Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Is Victor Moses Overrated? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Victor Moses Overrated? (10822 Views)

Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? / Is Victor Moses Better Than Ikechukwu Uche ? / Where Is Victor Agali? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
ichidodo: Not overrated but haven't reach full potentials yet, what he needs is more game time
He has been given enough game time. I can't see him displacing any of Liverpool 1st eleven for now. He'll have to wait for another opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by iamjean(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
His a bit overrated, and his performance lately isnt helping his case, i was dumbfounded to see he made the galaxy11 team (i was like wth? Whats the criteria...fyi,bussiness not football)
i also believe that mikel obi is so over rated esp. in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by delors(m): 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
I think he is just a fortunate guy...I don't particularly like his play style...too sluggish and sometimes out of ideas...thats why young lads like Ibrahim sterling, Allen and co could bench him at Liverpool...i have tweeted about it on several occasions that dude always seem short of ideas when on the ball, no pace, and way too sluggish for top flight English football. if care is not taken, he might find his way back to Wigan or worse. I just invited him now to check this nairaland discussion about him on twitter...Pretty sure he'll get the message loud and clear and step up his game. We want him to excel and keep ding us proud...Suarez is not a demon, he is a human like every other player...Moses could be like him or even better (In my dreams grin)

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by eedreez505: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
@OP, DID YOU JUST CALL HENDERSON AND STERLING AVERAGE PLAYERS? THAT MUST BE JOKE OF THE YEAR. IN RECENT GAMES, STERLING LOOKS DEADLY WHEN HE HAS POSSESSION(JUST ASK TOTTENHAM LEFT-BACK). AND MIND YOU, LUIS SUAREZ HAS BEEN TAKING PLAUDITS FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS, BUT JORDAN HENDERSON IS THE MOST IMPROVED LIVERPOOL PLAYER IN THAT SQUAD (THINK ONLY AARON RAMSEY IS BETTER THAN HIM FOR NOW).

2 Likes

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by shadrach77: 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
moses is lazy angry angry angry angry
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
eedreez505: @OP, DID YOU JUST CALL HENDERSON AND STERLING AVERAGE PLAYERS? THAT MUST BE JOKE OF THE YEAR. IN RECENT GAMES, STERLING LOOKS DEADLY WHEN HE HAS POSSESSION(JUST ASK TOTTENHAM LEFT-BACK). AND MIND YOU, LUIS SUAREZ HAS BEEN TAKING PLAUDITS FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS, BUT JORDAN HENDERSON IS THE MOST IMPROVED LIVERPOOL PLAYER IN THAT SQUAD (THINK ONLY AARON RAMSEY IS BETTER THAN HIM FOR NOW).
Raheem Sterling - 3 goals and 1 assist in his last 4 games. Jordan Henderson - 3 assists and 1 goal in his last 4 games. Who would bench any of these players for Moses on current form
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by kosoko00: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
R4SH33D: he is shit now ,he is very lazy .
grin that's d effect of 2 much fcking n less football
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by tosan200(m): 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Moses like every other Nigeria player with the Nigeria player virus . All our players reach their peak when they are relatively unknown ,after that they drop. They don't want to improve on their game;a very good example of that is Mikel obi. As a player you need to yearn for improvements at every opportunity, the likes of Messi and Ronaldo still improve on themselves ,if one of them should slack the other overtakes him, but in Nigeria players it's the opposite even our best players are playing for unknown clubs.
I can't blame him , no player from Nigeria ever had a geometry progression ,they just fizzle out when you expect them to be at their peak.

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Rummenigge(m): 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Moses is overrated. I'm a Chelsea fan, I never wanted us to sign him. He's a mid-table team player at best, on the field of play he could be very languid at times. He has a guranteed place in the eagles squad because our wingers are average players. Musa is trying but also has a long way to go.I prefer Obasi & Odemwingie over any of our wingers. Obasi just got back 4rm a long-term injury, I hope he gets back to his best.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
I have tried to observe him. He is a player that just dribble once, And when the fans likes it and hails him. He will be satisfied with that. He will not add anyother impact in the game till the end of the match. I don't know why the commentators cover for him when he plays unimpresive football.

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Oludrex(m): 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
bizibrain:
I can neva 4get 1 of his awful cross @ chelsea, haba, so disgustin

He made 1 assist 4 toress wit his head but he nod d ball wit his face and forehead somehw, so unproffesional.

I notice he performs brilliantly 4 an avearge and below avearge teams(for example super eagle nd wigan athletic) but he contibute virtually nothing 2 big teams(chelsea, liverpool).

If he countinues like dis, he may end up in relegation team.

Point of correction ..We Super eagles are not average or below average.. We r nothin but african champion
Plus what's unprofessional abt noddin wit ur. forehead and face??

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by UKBobo(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Good at dribbling, end product is weaker than expected of a top-flight player.

Passing in last third and shooting needs big improvement - hence warming bench.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by chizzyglow: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
He is too slow and lazy
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by chizzyglow: 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sterling has dat urge in him
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by nijanigga: 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndidibabe: He should go to Arsenal. There are worse player than him in there.
Too bad Wenger never even smell bringing to the emirates since his days with Wigan.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by judedwriter(m): 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
His recent success 4 9ja has gotten into his head, by the time he is sold by chelsea to fulham, he will come back to his senses.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Flygeriansteve: 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
I'm a liverpool fan but it saddens me the way Moses plays. We had our dip in form when Coutinho was injured and he had to play. His pace whenever we're counter-attacking is surprisingly low, and he's fond of passing into impossible areas. No will to press forward, he just plays it back to the left back or the DMF. Even when he dribbles, it's not clean--the sort of dribbles where he forces wide that he himself has to recover. And the one that gets me is his hygiene...always hacking up phlegm and spitting all over the pitch!

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by justhelp(m): 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
God punish you and your brain for saying arsenal players are worst
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
what of sturridge na?
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
hey gal, so he shld like pack his bags and walk into arsenal, collect jersey and run into the pitch and be the 12th player as u thinking now.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Shezzman: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kinda lazy player *thats my opinion of him*
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by DMainMan: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2013

Y do u hate Arsenal babe
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by goingsolo: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Me and him don talk so I just tell him wetin una dey comment he Come promise me say him go improve b4 d world cup,so I believe him though I am not a mugu,I have eyes cool cool shocked cool shocked shocked
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by kokoA(m): 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
He reminds me of Pius Ikedia (though a slower version). He runs like a headless fowl only to get pushed off the ball or pass like a leaner.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by kolokolobi(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is a first on nl. No tribal sentiments or bigotory. The facts are bare. Victor Moses is a player with potentials but needs to up his work rate on the pitch and show hunger to act as cover for his team mates ....be hungry to win the ball back when he does loose the ball. Even fragile mata and stylish hazard have improved on that aspect of their game.

1 Like

Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by PassingShot(m): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
I hear he's looking to one of the Gulf states, especially Qatar, as his next destination.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by rash47(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
His an old fashion footballer.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by naijanoni(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Well whether he has been poor at club level,the fact remains that he is always superb and works harder and plays with passion whenever he is playing for nigeria.
I dislike his play at club level,but i love him in the S.E.
Those rating obasi over moses are judging moses 4rm his liverpool stint.
In the S.E moses has done more in less two years than obasi ever did in for nigeria.
Since moses made his debut for nigeria,he has only had just two bad games.
Some players play poorly at club but are always superb in d national team.
Example is gervinho.Gervinho at arsenal last season was more useless than moses currently is at liverpool now,but in the ivory-coast team he never stopped performing,even better than yaya toure.
In the chelsea jersey currently,micheal essien seems like a finished player,but in the ghanaian national team,he plays like he never had any injury,he plays like d essien of old.
Moses is one player that even if he warms d bench for his club would be one of d 1st names on d list to brazil.
Personally i rate him over mikel in the National team.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Jiggaman101: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Emenike is the most overated player in nigeria's history.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by naijanoni(m): 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Talking about the challenges he is facing at #LFC now.I think this is just one final test for him on if he can survive at d top.If he passes,he remains at d top,if he fails he would find himself in a relegation battling team.If that happens it would be very bad.Instead of moving forward,he'll be moving back-wards.
He needs a miracle to save him now at liverpool.So many players ahead of him even when sturridge and gerrard are injured.
I think Rodgers would give him one last chance to prove himself(Probably in d FA cup next month).
If he takes it and perform well(score goals/provide assists),then he'll merit a place in Liverpool's XI.
Becos presently with his attitude and d way he has been playing,i think he doesnt even deserve to be on d bench.
Re: Is Victor Moses Overrated? by Jiggaman101: 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
naija noni: Well whether he has been poor at club level,the fact remains that he is always superb and works harder and plays with passion whenever he is playing for nigeria.
I dislike his play at club level,but i love him in the S.E.
Those rating obasi over moses are judging moses 4rm his liverpool stint.
In the S.E moses has done more in less two years than obasi ever did in for nigeria.
Since moses made his debut for nigeria,he has only had just two bad games.
Some players play poorly at club but are always superb in d national team.
Example is gervinho.Gervinho at arsenal last season was more useless than moses currently is at liverpool now,but in the ivory-coast team he never stopped performing,even better than yaya toure.
In the chelsea jersey currently,micheal essien seems like a finished player,but in the ghanaian national team,he plays like he never had any injury,he plays like d essien of old.
Moses is one player that even if he warms d bench for his club would be one of d 1st names on d list to brazil.
Personally i rate him over mikel in the National team.

Same here I like victor Moses, if he passes can be the best player on the super eagles team. Right now mikel is still the best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Defeats Host (Niger) 2 - 0 || 2015 African U-17 CAF Tourney / Oshoala Scores 3rd Hat-Trick In 4 Matches As Barcelona Beat Betis 7-0 / President Jonathan Sacks The Sports Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.