Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Nollywood Film Of The Decade - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Film Of The Decade (676 Views)

AY's 30 Days In Atlanta Declared Highest Grossing Film Of All Time In Nigeria / What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film? / Nollywood Film, ; Free Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Film Of The Decade by Kpobaridaniel(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
The Nollywood industry has produced a lot of decent good films recently, and i see it fit to crown the best of it all due to my personal yardstick measure because of its completeness in all round requirements. I present to you NOLLYWOOD FILM OF THE DECADE " MR AND MRS! its simply the best!
Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by Kpobaridaniel(m): 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
i would also love 2 knw ur take on it
Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
I think Phone Swap and The meeting. I can't choose yet
Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by VillageBoi(m): 12:33am On Dec 09, 2013
My choice is 'Mother Of George'... but if people say it's not really 'Nollywood' then I'm with my broda above - 'Phone Swap' and 'The Meeting' too hard to pick between them.
Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 09, 2013
VillageBoi: My choice is 'Mother Of George'...

I need to watch this mother of george ooo. It got 90+ % rating on rotten tomatoes and 77% on metacritics......wonderful!

btw....abeg Does Nigeria have a body that submits for Oscars? I guess NOt! Mother of George could've been Nigeria's official entry. And if it's that good, it could've been nominated atleast. Unfortunately, seems nobody cares for the Oscars. Cos I just discovered Nigeria has not even given an entry before. EVER!

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by VillageBoi(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2013
^ ^ ^
No, Nigeria does not have said 'board'.
Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by sholay2011(m): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Errmmm.....dunno undecided....maybe 'Anchor Baby' IMO...
Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by chromatic: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mother of George was really good, one of my best movies this year and I have no idea why it's underrated though...but is it a Nigeria movie production? The plot was centred on a Nigerian family. I've not seen any of the Nollywood movies you guys are on about so I have no idea.
Villageboi, I love Michonne more after seeing it..I appreciate the actress more.
Re: Nollywood Film Of The Decade by VillageBoi(m): 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
^ ^ ^
I don't know if it's a Naija production but it was shot in NY by a Naija guy and was shown at Sundance which is mega!

Not only is it my Naija film of the decade, as I mentioned on a thread somewhere it was, at the time of BFI London film festival, my film of the YEAR! Forget hollywood, Bollywood, jollywood, whateveawood. I loved and respected it that much... oh and I really enjoyed the Director Q&A after the screening.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Other Languages Used In Movie Production? / The Interview (2014 Movie Review): A Journey In Funny / A New Dawn:…as American Govt. Partners Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.