Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

GTB Visa Card In USD Will Work On Nigerian Shopping Sites? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Visa Card In USD Will Work On Nigerian Shopping Sites? (544 Views)

Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! / Names Of Online Shopping Sites In Nigeria, Please Kindly Contribute. / How Can I Get My Own Credit Card In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GTB Visa Card In USD Will Work On Nigerian Shopping Sites? by adewasco2k(m): 7:03am On Dec 09, 2013
Seriously this is becoming very annoying, my major account with GTB is my domiciliary account and i was not well informed about the differences between the MasterCard and the Visa card (still don't know the difference).

Recently i have noticed ALL Nigerian websites do not accept MasterCard-USD, was trying to renew my hosting from a Nigerian hosting company, no way, tried to make purchases on Konga, Jumia etc no way but it works on other websites which are not Nigeria's.

What i want to know is; when i checkout of those Nigerian sites, card options are always MasterCard - Naira debit, verve and VISA, so i was wondering if the VISA CARD - USD will work on a site like konga and the rest.

NB:
i asked the customer agent at the bank the difference between both cards and the answer was that they are from different companies but will perform exactly same function, called the customer care line and got the same answer so i guess they were right anyways but they should have said i cant use the MasterCard on Nigerian websites
Re: GTB Visa Card In USD Will Work On Nigerian Shopping Sites? by puskin: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2013
Get a GTB savings mastercard for transactions on naija sites. That........ has no problems with using it on naija & foreign sites.
Re: GTB Visa Card In USD Will Work On Nigerian Shopping Sites? by adewasco2k(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2013
puskin: Get a GTB savings mastercard for transactions on naija sites. That........ has no problems with using it on naija & foreign sites.

Thanks i have it already just that all my money are in USD saved in my domiciliary account.

Thanks, i will have to cash out some and sell it and save the naira into the savings account.

I hope you get my stress now grin , there is no way to do a transfer from domiciliary account in USD to savings in Naira, just wondering why, that will have beeb so easy for me instead of cashing out UDS, selling it and saving it into the savings account, they should have allowed direct conversion on the internet banking but when i tried all i get is you cant do transfer between two account with different currencies.

Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Any Nairalander Living/traveling To Ivory Coast? / New Loaded On Amazing Tricks On Mtn Free Bowsing / Succeeding In The Changing Business Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.