Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,666 members, 7,847,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3805217 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) ... (3855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MickelClark: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
Currently, I am watching The Mandalorian. It is a great show, It took me a month to figure out how to watch it because Disney Plus was not available in my country. I got a Disney Plus vpn to watch it and I am loving it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
abduleez1:

Really?? I'm patiently waiting for you to eat your words later this year.
So WB doesn't have WW84, Dune or Kong vs Godzilla? shocked Universal ain't got Minions, A Quiet Place 2?
LMAO Eternals making Endgame numbers shocked It won't even crack $1billion sef. grin
kong will bomb, a quiet place 2 will also bomb.
dune will likely do well, but won't gross a billion dollars
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
With all due respect, I don't care about your opinion about me.

Your opinion ain't paying my bills.
DandeNumeruno:

you acted like a bitch.

out of nowhere, just like that.....

that's a bitch move nigga and I will always see you as a bitch now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
abduleez1:

Really?? I'm patiently waiting for you to eat your words later this year.

So WB doesn't have WW84, Dune or Kong vs Godzilla? shocked
Universal ain't got Minions, A Quiet Place 2?

LMAO Eternals making Endgame numbers shocked
It won't even crack $1billion sef. grin
Na only WW84 i dey see bro and it will be a stretch if it reaches 1bn...last installment was at around 900m$ i think...Kong Vs Godzilla ko Dune ni...Wasn't the same Godzilla franchise that bombed last year and couldn't even make up to 500m$..the adaption was abysmal..only skull island holding the flame for this franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
You are already on the right path to discovering the secrets of immortality grin

abduleez1:

LMAO I don't take this shite personal or seriously. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
alexistaiwo:
With all due respect, I don't care about your opinion about me.

Your opinion ain't paying my bills.

shameless snitch, the worst kind of snitch.

I don't know between you and jeromeblack who is more shameless?

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Any fans of obscure indie movies should quote my post with a list.As for movies in 2019 I enjoyed the french movie-Portrait of a lady on fire.
There was a post on this thread a few weeks ago on how to download movies and tv shows with---index? .If anyone remembers it please repost it.It will be much appreciated
A separation, Happy as Lazaro, Capernaum, Hala, Private life, Wild Tale, Bad Genuis, All summers end, Life Itself, The Squid and the whale, The Farewell,Ash is pure white, Searching and Ali's wedding...these i can remember for now

Ps...All are indie in production.. But some might are distributed by big picture companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by natsuDragneel: 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
Movie suggestions guys

Not the mainstream ones tho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hmm

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

it's very weird movie but the advantage I had is that I expected the weirdness. it's an ari aster movie after all.

He's really one to watch out for. I look forward to his next project
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

7 movies? wow! even more than I estimated.

disney get levels joor.

eternals will make the kind of money endgame made. you know why?

eternals is the origin story of thanos. eternals will make mad money, bros.
You say whaaaat? Eternals is not even sure of making Infinity Wars money talk more of Endgame. Endgame was the culmination of a 10-year build up. We technically don't even know much about the Eternals movie till we see a trailer. Abeg calm down and let's watch proceedings.

black widow will also smash the box office.
Disney missed the window to make mad money with Black Widow. It'll make money sure. But not as much as it would have made if they'd made the movie during the timeline it takes place (after Civil War).

mulan will make the kind of money lion king made last year
Can't argue with this.

artemis fowl will be a smash hit if adapted well.
It would be hard not to adapt Artemis Fowl well. The books are brilliant and he's an engaging character. But I don't know why A Wrinkle in Time keeps coming to mind whenever I hear about this movie.
Anyway, bottomline, unless my fears come true (I desperately hope not), this should turn a pretty penny.
call of the wild is a box office lock.

bros, 2020 will be another disney walkover.

univesal has nothing major except fast and furious.
So you're really overlooking Trolls, Minions and The Croods sequels?

WB has nothing major except tenet.
I can understand not rating Kong Vs Godzilla and Birds of Prey but overlooking The Conjuring 3 is kinda dumb. And you're basically dissing Wonder Woman at this point.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Extremely wicked, shockingly evil and vile.

9/10

I was really shocked at the end. I almost cry when the judge sentenced him to death. His No guilty attitude was so convincing. He even stood as a lawyer for himself, defended himself.

This movie just became my best true story movie of 2019. Better than The Irish Man. I went ahead to search his name on google, Theodore Robert Bundy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Viking007:

Blue and Black: 4/10. Just another average movie.
hollup..what you're saying is...I've wasted about 700mb?? undecided..........
Where are those two ...??
Grab a cane and whoop those 2 niqqas a$$ who gave back to back 8.5 rating

I'm gonna get ma belt...damn!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
BetWinners:

There are 2 things the rest of the world is missing out on;
1.French rap music
2.French cinema
Their rap industry is the sh!t. Even though I don't understand a word. I can tell they go in hard, rhythm rhyme and flow. Love sinik, don't know if I spelt it properly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Any fans of obscure indie movies should quote my post with a list.As for movies in 2019 I enjoyed the french movie-Portrait of a lady on fire.
There was a post on this thread a few weeks ago on how to download movies and tv shows with---index? .If anyone remembers it please repost it.It will be much appreciated
I really want to see "portrait of a lady on fire". I saw the trailer
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Extremely wicked, shockingly evil and vile.

9/10

I was really shocked at the end. I almost cry when the judge sentenced him to death. His No guilty attitude was so convincing. He even stood as a lawyer for himself, defended himself.

This movie just became my best true story movie of 2019. Better than The Irish Man. I went ahead to search his name on google, Theodore Robert Bunny.
I think bold has to do with him going to law school, although I might be wrong.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
Eternals wont gross 2 billion at the box office
DandeNumeruno:

7 movies? wow! even more than I estimated.
disney get levels joor.
eternals will make the kind of money endgame made. you know why?
eternals is the origin story of thanos. eternals will make mad money, bros.
black widow will also smash the box office.
mulan will make the kind of money lion king made last year
artemis fowl will be a smash hit if adapted well.
call of the wild is a box office lock.
bros, 2020 will be another disney walkover.
univesal has nothing major except fast and furious.
WB has nothing major except tenet.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
disney had 6 $1b movies in 2019 (Endgame,Captain Marvel,Lion King,Frozen,Aladdin and Toy Story)

Skywalker might make it 7 if it gets to $1b

abduleez1:

Wrong, Disney had 7 over $1bn movies, which will most likely turn 8 with final gross of Star Wars for 2019. That's never happening again this year with all the Biggie's coming out this year and the next from rival studios. I definitely don't see Disney having 5 movies grossing a billion dollars this year. It's kinda laughable. cheesy

I definitely don't see Eternals, Call of the Wild, Artemis Fowl, The King's Man grossing 1 fvcking billion. Especially King's Man that's so troubled it's been pushed back twice grin.

You seem to underestimate Universal's box office might and capabilities. They have shown ability to dominate box office like Disney in the past.

Besides that was the last Decade. This decade things might be different. Also Disney just got super dominant in the last 2 decades. Things changes all the time. And yeah, I know the saying "never bet against Disney".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bbbwings: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
natsuDragneel:
Movie suggestions guys

Not the mainstream ones tho
KNIVES OUT
PARASITE
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Raalsalghul:

I think bold has to do with him going to law school, although I might be wrong.

You are right. He studied law. Wiki noted that he schooled at four different universities; and some of his things was kept in the museum.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
Kaycee7:
You say whaaaat? Eternals is not even sure of making Infinity Wars money talk more of Endgame. Endgame was the culmination of a 10-year build up. We technically don't even know much about the Eternals movie till we see a trailer. Abeg calm down and let's watch proceedings.

Disney missed the window to make mad money with Black Widow. It'll make money sure. But not as much as it would have made if they'd made the movie during the timeline it takes place (after Civil War).

Can't argue with this.

It would be hard not to adapt Artemis Fowl well. The books are brilliant and he's an engaging character. But I don't know why A Wrinkle in Time keeps coming to mind whenever I hear about this movie.
Anyway, bottomline, unless my fears come true (I desperately hope not), this should turn a pretty penny.

I can understand not rating Kong Vs Godzilla and Birds of Prey but overlooking The Conjuring 3 is kinda dumb. And you're basically dissing Wonder Woman at this point.

you're right. we won't know much until we see a trailer but going by track record of MCU, the probability of eternals grossing a billion dollars is very high.

black widow will do very well regardless. fans still wants to see it. it will sell like hot cake imho.

the conjuring is horror and horrors are not known for their high box office revenues. it won't bomb but it won't make a lot of money either.

wonder woman will do relatively well but won't gross a billion dollars. WB are still learners in superhero live action movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
MJBOLT:
Eternals wont gross 2 billion at the box office

maybe not, but grossing a billion dollars is almost assured but let's wait till we see the trailer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
i'm not bothered about it's box office numbers,i'm expecting jaw dropping visuals from this movie

DandeNumeruno:

maybe not, but grossing a billion dollars is almost assured but let's wait till we see the trailer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
MJBOLT:
i'm not bothered about it's box office numbers,i'm expecting jaw dropping visuals from this movie

this is why i said it will make endgame kind of money.

disney will spend big on this movie. the production value will be very high and it will culminate in fantastic visuals and thrilling fight sequences.

i have high hopes for this movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:
He's really one to watch out for. I look forward to his next project
yeah he's talented.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
MJBOLT:
disney had 6 $1b movies in 2019 (Endgame,Captain Marvel,Lion King,Frozen,Aladdin and Toy Story)

Skywalker might make it 7 if it gets to $1b

Yea, I made a mistake adding Sony's Spiderman sequel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

you're right. we won't know much until we see a trailer but going by track record of MCU, the probability of eternals grossing a billion dollars is very high.

black widow will do very well regardless. fans still wants to see it. it will sell like hot cake imho.

the conjuring is horror and horrors are not known for their high box office revenues. it won't bomb but it won't make a lot of money either.

wonder woman will do relatively well but won't gross a billion dollars. WB are still learners in superhero live action movies.

You are dont think Wonder Woman will gross a billion

Did you think Aquaman would gross a billion when it was released

What about Joker...a comic book movie unlike no other...no explosive action, visual effects and typical stuff you tend to find in most superhero films....and yet Joker did a billion without Batman and became the most profitable comic book movie of all time.
How many people would have predicted such a success

I cannot underate or predict what WB/DC films are capable of at the box office ....they are full of surprises.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

kong will bomb, a quiet place 2 will also bomb.

dune will likely do well, but won't gross a billion dollars

Nah, I don't quite see Kong vs Godzilla bombing. Yea, Godzilla 2019 messed up but I think WB gonna get it right this time around.

Besides the showdown between Kong vs Godzilla is highly anticipated, it's not as if peeps ain't tempted to see it. Everyone wanna know who's the definitive "King of the Monsters".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
BlackManta:

What about Joker...a comic book movie unlike no other...no explosive action, visual effects and typical stuff you tend to find in most superhero films....and yet Joker did a billion without Batman and became the most profitable comic book movie of all time.

I cannot underate or predict what WB/DC films are capable of at the box office ....they are full of surprises.

Thank you, you dey mind am. Him just dey shout Disney up and down.
Joker was a billion dollar success even without China and B/C-list Aquaman grossed a Billie.

The painful one is how he underrates Universal, I know WB messes up at times. But Universal with Fast 9, Minions Quiet Place 2, Croods, No Time To Die? That's sacrilegious!!! cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Itzneowizy:
hollup..what you're saying is...I've wasted about 700mb?? undecided..........
Where are those two ...??
Grab a cane and whoop those 2 niqqas a$$ who gave back to back 8.5 rating

I'm gonna get ma belt...damn!!!!

LMAO grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Kaycee7:

Can't argue with this.

I couldn't have said it better. He just seem to be underrating Universal, forgetting that Disney has a weaker line up unlike previous years.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
BlackManta:

I really don't know why some of you are expecting ww84 to do wonders. the first one is rubbish and on top of that, gal gadot cannot act. ww84 will be lucky to gross 500 million dollars imho.

joker success can be attributed to it's r rated content and it's originality. it was an unexpected success.

in recent years WB haven't given us a reason to be optimistic as regards their pg 13 superhero live action movies, so I really cannot comprehend where your optimism is coming from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) ... (3855) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.