Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? (643 Views)

Free Contact Form: How To Use Kontactr Form For Blogger Blogs. / How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website / Link Access Database To Form(how?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by nobswesbter: 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hi guys,

I need your help. This thing is totally frustrating me. I'm going crack any moment from now. It's like trying to have intimacy with one-legged woman.

I created an html form for my site. I want to be able to redirect my users to another url when the form is completed and also receive the datas in my my email. i don't know how to achieve this without php. i have tried and tried but nothing is working.

I have been able to use <form method="post" action="http://meetingwomenanddating.com" to redirect the form after completion but how can i receive the datas users submitted also.

I will appreciate a step by step guide.

Thanks... I'm waiting by the system.
Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by nobswesbter: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
Common guys!!!

Anyone!!
Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by onyengbu: 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
nobswesbter: Hi guys,

I need your help. This thing is totally frustrating me. I'm going crack any moment from now. It's like trying to have intimacy with one-legged woman.

I created an html form for my site. I want to be able to redirect my users to another url when the form is completed and also receive the datas in my my email. i don't know how to achieve this without php. i have tried and tried but nothing is working.

I have been able to use <form method="post" action="http://meetingwomenanddating.com" to redirect the form after completion but how can i receive the datas users submitted also.

you need php to get your data...
Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by omoelu1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
just as you have said;; its like wanting to be intimate with a one-legged woman. I don't know of another way. If you don't want to use php, then "use ASP".
Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by Afam4eva(m): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
nobswesbter: Hi guys,

You should have a seperate page(ideal) where you would type the code that will process your form. And the name of the page should be inside the action="" instead of the website homepage.
Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by aikfrank(m): 5:31am On Dec 09, 2013
Simply put. You don't know php, not you don't want to use php. Its better to ask for help than pretending my brother.

I can help you with d php script, no cost

Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by ConquerAll(m): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
@op, if I get you correctly, you need:
1. To put form on your website
2. Send the data that is entered into the form to your email when submitted
3. Redirect user to another page after submission.

To achieve the above, you don't need to give yourself headache.
All you need is an online form generator (search google - there are free and paid ones)
Create whatever form you need over there
Copy the generated HTML code and paste on your website and save
And hurray, you're good to go

I hope my post makes sense to you
Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by nobswesbter: 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
ConquerAll: @op, if I get you correctly, you need:
1. To put form on your website
2. Send the data that is entered into the form to your email when submitted
3. Redirect user to another page after submission.

To achieve the above, you don't need to give yourself headache.
All you need is an online form generator (search google - there are free and paid ones)
Create whatever form you need over there
Copy the generated HTML code and paste on your website and save
And hurray, you're good to go

I hope my post makes sense to you

Thanks my man. This option seem simple enough, I will check it out.
Re: Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? by darehamed: 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Are you familiar with php? you can proces your form and send the data to your email address from a php function. Here is a very raw example

$to = 'your email address';
$formdata = stripslashes($_POST['formdata']);
$message = $formdata;
$subject = 'Your email subject';

if( mail($to, $subject, $message))
{
header("Location: the url you want to send users to"wink;
}
else
{
echo "Error sending your details!";
exit;
}

(1) (Reply)

....... / Learn Msql,html,java And Get Computer Science Certificate By W3school / Urgently Need Some To Validate My Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.