Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3838685 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) ... (3865) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
Are you sure you know the difference between a sequence and a scene?

Lol. I expected that. I modified my previous comment. look it up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2018
joeace2001:

It depends though. A good writer can spin a crazy sequel from this first one. Many of the good movies we remember were supposed to be standalone movies but the reception forced the producer's hand and the resultant sequels dwarfed the original ones. Anyway if this one ends here, then kudos to them. For once, an unpredictable sci-fi movie.

there have been unpredictable sci-fi movies before although not as straight forward.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
DandeNumeruno:

You have to understand this scenes are shot separately and independent of each other and then were glued together via editing.
Dude, if you judge one-on-one action by scenes, then every action ever shot is one-on-one action. There is a reason why GotG, Iron Man, Dr Strange and Spiderman Vs Thanos is dubbed "The Fight On Titan". You break it up, it becomes Thanos Vs Drax, then Thanos Vs Dr Strange, then Thanos Vs Iron Man, Thanos Vs Mantis, Thanos Vs Star Lord, Thanos Vs Spiderman, Thanos Vs Iron Man again, Thanos Vs Dr Strange again. You're trying to break up an action sequence into its individual scenes so that you can pit it against Ugrade's action sequences.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
Dude, if you judge one-on-one action by scenes, then every action ever shot is one-on-one action. There is a reason why GotG, Iron Man, Dr Strange and Spiderman Vs Thanos is dubbed "The Fight On Titan". You break it up, it becomes Thanos Vs Drax, then Thanos Vs Dr Strange, then Thanos Vs Iron Man, Thanos Vs Mantis, Thanos Vs Star Lord, Thanos Vs Spiderman, Thanos Vs Iron Man again, Thanos Vs Dr Strange again. You're trying to break up an action sequence into its individual scenes so that you can pit it against Ugrade's action sequences.

Now you get it. There are a lot of one on ones if you go technical.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
DandeNumeruno:

Now you get it. There are a lot of one on ones if you go technical.
You don't get it. It's not a viable comparison. You can't pit action sequences against action scenes. Look for a better movie to compare Uprade's action sequences.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hmmm. Upgrade is still breaking hearts. Even Ishilove wey no like sci-fi dey grovel with the rest. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
You don't get it. It's not a viable comparison. You can't pit action sequences against action scenes. Look for a better movie to compare Uprade's action sequences.

Sez who. who made that rule? if a combination of action scenes make up an action sequence, why is it not 'viable' to break them up individually? show me where it is written and I will shut up. even in maths you can break up fractions to the simplest form. or is that not viable too?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
DandeNumeruno:

Sez who. who made that rule? if a combination of action scenes make up an action sequence, why is it not 'viable' to break them up individually? show me where it is written and I will shut up. even in maths you can break up fractions to the simplest form. or is that not viable too?
But you're comparing fractions to a whole number? And the embarrassing thing is, some of the fractions are beating the whole number.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
But you're comparing fractions to a whole number? And the embarrassing thing is, some of the fractions are beating the whole number.

but I'm not the one comparing fractions to a whole number. I know that's stupid so I broke down the fractions to their nearest whole numbers. then you came with rules that it's not viable to break down fractions. I'm not at fault here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2018
For me , upgrade is just an average movie, a 6.5 rating . It is the type of movie with less engaging plot that one just have to keep watching and keep asking where is it heading, and at the end, it leaves you with this kind of "oh so this is it" feelings. But the only saving grace of this movie is twist at the end, which leaves no big impression on me, and thus, makes no difference to me. Unusual suspect fall into this category, but has more engaging plot right from the beginning till the end.

Besides, the fight scenes in the movie are not as incredible as it's painted here, someone even compared the fight scenes with matrix, kilode!!! The movie only has two or three scenes of hand to hand fights that are few seconds long and easily forgettable unlike matrix.

Another movie that left me with this type of feeling is ex machina movie, where it turned out the robot was playing on the emotions of the invited guy just to get away from the facility to the real world.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
DandeNumeruno:

but I'm not the one comparing fractions to a whole number. I know that's stupid so I broke down the fractions to their nearest whole numbers. then you came with rules that it's not viable to break down fractions. I'm not at fault here.
I never said you couldn't break down fractions. I just pointed out that you were breaking whole numbers into fractions and comparing the fractions individually with a whole number.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
toluxe0075:
For me , upgrade is just an average movie, a 6.5 rating . It is the type of movie with less engaging plot that one just have to keep watching and keep asking where is it heading, and at the end, it leaves you with this kind of "oh so this is it" feelings. But the only saving grace of this movie is twist at the end, which leaves no big impression on me, and thus, makes no difference to me. Unusual suspect fall into this category, but has more engaging plot right from the beginning till the end.

Besides, the fight scenes in the movie are not as incredible as it's painted here, someone even compared the fight scenes with matrix, kilode!!! The movie only has two or three scenes of hand to hand fights that are few seconds long and easily forgettable unlike matrix.

Another movie that left me with this type of feeling is ex machina movie, where it turned out the robot was playing on the emotions of the invited guy just to get away from the facility to the real world.
Why so serious? Did they already spoil the movie for you on this page?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
toluxe0075:

A refreshing contrasting opinion. I think we ruined it for you. If you had gone in blind (like I did), mayhaps it might have turned out differently for you?

I concur on Matrix fight scenes. Neo and Mr Smith train station fight scene is the best I've ever seen till date.

Matrix is expensively made though. Upgrade isn't. From the beginning, the plot's intention is apparent. It's out to tell a story set in a futuristic dystopian Earth. It's a story we've all seen before, but here's the twist; the protagonist is something/someone we never imagine it/him to be. The protagonist is an AI. It/He's also the antagonist. I think this is what makes Upgrade special and differentiates it from other dystopian sci-fi flicks. The plot's a double edged sword. A great piece of artistry went into the scripting and shooting, esp when you take into account the movie cost less than $15 million (after taxes) to make.

I concur on Ex Machina. When I first watched Upgrade, I remembered thinking how it's theme is very much like the former's.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
I never said you couldn't break down fractions. I just pointed out that you were breaking whole numbers into fractions and comparing the fractions individually with a whole number.

We're at an impasse. let's just agree to disagree. I know I'm in the right though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2018
toluxe0075:

How dare you give Upgrade a 6.5? tell me where you live, I just wanna talk.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

A refreshing contrasting opinion. I think we ruined it for you. If you had gone in blind (like I did), mayhaps it might have turned out differently for you?

I concur on Matrix fight scenes. Neo and Mr Smith train station fight scene is the best I've ever seen till date.

Matrix is expensively made though. Upgrade isn't. From the beginning, the plot's intention is apparent. It's out to tell a story set in a futuristic dystopian Earth. It's a story we've all seen before, but here's the twist; the protagonist is something/someone we never imagine it/him to be. The protagonist is an AI. It/He's also the antagonist. I think this is what makes Upgrade special and differentiates it from other dystopian sci-fi flicks. The plot's a double edged sword. A great piece of artistry went into the scripting and shooting, esp when you take into account the movie cost less than $15 million (after taxes) to make.

I concur on Ex Machina. When I first watched Upgrade, I remembered thinking how it's theme is very much like the former's.

I guess I expected too much from the movie based on the reviews I got from this thread.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
toluxe0075:

I guess I expected too much from the movie based on the reviews I got from this thread.

I figured.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
DandeNumeruno:

We're at an impasse. let's just agree to disagree. I know I'm in the right though.
grin grin Let's meet in the middle and say I'm right.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
King of Thieves.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bolagabriella: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
For me:

No big deal in upgrade

Avengers infinity war is dope.

angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Hmmm. Upgrade is still breaking hearts. Even Ishilove wey no like sci-fi dey grovel with the rest. cheesy
grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
JeromeBlack:
It must be a Nigerian thing where people cannot give a simple analysis.

Deadpool and Antman are action comedies. You should understand that you are biased naturally against these movies if you don't like comedy. So before you rate such movies, you should consider your bias.

Then we also have the issue of people comparing infinity war to uphrade. Really?

Honestly, it's shocking to say the least. Guaranteed that Upgrade is a very intelligent movie which punched above its weight, but to rate it above or compare it with Avengers Infinity War is the zenith of comedy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bryan12(m): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2018
toluxe0075:

You said it all.
The hype too much abeg
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by godsonarablord: 12:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Olisa4all:
Spectral

It's among my Top 10 Best Sci-fi / Action film 2016
The movie was better than some movies in 2016 Box-Office.

Soldiers battle supernatural forces (Ghost) that are threatening to overwhelm New York City.

It's a most See for Sci-fi/Action fans

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:50am On Sep 05, 2018
godsonarablord:

Soldiers battle supernatural forces (Ghost) that are threatening to overwhelm New York City.

a state of matter that isn't solid, liquid or gas but had its own distinctive properties (ability not to pass through ceramic).... 7/10.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 1:52am On Sep 05, 2018
Watchmen. 8.5/10.

Really love this movie. Had to rewatch it again to fully understand it better.

Rorschach Journal. "Tonight a comedian is killed in New York"... wow!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 2:14am On Sep 05, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

matrixs fight scenes were mad and fantastic but don't forget captain america: winter soldier bucky Barnes vs Steve rodgers that bridge fight was dope
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 3:22am On Sep 05, 2018
SalomonKane:
Watchmen. 8.5/10.

Really love this movie. Had to rewatch it again to fully understand it better.

Rorschach Journal. "Tonight a comedian is killed in New York"... wow!

Get ready for the series
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 3:23am On Sep 05, 2018
Please which website can I download guardians of the Galaxy 2 from ?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by godsonarablord: 6:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Galapagous:

a state of matter that isn't solid, liquid or gas but had its own distinctive properties (ability not to pass through ceramic).... 7/10.

while watching the movie, I asked myself, how would these soldiers kill what they can't see or feel?
At that moment I just say thank God I no dey for the movie grin..
where got me worried again was the Armored Tank Scene
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dayveed1(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
godsonarablord:

downloading ASAP.. My kind of movie �
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by godsonarablord: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2018
dayveed1:
downloading ASAP.. My kind of movie �

when you Don watch em finish.. no forget to come give your own testimony grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) ... (3865) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.