Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low (1032 Views)

Hey Tecno, No Need To Talk About The Boom J8. We’re Already Buying / Blackberry Says BBM For Ios And Android Will Not Launch On June 27th / Blackberry Says Nigeria Iis Second Fastest Growing Mobile Market In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by falansa: 6:27am On Dec 08, 2013
BlackBerry's CEO has claimed that "reports of our death are greatly exaggerated", as the mobile firm looks to reassure enterprise customers amid sliding device sales.
John Chen was named as interim CEO last month, after BlackBerry opted not to sell out to Fairfax Investment in favour of investing to rebuild the struggling firm.
In an open letter to enterprise customers, Chen stated that BlackBerry is "here to stay", adding "the investments you've made in BlackBerry infrastructure and solutions are secure".
"In short, reports of our death are greatly exaggerated," he said, in a section of the letter titled "We are very much alive, thank you".
Mobile sales stats
The Kantar Worldpanel stats revealed that Android handsets were continuing to post growth at the expense of iOS. In the UK, Android climbed from 54% to 55.6% of the market, while iOS slid by four points to 28.7% over the past year.
The release of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c helped boost Apple's sales from the previous month, with the more expensive model outselling its cheaper cousin three times over.
Windows Phone, meanwhile, continued to post growth, nabbing 10.2% of European smartphone sales.
However, the latest sales stats from Kantar World-panel suggest BlackBerry devices are all but dead in some markets. Across the five largest EU countries, BlackBerry sales slid to 1.8% of the market in October from 5.1% last year, slipping below 1% in Japan, the US, Germany, Nigeria and Spain.
Of the countries tracked by Kantar, BlackBerry has its highest market penetration in the UK, but even here it's fallen to 3.3% from 8.1% in October 2012.
BlackBerry "not for everyone"
The CEO acknowledged that device sales were stalling, but hedged his bets by stressing that BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) can be used to manage rival handsets, such as those running iOS or Android.
"We know that BlackBerry devices are not for everyone," he said. "That's okay." He continued: "We are more than just a device company."
He also hinted at the route BlackBerry intends to take to rebuild. "We're going back to our heritage and roots - delivering enterprise-grade, end-to-end mobile solutions," the letter reads.
Chen said BlackBerry will focus on handsets, enterprise-management mobility solutions, cross-platform messaging and embedded systems, as well as security-related R&grin.

Source: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterprise/385768/blackberry-says-we-re-still-alive-as-sales-hit-new-low#ixzz2mrCrMNcy

Is Blackberry still alive in Nigeria? Share your views guys
Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by ehis010(m): 6:57am On Dec 08, 2013
we know say blackberry don die finish na, android is d in thing nw. people jst buy fairly used bb 4 browsing support as our networks dey f*ck up in terms of android browsing..... bt truly if you use android phone.... even tecno, u go hate bb....
9ce 1 Etisalat 4 restoring bis on android,,, MERRY CHRISTMAS...

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by ehis010(m): 7:00am On Dec 08, 2013
blackberry no try sef oh, they made bbm available for Android and what did they get in return......... TEMPLE RUN.
Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by nnemekaemmanuel: 7:14am On Dec 08, 2013
ehis010: blackberry no try sef oh, they made bbm available for Android and what did they get in return......... TEMPLE RUN.
grin
Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by fiizznation: 7:22am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 08, 2013
They just cant stop "breaking" records!
Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by cjudy(m): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2013
fiizznation: m.u.m.u r u the one that killed bb ? All dis adroid users una too dull. I hav both an adroid phone ( sony xperia ) and a bb phone. But anytime any day, I ll choose my bb over the adroid phone.
na lie u no get android phone. I disagree with u. u are just a bb user. if u have an android phone, u for don throwey d bb na. who u wan cheat. my guy go get urself android phone and stop deceiving urself. android rules
Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by daverebranded(m): 12:11am On Dec 09, 2013
fiizznation: m.u.m.u r u the one that killed bb ? All dis adroid users una too dull. I hav both an adroid phone ( sony xperia ) and a bb phone. But anytime any day, I ll choose my bb over the adroid phone.
ta m guy d lie..u no get android any tin...
Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by koboko69: 12:52am On Dec 09, 2013
All the babes I see with iPhones and androids still cling tightly to their BB. Personally I still have my BB too. This is simply cos of the high cost of data on iOS and android. My android is more like a game console when I'm home. Use mostly over WiFi @ work

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Says – We’re Still Alive As Sales Hit New Low by daverebranded(m): 1:15am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=koboko69]All the babes I see with iPhones and androids still cling tightly to their BB. Personally I still have my BB too. This is simply cos of the high cost of data on iOS and android. My android is more like a game console when I'm home. Use mostly over WiFi @ work[etisalat and Airtel bus on point....using it so what u saying??av had a BB curve 4 and I wount even in my dreams compare any bb below bb10 with any jb powered droid or ios/quote]

(1) (Reply)

/ Make Ur Etisalat BB Plan Work On Non BB Device / Unlock Code For Samsung Galaxy S4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.