Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) (2230 Views)

Exportation Of Agro Products / Mini Exportation. / Nigeria And Cassava Chips Exportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by praetor(f): 9:03pm On Jun 17, 2006
Take a look at this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2229230,00.html

$200 for a bunch of bananas, hmmm now all it takes if someone to cut down some bunches of bananas and ship them to Australia, become a banana billionaire!

smiley
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by kazey(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2006
Do you know the distance between Nigeria to Australia?

How many bananas can you produce, besides how do you preserve them?

Top Ten Banana Producers - 2005
(million metric ton)
India 16.8
Brazil 6.7
People's Republic of China 6.4
Ecuador 5.9
Philippines 5.8
Indonesia 4.5
Costa Rica 2.2
Mexico 2.0
hailand 2.0
Colombia 1.6
Burundi 1.6

Do you think you can compete with them? Mind you this is in millions of metric tonnes, cheesy This is not cassava o tongue This is bananas,
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by praetor(f): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2006
the point is there is a shortage over in Australia i.e. demand > supply.

I lived in England and practically all their foodstuff is flown in from abroad. that is the only way they can keep the prices so low so even now as we speak people are doing it.

Where do you think roses in your uk supermarkets come from? Kenya.
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by Golftwo(m): 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2006
I can supply, I'm a big time farmer here in Nigeria.
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by Seun(m): 5:26am On Jun 20, 2006
Great idea! Doesn't matter how much you are producing, as long as you make a profit on each banana.  wink
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by Seun(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2006
Can someone please explain how mass exportation business works in Nigeria? Thanks.
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by monkeyleg: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2006
The answers are not so simple my friend. Make proper enquiries, but I can assure you that there are some trade restrictions between certain countries, i.e you are not allowed to bring in food stuff in to the EU countries unless it has been approved by the EU. That is the way it works. That is why farmers from Africa can not compete.

The red tape and beaureu and unbelieveable. Good luck anyway

1 Like

Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by luface(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2006
its a nice business to go into but it will surely ivnolve a large sum of money/capital ,& i dont think its a business for a growing young man, bananas cant be shiped from here to Australia cause of the distance it will surly get spoilt befor it gets there, so best option will be to fly it there ,& cost of air liftting it will deffinately eat up the profit. sad

1 Like

Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by naijacutee(f): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2006
That is so wicked!!! One mans Cyclone Larry is another mans $200
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2006
If we start sending bananas to Australia, the price will fall. We would be rendering the consumers a valuable service.
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by praetor(f): 12:46am On Jun 22, 2006
1. Australia is not in the EU. It's on a seperate continent so EU trade laws don't cover it

2. There is refridgerated transportation to transport perishable foodstuffs long distances. Do your research.

3. There are lots of import/export forums where you can register as a seller of buyers

e.g. alibaba.com . People from all over the world are members and business is done 24/7

4. Get in touch with the Australian embassy in Nigeria and ask them to give you contact info. of Chamber of Commerce over there. You can email them. There are many farmers over there. Get in touch and discus business

This is an opportunity, use it

grin

1 Like

Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by praetor(f): 12:48am On Jun 22, 2006
seller of buyers

I meant exporter of bananas
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by kazey(m): 12:51am On Jun 22, 2006
Bananas from Nigeria going to Australia, Boli and banana ice-cream would get expensive o. cry
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by Seun(m): 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2006
The information you need is on their website:
www.nigeria.embassy.gov.au/

Good luck. If you make a lot of money, remember us o! wink
Re: Make Money With Bananas (Exportation) by tEsLim(m): 12:05pm On Dec 29, 2006
I'm thinkin

(1) (Reply)

Lpfo (black Oil) Needed Urgently / Containers For Sale In Port Harcourt / China Imports Business Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.