Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Christians And Beting..... Your Take - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Beting..... Your Take (537 Views)

Lol. Christians And Satanists Clash Over Satanic Statue / Christians And Politics / Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians And Beting..... Your Take by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 08, 2013
Nairalanders what's your take on Christians and beting ..., is it a sin for christian (born again) to play beting games like football beting. pls clear my doubts.
Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by lonelydora: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2013
A big sin. Why engage in such activities?
Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by Davefirst(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2013
Omo olorun to ta Baba jebu, talofi jo?

A child of God that is playing pool, who do you resemble?

Hit like if you oppose christian playing pool
Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2013
I am not saying baba ijebu or pool, I means football betings that you predict the outcome of matches to win your price. Is it wrong
Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by Davefirst(m): 11:03am On Dec 08, 2013
eliment: I am not saying baba ijebu or pool, I means football betings that you predict the outcome of matches to win your price. Is it wrong
They are all the same....
Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by greatgod2012(f): 11:12am On Dec 08, 2013
eliment: I am not saying baba ijebu or pool, I means football betings that you predict the outcome of matches to win your price. Is it wrong

why betting as regards future occurence, it's gambling. It is an uninsurable risk in insurance, if it's not acceptable in man's sight, how much more in the sight of God?

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2013
greatgod2012:

why betting as regards future occurence, it's gambling. It is an uninsurable risk in insurance, if it's not acceptable in man's sight, how much more in the sight of God?
but is there any verse in the bible condemning it?
Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by greatgod2012(f): 11:27am On Dec 08, 2013
eliment: but is there any verse in the bible condemning it?

So, it's only what the bible specifically mentions as wrong that is wrong, what about those that are morally and culturally bad/wrong.
Betting is morally and economically wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Beting..... Your Take by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
greatgod2012:

So, it's only what the bible specifically mentions as wrong that is wrong, what about those that are morally and culturally bad/wrong.
Betting is morally and economically wrong.
but some people are making good living out of it

(1) (Reply)

Rapture At Hand, Wake Up! / Please This Is Not A Church Matter Anymore / To The Born-again Christians: Being A Virgin Is To Please God, Not Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.