Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? (715 Views)

Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / Appreciation With Sex. Men Why? / thats it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is subjective and should be treated as such. It seems that many do not appreciate the role their fathers play in thehr lives and in the family as a whole. This is especially true of men/male folk (subjective) Fathers at least the responsible ones burn themselves out for the sake of the family, protects the family and deny themselves a lot for his family's sake. All these pressures are a contributory factor to their relatively shorter life span. Yet they, to a large degree are not appreciated. I personally appreciate my father for denying himself a lot just to ensure that me and my siblings attended the best schools and looked okay at his expense. All those with responsible fathers should do the same.
Re: Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? by EfemenaXY: 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
PocketEconomist: This is subjective and should be treated as such. It seems that many do not appreciate the role their fathers play in thehr lives and in the family as a whole. This is especially true of men/male folk (subjective) Fathers at least the responsible ones burn themselves out for the sake of the family, protects the family and deny themselves a lot for his family's sake. All these pressures are a contributory factor to their relatively shorter life span. Yet they, to a large degree are not appreciated. I personally appreciate my father for denying himself a lot just to ensure that me and my siblings attended the best schools and looked okay at his expense. All those with responsible fathers should do the same.

What makes you think so?

Care to expand on this claim of yours with some credible examples?
Re: Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? by tpia5: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
PocketEconomist: This is subjective and should be treated as such. It seems that many do not appreciate the role their fathers play in thehr lives and in the family as a whole. This is especially true of men/male folk (subjective) Fathers at least the responsible ones burn themselves out for the sake of the family, protects the family and deny themselves a lot for his family's sake. All these pressures are a contributory factor to their relatively shorter life span. Yet they, to a large degree are not appreciated. I personally appreciate my father for denying himself a lot just to ensure that me and my siblings attended the best schools and looked okay at his expense. All those with responsible fathers should do the same.

and those with irresponsible fathers, what should they do?

1 Like

Re: Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? by bennysucre(f): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

Double post
Re: Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? by bennysucre(f): 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

Appreciate God for their lives n try not to be irresponsible fathers to their own kids. It shouldn't be that hard.

1 Like

Re: Why The Apparent Lack Of Appreciation? by Fallotti: 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
How many know their fathers with all the 'blokos-sharing' going on all over NIGERIA AND AFRICA?
Fathers are 'endangered' species o. . . .
Very hard to find in the 'BLACK RACE'. . .
See Obama for example. . . NO FATHER AROUND!

But all the other WHITE PRESIDENTS ALL HAD FATHERS.

Go figure! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? / Does Bragging Equate Selfconfidence / Question Of The Day:- Who Is To Blame For The Prevalent Teenage Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.