Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754639 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 7:26am On Nov 21, 2023
oyaskii:
lol "Past Lives" "Best Picture" shout might be a long stretch, cuz I'm not sure those Oscar goons will allow indie gems from one studio win back to back Best Picture. But it is definitely up for Best actress, best director and best original screenplay, these are tenable for it. If A24 are feeling lucky, they can "sell" it as a foreign language film and they will have a shot at that.

I don't want to jump the gun here, but I'm like 60% confident that Best Picture is between Barbie and Oppenheimer, not necessarily for the film itself, but the build up and them releasing the same day might be the biggest rizz, Hollywood has seen in years. Barbenheimer was such a pop culture phenomenal, their are chatters in some quarters that it surpassed, "the BB finale" and "The Red Lady resurrecting Jon Snow" moment in recent pop culture history...it was that big! Just look at the wiki page! Yeah, no movie is touching those 2 for best picture. KOTFM would have tried, the marketing of that get as e be.

But "Past lives" is/was one of my fave films from this year, i am hoping i can do a top 10 list this year, it would be right up there.. special special film 💚🌟

I feel past lives might get nominated for best picture. I still see posts about it on twitter, Facebook and TikTok tipping it for an academy award.

The major backlash it’s getting now is that it’s almost a copy of an Indian film “96” made as far back as 2018. Past lives writer tweaked the “96” story a little bit to have their own version.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2023
toluxe0075:

I feel past lives might get nominated for best picture. I still see posts about it on twitter, Facebook and TikTok tipping it for an academy award.

The major backlash it’s getting now is that it’s almost a copy of an Indian film “96” made as far back as 2018. Past lives writer tweaked the “96” story a little bit to have their own version.
It will most likely get nominated, but winning it, is another matter all together as there are some many factors in play riding against it, and i for one, don't think the film's message or theme is "socially conscious" enough to get best picture.

The little matter of it not been an original screenplay with the "'96" issue is also there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 7:44am On Nov 21, 2023
We have our Lex Luthor!!!

As Baba no work for Batman, what better that to be Superman's arch nemesis. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 7:46am On Nov 21, 2023
This people no go allow Matt Damon rest with this franchise.
I don't know what story they want to tell again about Jason Bourne but more Bourne films is appreciated nonetheless.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:31am On Nov 21, 2023
MCU might have done indelible damage to the superheroes lore with the nonestop nonsense they have been for the past 2 years.

But takes like this irks me, like let's us all pretend like "CBM" didn't hold the industry down from like 2008 to 2019 at the very least, like people were not packing cinema halls full to see these movies, like multiple CBM released didn't earn 1 bn greens or more, like "infinity war and Endgame" weren't world event on their premiere dates!. It this wasn't "Real Cinema" then what actually is??

I like Martin Scorsese but and i have tried to find a reason to defend these statements and his obsession with CBM not being "real movies" but I can't really find a tangible reason, so i think him and the industry might be jealous of the overwhelming success of the CBM in recent times.

Variety is the spice of life, and these "arsty" flicks and CBM flicks can actually exist side by side.
I want to know why someone killed native Americans in Osage county but i also want to see Batman beat the sh&t out of gotham and Arkham insane inmates too 😒

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:53am On Nov 21, 2023
oyaskii:
MCU might have done indelible damage to the superheroes lore with the nonestop nonsense they have been for the past 2 years.

But takes like this irks me, like let's us all pretend like "CBM" didn't hold the industry down from like 2008 to 2019 at the very least, like people were not packing cinema halls full to see these movies, like multiple CBM released didn't earn 1 bn greens or more, like "infinity war and Endgame" weren't world event on their premiere dates!. It this wasn't "Real Cinema" then what actually is??

I like Martin Scorsese but and i have tried to find a reason to defend these statements and his obsession with CBM not being "real movies" but I can't really find a tangible reason, so i think him and the industry might be jealous of the overwhelming success of the CBM in recent times.

Variety is the spice of life, and these "arsty" flicks and CBM flicks can actually exist side by side.
I want to know why someone killed native Americans in Osage county but i also want to see Batman beat the sh&t out of gotham and Arkham insane inmates too 😒

he's similar to the people who believe animation is for kids.
They have this old mindset but it's their preference anyway.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:21am On Nov 21, 2023
oyaskii:

I think say na only me see this nonsense today.

The plausible explanation I'll chalk this to is plain jealousy.

That's why weirdly somehow they all flock to Chris Nolan and praise him cos he's the ONLY remaining auteur artist with similar pedigree as them that could fill up theatres just with his name alone. They also tend to forget he has CBM history too when they start their CBM bashing.

Imagine a probably once in a lifetime performance from Di Caprio and a massive project from Scorcese with over $200mn struggling to even make back it's budget at the box office.
Of course, they'll be envious and pained.

Even the said worst of the worst of CBMs in its weakest time in history still make their budgets and some more.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2023
Lily Rose Depp..... Never thought I'd see this name on a major movie for a while. grin grin

But Robert Eggers name on the director chair? He's one new rising and promising filmmaker I like seeing.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oastechltd: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2023
oastechltd:
Qidianz Smart TV Box with Android 12 operating system, 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage, Media Player, Quad-core 64-bit Processor, support 4K, 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz, WiFi6, Bluetooth 5

0808 119 1233
IKEJA, LAGOS
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LeilaMA: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2023
For thoses who know about Canal+ and know about french series, i recommand these series on canal+, some are french, some are english source.
https://dvdfab.fr/resource/video/les-meilleures-canal-serie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
Lily Rose Depp..... Never thought I'd see this name on a major movie for a while. grin grin

But Robert Eggers name on the director chair? He's one new rising and promising filmmaker I like seeing.
I was thinking it's the sequel to Last Voyage of the Demeter, only for me to check on Google and end up disappointed.

Honestly, that movie needs a sequel. However, this looks promising. Atleast from the way I see it, they want to focus on the story/plot and less peeshun peeshun.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
joseph1832:
I was thinking it's the sequel to Last Voyage of the Demeter, only for me to check on Google and end up disappointed.

Honestly, that movie needs a sequel. However, this looks promising. Atleast from the way I see it, they want to focus on the story/plot and less peeshun peeshun.

Lol, this is a reboot or reimagination of the 1920s NOSFERATU movie. Prolly the first Dracula adaptation.

On the story, Robert Eggers has never really been one for all out action. He's more on characters and plot. Even on The Northman, man found a way to make it even boring for most people with the unorthodox style of storytelling. And many people were expecting hardcore action like all recent Vikings adaptation. 😂😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
We have our Lex Luthor!!!

As Baba no work for Batman, what better that to be Superman's arch nemesis. grin grin
Didn’t he audition for the same Superman role?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by antoniowilliams: 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
I recently purchased the T1 Uniform Jacket, and I must say, it has exceeded all my expectations. The ordering process was smooth, and the jacket arrived promptly. The packaging was secure, ensuring that the product reached me in pristine condition. T1 Uniform Jacket
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
Not a bad idea.

At least she should be nàked right? 😏

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
Didn’t he audition for the same Superman role?

Yeah. He first auditioned for Robert Pattinson's The Batman, he lost. He auditioned for this Superman. Same result.

I reckon this will be a good motivation for an origin villain story. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
oyetpel:
This place still haven't gotten any better, chit chats everywhere instead of rating and dropping movie reviews for people like us to pick from and download.
Toor

I dislike post like this. Oga, nobody owes you nothing. Nothing. Nada. Zilch!! You won't drop movie reviews. You won't drop ratings. You sit in your room and expect others to do the job for you while you "pick from and download" because you've seen slaves/professional movie critics? Or because you're a movie god we'd cater for?

Do you have boils on your hands or are you visually impaired that stops you from dropping your reviews or rating movies or seeing movies and talking about it?

You won't add to the thread, but use your scrawny fingers to chat shît about few others that strive to keep this thread moving. GTFOH!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Yeah. He first auditioned for Robert Pattinson's The Batman, he lost. He auditioned for this Superman. Same result.

I reckon this will be a good motivation for an origin villain story. grin grin
…Die a hero or live long enough to become the villain grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
Nickshrapnel:

You get it.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
Just like Cillian Murphy who missed the role of Batman, but ended being The Scarecrow in Nolan's Batman trilogy. Even though his roles weren't necessary, they still fixed him there
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
This people na premium clowns. That's how they were making a positive spin for Mission Impossible 7 with a $300mn budget for a $570mn global gross.

Exactly the same clowns that was putting a negative spin on THE HUNGER GAMES few days ago for a $45-50mn 3-day opening weekend, for a $100mn movie.

How is this good for a $200mn film with $50mn for a 5-day OW??
Seems the rules are different for everyone. 🙃🙃

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thazard(m): 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2023
[quote author=Baddestguyp post=127089754]Not a bad idea.
At least she should be nàked right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2023
Beorn:

I dislike post like this. Oga, nobody owes you nothing. Nothing. Nada. Zilch!! You won't drop movie reviews. You won't drop ratings. You sit in your room and expect others to do the job for you while you "pick from and download" because you've seen slaves/professional movie critics? Or because you're a movie god we'd cater for?

Do you have boils on your hands or are you visually impaired that stops you from dropping your reviews or rating movies or seeing movies and talking about it?

You won't add to the thread, but use your scrawny fingers to chat shît about few others that strive to keep this thread moving. GTFOH!!
you bodied the clôwn grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

she related to johnny??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you bodied bloodied the clôwn grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 11:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
Silentgroper:
she related to johnny??

She's his Daughter. grin grin

You should check her out in The Idol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

She's his Daughter. grin grin

You should check her out in The Idol.

The idol

the TV show??

Or is it the TV series??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 11:55pm On Nov 21, 2023
Silentgroper:

The idol

the TV show??

Or is it the TV series??

Yes, the TV show.

Uhm, TV series and TV shows are one and the same. Prolly a mistake.

I dunno if the show is your thing tho. I was only suggesting it if you're curious of her acting chops and her most recent work was that controversial project. And well uh, the copious nud!ty from Lily Rose Depp. You go see bress taya. 👀👀
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 12:03am On Nov 22, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Yes, the TV show.

Uhm, TV series and TV shows are one and the same. Prolly a mistake.

I dunno if the show is your thing tho. I was only suggesting it if you're curious of her acting chops and her most recent work was that controversial project. And well uh, the copious nud!ty from Lily Rose Depp. You go see bress taya. 👀👀

make I go see am ...how old Is she??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:19am On Nov 22, 2023
Silentgroper:

make I go see am ...how old Is she??

I really don't know. Probably early 20s. I believe she's old enough for HBO to showcase that much amount of nudity throughout.

It actually got to a point where the nudity became boring cos person don see the same bress numerous times it had lost the initial effect. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:45am On Nov 22, 2023
James Gunn continues to cook with his casting... 🤩

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 3:13am On Nov 22, 2023
Beorn:

Lol, Beorn, you didn't remember me.
I drop movies ratings and reviews here wella.
I think I stopped last year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: mindsta(m), Archtype(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.