Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748249 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lh19:
1917 — 8/10
It was a really good flick that showed how brutal war can be. Definitely worth the hype
Have you seen Saving Private Ryan (1998)? If you're a war movie fan, it's the best there is.
As far as blood and pouring intestines no do you anything, you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
alexistaiwo:
So you don't know that for me to know the moves, I obviously played MK as a kid? cheesy

I can do this all day
You're like Jon Snow... tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Psychosis: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ishilove:

I disagree. It seems John Wick was tailor made for Keeanu who seems to have the right combination of mystery, dark intensity and borderline psychosis tongue grin

The guy who played Mad Dog in Raid 1 and Koso in Raid 2, Yahan Ruhin (or something) and this knife wielding assasin in the kitchen scene dueling with Iko, are the two star-struck assasins who face off with John Wick in the glass room in Parabellum.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ishilove:

Hulk616 should be able to assist

Found it.
This is plenty. Can't believe I've actually seen all before.

1. Iron Man (May 2008)

2. The Incredible Hulk (June 2008)

3. Iron Man 2 (April 2010)

4. Thor (April 2011)

5. Captain America: The First Avenger (July 2011)

6. The Avengers (aka Avengers Assemble) (April 2012)

7. Iron Man 3 (April 2013)

8. Thor: The Dark World (November 2013)

9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (March 2014)

10. Guardians of the Galaxy (July 2014)

11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (April 2015)

12. Ant-Man (July 2015)

13. Captain America: Civil War (April 2016)

14. Doctor Strange (October 2016)

15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (April 2017)

16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 2017)

17. Thor: Ragnarok (October 2017)

18. Black Panther (February 2018)

19. Avengers: Infinity War (April 2018)

20. Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 2018)

21. Captain Marvel (March 2019)

22. Avengers: Endgame (April 2019)

23. Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2, 2019)

You got to hand it to the producers.
It's like watching a series, a mega series.
A well thought-out plan.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
alexistaiwo:
The only reason why I am not a full time Christian is because of what I call the omniscient paradox.

If the Christian God already knows and predestined the life of a human being, I don't think he has the moral justification to punish the human should he ever go wrong since all the human is doing is following the predestined script laid out for his life and if the Christian God doesn't know what his creation is gonna turn out to be, that means that he is not omniscient after all.

I must commend your rational thoughts, but the ways of men are not the ways of God.

Let's see predestination from this perspective. God has simply planned the purpose for human beings in the beginning (to become His sons and daughters), although he Chose not to know what we'd choose, rather, he gave us freewill to choose from an array of possibilities.

In Genesis, there's a place were God talked with Cain, who was upset that his offering was not accepted. God told him, “If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” If God had already predetermined what Cain would do, it would have been pointless to give Cain the advice to “rule over” sin. God gave Cain this advice and then allowed him to make his own decision.

God again encouraged the ancient Israelites to “choose life”—that is, choose His way of life so they could receive blessings. Again, if God already knew what choice they would make, this encouragement would have been pointless.

He knows all the possible outcome about our lives, but he chosen not to interfere, but rather, he give us the choice (freewill) to decide our own path. So when we err as a result of our wrong choices, we are liable for his wrath & punishment.

There's a clear difference between Not Knowing & Not Wanting To Know. That God doesn't Want to know, doesn't mean he wouldn't know if he chooses to know.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
These people don do blood money.
Can anyone help with a link with the total box office figures of this MCU saga.

Blood money cheesy

DrDax:

Found it.

1. Iron Man (May 2008)

4. Thor (April 2011)

12. Ant-Man (July 2015)

A well thought-out plan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
DrDax:

Found it. This is plenty. Can't believe I've actually seen all before.
1. Iron Man (May 2008)
4. Thor (April 2011)
12. Ant-Man (July 2015)
You got to hand it to the producers. It's like watching a series, a mega series. A well thought-out plan.
Nice one, i posted something like this here a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
DrDax:

Found it.

1. Iron Man (May 2008)

4. Thor (April 2011)

12. Ant-Man (July 2015)

A well thought-out plan.
that's why Marvel is the best. You won't believe that the conclusion of this masterpiece (Endgame) did not win an Oscar. angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
What I can decipher from your reply is that you are making excuses for your God.

You didn't address the core of my paradox.

Does he know what I am predestined to be?
Yes or No?

Let's cut to the chase.

mekaprime:

I must commend your rational thoughts, but the ways of men are not the ways of God.

Let's see predestination from this perspective. God has simply planned the purpose for human beings in the beginning (to become His sons and daughters), although he Chose not to know what we'd choose, rather, he gave us freewill to choose from an array of possibilities.

In Genesis, there's a place were God talked with Cain, who was upset that his offering was not accepted. God told him, “If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” If God had already predetermined what Cain would do, it would have been pointless to give Cain the advice to “rule over” sin. God gave Cain this advice and then allowed him to make his own decision.

God again encouraged the ancient Israelites to “choose life”—that is, choose His way of life so they could receive blessings. Again, if God already knew what choice they would make, this encouragement would have been pointless.

He knows all the possible outcome about our lives, but he chosen not to interfere, but rather, he give us the choice (freewill) to decide our own path. So when we err as a result of our wrong choices, we are liable for his wrath & punishment.

There's a clear difference between Not Knowing & Not Wanting To Know. That God doesn't Want to know, doesn't mean he wouldn't know if he chooses to know.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
hulk616:
that's why Marvel is the best. You won't believe that the conclusion of this masterpiece (Endgame) did not win an Oscar. angry

You Marvel Fans thought you could collect all the box office money and still get oscars? grin grin You think that DC does not have homeboys in the awards body? grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
alexistaiwo:

Blood money cheesy

An average of $800Mn per release, you do the maths.

Phew!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
22.5 billion dollars

alexistaiwo:

Blood money cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
mekaprime:

This is humongous.

I think DC should do something like this for the next decade.

Would be nice to see.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Black Panther undecided

MacCantStopMe:

You Marvel Fans thought you could collect all the box office money and still get oscars? grin grin You think that DC does not have homeboys in the awards body? grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
alexistaiwo:
What I can decipher from your reply is that you are making excuses for your God.

You didn't address the core of my paradox.

Does he know what I am predestined to be?
Yes or No?

Let's cut to the chase.

It's no yes or no answer. From my write up, and the supporting Bible verse, your perspection of Predestination isn't the same as God's. " The ways of God, are not the ways of men.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
hulk616:

But this is legendary.

Cannot be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
DrDax:

This is humongous.
Would be nice to see.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
mekaprime:

Everyone knows that I'm a hardcore atheist here but I do not want to get into a religious debate.

I just want to ask you a simple question-

WHEN YOU WATCH FILMS LIKE PROMETHEUS, 12 YEARS A SLAVE, THE MATRIX ETC, DO THEY MAKE YOU QUESTION YOUR RELIGION?

Many hollywood films are made by atheists as well. The films I listed above in the question all tackle religion in different ways

1. Prometheus posits that life was seeded unto earth by aliens not god.

2. 12 years a slave has a scene were a white christian master was reading the bible and flogging a black slave

3. The matrix asks if this life is just a simulation and what if all we know is just wrong. It uses elements of Bahai faith

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
[s]
alexistaiwo:
Blood money cheesy
[/s] which nonsense blood money? angry We are producing masterpieces that the world is in serious need of. That why we make billions. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
DrDax:

An average of $800Mn per release, you do the maths.
Phew!
Yeah you're right, average of $800m- 900m for each film.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
mekaprime:

yeah. Thanks for posting intelligent contents here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=MJBOLT post=88615786][/quote]

Wetin DC do you naw?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
MJBOLT:
Black Panther undecided

Calm down, I was only joking.

I was just implying that Marvel cannot have it all and that haters in the awards body will limit their oscars.....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

corrupt homeboys. In the future when the world is filled high level thinkers, they will ask how can a trashy movie like Joker win 2 Oscars over Endgame. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
i dont think DC will have something like that in the next ten years unless they probably start all over.

DrDax:

Wetin DC do you naw?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
DrDax:

This is humongous.

Would be nice to see.
you seem not to know DC. DC loves making trashy movies. Even when they make a 0.5/10 movie, they feel uncomfortable and return back to their normal state (trash making) angry

E.g how can DC move from an ok movie called man of steel to nonsense like Batman vs Superman. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
DrDax:

But this is legendary.

Cannot be forgotten.
sure it can never be forgotten unlike Joker and 100% of DC movies.

I have never seen anybody on this thread asking for DCEU movies and whether order. Because DC are not ordered angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Everyone knows that I'm a hardcore atheist here but I do not want to get into a religious debate.

WHEN YOU WATCH FILMS LIKE PROMETHEUS, 12 YEARS A SLAVE, THE MATRIX ETC, DO THEY MAKE YOU QUESTION YOUR RELIGION?

Many hollywood films are made by atheists as well. The films I listed above in the question all tackle religion in different ways

2. 12 years a slave has a scene were a white christian master was reading the bible and flogging a black slave

3. The matrix asks if this life is just a simulation and what if all we know is just wrong. It uses elements of Bahai faith

Why should i question my religion over the perception of someone, knowing fully well that folks choose the narration that bests suits em'.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Calm down, I was only joking.

I was just implying that Marvel cannot have it all and that haters in the awards body will limit their oscars.....
someone is saying the truth here. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Just view God as the CEO/Management, He sees the BIGGER PICTURE.

We do not agree with every decision handed down to us by our bosses at work, they have their reasons.

I guess you think like that Cynical old man at the funeral in GREATER.

With time you will go a step further.

We all have our paths...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
mekaprime:

Why should i question my religion over the perception of someone, knowing fully well that folks choose the narration that bests suits em'.

So, the matrix did not even make you think?

Furthermore, it is not just a perception- these movies put forward a philosophy. And some, a religion take matrix with the Bahai faith.

Are you saying that you never question your religion?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Omoluabi16(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
DrDax:

Found it.

1. Iron Man (May 2008)

4. Thor (April 2011)

12. Ant-Man (July 2015)

A well thought-out plan.
I'd also suggest you see the trailers to each one of them again to hype you up. The trailer for infinity war as at two days ago had 231m views. The infinity saga was a masterpiece.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.