Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,595 members, 7,770,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

List Of Dead Nollywood Stars - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / List Of Dead Nollywood Stars (59848 Views)

Janet Atayero Oluseye Is Dead (Nollywood Actress) / Collins Ifeanyi Chukwu Is Dead - Nollywood Director / Geraldine Ekeocha Is Dead? (Nollywood Actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by FoxyFlow(m): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
I sat down this morning and was watching African Magic. Men, stars who had gone to the great beyond were just bubbling all over the TV. Men, I was touched. I decided to run a little research on the stars. How they died and every thing.....

David Ihezie, 70
One of the founder members of Nollywood, Ihezie died at his home in January 2012 following a shortbattle with Arthritis. Ugandans fondly remember him for his roles in David and Goliath, Brain Master, Player No 1 and King of the Forest.

James Iroha aka Gringori 69
Circumstances surrounding his death unknown

Lekan Lekison - -
Investigations revealed that the man died of a heart related ailment.

Sam Loco Efe, 66
Prolific stage/screen thespian Efe succumbed under unclear circumstances in his by CouponDropDown” style=”padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none; list-style: none; border: 0px none; color: #444444; text-decoration: underline; -webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;”>hotel room at the beginning of August 2011. Police reports later suggested the actor died of acute asthma, as two canisters of ventolin inhalers were discovered at the scene. We will, nonetheless, remember multi-award winning Efe as the gap-toothed funnyman who appeared in over 200 movies in a career spanning three decades, including the unforgettable Heart of Stone, Open & Close, Husband My Foot and Away Match.

Justus Esiri 71
Declared one of the strong men of the African film industry, Justus Esiri has indeed earned his fame. He attended Urohobo College and later went to Germany to study engineering where he developed an interest for theater. Thus he began his acting career on stage in Germany. He was the only Nigerian male performing on stage in the years 1968/69. He also worked for voice of Nigeria VON, German Service as a translator. He was performing on stage in Germany when a delegation from Nigeria invited him to perform in Nigeria in a Government sponsored program, when he went to Nigeria, his homeland, he never went back to Europe. His fame was launched widely for his role in the ever popular African TV series, the village headmaster where he played the "Headmaster".

Pete Eneh, 68
Eneh’s death in November 2012 following a leg infection has largely been attributed to spiritual attacks, ironically in line with roles he excelled at in his screen characters. Doctors at a local facility opted to amputate the actor’s leg after an earlier improper treatment had left it swollen. The operation, however, soured the illness, causing his death. Like Elebuwa, Eneh’s body is yet to be buried. Eneh is most remembered for his fatherly roles in Lonely Life, Divided Kingdom, Price of Ignorance, Heavy Rain and His Grace.

Enebeli Elebuwa, 66

Face of Nollywood, Elebuwa died in December 2012from a stroke he had suffered the previous year. In his quest for healing, the aging actor visited, among others, a controversial Nigerian pastor until finally being airlifted to an India hospital from where he died. His body is due for burial sometime this month. Burly and beardy Elebuwa was notable for his kingly gait which mostly saw him play snobbish characters. He is remembered for such films as Abuja Connection, Bent Arrows, Royal War and Lasting Love.

Collins Ifeanyi
In what has become like an evil wind blowing across the entertainment industry in Nigeria and just as Nigerians are yet to come to terms with the death of Goldie, popular Abuja based actor, director and producer, Collins Ifeanyi Chukwu is dead. The artiste died 15th February, 2013 at the Maitama General Hospital after a brief illness. He is survived by his young wife, Blessing Collins, and little son, Doxa Efechukwu Collins. The late Collins had a knack for producing gospel movies and has to his credit The Burning Flames, el-Gibor, Back to Bethel, and was before his death, working on another blockbuster. He is one of the very successful Abuja based entertainers who have been able to prove that you don’t have to be in Lagos to make it in the industry. Until his death, he was the PRO elect of the Actors guild of Nigeria, AGN, Abuja chapter.

Silifatu Silifonia
Murdered --- Beaten to death by her spouse while heavily pregnant

Bisi Komolafe 27

Was crushed to death by a trailer while traveling on okada. Died at the spot (unconfirmed)

Cassandra Gabriel
Cassandra is was popular in the TV comedy series, Face2Face where she played the character, Sisi Carol. Cause of death not provided online angry

Hamed Odunla
I don't really know this one. Nothing is written on him online. Well, some deaths just get blown away. RIP

Brown Atienwen
This one was shot to death by them killers who came under the disguise of being robbers. Him and his wife (i think) and host were shot. Too bad, robbers aint supposed to be killing them celebrities since they are hustlers too like them. In fact, don't kill anybody. We are all hustlers, you can collect our money, just leave our lives for us.

Akin Ogungbe 78
hief Christopher Akintola Ogungbe, who died on November 28, 2012, at the age of 78, were laid to rest. It was a day the Association of Theatre Arts Practitioners (ANTP) members from every part of the country converged on Abeokuta, Ogun State to pay their last respect to the Ogun State born legendary actor, whose love for peace among the members of the association was his greatest virtue when he was alive.

Geraldine Ekeocha, 56
Veteran screen princess Ekeocha passed away in September 2011 amid a fibroid operation. She is best remembered for her appearances in The Kingand the Maidens, Heavy Storm, Devine Twins and After My Heart.

Ashley Nwosu, 57
Famed for playing villainous roles, Nwosu succumbed to a liver complication at a military hospital in his hometown of Yaba in April 2011. Fans mostly remember him in Endless Night, Between Two Walls, Power Brokers, Foreign Affairs, Gift from the Grave and Lagos Babes.

Pat Edeh, 29
Young, vibrant and pretty Edeh was in December 2011 crushed to death by a fuel tanker while travelling on a motorcycle. She died on the spot. We will always remember her for her superb delivery in The High Class and To Love and Live Again.

Ahmed Alasari, 43
Comedian Alasari perished in a car crash in March 2011. The crash was reported to have been caused by a burst tyre, causing the car to veer off the road and overturn numerous times, killing him instantly. His last credit, Omo Nightclub, was a big hit.

uzochukwu Ndubuisi

Uzochukwu Ndubuisi popularly known as (UZO JUNIOR CONCEPT) He is a Final year student of IMO State University and a part-time star in NOLLYWOOD, U all should know him He normally act along side with PATIENCE OZOKWO, He passed on Sunday 9th May,2010, While playing football with friends he complained of tiredness and dashed to a corner to rest from there the guy just go, he was rushed to a nearby hospital but to no avail. just imagine that! and he had just finish writting his project. (Culled from Nairaland)

Donald Okoli

One thing about movie producer/scriptwriter, Donald Okoli death is the fact that a lot of mysterious stories have surrounded his passage in the past one week. Right now,top key players in Nollywood are insisting that Donald who was fondly called “The Don” died of ailment related to homos**ual lifestyle. Insiders revealed to us that he gave up the ghost at Military Hospital Yaba,after many months of struggling with anal bleeding and infection. According to the information gathered,Donald was a popular gay and was called”Pampers” during his life time. It was alleged that he was playing the woman to many Nollywood Marketers and top Producers,who are deep into the act and have introduced many young filmmakers into it. Don they swear was among them and he allegedly wore diapers for over two years,but he was lying to friends who discovered his ordeal that he had urinary track infection and diabetes which made him pass urine uncontrollably. He equally claimed that he was using diapers to wedge his waste products to avoid embarrassment. They equally claimed that Donald had all attributes of women in his disposal and till death he was s*x partner of a popular movie director who was the rave of the moment 3 years back who shares his second name with Nigerian’s first chattered accountant. As gathered from reliable sources,on Wednesday,September 21,2011,he started bleeding and was rushed to Military Hospital Yaba,where he spent two days and gave up the ghost. Meanwhile,concerned filmmakers disclosed to us that Donald’s death lost sympathy as many people have come to the realization that he was into a questionable kind of lifestyle. They claimed that individuals who frown at the ungodly illicit behavior are now very nonchalant toward his death,as they insist that those who glorify such lifestyle should bury their dead one. (Well, if you jail them, they won't die... 14 years sure pass angry angry)

Toun Oni 72
Late Toun Oni was born in 1938 in Lagosto late Mr. James Oni who hailed from Ilesa, Osun State and Mrs. Ajoke Oni who hailed from Ilorin, Kwara State. She had her elementary education at Living Stone Academy, Abule Nla Road, Ebute Metta, Lagos. She later proceeded to Ghanafor her secondary school education. She came back to Nigeriaand was trained at the Universityof Ife(now Obafemi Awolowo University). She started her secular career as a dancer, in the early 1970s and later became a singer and an actress. This brought her to lime light in the acting scene. She became known as Mama T from her role as Mother Theresa in Acada Campus - a television programme in the late 1980s, also known as Mama Moji in Fuji House of Commotion - a weekly comedy programme on the television. She was famous and popular in the acting profession. She won the Best Actress of the Year Award in 1991 - the first and only edition of the Herbert Ogunde Foundation Award for Theatre Artistes. She was also conferred with a National honour of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON), by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2006, in recognition of her outstanding contributions to stage plays and other acts in the Theatre Art industry. She is highly esteemed by her colleagues for her outstanding contributions to the industry.She died on Wednesday July 7th, 2010 on her way to St. Paul's Hospital, Ebute Metta, Lagos. She complained the previous day of body ache. She was aged 72.

Prince Murphy
Death has struck again in the Nigerian movie industry, globally know as Nollywood, as its comic actor, Prince Murphy is reported to have passed on. DailyPost gathered that the actor passed away two days back after a brief illness. Though, it’s yet known the nature of the ailment that led to his death, close sources said several efforts were made to save the actor’s life, but yielded no positive result.

Flavian Okojie

Flavian who starred in the movie Life is Wicked alongside Desmond Elliot and Uche Jombo is alleged to have been killed on Sunday 30th September 2013. According to reports, the couple tied the knot three weeks ago. Our hearts go out to Omo-kivie Adeola and Flavian’s loved ones.

JT Tom West

In his early 40s, the actor fondly called “J.T.” who was famous with his ponytou hair style, acted in numerous Nollywood movies including “State of Emergency,” where he played a terrorist. The last public outing of the action-hero actor was the recently held Nollywood Gala Nite at the Coliseum Nightshift where he interacted freely with his colleagues.

List of Sick Actors
Peter Bruno
Ngozi Nwosu (Underwent Treatment)
Ifeanyi Dike
Prince Uche (Any news?)
Emma Edokpai
Victor Eze
and the list is endless

Last bullet:

Death is not the end of life, it is only a veil that leads to the other room. Whether the room is dark or bright remains unknown.

RIP....
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by Emmyk(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Omo. Awon actors ti ku oOOOoo sad
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by fijiano202(m): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
Some of ur story are pure rubbish example Bisi Komolafe story is pure bogus

1 Like

Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by FoxyFlow(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
fijiano202: Some of ur story are pure rubbish example Bisi Komolafe story is pure bogus

If you had gone through it well, you would have seen "unconfirmed". What is it with Naija reading culture na grin grin
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by edo3(m): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ur story abot bisi is wack. Anyway r.i.p 2 dem all. Oja ni ile aiye je.

1 Like

Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by homesteady(m): 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Eya! We'll miss them! Especially Sam loco, Justice Esiri, Enebili, Pete eneh, Ashley Nwonsu and J.T west!
RIP to them sad sad sad
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by fijiano202(m): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Foxy_Flow:
If you had gone through it well, you would have seen "unconfirmed". What is it with Naija reading culture na grin grin
i red it all thats y it sounded silly to write a post abt an uncomfirmed story,why should u potray her with an horrible story ''crushed to death by a trailer while travelling on an okada'' that sounded horrible,Show some respect to the dead
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by FoxyFlow(m): 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
fijiano202: i red it all thats y it sounded silly to write a post abt an uncomfirmed story,why should u potray her with an horrible story ''crushed to death by a trailer while travelling on an okada'' that sounded horrible,Show some respect to the dead

I did not create the story on my own. That was how I read it o abi you know see say na online I get all of them? Dude men, I respect the dead o and na wetin I see I write angry angry
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by Ariyke: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bisi's death wasn't caused by accident :\
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by Snoggy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Posting their pictures alongside the notes would have been better. Get the pictures, please.
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
They are acting in the beyond.
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by IAMBREEZY: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nice write up.
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by FoxyFlow(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Snoggy: Posting their pictures alongside the notes would have been better. Get the pictures, please.

If you know the kind stress wey I go through just to compile this list, you go tell me sorry. You know how many blogs I enter wey no dey gree me copy?

Men, you fit post their pictures yourself oo

1 Like

Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by Witwicky(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Foxy_baba......

....I see you
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by dridowu: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
R I P T O T H R E A D
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by sholay2011(m): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Na wa oo. sad

Though, the 'list of sick actors' made me giggle...didn't see that coming.

Well, it just happens that these ppl are celebrities. Ppl die everyday...from the akara seller who died during childbirth to a poor child who lost the battle to common Malaria. All is well.

Btw, Bisi Komolafe wasn’t crushed by a trailer ooo shocked
Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
ma guy if dem no appreciate u. Me i appreciate u. You try jor

1 Like

Re: List Of Dead Nollywood Stars by JOYCEOUS(f): 12:22am On Dec 11, 2013
'Bisi Komolafe was not crushed by a trailer'
'Your story on Bisi Komolafe is wack'

Ya'll should tell him the cause of her death nah!

(1) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Saves Bovi From Embarrassment In A Club / Davido With Dj Khaled, French Montana & Drake's Dad In Usa-pics & Vid / Jada Pinkett Smith Confirms She Had A Relationship With August Alsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.