Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,679 members, 7,813,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? (975 Views)

Meet Flora Nwapa, Africa`s First Woman Novelist And First Novel Publisher / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Do You Remember the Pacesetters Books? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by Irshittabey: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2013
Let's know the 1st story or novel you read which influenced your intrest for reading. Waiting to see your comments
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by PrettyPrisca(f): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2013
Tunji the motor mechanic or the merchant of venice(abridged version)...either of d 2....I was 4 then...
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by redcliff: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2013
The namebof the book is Ajuju
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by Gboliwe: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2013
The Street Boy. It was given to me by my sunday school teacher Brother Mark. TBH, I didn't understand it then and as an adult I have been looking for it. Sad thing is I don't know the author all I know is, its a foreign novel.
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by demelza: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2013
Either Sugar girl or Eze Goes to School or Drummer Boy.
Cannot remember. undecided
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by Akshow: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Ralia the sugar gal.
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by Adeoba10(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2013
I started reading novel after my sec. schl, when I waz seeking 4 admisn den, dat waz 2005. I wil b d only 1 at home den, always boring, nepa wil nt bring lyt den. I jux decided to gwan buy a novel den titled: LET IT SHINE. Whaoo, it was interesting, dats was how i started reading novels
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by Irshittabey: 10:56am On Dec 09, 2013
I've loved reading story books ,but I couldn't read those without pictures ,to me they looked boring. But then during the summer vacation after grade 4,I was bored to death I just had to read one of the numerous pictureless books in the house.THIS WAS MY TURNING POINT. The 1st novel I laid my hands on was a hardcover book its cover illustration was a picture of 2 men playing basketball, one was white, the other was black. And the tiltle of
the novel was THE MOVE MAKES THE MAN. Why I chose to read this book most have been because it had a picture of people playing basketball,and I kinda like basketball. It took me 3 days to read,I was thrilled by what I read,it was as if I was watching a movie,and ever since then I read everything readable that comes my way.
I thank God that I didn't read the next to books I read 1st,if I had I won't have loved reading books without pictures yet. They were quite hard to read and understand for my age and vocabulary.The name of the 2nd book I read is OUR TOWN this book was in 3 acts,and then I didn't know what that meant and I was simply confused but I continued reading. The 3rd book was a hardcover book like all the other and it was titled farenheit 451,this book was a bit complicated for my 10 year old brain I didn't understand what was happening to books and I guess all I remember is that the book was about books. But that I had no problem reading books anymore and when I resumed school the next session I came 2nd in the class,that 1st term grade 5 2002/2003.THIS IS THE POWER OF BOOKS. All thanks to God who made real. So when I read Think Big by Ben Carson in 2004/2005 I felt we had a great deal in common.
Re: Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? by Irshittabey: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2013
It is nice to see the 1st books you people read,it must have been fun

(1) (Reply)

Punish Me Lord, Please! / Beware Of Fake Pastors(AKA PASTOR BOSCO!!!!) / All You Need To Know About YA Books.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.