Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

When God Seems Far Away - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Seems Far Away (2114 Views)

When God Seems Silent :-[ :-[ / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You / What Do You Do When God Seems Far Away From You? Here Is A Little Story I Rather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Seems Far Away by toshmann(m): 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2006
brethren,has it ever happened to you before? sometimes u may have a series of problems, job loss,marital disaster,loss of a loved one,depression etc in a row and despite prayers things go from bad to worse. it seems as though the bible is a joke and God a myth.

what can a guy do then? let us encourage each other with biblical authority on this issue. what should we do?
Re: When God Seems Far Away by Drusilla(f): 5:34am On Jun 23, 2006
When we are feeling far from God:

Psa 143:3-4 For the enemy has pursued my soul; he has beaten my life down to the ground; he has made me dwell in darkness, as those long dead. And my spirit has fainted within me; my heart has become weary within me.

We should think about what He has done for us in the past:

Psa 143:5 I remember the days of old; I think on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands.
Re: When God Seems Far Away by jagunlabi(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2006
@toshman
[center]GOD IS NEVER FAR AWAY,HE/SHE IS CLOSER TO US THAN OUR SKIN(In our heads and minds,that is)[/center]
My guy,going through life is like wave surfing in the turbulent ocean.God has equipped us humans with the necessary abilities or skills to be able to ride these waves.Sometimes we ride high on these wave(good times;prosperous and successful periods;falling in love),and other times we're at the bottom of these waves(hard time like you indicated above).All these ups and downs of life have all been preprogrammed into this life by God,and there is no escaping them.
Now,if anybody here foolishly refuse to use those abilities endowed upon him or her by God to properly "surf" this life's turbulence,and instead,turn to God for help at every turn,then he or she has him/herself to blame.God is nobody's slave.
Religious folks are notorious for whinning and capitulating with great ease when they are faced with the slightest obstacle,with this great dillusion that they should not encounter problems the rest of their lives just because the go to church/mosque,read bibles/quran,and pray 100 times a day.
You have a problem in your front?Then solve it yourself,dammit!That is what God gave us intelligence for!Stop whining to God to come and clean up your ass for you!
Problem solving makes one grow and evolve in wisdom and intelligence.
What is it called again?EXPERIENTAL TRUTH.
You learn as you go.
Re: When God Seems Far Away by LuciferFan(m): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2006
grin grin grin cheesy wink grin grin grin tongue angry angry angry
Re: When God Seems Far Away by bagoma(f): 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2006
@ toshman,
i truly understand your post,
i had a very personal experience, i lost my loved one so suddenlyt and shockingly at a time when things couldnt have been better for us as a family, i mean spiritually, health-wise, financially etc, we were on a roll and gbam, it hit me, like a missle, destroying almost everything but thank God, not my faith.
at the time i couldnt even feel God, i prayed, seeked God, tried to stay strong and held done to the word and all but he seemed so far away. i couldnt hear Him. but like david, i encouraged myself in the Lord. i held on, prayers from friends and fellowship with brethren helped me through.
don moen song - "i will sing" was my favorite then. i will play it over and over again.
donnie mclucklin's - "didnt you know"was another one too.
the word was my anchor and i read books bordering on my situation and all the time God was good.
looking back now i can definitely say that He was there all the time, never left me for a single moment. but pain and grief numbed me such that i thought He was far away.
He was there to send me help all the time, the perfect literature to read, the best person to talk to, the passage to read at a particular time, the songs He put in my heart. and i came through.
God is there all the time.
Re: When God Seems Far Away by oluchikeh(f): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2006
Actually God, like every other concept in life is a function of our perspective
Have u ever wondered why u only think God is far when bad things happen to u
The graciousness of God is unchangeable and he is no respecter of any persons
In times of sudden death or situations we dont understand, if we had a standing relationship with God it will be mjuch easier
God will at least give u the peace of mind to carry u thru
so that even wen u dont understand and u grieve ull not grieve 4 long
and his peace which no man can give u will really guard ur heart
Re: When God Seems Far Away by exu(m): 8:56am On Jun 26, 2006
what can a guy do then? let us encourage each other with biblical authority on this issue. what should we do?

No offense but it's probably best to seek practical means when things are going 'from bad to worse'.
Re: When God Seems Far Away by jagunlabi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2006
GBAM!
exu:

No offense but it's probably best to seek practical means when things are going 'from bad to worse'.
Re: When God Seems Far Away by bolaoni(m): 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2006
"In this world ye shall have tribulations, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33)  wink

This article should be of help to anyone in this situation:

http://www.christiancourier.com/penpoints/IHaveOvercome.htm
Re: When God Seems Far Away by omonije(m): 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2006
infact this a gud topic, permite me to say without mingle words that god is always with us even, so close to us, but when we are in sins he steps aside. and atimes bad things happens to us just to test our faith in him. see what happened to job, still his faith was strong in the lord. so make ur faith stable in the lord and run away from sins.
Re: When God Seems Far Away by 1plumbdumb: 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2006
if God hides cause we sin he is not love!! He created evil therefore he created sin too.
Re: When God Seems Far Away by Seun(m): 2:52am On Oct 02, 2006
Perhaps he seems far away because he is? Why don't you people trust your own judgement and five senses?
Re: When God Seems Far Away by Wumine(f): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2006
God is always near. There are times thou you feel so unloved embarassed and that the world is not fair, those are the times u feel God is far away and that is another trick of satan. i have been there so many times and know how it feels. its a very overwhelmingly sad and dark world cry! But honestly, u will always come out a better and stronger person as long as you dont dwell on self-pity, you hold on and always remember God is there and things can only get better as long as their is a tomorrow. am in that position now and really working on it believing God is never far away!

(1) (Reply)

Is Christian Tithing A Salvational Issue? / 7 Trumpets, 7 Seals, 7 Vials, 3 Woes, 1st Death, 2nd Death, 1st And 2nd Fruits / @ajibam's Letter To Unbelievers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.