Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,589 members, 7,955,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:44 PM

Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? (732 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by 12month: 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don't know if being a pessimist is wrong? I am a kind of person that's always prepared for the worst. And sometimes when I speak out how I feel on some issues, some of my family members are always criticizing me. I don't know if been pessimistic is a bad thing. Please advice me
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by mgbeketoto: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Being a pessimist is not an appropriate way to maintain a healthy psycho-social network in life.
I prefer being a realist or a STOIC.

You simply wait for things to take their natural causes then you accept them and move on.
Being a pessimist means you have given up on life. . .

Only depressed, negative and defeatists mentalities operate that way. Happiness will continue to elude you, and you risk dying young. kiss

Yes. . . . Wrong! kiss
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
^^ Well said. Living as a pessimist has to be a very sad type of life. Not healthy. And annoying to be around too.
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by Godmother(f): 10:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
They re not difficult to be with, they are impossible to be around. The sky is always falling with them and with time their attitude starts to rub off on you
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by 12month: 2:24am On Jan 06, 2014
I never knew it was this bad... my brother and I had a small quarrel over something relating to the issue. question now is how do I become a realist or stoic embarassed
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Pessimism is the worst kind of attitude I can cope with.

Life should be faced with a good blend of realism and optimism.

Been a pessimist is like Already accepting defeat before going to war.

You need to refresh your thought process please. This attitude might not get you far in life.

Have you noticed people already avoid you? Have you noticed people around you don't tell you things ?

Is your girlfriend/ wife happy with this attitude? I don't think so......except she is a pessimist like you.

Wake up bro, nothing im life works out without having a positive attitude.
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by 12month: 9:14am On Jan 06, 2014
Royal Roy: Pessimism is the worst kind of attitude I can cope with.

Life should be faced with a good blend of realism and optimism.

Been a pessimist is like Already accepting defeat before going to war.

You need to refresh your thought process please. This attitude might not get you far in life.

Have you noticed people already avoid you? Have you noticed people around you don't tell you things ?

Is your girlfriend/ wife happy with this attitude? I don't think so......except she is a pessimist like you.

Wake up bro, nothing im life works out without having a positive attitude.

thanks for the advice bro but its not like I do not have a positive attitude. I just like to barricade my mind that the worse could happen.

so many factors made me so e.g. I lost a loved one at an age and time which I never expected.

However, I am looking forward to tips from u guys on being a realist.
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by shizzle11(m): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2014
PESSIMISM >>> DEJECTION >>> LONELINESS >>> FRUSTRATION >>> SUICIDE

BE CAREFUL!
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by shizzle11(m): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2014
12month:

thanks for the advice bro but its not like I do not have a positive attitude. I just like to barricade my mind that the worse could happen.

so many factors made me so e.g. I lost a loved one at an age and time which I never expected.

However, I am looking forward to tips from u guys on being a realist

Look on the bright side of life

Have positive outlook in life

Be out going, make friends, socialize

Do some sport/exercise

Share your problems/challenges with friends/family if you have any

Watch movie, football at cinemas/viewing centres. Don't be lonely, by all means mingle with like minds

Make some money, Live healthy

See a counsellor/psychology expert(a far cry in Nigeria thou) grin

hope this little helps
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by 12month: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
aite thanks for ur help.i appreciate smiley
Re: Is Being A Pessimist Wrong? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 06, 2014
Gbam.youve said it all

EOD
mgbeketoto: Being a pessimist is not an appropriate way to maintain a healthy psycho-social network in life.
I prefer being a realist or a STOIC.

You simply wait for things to take their natural causes then you accept them and move on.
Being a pessimist means you have given up on life. . .

Only depressed, negative and defeatists mentalities operate that way. Happiness will continue to elude you, and you risk dying young. kiss

Yes. . . . Wrong! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Bad Behaviours In Kids- Causes And Remedies. / 10 Signs Your Marriage Is Heading Toward Shipwreck / Premature Son Plays Ring-bearer As Couple Get Married In Hospital (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.