Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies (9576 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision / Stock Market Investment for Nigerian Youths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by rollingpoint027(m): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Please does anyone av an idea of how much AIICO Insurance PLC share is at dis moment,i av 7k units and dont know if its still worth anytin cos i lost track completely after d 2008 recession......sumone pls help urgently.
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by Joysmart(f): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
it's 81k now. Since you have 7000 units calculate 0.81 multiplied by 7000
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by rollingpoint027(m): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
@Joysmart......0.81 multiplied by 7k is 5670,hw did u cum abt 81k.....sorry i dont know much abt dis stuff so i really nid a breakdown on hw it works....expectin ur reply soon.
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by Joysmart(f): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2014
81k means 81 kobo which is 0.81 naira that is the price per share of AIICO it's not worth much
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2014
Complete novice here. Can someone plz shed more lyt on some terminologies here. I am a stdnt n ll lyk 2 invest now. A long term investment. Wit may b 20k. That is including the brokers fee
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by tchiwinnie: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
Happy new month to every1. Pls I want to find out ow I cld assess my cscs account.I opened it abt 5yrs ago or so. I can't rmbr my username, I haven't used it in a veery long while. Is there any way I cld still assess it, any place I cld go. Thanks, awaiting a response
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by santuse: 12:57am On Jul 05, 2014
FINMGR:

Apart from the dividend and bonus, you earn the year- to - date return of the All share Index which was 47.19%
Pls can you throw more light on the Nse 30
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by willwin: 4:51am On Jul 08, 2014
droydakkount: Pls stock Pros in d house, recommend books a beginner can read to be able to play in this market.
Thanks.

Seconded
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by troy20(m): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
pls hoping to join meritrade brockrage.do i have to access their office or do everything on their online platform.and if not possible, where are their addresses? Thanks
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by Joysmart(f): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
troy20: pls hoping to join meritrade brockrage.do i have to access their office or do everything on their online platform.and if not possible, where are their addresses? Thanks
you can do everything online just scan the necessary documents and send and then pay 50k or more into their account and you're game
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by Joysmart(f): 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
GrAnDwEeZ: Complete novice here. Can someone plz shed more lyt on some terminologies here. I am a stdnt n ll lyk 2 invest now. A long term investment. Wit may b 20k. That is including the brokers fee
yeah with 20k you can open account with Morgan capital the good thing is you'll have the opportunity to trade real time meaning you can buy and sell shares yourself directly on the exchange and their brokerage fee is a paltry 0.25%. log on to www Morgancapitalgroup.com for more information
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by troy20(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
Joysmart: you can do everything online just scan the necessary documents and send and then pay 50k or more into their account and you're game
pls what are the documents needed to upload.
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by Joysmart(f): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
troy20:
pls what are the documents needed to upload.
first print their account opening form from their website fill and then scan and submit along with utility bill, passport photograph, means of identity (any one of international passport national id card or drivers licence). Visit www.meritrade.com for more
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by princeuk21(m): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Joysmart: yeah with 20k you can open account with Morgan capital the good thing is you'll have the opportunity to trade real time meaning you can buy and sell shares yourself directly on the exchange and their brokerage fee is a paltry 0.25%. log on to www Morgancapitalgroup.com for more information
So good to know that i can start with 20k but pls where is their office in port-harcourt? thanks
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by Joysmart(f): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
princeuk21: So good to know that i can start with 20k but pls where is their office in port-harcourt? thanks
you don't need to go to their office you can do everything online from anywhere in the world just scan the necessary documents and send to them they'll open account and send you your cscs account number and log in details and you're good to go.
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by tochilastborn(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hello pals...please how do i invest 10k..as in stocks or shares or thereabout.not in biz cos i lack marketing capacity
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by gbim: 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
i like to Open a trading acc wt meristerm registrars, wat is their Commission on buying nd selling of Shares
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by davide470(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
gbim:
i like to Open a trading acc wt meristerm registrars, wat is their Commission on buying nd selling of Shares
Its the Securities arm that do buying and selling of shares.. Brokerage is c1.35% .. www.meritrade.com would answer most of your questions.
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by zobel(m): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
How did this thread vanish na. Abeg there are still newbies and amateurs in the stock market biz that need guidance o. Thanks and come back!
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by civilserva: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2020
zobel:
How did this thread vanish na. Abeg there are still newbies and amateurs in the stock market biz that need guidance o. Thanks and come back!

This is true. Let us resuscitate this thread for the benefit of newbies. Experience individuals in stock investment are welcomed to render community/social service
Re: Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies by civilserva: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
For investors discouraged about the dwingling TB/Money Market and bond rates, you can alternatively consider stock investment. The ROI stocks is higher now than Money market provided you do your homework. We are going to consider stock market investment tips to avoid getting your fingers burnt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Insurance Companies Get Recapitalisation Deadline / Nigeria Records $15bn Investments In Six Months / Bitcoin Trading.. Start Trading Now.(make Millions In Few Months)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.