Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting (21803 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / ASUU Strike: Fg Crucial Meeting With ASUU Today Ended With Smiles On... / Latest On ASUU Strike: FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike – Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Ditoya(m): 8:05am On Dec 10, 2013
The Federal government had given university lecturers an ultimatum to resume classes today, Monday 9 December but the lecturers refused to obey this directive.

Following the university lecturers refusal to call off the lingering strike and resume classes, the Federal Government has summoned all Vice Chancellors of federal and state universities to a crucial meeting in Abuja on Wednesday.

Also invited to the meeting were members of the Implementation Monitoring Committee (IMC) On Needs Assessment Report for inauguration.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, Professor Julius Okojie, on behalf of the Supervising Minister of Education, Barrister Nyeson Wike and published in a national daily today.

According to the statement, the Vice Chancellors are to come to the meeting with a list of their prioritised projects based on Needs Assessment Report for funding and Vice Chancellors of state universities must come along with with their account details.

It is not clear whether the meeting was called to disburse the N200b the government said it had deposited in an account with the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, which ASUU is insisting must be communicated to it formally.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Kaydem(m): 8:32am On Dec 10, 2013
Just saw the news bulletin...i wonder what the presidency and the concerned ministries had been doing all this while...its high time i subscribe to the popular saying that ''this current administration is CLUELESS'', put a round peg in a round hole daz all!....lets hope this sow a good seed

11 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by walad4yhu(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by ComboFiend(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Looking at thread...*Drinking Fayrouz*

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Sodiq3(m): 9:07am On Dec 10, 2013
SPACE BOOKED..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sagaciousblog: 9:23am On Dec 10, 2013
i was supporting Gej thinking he wud stand by his words bt nw dat he is eating his words, it shows he is realy pusillanimous... A man shud stand by his words..first, he extended d ultimatum, nw he is looking for an alibi to cover for his shame

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2013
If notin happens to dis strike now am afraid dis strike might exceed january self,dis one dat it takes up to a month to make one decision maybe it will take a year to end d strike

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by yetunsbay(m): 9:29am On Dec 10, 2013
just dey observe

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 10, 2013
Another fruitless meeting embarassed

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2013
sagaciousblog: i was supporting Gej thinking he wud stand by his words bt nw dat he is eating his words, it shows he is realy pusillanimous... A man shud stand by his words..first, he extended d ultimatum, nw he is looking for an alibi to cover for his shame
guy u dull.,when he issue d ultimatum,u open ur big mouth,condeming the action,now he decides to soft pedal and let the people's wish prevail as a democratic and loving president,u are talking rubbish! What do u really want frm him? Ok tell us what u want him to do as per ASUU strike? Guy u no well at all

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Ditoya(m): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2013
fabulousfortune: Another fruitless meeting embarassed
Have faith bro
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Ditoya(m): 10:26am On Dec 10, 2013
ComboFiend: Looking at thread...*Drinking Fayrouz*
Bro,is it cold?

12 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Toktee(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: guy u dull.,when he issue d ultimatum,u open ur big mouth,condeming the action,now he decides to soft pedal and let the people's wish prevail as a democratic and loving president,u are talking rubbish! What do u really want frm him? Ok tell us what u want him to do as per ASUU strike? Guy u no well at all
ka tswar wough.......what do you mean by "soft pedal"let me tell you dummy,ur paymaster has eating his words,he cannot do anythng and you know it infact na u no well.

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by kufrejames: 10:33am On Dec 10, 2013
pls the ASUU -FG movie is in season what now?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by kufrejames: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2013
[quote
author=Toktee]ka tswar wough.......what do you mean by "soft pedal"let
me tell you dummy,ur paymaster has eating his words,he cannot do anythng
and you know it infact na u no well.[/quote]

non students are also welcome

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by mazizitonene(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2013
Source
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by lebienconnu: 10:39am On Dec 10, 2013
I believe they also went the list of the lecturers that signed 'intention to continue resume work' register. I mean the list of those of them that are not ready to defy hunger and poverty. Guys, just be patient as I am assuring you that this the is the final outbreak of the plague called ASUU-STRIKE in Nigeria. Its gonna be a victory to the humble and defeat to the greedy. A battle won to true Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sagaciousblog: 11:08am On Dec 10, 2013
Toktee: ka tswar wough.......what do you mean by "soft pedal"let me tell you dummy,ur paymaster has eating his words,he cannot do anythng and you know it infact na u no well.
abeg help me tell dat eediot...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sagaciousblog: 11:11am On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: guy u dull.,when he issue d ultimatum,u open ur big mouth,condeming the action,now he decides to soft pedal and let the people's wish prevail as a democratic and loving president,u are talking rubbish! What do u really want frm him? Ok tell us what u want him to do as per ASUU strike? Guy u no well at all
i agree say i dull,, bt u r a capital FOOL...a man who eats his words has no honour n integrity..a leader must be resolute...till d strike is called off, he is just a coward..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 10, 2013
Toktee: ka tswar wough.......what do you mean by "soft pedal"let me tell you dummy,ur paymaster has eating his words,he cannot do anythng and you know it infact na u no well.
he wil not pay them their salaries.,they are now turning to beggers.,now let's see who suffers.,besides,look at who is calling me dummy.,guy abeg clear road for me.,u dey 'lele'
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2013
sagaciousblog: i agree say i dull,, bt u r a capital FOOL...a man who eats his words has no honour n integrity..a leader must be resolute...till d strike is called off, he is just a coward..
thank God u know u are dull,so i don't have to argue or talk wit an illitrate cos u don't know what is being discussed here..he is ur president.,if u don't like it.,go and kill urself.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by sagaciousblog: 11:48am On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: thank God u know u are dull,so i don't have to argue or talk wit an illitrate cos u don't know what is being discussed here..he is ur president.,if u don't like it.,go and kill urself.
no need replying a lowlife ignoramus like u again...u can GO n DIE

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Toktee(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: he wil not pay them their salaries.,they are now turning to beggers.,now let's see who suffers.,besides,look at who is calling me dummy.,guy abeg clear road for me.,u dey 'lele'
we shall see!
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by tunex23: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
sagaciousblog: i agree say i dull,, bt u r a capital FOOL...a man who eats his words has no honour n integrity..a leader must be resolute...till d strike is called off, he is just a coward..
Gbam!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by BankManager(m): 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Are you calling the President a coward..?Is your father one??Mannerless kid.!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Hackerjay(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Meeting is all we hear, yet notin comes out of it...Smh
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by kufrejames: 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
who u dey fan sef.? FG abi ASUU

non students are also allowed
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Ptoocool(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Someone should pls wake M̶̲̅ε̲̣ up when they are through wit tha meeting..M̶̲̅ε̲̣ wanna sleep...

#spreading mat under cocoa tree..
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Toktee: we shall see!
u are already seeing,u are are here saying we shall see. Hahahaha
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
sagaciousblog: no need replying a lowlife ignoramus like u again...u can GO n DIE
i wil not go and die.,i refuse to die..come and kill me urself..u igbo(weed) smoker
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting by Supermajor(m): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
ComboFiend: Looking at thread...*Drinking Fayrouz*
abeg u get gala there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Comfort Adokwe, Nasarawa State University Lecturer In Keffi / Federal Government Feeding Program in Kano State (Photos) / Quantitative Reasoning For Basic 5 (pg 34) Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.