Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary (1821 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Just Got My NYSC 2015 Batch A Call Number Via Sms / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by stelaar(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
DAY 1 (Resumption)
I consistently check my wrist watch subconsciously on every 5 minute interval...the trip is getting to its peak of boredom, the only two things I have in mind are mental images of my camp...the vast arid lands and sparsely spread hamlets don't give my brain any form of excitement...I had been excited by the new environment I saw earlier in the morning but at this moment I was well into the trip with six hours of the same kind of villages...the only joy I held onto was the smooth roads in the north...my trip started 7am and this was getting to 2pm with no site of Dakingari...I had made consultations the previous day and was given an estimated journey time of 6 hours but how wrong was I, Birnin Kebbi to the camp packed an extra two hours and thirty minutes, two popular political icons came to mind in my trip as both bear their village names as surnames...Tambuwal in Sokoto and jega in Kebbi and I must say both villages were far from development
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by sireric(m): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
If you are really interested in my camp diary please call this line... 08172630612.
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by stelaar(m): 10:24am On Jan 05, 2014
DAY 2

I can feel the piercing heat radiating under my feet through my white tennis shoes...I just had the longest morning and actually anxiously waited for the sun to rise. Morning drills and Meditation took an amazing 5hours and I hardly slept through the night, I had kept one eye open for security watch on my phone charging a few meters from me while the other took to relaxation...its really looking like a difficult 20day count down, sadly I don't have options even if I choose to give up and depart cos home is well over 10hours away.

Shockingly for a blackberry...My battery life is still full due to low usage and hardly any network...the only joy I got was been able to see (one) of the daily updates from a forum which made me realize am not under a rock but in realistic terms my view from the hostel room envelopes my horizon by a colossal rock.

Its 3PM...I have been able to recover the lost sleep at night from brief intervals of naps...cos the noise levels in the room constantly wake you up...My Minds saddened by the fact I have to compulsory be on the parade ground by 4pm...in as much as am alone, I actually don't mind cos I hardly see myself relating on any mutual terms with the people I have around me...the culture shock didn't set in as am surrounded by some local yoruba champions from Osun state who think they are smart and consider everyone around to be an aboki...I'll continue to silently watch and observe.
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by ajoskele(m): 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
I'm enjoying this..I heard Kebbi state is the "driest" in terms of NYSC activities.

NOTE:Please don't insult the Oduduwa descendants,your diary could get a serious bashing,lashing and the thread derailed by the not-too-forgiving sons and daughters of Yorubaland..I'm not excluded..A good writer you are,keep it up...#2014A
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by stelaar(m): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
DAY 3

I intend to keep a low key with out showing any obvious signs of social exposure...the white T-shirt and shorts are keeping a balance among everyone and equality braces us all...No one knows who anyone is and I'll like to keep it that way. I only feel a bit guilty by the fact my bunk mate above me doesn't know my name..we just decided to exchange pleasantries and keep an active smile when ever we see...Am happy He respects my views, no silly questions and no interviews and I hope to keep it that way for the next 18 days...but as they say time would tell. A lot cannot be determined till we are well into the week, regardless of us all in white I guess our individual colors would soon start to paint the canvas of (N)A Dakingari Kebbi state.
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by stelaar(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
DAY 4

The morning parade trumpet blows...the expression on my face couldn't have been any better compared to when I 1st heard I was posted to Kebbi...I had been up by 4.15AM to perform my morning rituals (bath,put my items in order etc) but PHCN left us in darkness all night so the whole camp was left with a single reserve tank/Tap to fetch w water from...the line extended and gave a picture of a typical fuel line during the subsidy/nlc strike drama...I still wasn't discouraged but the 2nd call on the trumpet caught up with me as it got to my turn, it left me disorganized racing back to my room with my mind trying to visualize where all my items had been kept from my tennis shoes to my tooth brush etc...As I finally approached my door I had mentally giving my self 5mins to shower but the soldier I met at my block had a far different plan from mine sad . Double up! Double up, I was only given the chance to put on my dirty tennis shoes and caramel shorts and socks.

My Mouth remained closed on the parade ground cos I could only imagine the anger and accompanied bad breath that I'll give to anyone that asked a stupid question...we all at this time were meant to know our marked positions on the parade ground but otondos will always be otondos...in quote from a feminine voice "please is this platoon 8" lucky she asked a question that didn't require a verbal answer...I nod to signify yes.

Parade is finally over and I run down to my room to make sure my water is secured, usually I visit the loo everymorning at home but since I came to camp my digestive system seemed to be more scared than I was...its bright and sunny and I usually shower in the open at 4am, At this time of the day I wasn't willing to advertise my package to the whole platoons so I manned up to go and check what the toilet looked like. Equipped with my towel,bucket and other items I always check list to take with me...I manned up and took a walk to the toilet...WOW a smile lit my face as I opened one of the bathrooms/pit toilet...it seemed the idea of camp toilets discouraged anyone from going there ever and to my shock it was clean. Ever wonder why 'wrist watches' are water resistance and we never put them to a test Well my swatch wrist watch was going to prove the test as it was never going to vacate my wrist and bathing included.

Early Noon am already dressed up and way ahead schedule for the next program so I wonder around camp in search for loop holes in the system and I finally find a trojan box (OBS!!! LOL) Am invited by an Obs member to the studio/obs office...this meant I would be exempted from a lot of camp activities, I didn't hesitate to take the offer and just stay silent in the OBS studio when ever otondos would be under the hot blistering sun on parade ground
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Rdduite(m): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2014
Dude, wish you can dwell more on this OBS experience cos am over considering it to be my first targeted assignment when i get to camp!

2 Likes

Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by ajasa4link: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2014
Hmmmm....... I dey observe
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rdduite: Dude, wish you can dwell more on this OBS experience cos am over considering it to be my first targeted assignment when i get to camp!
seconded!
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
hephzibahbeulah:
seconded!
This your name tho...

1 Like

Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 01, 2014
Skateboard: This your name tho...
What abt my name?
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 01, 2014
hephzibahbeulah:
What abt my name?
Pronouncing it can remove someone's teeth.
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2014
Skateboard: Pronouncing it can remove someone's teeth.
lolzz tongue
lolzz

1 Like

Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Akerry(m): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2014
SECONDED... Lol
Re: Sharing My Nysc Camp Diary by Akerry(m): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2014

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2016/2017 Batch A Timetable For Corp Members [newly Updated Official Table] / The Youngest NYSC COPER / Lagos State Corp Members At Bethlehem Charity & Orphanage Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.