Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,862 members, 7,841,245 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3794823 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) ... (3848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
A close third

John Cena is a really good actor
abduleez1:
He's come a long way....
Very versatile and wide range of talent. The very best WWE has offered. That performance dude did in Bladerunner 2049 began the convincing, then AOTD after My Spy. His Dune (2021) performance just cemented his greatness.

Many people seem to forget Edge was in Vikings and he gave a lasting performance as Kjetill Flatnose.
John Cena also close third.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dave seems like he has the most range out of the 3.
John Cena seems the funniest.
Dwayne is the most charismatic.

Edge who? He's not even in the conversation.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Have you watched Vikings?
John Cena would easily be my second, but cause of that performance I remembered in Vikings mehn, Edge gats be commended.
But based on number of projects sure Cena gets it.
I agree with the way you classified them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Progenix:

Have you watched Vikings?
John Cena would easily be my second, but cause of that performance I remembered in Vikings mehn, Edge gats be commended.
But based on number of projects sure Cena gets it.
I agree with the way you classified them.

Dave Bautista has been in more Projects than John Cena overall...i remember him in "Smallville" way back in 2006.

Except you are comparing John Cena and Edge in this context.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
oyaskii:
Extreme "wokeism" is ruining the fun out of everything these days and i think movies suffer the most from it. You basically can't enjoy any movie without one airhead conjuring up a ridiculous and down right silly think piece....like just enjoy a movie and move along. I wouldn't even know the difference if black or colored actors played the role of "fictional blue aliens" living on a "fictional planet" ffs

And someone thinks anti wokes are clowns for calling out this ever increasing madness. Wahalur
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stonemind(f): 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hmm guys I'm seriously broke oo ah!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
itspreshh:
maybe people are tired of another self-wánk to Old Hollywood

Early reviews from critics is what is fuckîng them. Monitor the actions of the audience instead of the noise they make online. They said they loved it, well what do the cinema seats say, where's the cash. PEOPLE CARE ABOUT CRITIC'S REVIEWS. Even if they will never admit it. People are tired of being fed the same recycled shît over and over again. No one has got spare cash to gamble on a movie that they have been warned about before hand.

I'll keep it 100 with you. If your movie just premiered and those critics at Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, Fandango, the publishing houses in the United States and the UK give bad early reviews. You are quite easily fuçked. People are gonna wait till your movie hits streaming platforms and then gamble with less money. It's just the rational thing to do. Those critics have not lost their credibility, anyone that googles your movie and sees those low ratings don dey get two mind.

You can argue that their reviews are influenced by political bûllshit, maybe bribe and other things and while that is true it's in the minority. 80 - 85% of the time they know what the fûck they talking about. They know where to draw the fuckîng line. Forget star power if MC or RT rates a movie like 20 - 25% and you go ahead and watch that shít you have yourself to blame. A big budget and marketing won't cut it anymore. I'm kinda happy for the future.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
mirinder:
If Tenet were your IQ test, what will you score?
Not a clue, I'm just gonna watch Glass Onion and Knives Out again.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 12:37am On Dec 30, 2022
Disturbia

Shia labeouf is cute

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:15am On Dec 30, 2022
>>>>>All 51 $1B films<<<<<

1) Disney: 25 movies
2) Warner: 8 movies
3) Universal: 8 movies
4) Paramount: 4 movies
5) Sony: 3 movies
6) Fox/20th Century: 3 movies

→Disney by studio:←
* Marvel — 8 (excluding Sony)
* Walt Disney Pictures — 6
* Pixar — 4
* Lucasfilm — 4
* Walt Disney Animation Studios — 3

Truly the Real Madrid of studios.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 7:17am On Dec 30, 2022
Why wasn’t Bones And All in Nigerian cinemas? I planned to purchase a ticket for Queen and Slim back in the day and never saw it listed anywhere. This all-profit business model is not the way to go. Niche audiences are a thing.

If Nigerians ran DStv, we would have the options of CNN, Discovery Channel, Emmanuel TV, NTA, Africa Magic Epic and Supersports Soccer. Our people don’t believe one should spend time in front of television for anything else. That means no MTV Base, Cartoon Network or Spice TV. Backward human beings.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:
Come on, if BA is dreadful then what would you say about Thor: love and thunder?

If that useless and childish superhero movie could make more than $700 million, then BA should have made more than that because in my opinion, BA is miles better.

They are both equally bad but in different ways.

The key to Thor 4's relative success is due to it being part of the MCU. It basically rode on the coattail of MCU goodwill.

Being a standalone, Black Adams doesn't have that luxury.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2022
meobizy:
Why wasn’t Bones And All in Nigerian cinemas? I planned to purchase a ticket for Queen and Slim back in the day and never saw it listed anywhere. This all-profit business model is not the way to go. Niche audiences are a thing.

If you are not in an "all profit business" in a 3rd world economy like this then you have no business doing "business" at all.

Nigeria simply doesn't have a strong cinema culture that will allow for just any movie release to be on show, that is a sure fire way for the cinemas to loose money. So they tend to focus more on blockbuster movies that will at least bring an appreciable number of crowd, besides "Bones and All" had a VOD release less than 30 days from the theatrical release, if i own a cinema in this clime, i am most definitely skipping it.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:55am On Dec 30, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Before all of them, there was Jessy 'The Body' Ventura. His performance in Predator though short, still leaves a lasting memory.

Poncho: "You're bleeding men".

Blain: "I ain't gat time to bleed".

Wow. Just wow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 10:57am On Dec 30, 2022
oyaskii:
Dave Bautista has been in more Projects than John Cena overall...i remember him in "Smallville" way back in 2006.

Yep... I'm comparing Edge and Cena.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
ShaqFu:
Before all of them, there was Jessy 'The Body' Ventura. His performance in Predator though short, still leaves a lasting memory.

Poncho: "You're bleeding men".

Blain: "I ain't gat time to bleed".

Wow. Just wow.

Rowdy roddy piper has entered the chat

Also this cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjEjt5vMosI
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Rowdy roddy piper has entered the chat

Also this cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjEjt5vMosI
Yeah I remember him. He acted They Live or something of sort. Not a bad movie back then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 5:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
The science of Avatar has me wondering whether I should open a Reddit account once again.

Avatars are human DNA mixed with Na'vi to create personalised alien bodies. Right now we're not sure of the percentages, but let's go with 50/50. This is an alien species, what is the guarantee they can mate with humans to form offspring? Let's say they naturally can't. This will mean Jake's children with Neytiri should be 100% Na'vi. Any trace of human reproductive cells will die in Neytiri's body leaving only Na'vi ones to flourish. We can handwave Grace's child as Eywa copying Grace's avatar to form a clone. That will explain why Kiri is a sentient avatar.

Did Eywa unlock Jake's ability to give halfbreed babies during his transfer of consciousness? I’m guessing Quaritch will get busy offscreen and bear full Na'vi children with a native. Since he doesn't have Eywa's unlock code, he may birth some full human and full avatar children with a fellow recom.

Also, child Kiri called Lo'ak (I always misheard this name as No'ak in the cinema) "penis face." It means Na'vi males have the same nether tubing as human counterparts. Then again she could be referring to Lo'ak's face resembling Spider's equipment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
oyaskii:

I seriously can't believe people are comparing Bautista with Cena. Cena mostly plays comedy and dumb shit movies sometimes. Bautista played a blind dude in See fr crying out loud plus his other critically acclaimed movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
9 / 10

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
nani667:
9 / 10
looks like shyte

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thegamingorca:
looks like shyte
grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thegamingorca:
looks like shyte
I had the same feeling when I saw the first scene back then, but I was wrong. I was totally blown away. Recommended it to many people and they loved it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thegamingorca:
looks like shyte

You're missing on a gem of an animation.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
Beorn:

You're missing on a gem of an animation.

I would rather wait for a pirate version(even if it means waiting till next year ending) of avatar 2 to come out, than grow cataraaacts from watching klaus grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thegamingorca:

I would rather wait for a pirate version(even if it means waiting till next year ending) of avatar 2 to come out, than grow cataraaacts from watching klaus grin grin

I guess animation is not your thing. Because I don't see what stops you from watching Klaus while waiting for Avatar to be out for digital download.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
✓✓✓

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2022
Beorn:

I guess animation is not your thing. Because I don't see what stops you from watching Klaus while waiting for Avatar to be out for digital download.

I've had my fair share of animations growing up. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 12:02am On Dec 31, 2022
SOZINN:
✓✓✓
let them die this matter

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 12:52am On Dec 31, 2022
Beorn:

me I watch animated shows and movies but I can't watch that sha...

All those Disney type of 3D animation puts me off...

I automatically write them off as kids stuff
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 12:54am On Dec 31, 2022
SOZINN:
✓✓✓
I won't be surprised if the new Harry Potter will be updated for "modern audiences"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) ... (3848) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.