Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) (2925 Views)

Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Nelson Mandela Has TB Joshua's Portrait In His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
"Who are you to judge what happens when another person dies"?

The above question keeps ringing in my head with alarming anger when I see christians, especially African christians who condemn this great man to hell. It is not as if these christians have endured what this man has endured for the freedom of his country. Can they walk in his shoes?

The one that pains me is when they claim that if you dont believe in Jesus Christ, you will go to hell when you die. FUNNY ENOUGH, MANDELA DIED A CHRISTIAN. Yet, these ignorant people claim that he was a buddhist or pagan and so, he is in hell

RYANAYO: Nelson-Mandela-e1317048103116

The blog Creation Science Study is clearly not joining the mass adulation over the late Nelson Mandela who passed on yesterday at 95. Below is their letter – with their captioned photos – to Christians across the world:

Greetings True Christians!
Today Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa, ended his worldly life and entered the depths of Hell. Mandela was an unsaved heathen, and died without knowing the Lord. Not only did Mandela influence American Demoncrat Barack Hussein Obama, but he also practiced a heathen African tribal religion. Unfortunately, while Mandela did some great things for the nation of South Africa by ending apartheid, Heaven is like an exclusive club, unsaved unwelcome. Mandela died unsaved, and is therefore not welcome in Heaven.

Nelson Mandela was also influenced by Darwinism and Communism! Mandela was an avid reader of Marx in the 1950s, and everybody knows that God hates Communists! Mandela allied himself with Communists and heathen Indian Gandhi, who is also in Hell. Instead of seeking a Christian approach to freedom from apartheid, Mandela instead turned entirely to heathens. In fact, Mandela and Gandhi even are rumored to have engaged in rampant homosexual acts with each other while planning protests!

Jim Solouki and Martin Baker
Read More http://cast101ay..it/2013/12/mandela-is-in-hell-fire-well-thats-what.html

One thing that really annoys me is the fact that many christians still believe that if you dnt believe in Jesus, you will burn in hell IRRESPECTIVE OF HOW GOOD YOU ARE TO YOUR FELLOW MAN.

Danhumprey: Well,what do you expect? If we go by what the Bible say,then you have the answer. According to the Bible,our good work can't save us,no matter who we are. Even if we are praised all over the world for our acts of charity and good work,and yet,we don't know and have Christ as our Lord and Saviour,there is no way we can make Heaven. Talking about granting waiver,God isn't a partial God. He is an impartial God. If he should show favour to a particular person because of that person's good work,then it's expected that he would show the same favour to thousands of other people with good work and charity. And if that should happen,it would over-ride the Biblical teaching and doctrine of Jesus Christ being the only way to Heaven. God is a righteous God and all his standard and judgements reflect his righteousness. He can't bend his standard to favor a particular person.

DO THESE AFRICAN CHRISTIANS EVEN CONSIDER THAT 90% OF THEIR ANCESTORS DID NOT BELIEVE IN CHRISTIANITY UNTIL THE EUROPEANS CAME IN THE 15TH CENTURY? ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH ACCEPTING THAT YOUR ANCESTORS ARE BURNING IN HELL?

3 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by raptureready: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:
The above question keeps ringing in my head with alarming anger when I see christians, especially African christians who condemn this great man to hell. It is not as if these christians have endured what this man has endured for the freedom of his country. Can they walk in his shoes?

Bros, chill...

If you pay attention to the story, you will see that it was written by two men...

The opinions of some two guys do not reflect the thoughts of all christians.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by achi4u(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
I can't believe that an ordinary human species can condemn his fellow man just because he feels that Mandela or anybody else did not believe in jesus.
Whether he perform his duty well or not?
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Joshthefirst(m): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
No one is good. We're all guilty.

Take your butthurt elsewhere. If you keep acting like this you might get ulcers.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Lawconfessor(f): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
Christian dis, christian dat, what d heck?

@op, i understand ur stand n truely it is uncalled for to condemn som1 to hell based on mere speculation- u ain't God.
No one can state affirmatively his intimacy wit Christ b4 his demise.
Church office isn't christianity at all- dt's why Christ said do not judge so dat thou shall not be judged & not every1 dat call Father! Father shall see Father.

Virtue counts more dan mere claims of christianity- it's inshamble witout good work even.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
rapture_ready:

Bros, chill...

If you pay attention to the story, you will see that it was written by two men...

The opinions of some two guys do not reflect the thoughts of all christians.

But the story has been repeated with some agreeing with it!!!

And of course...it doesnt apply to all christians
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
Law-confessor:
Christian dis, christian dat, what d heck?

@op, i understand ur stand n truely it is uncalled for to condemn som1 to hell based on mere speculation- u ain't God.
No one can state affirmatively his intimacy wit Christ b4 his demise.
Church office isn't christianity at all- dt's why Christ said do not judge so dat thou shall not be judged & not every1 dat call Father! Father shall see Father.

Virtue counts more dan mere claims of christianity- it's inshamble witout good work even.

Thank you......too much sense!

Bless
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: No one is good. We're all guilty.

Take your butthurt elsewhere. If you keep acting like this you might get ulcers.

Address the topic
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Joshthefirst(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
I do not know if he was a christian(saved from sin), and I do not know if he's in heaven or hell. I believe that is not our business. God is the judge, and he has stated his standards; the wages of sin is death, but faith in christ Jesus gives you a substitute saviour and salvation.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: I do not know if he was a christian(saved from sin), and I do not know if he's in heaven or hell. I believe that is not our business. God is the judge, and he has stated his standards; the wages of sin is death, but faith in christ Jesus gives you a substitute saviour and salvation.

Thats better
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by raptureready: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

But the story has been repeated with some agreeing with it!!!

Emphasis on some. Na dem sabi whether dem dey read bible upside down.

And of course...it doesnt apply to all christians

Exactly. Most christians know the right to pass judgement on a man after death belongs exclusively to God.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
Religion especially Christianity is nothing but a farce!!!......
and Christianity is a mental illness as hypothesized by someone on one thread today .

I stopped going to church when i observed the relish with which our pastors consign 'sinners' souls to eternal fire! such sadism !!

1 Like

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Lawconfessor(f): 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Thank you......too much sense!

Bless

Would appreciate it most if u say GOD BLESS ME.
grin U can give it a try o grin
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Law-confessor:

Would appreciate it most if u say GOD BLESS ME.
grin U can give it a try o grin

Zeus bless you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Afrobasic(m): 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
Don't be suprised when peeps like highyo, Oladegbu and others start posting 'visions' of people from hell who saw mandela there.

My bet is this: within the next year, we would see such a topic.

1 Like

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afrobasic: Don't be suprised when peeps like highyo, Oladegbu and others start posting 'visions' of people from hell who saw mandela there.

My bet is this: within the next year, we would see such a topic.

grin grin grin grin

dont kill me with laughter!! grin grin
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by UyiIredia(m): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
*sees Elantracey, dives for cover*
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
Unfortunately, I really don't care.

If being fair and nice to the men I see, would send me to a hell I have never seen, because of my lack of belief in a Jesus I have never seen, then so be it.

Hell was built to be occupied. No one, not even Christians are sure of their place in heaven. Everyday, they struggle and fret, hoping the rapture/death doesn't catch them off-guard. Making heaven is by God's grace not their works, so they hustle everyday to achieve a standard that seems impossible to attain and even more difficult to maintain.

Jesus the Christ commended the Good Samaritan for his kind gestures to the wounded man in that parable. If this same Jesus can look at Hitler, Michael Jackson, Mandela, Idi Amin, Abacha and Fela and condemn to hell, then give keys to heavenly mansions to the likes of Oyedepo, Adeboye, Ortisejafor...........

2 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
aManFromMars: Unfortunately, I really don't care.

If being fair and nice to the men I see, would send me to a hell I have never seen, because of my lack of belief in a Jesus I have never seen, then so be it.

Hell was built to be occupied. No one, not even Christians are sure of their place in heaven. Everyday, they struggle and fret, hoping the rapture/death doesn't catch them off-guard. Making heaven is by God's grace not their works, so they hustle everyday to achieve a standard that seems impossible to attain and even more difficult to maintain.

Jesus the Christ commended the Good Samaritan for his kind gestures to the wounded man in that parable. If this same Jesus can look at Hitler, Michael Jackson, Mandela, Idi Amin, Abacha and Fela and condemn to hell, then give keys to heavenly mansions to the likes of Oyedepo, Adeboye, Ortisejafor...........

@ bold...it is that fear that leads them to desperation and hypocrisy....trying to attain a morals standard that is unattainable and ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Lawconfessor(f): 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Zeus bless you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

She dodge am DOUBLE TIME lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by UyiIredia(m): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2013
aManFromMars: Unfortunately, I really don't care.

Not a good comparison. BTW Hitler, Mandela and MJ were Christians as far as I know. The likes of Oyedepo, Adeboye and Oritsejafor would have been better compared to Mohandas Gandhi, Jawarhalal Nehru, Tai Solarin, Mother Theresa (Catholic tho' some Christians think Catholics risk hell and I suspect the MOG's u mentioned think so), Alfred Nobel (founder of the Nobel prize), Richard Branson, Daniel Radcliffe (acted as Harry Potter), Wole Soyinka etc. It's funny good as these guys are as Oyedepo and co. if not better, they are thought to be in hell or hell-bound.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Not a good comparison. BTW Hitler, Mandela and MJ were Christians as far as I know. The likes of Oyedepo, Adeboye and Oritsejafor would have been better compared to Mohandas Gandhi, Jawarhalal Nehru, Tai Solarin, Mother Theresa (Catholic tho' some Christians think Catholics risk hell and I suspect the MOG's u mentioned think so), Alfred Nobel (founder of the Nobel prize), Richard Branson, Daniel Radcliffe (acted as Harry Potter), Wole Soyinka etc. It's funny good as these guys are as Oyedepo and co. if not better, they are thought to be in hell or hell-bound.

Oh boy......

E b lyk u miss road.

2 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Creatrixity(m): 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
I can not believe you guys are not seeing the game being played by these WHITE RACIST DEVILS.
The aim of that shi.t.ty piece of pig scrawn was to discredit any good done by Nelson Mandela and confine him to their 'dreamchild of a rotten,fetid imagination'.
My pity is reserved for fo.olish africans that will gladly regurgitate that piece of swinish swill.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia: *sees Elantracey, dives for cover*
dont tell me u've been lookin 4 me
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by MyJoe: 7:51am On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03: "Who are you to judge what happens when another person dies"?
The one that pains me is when they claim that if you dont believe in Jesus Christ, you will go to hell when you die. FUNNY ENOUGH, MANDELA DIED A CHRISTIAN. Yet, these ignorant people claim that he was a buddhist or pagan and so, he is in hell
Not sure about bolded.

The way I recall it, his response to the question "Do you believe in God?" was silence. He said it was a personal matter. Although he was baptised a Methodist as a kid and some referred to him as a Jehovah's Witness (because his first wife, sister and some other relatives were), he himself never actually claimed any and never did religion in his adult life. But he did speak a bit of Christianese and sang hymns whenever invited to church functions.
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by vanhelsing2099(m): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by nnofaith: 8:30am On Dec 08, 2013
Mandela couldnt have been a xtian cos he was an intelligent man. Why would any intelligent person believe in a god that stood bye and did nothing durring south africa's moment of need. Mandela had 27 years in preason to reflect on "god"

2 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 08, 2013
nnofaith: Mandela couldnt have been a xtian cos he was an intelligent man. Why would any intelligent person believe in a god that stood bye and did nothing durring south africa's moment of need. Mandela had 27 years in preason to reflect on "god"

We cant say for sure.....................
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by nnofaith: 9:14am On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

We cant say for sure.....................
LB
There are many atheist out there who will never come out for reasons personal to them, Obama is another suspect!

2 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2013
nnofaith: LB
There are many atheist out there who will never come out for reasons personal to them, Obama is another suspect!

of course.........sad isnt it?

The closet things one has to do to survive in politics among religious people
Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by Creatrixity(m): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2013
I do not believe that it is possible for a man to stay in jail for 27 solid years and come out grinning from ear to ear and venerating the god of his tormentors.

He probably adopted some kind of personal spirituality.

2 Likes

Re: ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) by nnofaith: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2013
Creatrixity: I do not believe that it is possible for a man to stay in jail for 27 solid years and come out grinning from ear to ear and venerating the god of his tormentors.

He probably adopted some kind of personal spirituality.
True!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Raised From The Dead After 12 Days - Testimony / See What A Pastor Is Doing While Preaching (photo) / Speaking In Tongues: The Naija Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.