Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3756087 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) (3742) (3743) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2023
anybody don watch Deliver us ?

is it any good? I no wan waste data
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 1:21am On Nov 27, 2023
War of the worlds 2005

8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by drizzle0007(m): 1:53am On Nov 27, 2023
nani667:
⬇️⬇️⬇️

One of the most mind Bleep movies I've watched. Couldn't even describe my emotions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PinkNature: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2023
Seems like Oppenheimer just got to Nigeria?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Pinkeyes: 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Saturnalia:

I won’t judge you because I don’t judge people.

It is understandable that some people’s brain are wired to only assimilate Nollywood & Bollywood movies, and when such people watch classic Hollywood masterpieces, their brains would never comprehend a single thing.

For example, 2004 was the last time I watched any Nollywood movie (both English & Yoruba) because their plots & themes are so similar, watery & predictable.

Another example, Nollywood movies would be playing Buga by Kizz Daniels or Davido’s Away not because those music go with the senseless story they are telling but because those songs are currently trending all over the Country.

Bollywood movies on the other hand would produce a movie with a run time of 3hours and spend half of that time to be singing & dancing to incomprehensible songs.

While I admit that I still have “3 idiots” and “RRR” in my archive, I can never add any Nollywood movie into my library even if it is produced & directed by Steven Spielberg or James Cameron - because 97% of their movies are ALWAYS centered on Cultism, Prostitution, Armed Robbery, Money Ritual & Clubbing.

Although, there have been countless instances where some highly overhyped movies turn out to be complete disappointments but calling every commenter on this thread a liar is insulting.

One man’s meat is another man’s poison. Drop your ratings on movies in this thread and move on.

BTW, Oppenheimer is a masterpiece. The film sweet die! grin

If you still think of Bollywood the way you portray it then you know nothing about good movies.

Am not a fan of Nollywood but i rather watch their overhyped movie that waste my brain cells on 99% of Hollywood and their senseless superhero and sci- Fi scripts.

One man meat is another man poison drop your ratings on any movie industry and move on.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
nani667:
⬇️⬇️⬇️

Sick movie. No rewatch value though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Saturnalia(m): 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Pinkeyes:

If you still think of Bollywood the way you portray it then you know nothing about good movies.

Am not a fan of Nollywood but i rather watch their overhyped movie that waste my brain cells on 99% of Hollywood and their senseless superhero and sci- Fi scripts.

One man meat is another man poison drop your ratings on any movie industry and move on.

Good for you. You shouldn’t even be telling me because nothing you or anybody tells me can change my mind about the kind of movies I love to watch.

Stick with your Nollywood and I’ll stick with my Hollywood, no be fight - Shikena!

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
armadeo:

Sick movie. No rewatch value though.
how sick? The ratings aren't saying much...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PedoBear: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tampopo by Juzo itami 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Sometimes I just think no idea in Hollywood can be new again, I don't know if anyone here gets what I am saying. like no matter what you write as a new movie, someone has probably written same thing before.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Chibudollar:
Sometimes I just think no idea in Hollywood can be new again, I don't know if anyone here gets what I am saying. like no matter what you write as a new movie, someone has probably written same thing before.
Not really. Or maybe partially true.

You can still write unique stories. Of course there can be some similarities with existing concepts but it's still unique...

The issue is Hollywood just doesn't take risks again. Nowadays it's the same rinse and repeat.

Compare to old movies that took risks...

I watched the Scott Pilgrim movie this weekend for instance...and what crossed my mind was how we don't get movies like that again...

Same feeling you get when you watch some older Hollywood movies...

Some of these movies were box office bombs back in their days but are so refreshing when you watch them now...

Present Hollywood does not want to take risks with new concepts...instead they'll splash 200m on the same old overused ideas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 8:00am On Nov 29, 2023
Chibudollar:

That you are not explorative doesn’t mean you should generalize. Hollywood brings up something new every once in a while. Everything everywhere all at once is a concept that has never been produced before. Same goes with Oppenheimer and so many other countless movies. Don’t be small minded

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 8:12am On Nov 29, 2023
StPete:

That you are not explorative doesn’t mean you should generalize. Hollywood brings up something new every once in a while. Everything everywhere all at once is a concept that has never been produced before. Same goes with Oppenheimer and so many other countless movies. Don’t be small minded

While you are mostly right, the only part I disagree with you is about the originality of "everything everywhere at once". The concept of multiverses, alternate timelines and different consciousness etc have been done before.

The main thing is that you are right. Hollywood keeps bringing new ideas.

We had inception in 2010. Then We had predestination in 2014. Also remember tenet

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2023
ShaqFu:
how sick? The ratings aren't saying much...

More Of a psychological thriller .

Can't remember much of the story but I was interested through out to see the end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2023
NaijaMemes:

While you are mostly right, the only part I disagree with you is about the originality of "everything everywhere at once". The concept of multiverses, alternate timelines and different consciousness etc have been done before.

The main thing is that you are right. Hollywood keeps bringing new ideas.

We had inception in 2010. Then We had predestination in 2014. Also remember tenet

Hollywood has been bereft of new ideas probably since its inception.Too many concepts copied from other sources.The industry does know how to package,market and sell its remixed product though.
Tenet reminds one of Memento 1999 which reminds one of The Parallax View 1974.
The Matrix 1999 reminds one of Blade 1998,Dark City 1998,eXistenZ 1998,Ghost In The Shell 1995 and Strange Days 1995.
I have not watched Predestination yet but its concept will surely be copied from/based on a different source.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2023
🎥 The Glory S01 (2022) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by I8id(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2023
Who have seen "the book of clarence" it looks promising
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kevineleven(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
Funjosh:

My goodness, which of the Oppenheimer did you watched, well we all have our taste of movies anyway so I won't blame you much.
He must have watched opiomhammer, stay away from opiom, they will not hear.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
Miggs:

Hollywood has been bereft of new ideas probably since its inception.Too many concepts copied from other sources.The industry does know how to package,market and sell its remixed product though.
Tenet reminds one of Memento 1999 which reminds one of The Parallax View 1974.
The Matrix 1999 reminds one of Blade 1998,Dark City 1998,eXistenZ 1998,Ghost In The Shell 1995 and Strange Days 1995.
I have not watched Predestination yet but its concept will surely be copied from/based on a different source.

Tenet and Memento are so different.

Why not tackle inception? Dream within a dream.

The matrix's core concept was original. So much so that its inspiration (Ghost in the shell) is remarkably different from it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Tenet and Memento are so different.

Why not tackle inception? Dream within a dream.

The matrix's core concept was original. So much so that its inspiration (Ghost in the shell) is remarkably different from it.

The dream within a dream concept?
There exists eXistenZ 1998 which i am sure copied its style from another artistes' work.

Some scholars have argued that this situation is now more prevalent because art is now in the "post modernism era" which is a claim that no piece of art is original and all artistes are cross-inspired by other artistes;past & present.Post modernism leads to amazing art like The Matrix but it also creates similarity in artistic styles & concepts.
It doesnt really matter though,Hollywood really only cares about the profit margin from its product.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
alexxxxxx:
Can anyone recommend a decent thriller?
Perfume: The Story of A Murderer.

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
A Haunting in Venice.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by timidapsin(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
cao:
A Haunting in Venice.
this movie is nice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:08am On Nov 30, 2023
joseph1832:
Perfume: The Story of A Murderer.

Thank me later.

This is another sick movie. But better than vivarium.

It was weird and captivating at the same time.

Nice.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:14am On Nov 30, 2023
armadeo:

Nice.
What's up with you and "sick movies". Just come clean and tell what they truly are; Terribly fvcked up movies

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2023
I was browsing YouTube yesterday and I stumbled upon this page called omeleto, they upload short movies. Dope ass short movies. Na there I sleep throughout yesterday night.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
armadeo:

Nice.
this is one movie I'll never forget in a hurry.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
🎥 Freelance (2023) = 3/10 ❌

🚮 Trash. John Cena should just stick to wrestling, he's a terrible actor.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2023
Chibudollar:
I was browsing YouTube yesterday and I stumbled upon this page called omeleto, they upload short movies. Dope ass short movies. Na there I sleep throughout yesterday night.
Omeleto go ruin your career. Remember losing the better part of a working day and a good chunk of data just because I kept wanting to check out "just one more movie"

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
Omeleto go ruin your career. Remember losing the better part of a working day and a good chunk of data just because I kept wanting to check out "just one more movie"
bruhhh facts. They have amazing short movies on there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) (3742) (3743) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.