Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,990 members, 7,845,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3800327 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3498) (3499) (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) ... (3852) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol.... I wonder how people dey stomach CAMrip for this day and age.

I say make I try am with Bullet Train last year... Lai lai, I no even watch reach 1min. Person send me Quantumania few weeks ago before the clear version even available sef... As I say make I preview am, find out say na CAMrip, Omo na delete straight up.

I'm like one of the most patient guy, no matter how I love a movie I will always wait for the Blu-ray or clearer versions to come out before watching the movie even if I have to wait for months.

I don't understand what some people enjoy watching Camrip or other unclear versions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:00am On Apr 29, 2023
Kaycee7:
Omo! Clear road for 2023. The year cinema returned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ikl8vy4zs
Wow! Equalizer 3? I thought everything ended in part 2?

These studios ain't playing, they want to make money by any means. well I'm also glad I will be watching Denzel Washington movie again.
😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2023
sprints1:
very incoherent movie at least I was able to finish it in 7 days. To dey sit watch movie straight this days is very difficult perhaps because am ageing. 5 years ago I could watch two per day. 10 years ago could go up to 5 per day. But now na war to finish one. I never watch john wick finish since 2 weeks ago I don download am
Same thing, their are movies that I downloaded in my hard drive, 100s of them and series that I haven't watched up till now, the only series I've watched from season 1-5 is Merlin, Everybody hate Chris and into the Badlands.

Apart from those 3 series I've never completed any series till the end, I'm still yet to complete The flash, Power and many other series. 😁

Even popular movies like 50 shades of grey that people were hyping back in 2015, I never still watch amβ€”and I downloaded the movie since 2015 oh. πŸ˜‚

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 8:21am On Apr 29, 2023
Ilamina:
What swedish or eastern European movie I can watch
Yay!!! A fellow Swedish and Eastern European movie lover which i've never seen in this thread as it's either praise for Asian and mostly American cinema,glad to see someone that broadens their viewing experience here.
For Swedish,I fully recommend the movie adaptation of Stieg Larsson's millennium books starting with the swedish version of the girl with the dragon tattoo starring my girl Noomi Rapace, it's far better than Finch's version that will come years later, can't say the same for the two sequels though

Also, it's super old but 1963's Passenger is one movie I will always beg every Eastern European movie lover to watch although the director Andrzej Munk died in a accident during production but it tops Schindler's list for me for movies broaching the subject of the Holocaust especially it being Polish

The painted bird is another masterpiece. Hands down,my favourite movie of 2019,shot in black and white and stars some American faces like Stellan Skarsgard,Harvey Keitel and my man who's beginning to get his flowers at 78 Udo Kier......I'm just gonna say it's not for the fainthearted
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by finalboss(m): 8:23am On Apr 29, 2023
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ The Diplomat S01 (2023) = 5/10 ❌

Poor acting. The ambassador Kate Wyler was just too dramatic for no reason.

You don't know the difference between series and movie? How old are you ? Or you think it's cool ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Realmrsean: 8:53am On Apr 29, 2023
Wandering earth 🌍 2 .. 9/10

Mehn the Chinese are fast closing the gaps on Hollywood especially when it comes to sci Fi

See the level and gap 🎚️ the world 🌍 has gone past Africa in science πŸ”­ and technology 🀦

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2023
ATLA Movie
Releases in cinemas October 10, 2025

New poster looks even more anime-like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Perhaps you aren't attracted to skinny girls.

Lol, not really. I make a few exceptions tho once in a while. grin grin
As long as you got nice titties, ALL can be forgiven. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:25am On Apr 29, 2023
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2023
abduleez1:
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
what is so special about a character telling another character fvck you?

Why are they making a big deal out of it?

Modified: I forgot Marvel makes children movie...words like "fvck you" are not allowed in children media undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, not really. I make a few exceptions tho once in a while. grin grin
As long as you got nice titties, ALL can be forgiven. grin grin
Anya Taylor-Joy is slim and she doesn't have titties.
Be like say she don lock you inside bottle
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2023
phr0nesis:

Anya Taylor-Joy is slim and she doesn't have titties.
Be like say she don lock you inside bottle

Lol, I said rare case exceptions are made. grin
Ana De Armas, Margot Robbie, Gal Gadot etc no get breast at all but they still whole lotta attractive.

If you get the gist..... 😎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2023
Things I Love to see....😍🀩

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, I said rare case exceptions are made. grin
Ana De Armas, Margot Robbie, Gal Gadot etc no get breast at all but they still whole lotta attractive.

If you get the gist..... 😎
I get the gist bro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:59am On Apr 29, 2023
°°

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
armadeo:

My name is Darren and I'm not a DIC!!!!!!!!

Nonsense
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
oyaskii:
"RE: Schindler's List" (1993)

"Oskar, there are eleven hundred people who are alive because of you. Look at them!"

This is by a long stretch, one of the most powerful, emotional, profoundly movie to ever grace the cinema. I personally think, it is Steven Spielberg finest work on motion picture. The sheer care and dedication with which this film was made, points to the fact that, it was made by a austute film maker at the pinnacle of his artistry.

The "Holocaust" subject matter, has seen so many take by so many media but the level of precision, expertise, dexterity and commitment shown by this particular take, shoots it into a league of it's own. The emtional impulse and impassioned tone is so perfectly weighted for it's long runtime. Makes your stomach turn for what the Third Reich were doing to the Jews whilst your eyes and heart still bear hope for some relief by the lead cast.

Set around the Peak of powers of the "Third Reich" in WW II, it tells the story of Oskar Schindler, a "humble" business-man and a loyalist to the "FuhrΓ«r" much largely by default rather than choice, who visits Nazi controlled Poland, simply looking to profit off the spoils of the war, by employing Jews who where ready to work for Nazi's as it was a much better fate than been sent to a concentration camp. After Schindler sees the evil metted out by his own people on the Jews, he has a change of heart, and he his determined to save as many Jews as possible from been sent to concentration camps.

The performances of the cast was top notch. The trio of Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley and Ralph Fiennes deserves special praises. Liam Neeson killed it as "Oskar Schindler", started off carefree somewhat but quickly grew into the emotional tone the character required, Ben Kingsley as "Itzhak Stern" typically mirrored how a Jew under Nazi occupation would be, anxious, timid and afraid whilst wondering if he will wake up at Auschwitz the next day. Ralph Fiennes as SS officer "Amon GoΓ«th", a cold, sadistic and pyscopathic performance that will make even "Lord Voldemort" shiver. They interpreted the screenplay with great delicacy. A good screenplay too i must add, so good that it gave great depths to each character's arc whilst carefully hiding the actual brutality and violence that preceds the actual holocaust, they are still some minor scenes to make one's stomach turn, but they are important to properly tell the narrative.

The production value is of the finest quality. The cinematography is breathtaking, shot in 98% black and white to carry the gloomy tone and also give it a timeless feel. I am not a fan of movies with absurdly long runtime, but i was perfectly at home with the 3hrs 15mins run time of this, it never became a chore as the drama is expertly paced, resolute in bringing the bone chilling horrors of the Holocaust with John Williams composing a score of beauty and sadness that completely elevates the scenes to depressing level but one of the finest in motion picture history.

All in All, It is beautiful film but not in the context of the story it's trying to tell. The impeccable direction, fantastic writing, stellar performance by the cast and the stunning cinematography makes for a supreme motio picture. One for the ages, the very detailed historical account of this significant event in modern history ensures that this movie will continue be revelant for years and years to come.

A+.

Here is a Pic of the real Oskar Schindler mobbed by Jewish Holocaust survivors in Jerusalem, in 1962.

He remains the only Nazi to be buried in one of the holiest and most sacred Jewish site, "Mount Zion" in Jerusalem.

This fascinating Irony echoes through time and humanity.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Same thing, their are movies that I downloaded in my hard drive, 100s of them and series that I haven't watched up till now, the only series I've watched from season 1-5 is Merlin, Everybody hate Chris and into the Badlands.

Apart from those 3 series I've never completed any series till the end, I'm still yet to complete The flash, Power and many other series. 😁

Even popular movies like 50 shades of grey that people were hyping back in 2015, I never still watch amβ€”and I downloaded the movie since 2015 oh. πŸ˜‚

seems we are alike my transcend 1GB hard drive just get movies wet I never watch to cap it I still download movies I have not watched I downloaded like 20 movies since February I never watch pass 3. Carol by cate Blanchet and cymbelime by Ed Harris since 2015/2016 I never watch am. Even one alien movie by Amy schuamer I never watch am. Even green arrow season film I never finish am. Na season 7 I still dey even Grimm the same thing. Na only merlin prison break and legend of the seeker I don watch finish. And telemundo' behind close doors. Money heist just dey waste for my system.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
oyaskii:
Here is a Pic of the real Oskar Schindler mobbed by Jewish Holocaust survivors in Jerusalem, in 1962.

He remains the only Nazi to be buried in one of the holiest and most sacred Jewish site, "Mount Zion" in Jerusalem.

This fascinating Irony echoes through time and humanity.
Havent seen this movie yet. I think I'll give it a try.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
Who taps out first?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
10thDentist:
Who taps out first?

Doomsday

Only to come back immune to what he tapped out to before.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LeopardX: 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
PurpLChi:

Doomsday

Lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
PurpLChi:

Doomsday

The coming back takes time

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
phr0nesis:

The coming back takes time

Nope not really
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
The Departed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
10thDentist:
Who taps out first?

Hulk is the weakest. Then Doomsday.

Juggernaut's weakness is only to mutants with mental power WHEN HIS HELMET IS OFF. Unlike hulk and Doomsday, he has no limit.

Hyperion is space superman on galactic steroids.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2023
AmyHicks:

cool horror movie for a friday night)
Horror?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Juggernaut's weakness is only to mutants with mental power WHEN HIS HELMET IS OFF. Unlike hulk and Doomsday, he has no limit.

Hulk is probably the strongest there, that’s world breaker hulk in the picture.

And that’s Sentry not Hyperion.

This is a fight that will likely go on forever since none of them will die

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
sprints1:
seems we are alike my transcend 1GB hard drive just get movies wet I never watch to cap it I still download movies I have not watched I downloaded like 20 movies since February I never watch pass 3. Carol by cate Blanchet and cymbelime by Ed Harris since 2015/2016 I never watch am. Even one alien movie by Amy schuamer I never watch am. Even green arrow season film I never finish am. Na season 7 I still dey even Grimm the same thing. Na only merlin prison break and legend of the seeker I don watch finish. And telemundo' behind close doors. Money heist just dey waste for my system.

1GB Transcend harddrive abi na 1TB? 😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Lol, I actually think Juggernaut is the weakest here.

And it's Sentry like Nick pointed out. It's mostly a stalemate as it's an eternal battle.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lol, Kaycee7 just dey collect am nonstop... 😁😁

Japan just join this Friday. Up next is Korea. πŸ˜‰
The fire billion dollar film of the year.

Universal has somehow eclipsed Disney in the animation business. Sadly, scenarios like these is what will definitely push Disney more to double down on their live action remake and possibly increase sequels to previous successful movies.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
NaijaMemes:

wrong everywhere.

Physically Hulk is the strongest there, Doomsday is the weakest.
Juggernaut's weakness is not only to mind control, he can and has been stopped physically.
That's not Hyperion, that's Sentry.
Hyperion is not Superman on galactic steroids, he is weaker.

You're welcome

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3498) (3499) (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) ... (3852) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Chibudollar, Illusioneffect(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.