Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3786883 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

The sketch Black Widow did say something that gave me pause. I've thought about it since, and then did a research on it.

"Why does it always rain in Gotham City and the backdrop perpetually groomy and dark?"

Gotham City is modeled after London, Detroit and New York City. It gets the Skyscrapers from New York City, the gloom from Detroit, and the rain from London.

On Shazam, DCEU have finally learned from the superior MCU that humor sells. Things don't have to be dark and forlorn all the time. Spice that sh*t up with well-placed humor and stuff, and for good measure.

Interesting. London alone has the gloom and rain. lol

In other news, Predator comes out next week! cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Interesting. London alone has the gloom and rain. lol
In other news, Predator comes out next week! cool cool cool cool cool cool
Hopefully, this one won't disappoint me like The Nun did.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
funkyjms:
What happened to Monday

7/10

I enjoyed this movie smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
JeromeBlack:

DC is now trying to be more funny or comedic with Shazam.

Let's hope it is not another Green Lantern

I'm pesimistic about this funny direction that DC is heading to.

They should not take it too far, they should keep it balanced.

Humor should be kept as far away as possible from dark and gritty characters like Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman and WW.

Shazam is too good to be funny.
That guy is very powerful, a combination of Superman and Thor.
I dont want DC to turn a demi-god into a standup comedian.

But his alter ego is a 14 year old boy so i guess the light tone kinda suits him.

I'm dying to see Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam.
He's getting his own solo movie.cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Charmin1(f): 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
hellohgy:

hdmp4mania
Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Hopefully, this one won't disappoint me like The Nun did.

The nun is out? Did you watch it in cinemas?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Okay let's talk about the premise of the show: The supposedly "brilliant plan" is basically non-existent. The Professor has to run frantically around in every single episode to fix things, and all of it only works out because of pure luck, insane coincidence, and most of all, his infinite fuel of plot magic.

I totally get that TV shows don't have to be realistic in a real life sense, but c'mon. I know that some plot magic is always involved, even in good shows, but it's all about the amount of it and the way it's executed. And this is where Money Heist exposes itself as a low quality production in terms of writing.

Okay, I'm done venting. Venting is good for the soul. cheesy

KoiceReloaded:
More on Money Heist...

Why was Tokyo chosen as the main character and narrator of the story over the more stable characters? She was impulsive and a rebel, made a lot of bad decisions, and overall her story revolved around Rio. I couldn't root or connect with her at all. She had absolutely nothing to offer the crew, whilst everyone else had certain skills or traits that were key to their success.

So my final theory is she's just there to create melodrama. Without the melodrama, the show would have been dull, and hence, people wouldn't have hooed and haaed, and call the show best show they've ever seen.

Nigga please.

KoiceReloaded:

10 days hostage situation? Toyko, Rio and Denver started their nonsense on the first day. What's their excuse? You can make excuses for them all you want, but the truth is Toyko, Denver and Rio were emotional landmines: troubled, immature and lost. And yet the supposedly brilliant criminal mastermind known as the professor hired them for the heist anyway. If I don't know any better I would say he deliberately wanted them to f**k the heist up. The only characters I don't outrightly despise were Nairobi and Berlin. They were the mature ones.

I'm in season 2 episode 4 of Lacasa de Papel and I've truly understood why you suddenly disliked the show. The crew are amongst the most weakly assembled robbery crew I can think of. So damn childish, emotionally weak with childish tantrums. They, with the exception of Berlin, Nairobi, and the Serbians brothers are annoyingly melodramatic. After months of practice, from the first day, they couldn't wait to showcase their stupidity.

The directors and producers made the whole series childish by extending it to the second season only to add unnecessary fillers that looked like scenes straight outta Nollywood. In the episode 4 I just finished watching that has gotten me seething with rage, the dumbass_ called Tokyo, clueless of where to hide while awaiting for the professor to pick her call, out of all the plans she could think of, decided to ride back to the bank surrounded by large number of police and SWATs, and then rode through hundreds of bullets aimed at her from all angles UNTOUCHED while Moscow got hit even from a safer position. And this BS is what the directors shamelessly directed for intelligent humans to watch? WTF?!! Is Tokyo Neo in Matrix or what? And she did all that because of some stupid love? Good Lord!! And the producers still want to churn out more of this childish plotlines for the third season?

To all those that over-hyped this Spanish heist love story, take am!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Even the so-called Professor refused to carry last and fell in love too. Dey for kukuma label the show a love drama from a dysfunctional criminal gang. mtcheeeeewww!! This kinda shitty drama is what one gets when the producers run out of ideas. Let me just force myself and complete the useless show so that I can delete it fast. angry angry angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by funkyjms: 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Upgrade

Just average for me... 6.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dayveed1(m): 12:11am On Sep 09, 2018
What still remains 5/10

Poo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bryan12(m): 12:43am On Sep 09, 2018
Revenge 4.5/10

Every involved in the production of this movie is supposed to be flogged publicly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 09, 2018
Beorn:

I'm in season 2 episode 4 of Lacasa de Papel and I've truly understood why you suddenly disliked the show. The crew are amongst the most weakly assembled robbery crew I can think of. So damn childish, emotionally weak with childish tantrums. They, with the exception of Berlin, Nairobi, and the Serbians brothers are annoyingly melodramatic. After months of practice, from the first day, they couldn't wait to showcase their stupidity.

The directors and producers made the whole series childish by extending it to the second season only to add unnecessary fillers that looked like scenes straight outta Nollywood. In the episode 4 I just finished watching that has gotten me seething with rage, the dumbass_ called Tokyo, clueless of where to hide while awaiting for the professor to pick her call, out of all the plans she could think of, decided to ride back to the bank surrounded by large number of police and SWATs, and then rode through hundreds of bullets aimed at her from all angles UNTOUCHED while Moscow got hit even from a safer position. And this BS is what the directors shamelessly directed for intelligent humans to watch? WTF?!! Is Tokyo Neo in Matrix or what? And she did all that because of some stupid love? Good Lord!! And the producers still want to churn out more of this childish plotlines for the third season?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm laughing so hard at this. I feel your pain, Beorn. I've been there. I ranted, I cussed. Folks coming online to hype the show must have been watching the back of your TV/laptop/phone... whatever, cuz, that melodramatic fiasco is terribly mediocre. Suffice to say, season 3 will be beyond ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 09, 2018
Beorn:
Even the so-called Professor refused to carry last and fell in love too. Dey for kukuma label the show a love drama from a dysfunctional criminal gang. mtcheeeeewww!! This kinda shitty drama is what one gets when the producers run out of ideas. Let me just force myself and complete the useless show so that I can delete it fast. angry angry angry angry

Like I often say, if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's a frigging duck. The show has all the attributes of a typical telenovela.

- Spanish language. Check
- Romance. Check
- Melodrama. Check
- Plot sensationalism. Check

Contrary to popular opinion, I deem the professor the dumbest of the lot. In a real life situation, he's history. And to think some people were even comparing him to peak Michael Schofield of Prison Break fame? Truly mind boggling. shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2018
JeromeBlack:

The nun is out? Did you watch it in cinemas?
Yup.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:37am On Sep 09, 2018
Beorn:

undecided undecided

You no like am but you reach season 2?

The series is good abeg. The overdramatic ploy is the only letdown.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:42am On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Like I often say, if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's a frigging duck. The show has all the attributes of a typical telenovela.

- Romance. Check
- Melodrama. Check

Contrary to popular opinion, I deem the professor the dumbest of the lot. In a real life situation, he's history. And to think some people were even comparing him to peak Michael Schofield of Prison Break fame? Truly mind boggling. shocked

As if Scofield is any more realistic.

Scofield's fine ass would have been slacked by a big deek in prison from day 1.

There is nothing wrong in Romance and melodrama especially when it is mixed with action.

Oga, yes we know the drama that Spanish telenovelas have. But this one tried at least.

If you want to compare this with prison break, then remember that everyone in prison break was dumb except from Scofield.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:43am On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Yup.

It is like you aren't in naija. Cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 09, 2018
JeromeBlack:

As if Scofield is any more realistic.

Scofield's fine ass would have been slacked by a big deek in prison from day 1.

There is nothing wrong in Romance and melodrama especially when it is mixed with action.

Oga, yes we know the drama that Spanish telenovelas have. But this one tried at least.

If you want to compare this with prison break, then remember that everyone in prison break was dumb except from Scofield.

Don't even compare the two, they're worlds apart.

Scofield doesn't have plot armor. In prison, he kept T-Bag and the rest of gen-pop sexual predators at bay, by currying protection from a mafioso. His intelligence never stopped him from making plot defining mistakes. He got caught multiple times, remember. His mistakes are relatable because it's the sort of mistake an average person would make in similar situations in real life, after all, no living being is infallible.

... unless, it's the professor, of course. Modaf**ka is ensconced in a 13 foot thick titanium plot armor. The f**ker is so untouchable, that no matter how him, Tokyo and friends manage to f**k things up, he always seem to find his feet, whilst conveniently turning the unfavorable situation into an advantage. Gimme a break.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dyt(f): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2018
Funjosh:

I enjoyed this movie smiley

No I didn't
Shrugs
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm laughing so hard at this. I feel your pain, Beorn. I've been there. I ranted, I cussed. Folks coming online to hype the show must have been watching the back of your TV/laptop/phone... whatever, cuz, that melodramatic fiasco is terribly mediocre. Suffice to say, season 3 will be beyond ridiculous.

I decided to overlook that particular scene because sometimes, out of sheer luck, it's possible for Tokyo to escape those rain of bullets and for Moscow to get hit by a bullet. Shits_ like that happen, but explain this part for me: After the Inspector interrogated and found out the truth from Salva, she was about to take him to the police station only for Salva while being HANDCUFFED to systemically turn around and start strangling Inspector to unconsciousness while she HAD A GUN AND COULD'VE SHOT HIM ANYWHERE TO CAUSE BODY HARM AND FORCED HIM TO FREE HER. Instead she didn't use the gun and allowed Salva to choke her to unconsciousness. I just can't deal with the childish acting. SMDH!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:13am On Sep 09, 2018
Beorn:

I decided to overlook that particular scene because sometimes, out of sheer luck, it's possible for Tokyo to escape those rain of bullets and for Moscow to get hit by a bullet. Shits_ like that happen, but explain this part for me: After the Inspector interrogated and found out the truth from Salva, she was about to take him to the police station only for Salva while being HANDCUFFED to systemically turn around and start strangling Inspector to unconsciousness while she HAD A GUN AND COULD'VE SHOT HIM ANYWHERE TO CAUSE BODY HARM AND FORCED HIM TO FREE HER. Instead she didn't use the gun and allowed Salva to choke her to unconsciousness. I just can't deal with the childish acting. SMDH!!

She did it for love.

Also, in a chokehold, the first instinct is to reach for your throat.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2018
JeromeBlack:

undecided undecided

You no like am but you reach season 2?

The series is good abeg. The overdramatic ploy is the only letdown.

I tend to complete any franchise of most movies and series that I'd already started. That's me. But in season one, my major issue was Salva ambushing Angel who's obsessed about the Inspector even AFTER he'd started suspecting Salva, then giving him his address and starting the process that led to his fingerprints being taken from the spoon. That, bro, is a dumb move even from a so-called intelligent Salva. Please, season two was a waste of time. Don't make begin to reveal how dumb the Professor was with his other goofs.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2018
JeromeBlack:

She did it for love.

Also, in a chokehold, the first instinct is to reach for your throat.

And the gun she had was a toy gun? If it's you wouldn't you have shot that motherphucka? Abegi!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 09, 2018
acrimony 9.9/10
that woman is crazy a swear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mylora: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2018
Feels good to see I'm not the only one who was let down and disappointed by the overly hyped Money Heist.
I was afraid to actually post m y thoughts on the series for reason of being insulted.
Had to force myself to see to the end of season 2 in the hopes of catching what made people praise it, only to be disappointed. Total waste of time.
Don't even want to go into the details as much has already been pointed out.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Scofield doesn't have plot armor. In prison, he kept T-Bag and the rest of gen-pop sexual predators at bay, by currying protection from a mafioso. His intelligence never stopped him from making plot defining mistakes. He got caught multiple times, remember. His mistakes are relatable because it's the sort of mistake an average person would make in similar situations in real life, after all, no living being is infallible.

... unless, it's the professor, of course. Modaf**ka is ensconced in a 13 foot thick titanium plot armor. The f**ker is so untouchable, that no matter how him, Tokyo and friends manage to f**k things up, he always seem to find his feet, whilst conveniently turning the unfavorable situation into an advantage. Gimme a break.

The professor made mistakes. He got caught by the assistant to the inspector (the guy that ended up in a coma). He even got caught by the inspector due to the clown hair.

As for your Micheal Scofield, he entered prison as a fresh guy and nothing happened to him. Its been long since I watched prison break and so, I cant remember the plot holes.

In reality, Scofield's escape plan would have leaked to more prisoners or even the guards. There were too many blindspots for such a prison facility
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 11:57am On Sep 09, 2018
Just seen Skyscraper 7/10...nice movie Beautifully crafted by Dwayne Johnson..although predictable plot, too many unrealistic scenes made the movie too fictitious..Dwayne jumping from a crane to a Skyscraper... jumping out of the turbine..well also I would like to credit the movie for connecting the plot well...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

- Romance. Check
- Melodrama. Check

I won't call it a telenovela, because if it was, I'd have stopped watching it after the first 20 minutes of episode 1. Telenovelas are usually Spanish romantic family dramas. Lacasa de Papel certainly had traits of a typical Telenovela, but it ain't one. The childish story-line and unnecessary melodrama was my pet peeve.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Scofield wouldn't spend many years plotting that heist and end up using 10 days steal that money. 2-3 days tops and Scofield would've stolen that money without turning into Clark Kent to correct every mistake made. That Prof is massively overrated. The Intelligent One should've been wise to use all the months spent teaching those emotional kids how to carry out the heist, to actually dig their side of the tunnel at least up to 90% of the way, so that with a day or two digging from the vault of the bank and they'd have been done. Instead the Prof brought those 4 individuals that saved Tokyo to start digging from his base AFTER saving Tokyo. What kind of dumbass_ plan was that? He prefer prolonging a heist that could be accomplished in 3 days to 10 days just to look like a genius.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
JeromeBlack:

The professor made mistakes. He got caught by the assistant to the inspector (the guy that ended up in a coma). He even got caught by the inspector due to the clown hair.

As for your Micheal Scofield, he entered prison as a fresh guy and nothing happened to him. Its been long since I watched prison break and so, I cant remember the plot holes.

In reality, Scofield's escape plan would have leaked to more prisoners or even the guards. There were too many blindspots for such a prison facility

You missed the point I tried to make. Don't know if it's deliberate or you just didn't see it.

Making mistakes isn't the problem here. Beorn and I have already established earlier that the professor made loads of silly mistakes (I can't even relate to all of his mistakes cuz I'm not that stupid). The problem lies on the fact that he always seem to bounce back from them wholely unscathed. E.V.E.R.Y F.R.I.G.G.I.N.G T.I.M.E. Every time someone gets too close to catching him, they either join the team, or wind up in a coma. His freedom is very important to the primary plot line, so the plot protects him fiercely, thereby, unwittingly elevating him to god status. Plot armor 101.

On Prison Break, it's been ages since I watched it too, but it left enough impression on me to recall some scenes from memory.

Not every fish (term for new convicts) that enters a max get raped right away. First, the sharks are gonna feel you out, y'know, try to curry money and sexual favors from you. You got two options: seek protection or don't. When you don't, two things will happen: you get shanked till you die or you get drilled anally till you get aids, and still die.

Now, Michael was aware of all these, and when T-Bag tried to close in on him, he turned it around. He made T-Bag his bi*ch instead. And how did he manage that? He successfully negotiated protection amongst other privileges by riling in the prison top-dog into his escape plan.

You're right that an escape blueprint like that would have leaked in real life, and it certainly did (see, the show got it covered). Scofield originally intended to escape with only Linc, but the list grew, as people kept discovering his secrets and wanting in. At the end of the day, the list went from the original intended two to six or seven (I can't remember the exact number of people that escaped with Michael and Lincoln). And for the fact that it's a massive prison break involving lots of convicts, the FBI with their tremendous resources inevitably got involved. Now, if Michael had managed to escaped with only his brother as pre-planned, Alex Mahone wouldn't have gotten involved, and him and Linc would have evaded capture for as long as it takes. This is one of the plot defining mistakes he made that I talked about earlier. The plot didn't protect him from it, instead, it evolved to tolerate it.

Bottom line, Michael, and by proxy Prison Break sh*ts on the professor and Money Heist several times over.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
carry the prison break discussion to the 'series' thread biko angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2018
Beorn:

I won't call it a telenovela, because if it was, I'd have stopped watching it after the first 20 minutes of episode 1. Telenovelas are usually Spanish romantic family dramas. Lacasa de Papel certainly had traits of a typical Telenovela, but it ain't one. The childish story-line and unnecessary melodrama was my pet peeve.

It's an action telenovela. That's a thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.