Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3753242 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kaycee7:
Horror worth losing my sanity after dark for months.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
abduleez1:
Cc Kaycee7.... How you want take hold this L?? Hot or cold? grin grin

I don dey talk am for months say this film go shatter records tire.
I'll take my L cold, after it passes $500m 😤
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
abduleez1:
Cc Kaycee7.... How you want take hold this L?? Hot or cold? grin grin

I don dey talk am for months say this film go shatter records tire.
what did he say about the movie? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Shazam
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sammy329(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
Gangs of Lagos!!!

One of the most interesting i have ever watched 10/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kaycee7:

Lol, I dey wait till next week. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Baddestguyp:
what did he say about the movie? grin

He said it's hardly getting to $500mn since the films VOD debut was released today for early May.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kaycee7:
Your L isn't cooking...
E don done

Na just to serve am for plate remain grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
Na make next week reach make I start dey serve Ls.. grin grin

One client don book one carton. 😂

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
It's safe to say video game adaptations have eclipsed the "curse era" and now a viable genre for studios to explore profitability and quickly acquire built in large fandoms. Reason why I see Netflix and Amazon race to quickly acquire many rights to so many top video game adaptations as strategic and I feel traditional studios are catching on albeit slowly compared to streaming. A very easy way for predominant streamers to level the playing field trad studios possess with the advantages of owning superhero franchises like WB, Disney and Sony.

I have a belief video game adaptations will become Hollywood's easiest cash cows when CBMs starts to wane. That's if they increasingly starts getting it right and pleasing the primary audience first (the fans) and simultaneously doing well with casual audience.

It's evident in the successes of TLOU, Sonic, Detective Pikachu, Mortal Kombat, The Witcher, Mario, Uncharted etc and more to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
oyaskii:
So...make i no bother cop am? lipsrsealed e dey queue already 😩😩😩

Watch am make you sigh tire 🤭
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
@ TheKingisHere your dream might be coming to fruition... 😃

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:08am On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:

😂😂
I happy say I kept my cool and I no join follow Charlize Theron.
actually she's among one of those that deceived me. Lots of A listers but heck, just heck. I remember asking everyone here if they've watched it around January, but didn't get any reply, so I went ahead...

https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/3362#119733500
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:10am On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:
@ TheKingisHere your dream might be coming to fruition... 😃
if they're going to make a live action movie, they should remember Van Damme and the nonsense he made, so they don't just mess it up again. Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
if they're going to make a live action movie, they should remember Van Damme and the nonsense he made, so they don't just mess it up again. Lol
The 1994 Street Fighter movie actually has a pretty decent cult following, mostly due to Raul Julia's performance as Bison.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2023
Kaycee7:
The 1994 Street Fighter movie actually has a pretty decent cult following, mostly due to Raul Julia's performance as Bison.
No sh1t. Thought dude was a joke, though he did deliver some amazing quote.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
Kill Boksoon.

Truly, if a woman knows you love her, and she doesn't love you back equally, she might use that love you have for her to exploit you.
Use the weakness of your opponent to defeat him grin Chairman's only weakness was Gil Bok-soon. For Gil, it was all about survival.

I enjoyed every minute of the film. Great movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2023
Baddestguyp:
it's realistic tbh

It was clear even in the beginning of the movie...

She wanted a fair fight against that samurai dude in melee combat...
But when she realized that she couldn't beat him, she tricked him and used a gun grin
No she didn't. She was in a hurry to get back to her daughter.

Y'all should stop dropping spoilers.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:09am On Apr 08, 2023
Ishilove:

Use the weakness of your opponent to defeat him grin Chairman's only weakness was Gil Bok-soon. For Gil, it was all about survival.

I enjoyed every minute of the film. Great movie.
It's a nice movie, Gil is an asshole. Chairman is a wimp.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:10am On Apr 08, 2023
JOKER 2 has wrapped filming.
Scheduled to hit theaters October 4, 2024
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:10am On Apr 08, 2023
Ishilove:

dropping spoilers occasionally is welcomed, you know. 😏
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:13am On Apr 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
No doubt. But why waste time in dueling a guy when you clearly aren't sure you'll win? Why take unnecessary risk? Isn't it more prudent to just end the guy and be done with it?

Even her using a gun on the guy actually caused a media circus. I believe she did all that because she damn well know she will escape being punished.

Gil Boksoon is a woman who is very manipulative, abusive and she likes being in control. Her manipulation and abuse turned the Chairman not only into a simp, but a wimp. She's also an opportunist.
That's not true. She has a very special relationship with the Chairman, and he trained her to be an assassin.

How is Gil abusive? You seem to forget she is a victim of abuse herself, and that led her down the path she took. That's why she tried to raise her daughter differently.

Chairman is no wimp or simp. Did you see him in the Russian job scene, or the MK meeting scene towards the end? That guy is an Asian John Wick.

Abeg be objective. The word 'simp' is grossly abused
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:27am On Apr 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
No sh1t. Thought dude was a joke, though he did deliver some amazing quote.
Especially this iconic one

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2023
Kaycee7:

we gon take everything shaq-fu holds dear - on a tuesday

edit: sheeeeeit - kaycee7 beat me to it angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2023
Ishilove:

That's not true. She has a very special relationship with the Chairman, and he trained her to be an assassin.

How is Gil abusive? You seem to forget she is a victim of abuse herself, and that led her down the path she took. That's why she tried to raise her daughter differently.

Chairman is no wimp or simp. Did you see him in the Russian job scene, or the MK meeting scene towards the end? That guy is an Asian John Wick.

Abeg be objective. The word 'simp' is grossly abused
my dear, I never said simp, I said wimp. And indeed she had a special relationship with the chairman, which is the love she know he had for her. It's the very reason why she flout the rules with reckless abandon knowing the Chairman will be there to protect her.

Just because the chairman is a stone cold killer, and he's pretty good at it, doesn't make him not to be a wimp, he is. You saw how he killed that underage intern just to protect Gil? And he even went against the rules he made himself? Now that's how a wimp behaves. Breaking the rules just to protect someone who doesn't give a crap about you.

Gil being a victim of abuse is what made her to be an asshole, one with feelings for herself and her daughter. You saw how she treated that dude she was shagging? Like a toy to be used and dumped whenever she likes, it's the very reason the dude didn't hesitate to kill her when a contract was placed on her.

Trust me, Gil Boksoon is manipulative, abusive and she likes being in control. Through out the movie the only thing/person she couldn't control is her daughter, who is the only person she truly cares about.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:34am On Apr 08, 2023
Kaycee7:
Especially this iconic one
that's what I call captain level bankai quote. 🙌

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:43am On Apr 08, 2023
Ishilove:

she didn't what?
She clearly saw that she would lose...

It was shown in the reflection on the water
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:49am On Apr 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
my dear, I never said simp, I said wimp. And indeed she had a special relationship with the chairman, which is the love she know he had for her. It's the very reason why she flout the rules with reckless abandon knowing the Chairman will be there to protect her.

Just because the chairman is a stone cold killer, and he's pretty good at it, doesn't make him not to be a wimp, he is. You saw how he killed that underage intern just to protect Gil? And he even went against the rules he made himself? Now that's how a wimp behaves. Breaking the rules just to protect someone who doesn't give a crap about you.

Gil being a victim of abuse is what made her to be an asshole, one with feelings for herself and her daughter. You saw how she treated that dude she was shagging? Like a toy to be used and dumped whenever she likes, it's the very reason the dude didn't hesitate to kill her when a contract was placed on her.

Trust me, Gil Boksoon is manipulative, abusive and she likes being in control. Through out the movie the only thing/person she couldn't control is her daughter, who is the only person she truly cares about.
exactly.
You saw how she tossed money on the bed after sex with him. She treats him like a gigolo

And she knew the reason he wasn't getting promoted was because she was shagging him and the chairman knew
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:
It's safe to say video game adaptations have eclipsed the "curse era" and now a viable genre for studios to explore profitability and quickly acquire built in large fandoms. Reason why I see Netflix and Amazon race to quickly acquire many rights to so many top video game adaptations as strategic and I feel traditional studios are catching on albeit slowly compared to streaming. A very easy way for predominant streamers to level the playing field trad studios possess with the advantages of owning superhero franchises like WB, Disney and Sony.

I have a belief video game adaptations will become Hollywood's easiest cash cows when CBMs starts to wane. That's if they increasingly starts getting it right and pleasing the primary audience first (the fans) and simultaneously doing well with casual audience.

It's evident in the successes of TLOU, Sonic, Detective Pikachu, Mortal Kombat, The Wito come.
i want to see grand theft auto
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 11:05am On Apr 08, 2023
Kaycee7:
we have the cassette in my house
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:19am On Apr 08, 2023
Kaycee7:
"General Bison" grin grin...A Legend...man even had his own currency grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Baddestguyp(m), MitchellK and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.