Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

My Husband......... - Literature (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (720007 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by Chigold121(f): 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
OMG, i hope it's not Funmi that had an acccident. Welldone ma, u re d best.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Yuneehk(f): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
This suspense nawa! I don't think it's his mum sha

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Topscoque(f): 11:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
The suspense is killing........... Kudos mama flakky

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by rachealfst(f): 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
see suspense o,I can't guess,thanks for d update.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by omotalkie(f): 7:49am On Jun 28, 2016
shocked Accident It might be Adetoun or Funmi who is involved. Well, dats left for Flakky. Tanx Ma'am for d update

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by t1976(f): 11:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Very nice story,kudos to the writer.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by emerald18(f): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
Kudos to you @ flakkydagirl bt too much suspense is nt good oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
Updates resumes on Monday.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Topscoque(f): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thnks dear, my fingers are crossed

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Kflorencek(f): 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thanks Ma'am, will be waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
Patiently waiting

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
It's monday o.. Madam flakky hope u r typing
Re: My Husband......... by emerald18(f): 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
My waist is paining me sef,i ve been sitting here since morning still no update,abeg madam flakkydagirl where are thou,come and update sharpaly or else.............

3 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Yuneehk(f): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Where's she oh?? Monday would be over in about an hour and thirty five minutes cry
Re: My Husband......... by Arabanaf: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
No update yet embarassed
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
Arabanaf:
No update yet embarassed
I've been B as in buussssyyy.I don't know how I intend to go about it,I sha know I'll update tomorrow....

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Arabanaf: 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ok dear. Will be expecting it
Re: My Husband......... by 1LadySule(f): 8:58am On Jul 06, 2016
Thank you Flakky. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
Madam flakky, i believe we will get an update b4 the day ends as u promised. More grace

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by TEELAW71(f): 11:43am On Jul 07, 2016
I know u have been busy, but pls can u try and create a little time for us. The suspense is much, madam flakky will be expecting a response from you. May God continue to strengthen you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2016
TEELAW71:
I know u have been busy, but pls can u try and create a little time for us. The suspense is much, madam flakky will be expecting a response from you. May God continue to strengthen you.
Updating right away.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by SweetieConstie(f): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Flakkydagirl:
Updating right away.Thanks.
Yayyy! grin Thank you Ma'am Flakky... Anticipating anxiously...

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by cultureclub1983: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
Based on british authors i've worked with over the space of a decade, may i be allowed to chip in a few corrections to this literal piece ( or pieces as some have come to detest it )
The writer has failed in her attempt to manage the enthusiasm of the readers. For this i do not mean her infrequent updates, i'm more concerned about the CLICHE situations in the plot. Just like a revolver, the tempo keeps meandering around " THE SAME GOD KNOWS THINGS" all the time. I suggest she employs the use of the greek methodology called the " deux ex machina " a device to bring the story to an abrupt end where a situation shoots deep to end the entire happenings So as the leftover/ religious readers wouldn't walk the plank as did the earliest ones.
Finally, its a 4.5/10 rating from me.

thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Bekeebest: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Still waiting...More MB to ur phone

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
[size=16pt] Episode 113. [/size]

Jacob left his friend's bedside and went to see the doctor,the devastating news delivered to him killed his morale for that night.He drove off to the Jaiye's residence.
Cynthia was worried sick,her husband was supposed to be home by home,she put the children to bed and stood by the window watching out for his car.She had jumped up when she heard a car horn,he recognised it as Jacob's,and watched him come through.
She got the door,"Good evening Jay." He greeted,as Jacob came in.
"How are you Cynthia,and the kids." He asked."They're fine." She answered."I don't know why Jaiye isn't back,did you come to see him?" She asked offering him a seat.
But Jacob chose to remain standing,"Jaiye had an accident." He blurted out.
Cynthia stared at him,perhaps she heard him wrong."What did you just say?"
"Calm down,he is fine,and he is receiving medical attention at the city hospital." He explained to her.Cynthia fell against him and he embraced her tightly,cradling her soft body in his arms."He is going to be fine." He whispered into her hair.As he led her to the pink three seater couch.Cynthia sobbed gently.
"He's responding to treatment already,just some few bruises,no internal bleeding,just the shock,so pull yourself together." He said to her,withholding the last and most important information from her.
Cynthia leaned closer to him,she let him hold her,and she felt warm,actually she felt better.she raised her head to look at him."Is he dead?"
"No.God forbid such,he is fine." He told her assuringly.Cynthia snuggled closer and kissed him full on the lips.Jacob was surprised.She kissed him again,and this time,he kissed her back with the same passion and energy,he held her shoulders and pressed his lips to hers devouring them.
The kiss broke,"I'm sorry Jacob." She said.
"Its alright,I'm sorry too." He disentangled from her embrace.
"When can I go to see him?" She asked.
"Tomorrow morning will be fine."
"I wish you would stay the night." She said looking away. "Jane is going to be worried sick too,let me be on my way." Jacob got up,"I'll ask my driver to come and take you to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning." He got up and adjusted his shirt,the awkwardness lessened."Let me on my way now."
"Its okay,thank you,my regards to Jane."She said still folded up on the couch.
Jacob nodded his head,and walked towards the door. "I'm sorry once again Jay." Cynthia said.
"Its alright,good night." He walked out of the door and headed for his car.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by teamplayey: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
cultureclub1983:
Based on british authors i've worked with over the space of a decade, may i be allowed to chip in a few corrections to this literal piece ( or pieces as some have come to detest it )
The writer has failed in her attempt to manage the enthusiasm of the readers. For this i do not mean her infrequent updates, i'm more concerned about the CLICHE situations in the plot. Just like a revolver, the tempo keeps meandering around " THE SAME GOD KNOWS THINGS" all the time. I suggest she employs the use of the greek methodology called the " deux ex machina " a device to bring the story to an abrupt end where a situation shoots deep to end the entire happenings So as the leftover/ religious readers wouldn't walk the plank as did the earliest ones.
Finally, its a 4.5/10 rating from me.

thank you.

ROTFL. "It is not over until it is over"
Re: My Husband......... by Topscoque(f): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
What the hell just happened btw Jacob and Cynthia ? Unbelievable
Re: My Husband......... by vivor: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
What type of rubbish en short update was dis?, Dere was no need for d update sef
Re: My Husband......... by bummybummy(f): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
flakky, dis update z too small oo afta anoda break of urs. Tnx 4 d small update sha
Re: My Husband......... by BadBullet(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
vivor:
What type of rubbish en short update was dis?, Dere was no need for d update sef
shot up did u pay her to update for you
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cont'd

"Are you happy now?" Adekunle asked as he manouvered the car to join the main road,one hand on the steering and the other one holding his love,Rekia.
Rekia smiled,she was more than happy.Such a warm reception from Adekunle's family.She had changed her dress three different times while trying to settle for something simple and elegant.She was glad when Adeola who happens to be Adekunle's younger sister embraced her warmly and complemented her beautiful dress.Their mother lay ill on the bed,but the woman had smiled too,and their mother's younger sister who acted as the mouthpiece for his mother had made her feel at home too.The woman who they all referred to as Mummy Bimbo,kept stealing glances at her,she was scared at first,but when she told her that she liked her,she forgot herself and laughed.
Everybody had accepted her except Adetoun,her own friend.Life could be so ironic she thought to herself.
That was the first person who should have welcomed her in a warm embrace,but rather she chose to be the one giving her a cold shoulder.
"A dollar for your thought." Adekunle said,snapping her out of her reverie.
Rekia smiled,"Why not $100?" She asked.
"Wow,so you like money too."
"Show me someone who doesn't."
"Okay then,tell me,what were you thinking about?"
"You." She lied.
"Then you'll have to pay me $100."
"No way." She said,the car jerked forward,and Adekunle quickly stepped on the pedal.
"Good,would you like to get anything?" He asked.
"No,I'll be fine,just drop at the bus stop,I'll pick a taxi." She said.
"I'll drop you at home." He insisted.
Rekia shook her head,"You sister could be home,have you forgotten what happened the last time?"
"No,I haven't,she had better get use to seeing us together." Adekunle said and drove her home.Rekia was quiet for the rest of the journey.They got home and she got down,waved him good bye and got in.There was a parcel by the door,she wasn't expecting anything.It must have come for Adetoun.She bent down and peeped at the wrapped basket with a card on it.The signature read 'With love from Yaro Yahaya.'
"Oh no" this man again,how did he find her house,she carried the basket it was heavy.she opened the door with her key and carried the basket to her room,it contained provisions,beverages and juice.she dumped it in a corner and undressed.she got into the bathroom,and prepared a warm bath.Standing before the mirror she gazed at herself.She liked what she saw,she had lost much weight already.She stepped into the bathtube and let the warm water do its magic.she was enjoy the soothing sensation when someone began to bang the door.She let out a long hiss.It must be Adetoun,perhaps she had misplaced her own key.The banging continued for a while and then stopped.
She finished her bath,and went into her room,to apply her nightly rituals,all of a sudden,her phone rang out,and as she went to pick it,the banging resumed,this time harder and louder.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cont'd

Adetoun waited and waited,she was tired already.She drove back to find a restaurant or a bar.she found a nice bar,the lights was well dimmed.She parked her car and locked it,then walked into the bar,found a good seat,from where she could have a good view of her car.
The waiter asked her what she wanted,and she ordered for a can of smirrnof.she paid him,and opened the can,sipped her drink,wondering how she ended up where she was.
Why the blame?why was everyone heaping the blame on her? She had only done what was right by her brother.How many people would have allowed the same fate befall them.she sipped her drink again.
She looked at her wrist watch,it was some minutes past nine.She figured he would be home by now.she finished her drink and left.Stopping the car right in front of the gate,the gate keeper opened the door for her and she drove in.She greeted him and went inside.She was some few steps away from the door,when the began to hear some roaring laughter.And then it dawned on her.He had company.
She was stunned,the voice roared with laughter again,it was the sound of a female.God! She inhaled and exhaled quickly.How could he do this to her? After all they shared,she shook with hurt and anger.she contemplated turning back,but would that solve what was on ground? She brought out her phone and called him.And luckily for her he picked after the fourth ring,the laughter had stopped now.
"Hello." She said.
"Hello." He replied her curtly.
"Are you home?" She asked.
He paused,God help him if he lied to her,"I'm home but I have company." He said and hung up.She sighed in relief,at least he didn't lie to her.
She dropped her phone in her bag and summoned enough courage to knock.There was a click and the brown polished door opened.
"Hi." She said as Kelvin stood blocking the way.
"Hi yourself." He replied."I told you I had company." He shuot at her,he didn't look surprised to see her,oh foolish,he must have heard her drive in and probably checked through the window.
"I heard."He retorted.
"Let me in." She said.
"Sis Toun."The female voice shouted from inside."Please is that you?"
Toun was curious as ever,she rushed in when Kelvin stood away from the door.It was non other than his younger sister Florence.
"Flor Flor." She shouted and embraced her."When did you get back?" She asked laughing.
Kelvin left the ladies and went to his bedroom.
"I got back about three weeks ago,just decided to come to Lagos and relax small." Flo said sitting down.
Adetoun sat down beside her,"I hope you enjoyed your service in Oyo?"
"It was a beautiful experience o,what will you like to eat,we just got back not long."
Toun shrugged her shoulders,"Not now,I and Kelvin have some issues to sort out."
"I figured,he'll be in his room sha."She quirked.
Toun got up and walked to Kelvin's room,she knocked and waited for a response,"Who's there?"He asked from inside.
"Its's me." Toun replied.
"You know you're not welcome."
"Just hear me out."
There was a two minute silence,"You can come in." He said finally.
Toun opened the door,and sat by him on the bed,"Why have you been avoiding me?" She blurted.
"I've been busy with work." He answered playing Temple run on his phone.
Toun was quiet,"Kelvin,is there something you're not telling me?"
"Like we need a break right?"
Toun scoffed,"Please be serious."
"Well,I am."
"What are you even saying K,I'll take that as a joke." She said getting up,her hands resting on her hips.
"Look,its not the end of the world,I just need some space for a while."
Toun snatched the phone from him,"Kelvin this is not even the time,we've been together for 2yrs now,don't play with my feelings." She shouted at him.
"What did you think you were doing,smashing your friend's heart like that,if you could that to her,how much more I?" He spat sitting up in bed.
Toun clapped her hands together,"You're giving me all this attitude because of Rekia."
"Oh,what did you expect?you disrobed that lady in such a shameless manner,right infront of everyone."
"I did it for my brother,moreover I was tipsy."
Kelvin scoffed,"Your reasons are wack!"
"Okay,I'm sorry,let's put that behind us." She pleaded.
"I'll need to think it over."
"Kelvin please don't do this to us." She cried.
Kelvin got down from the bed,he was moved by her tears,"I really don't want to do this too,but we both need it."
"No,no,no,you're breaking my heart." Toun cried.
Florence folded her arm across her chest,and stood by the door,eavesdropping.She considered barging in to plead on behalf of Toun,the latter was quite nice and homely.And she looked forward to her being Kelvin's wife,but this break or is it space could mean otherwise.
Her knuckles hit the door,before she could stop it."Oops!" She sighed,no response.Since she had knocked,she pushed the door slightly and it opened.
She walked in slowly,"I'm sorry for barging in like this." She said looking from her brother to his fiance.
"What is it Florence?" Kelvin asked,his eyes settling on her.
"Well,I'm sorry,I have been eavesdropping on your conversation,sorry argument." She shrugged.
"Florence!"
"I want to plead that you forgive sis Toun." She said and remained quiet.
"Forgive her? She didn't offend me,let her ask her friend to forgive her."
"Okay,just don't break up with her."
"You must have heard wrong,I just want some time for myself." He explained.
"If you've forgiven her,there'll be no need to ask her to give you some space."
Kelvin sighed,she was supposed to side him not his fiance.
"Alright then."
Florence embraced him,"Thanks bro." She said and winked at Toun before leaving.
"Thank you dear." Toun said.
There was an awkward silence in the room,"I'm sorry,thank you."
Kelvin drew her into his embrace,"You're welcome sweety,I really felt bad for what you did,I hope you have apologised to your friend?"
Toun nodded in the affirmative,"I have."
"Please don't do that again."
"I won't."
"Promise you'll never ask me to give you some space again."
Kelvin smiled and crossed his heart,"Just for you dear." He pecked her on the cheeks.
Florence chuckled as she peeped at them,she quickly left the door.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.