see gionee for my Lyf, na even wen p2 come out 9in I con dey hear abt the gionee

let's face facts;
hw many Nigerians can afford the e7(snapdragon)?
if tecno produces a snapdragon, will u buy 4 the masses?
gionee is Sammy wannabe, and they won't last against the kinds of sammy, apple, Sony, HTC, lg, not to mention infinix n opposon
bt tecno understands dat Nigerians needs android nd not snapdragon so they will keep selling...........btw y is nobody mentioning SOLO?
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by smartg(m): 12:26am On Dec 14, 2013
Whether na Samsung or jackpot, abi na Nokia or mafia, whether LG or MD, abi na Sagem or Sack-them, whether SonyEricsson or solar-eclipse, abi na BlackBerry or bad-belle, if u like make e bi Gionee or gonorea. I don't care.
All I Want Is TECNO! TECNO!! TECNO!!!. All I Want Is TECNO!!!!.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by LaJuMe: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2013
smartg :
Whether na Samsung or jackpot, abi na Nokia or mafia, whether LG or MD, abi na Sagem or Sack-them, whether SonyEricsson or solar-eclipse, abi na BlackBerry or bad-belle, if u like make e bi Gionee or gonorea. I don't care.
All I Want Is TECNO! TECNO!! TECNO!!!. All I Want Is TECNO!!!!.
lol...mr man take e easy na..e neva rch dz level na
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:38am On Dec 14, 2013
The price is the koko...

Average Nigerian don't care about specs joor.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 14, 2013
which app can delete a read-only file on android
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by tonychristopher: 3:07am On Dec 14, 2013
BLACK MAN IS FUNNY...CONSUMING AND
CONSUMING...LOOK AT HOW THEY ARE CRAZY
FOR A PHONE PRODUCED BY A FELLOW
HUMAN.WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO
THE SCIENTIFIC EXPLOITS RATHER THAN
CONSUME .... YOU HAVE NIGERIAN PHONES
AND NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT EM. YOU
ARE BUNCH OF DISGRACE. THE BLACK MAN
WILL WANT GOOD PHONES,GOOD CLOTHES
AND PARTY ALL THE WAY WITH HIS
OBNOXIOUS ECONOMIES.
TRAVEL TO WESTERN COUNTRIES ...MOST
PEOPLE ARE NOT THAT CRAZY ABOUT THESE
STUFFS APART FROM CELEBS MAYBE
YOUTHS.ALL YOU NEED IS PHONE THAT CAN
SNAP PICTURE,VIDEO ,RADIO,MAKE BASIC
CALLS AND SMS AND INTERNET.
IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTENTMENT. HOW I WISH
THE BLACK MAN WILL RISE ABOVE THIS. TELL
ME ANY BLACK COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT
IS DEVELOPED AND NOT BEGGING FOR
FUNDS. INSTEAD OF THINKING HOW TO

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Reallandmark: 4:22am On Dec 14, 2013
If it is nt Nokia den all are Chinese.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 14, 2013
Tecno is ruling n it will continue to RULE........
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by holusormi(m): 4:52am On Dec 14, 2013
Rockyfancino: Gionee of course. see the shape, slickness, with the texture of their case....menn!..gionee for life. eh en... before I forget, gionee is 16 million colours, tecno is 256k colours, with ugly body shape that scratches easily with the screen too.
Besides, @Op check gionee e7, then you'll know gionee is not a China phone again. Gionee e7 is snapdragon 800, and it has two versions... the one of 32GB and 16GB with 3gb and 2gb ram respectively, running at 2.5ghz.
So gionee is just helping the masses with mediatek phones.

Note that gionee e7 is on the same level with Samsung Galaxy note III and is in for a very cheaper price compared to iPhone 5s, Htc's, Nokia lumia, or galaxy notes.
Bro, choose wisely before you pick GALAXY note III , you can still earn that same SWAGGER from gionee e7

Hehehehe,,ode ni bobo yii sha,,,comparing samsung galaxy note 3 to gionee abi na gioonee,,,bro,do u agree with me that poverty has rubbished and ridiculed ur thinking??....lmfaoooo

1 Like

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by holusormi(m): 4:52am On Dec 14, 2013
J
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by khaynoni(m): 5:10am On Dec 14, 2013
gionee all the way. For the critics, must you insult before making your point? well, I'm not surprise, my Yoruba people made me knew that ' agba o kan ogbon'
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by slye(m): 5:12am On Dec 14, 2013
miracle4: Chinese brands of android phones such as Itel, Tecno, Gionee and Infinix seems to have taken over Africa and other 3rd world countries. In Nigeria alone, it is either tecno or gionee when it comes to debate on which low-end android phone to go for.

I have witnessed countless number of dismal remarks by users of the African most populous forum (nairaland) on threads relating to reviews of one tecno smart phone or the other. This is unconnected with the frequency at which new model of tecno devices are launched with little or no difference in their specs.

So far, Tecno Phantom A1 from my point of view, has been their most successful device till date, everyone seems to be satisfied with the features it was saddled with, When we reviewed the tecno n7 device here comparing it with Gionee infinity and Infinix X450, it got the highest number of comments ‘cos users were eager to find out more about their favorite smartphones.

Today as 2013 draws closer to the finish, we decided to look into how this two Chinese mobile phone giants will fair in Nigeria come 2014. I will pick up three random phones from each in no particular order for a quick review, this is for some of us that hasn’t been following the trend lately.

Source.

OGA, gionee and infinix are Indian phones not China!
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 14, 2013
Mteeew I won't advice my enemy to buy such phones (techno and genior abi wetin be the name) Nokia Lumia 920 for life..go for Nokia
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Thebrightest(m): 6:12am On Dec 14, 2013
ok
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by GentleFrank(m): 6:22am On Dec 14, 2013
Tecno all the way !
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Emelcee: 6:34am On Dec 14, 2013
Stories For The Heart
A Very Touching Story....
A poor boy was in love with a rich man's daughter….One day the boy proposed to her and the girl said…”Hey! Listen, your monthly salary is my daily hand expenses..How can I be involved with you..?
How could you have thought of that? I can never love you, so forget about me and get engaged to someone else at your level” But somehow the boy could not forget her so easily…..Some time 10 years later they stumbled into each other in a shopping mall.
The lady again said….,”Hey.. ! You! How are you? Now I’m married and do you know how much my husband’s salary is..? $15,700 per month! Can you beat that?
And he is also very smart” The guy’s eyes got wet with tears on hearing those words from the same lady…
A few seconds later, her husband came around but before the lady could say a word her husband seeing the guy, said……“Sir you’re here and you’ve met my wife..”
Then he said to his wife,”This is my boss, I’m also one of those working on his $100 million project! And do you know a fact my dear? My boss loved a lady but he couldn’t win her heart….
That’s why he has remained unmarried since.
How lucky would that lady have been, if she had married this my boss now?
These days, who would love someone that much?"
He said all these to his wife.The lady looked in total shock but couldn’t utter a word….
————— ————— ————— ——-
Life is so short and it’s just like a mirror.
You can only see as much as it reflects. So don’t be too arrogant or proud by looking down on others because of their current situations.
Things get changed with time just like the weather..! Don’t under estimate anyone because everyone has a great future!
Where you have been rejected before, you will be celebrated soon in Jesus name... Goodmorning dear. @emelcee8

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Elcapo(m): 6:35am On Dec 14, 2013
emmaliveth10: I think GIONEE although am a tecno user!porting very soon till tecno comes with OTA

well am glad i made front page :-P :-P

Third to comment shaaa
Techno p5 get OTA....
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by coretechng1(m): 6:43am On Dec 14, 2013
miracle4: Chinese brands of android phones such as Itel, Tecno, Gionee and Infinix seems to have taken over Africa and other 3rd world countries. In Nigeria alone, it is either tecno or gionee when it comes to debate on which low-end android phone to go for.

I have witnessed countless number of dismal remarks by users of the African most populous forum (nairaland) on threads relating to reviews of one tecno smart phone or the other. This is unconnected with the frequency at which new model of tecno devices are launched with little or no difference in their specs.

So far, Tecno Phantom A1 from my point of view, has been their most successful device till date, everyone seems to be satisfied with the features it was saddled with, When we reviewed the tecno n7 device here comparing it with Gionee infinity and Infinix X450, it got the highest number of comments ‘cos users were eager to find out more about their favorite smartphones.

Today as 2013 draws closer to the finish, we decided to look into how this two Chinese mobile phone giants will fair in Nigeria come 2014. I will pick up three random phones from each in no particular order for a quick review, this is for some of us that hasn’t been following the trend lately.

Source.
Techno and Infinix are the same dude
Just do a check,for every Techno ,there is an Infinix version.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Rockyfancino(m): 6:44am On Dec 14, 2013
Mickyboiz: aw much is gionee e7 uk used and new??
u can't see UK used, its a new product about 70k to 80k
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by coretechng1(m): 6:45am On Dec 14, 2013
Buoyantic: Mteeew I won't advice my enemy to buy such phones (techno and genior abi wetin be the name) Nokia Lumia 920 for life..go for Nokia
Have u used android phones before
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by adadadon(m): 7:02am On Dec 14, 2013
lwkmd tecno rules
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Sike(m): 7:02am On Dec 14, 2013
I need to handle that Gionee first.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by BlackHuman(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Buoyantic: Mteeew I won't advice my enemy to buy such phones (techno and genior abi wetin be the name) Nokia Lumia 920 for life..go for Nokia
See dis one, who say make u go use all ya money buy lumia? U kon dey beef people wey dey use techno because dem don buy phone wey fit do everytin wey ur nokia dey do at a cheaper price.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Rockyfancino(m): 7:11am On Dec 14, 2013
holusormi:

Hehehehe,,ode ni bobo yii sha,,,comparing samsung galaxy note 3 to gionee abi na gioonee,,,bro,do u agree with me that poverty has rubbished and ridiculed ur thinking??....lmfaoooo
I think u left your senses at home before logging in on nairaland. Mr Ode, I compared gionee e7 to note 3, which is very right. Well for ur info, I Dont compare all this shit produced by tecno and and their entourage. I think you should compare their specs for yourself, besides gionee e7 is faster than note 3.

And gionee is not a company like tecno that doesn't even test their products before releasing to the market and at the end is full of errors, therefore, fixing each each errors in a three straight run release, That is why you see tecno A, A1, A1+, A2, A2+....all phones released within three months still correcting each errors consecutively.
I hope this enlightens you.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by ireneidiva(f): 7:12am On Dec 14, 2013
Neither! I don't do cheap things!
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by mrdrizzy(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Rockyfancino: Gionee of course. see the shape, slickness, with the texture of their case....menn!..gionee for life. eh en... before I forget, gionee is 16 million colours, tecno is 256k colours, with ugly body shape that scratches easily with the screen too.
Besides, @Op check gionee e7, then you'll know gionee is not a China phone again. Gionee e7 is snapdragon 800, and it has two versions... the one of 32GB and 16GB with 3gb and 2gb ram respectively, running at 2.5ghz.
So gionee is just helping the masses with mediatek phones.

Note that gionee e7 is on the same level with Samsung Galaxy note III and is in for a very cheaper price compared to iPhone 5s, Htc's, Nokia lumia, or galaxy notes.
Bro, choose wisely before you pick GALAXY note III , you can still earn that same SWAGGER from gionee e7
dude lets be honest ,if ppl where told to choose btw note 3 and e7 90% will still go for note 3,the s-pen features,splititting screen and the ui,..anyway sha gionee are really trying bt cost wise its still abit cost!(ie the e7) closedly up to 90k!.. Gionee myt nt make ways in nigeria like we all are thinking with d likes of thl,ivo zen and other brands trooping in,2014 will be a competition and nt a 1 way streak.and besides oppo launched in europe!! And dey promise to be in other region next year,possibly africa added.#who knws
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by aggiel: 7:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Rastamann:

Anything China is Fake. Make una beta look for beta fone!
$
And which one have u produced?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State / Make Free Internet Calls To Any Country + Within Nigeria / Check Out The Reason For Clearing Cache As Well As Data On Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.