Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Engineering Students Chatroom - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering Students Chatroom (28036 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Miner13: 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Elantracey:

mine was ok .

yobe sad where are u based?

akure ondo state
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Miner13:

akure ondo state

it is well sha.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Lero15(m): 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Elantracey:

Elect/elect engineering student

nice.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Olamyyde(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Elantracey: for me i'll prefer unilorin anyday anytime, first i believe they'll have better labouraties(am not sure of that though) and a federal degree is prefered to a private uni's degree in Nigeria, moreover i see convenant university as a glorified sech school. The only defect in federal school is just strike.
unilorin even has lesser strikes
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by tolaxin(m): 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
May I join you guys plss
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
tolaxin: May I join you guys plss

of course , you're welcome smiley
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by tolaxin(m): 7:07am On Aug 04, 2014
Elantracey:

of course , you're welcome smiley
thank You madam! I am Obanla Ibraheem,, an aspirant of Mechanical Engineering, Kwara State Polytechnic
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2014
tolaxin: thank You madam! I am Obanla Ibraheem,, an aspirant of Mechanical Engineering, Kwara State Polytechnic

Nice , I guess you've written their post ume?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by peterirhivben: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
FLUID MECHANICS FOR ENGINEERING STUDENT BOTH GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE
Fluid Mechanics is one of the most difficult for student in higher institution and one of the most frequently asked question in job aptitude test and interview for oil and gas company, multinationals and others.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS POST, YOU ALREADY HAVE HELP
1. We have done thorough research into this subject and have compiled over 2000 questions and answers you can read and practice with for your school exam or job aptitude test or interview.
2. In addition to this we have compiled live video lectures from some of the finest professors in INDIA and have included it with these materials. These DVD covers the full lectures and plays over 48 hours.
3. We have also include more than 50 e-books on fluid mechanics which you can used to research and practice with.
4. We are also providing you with support, which includes any questions or problem you might have with the course. We have a forum where you can put these problem and all member will see how they can solve it for you.
THESE WHOLE MATERIALS COST #500 (FIVE HUNDRED NAIRA ONLY) PROMOTION PRICE FOR 4TH AUGUST TO 8TH AUGUST 2014.
HOW TO CONTACT ME:
These materials will be available in some of our designated business centre in the following institution
1. PETROLEUM TRAINING INSTITUTION (P.T.I) EFFURUM, DELTA STATE
2. FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES (FUPRE) EFFURUN, DELTA STATE
3. DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ABRAKA, DELTA STATE
4. UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, EDO STATE.
5. NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY (NDU) BAYELSA STATE
6. UNIVERSITY OF PORTHARCOURT, UNIPORT
7. UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, UNILAG
8. UNIVERSITY OF UYO (UNIUYO)
9. UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (UNN)
10. UNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY (UNIZIK)
11. UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR (UNICAL)
12. AND OTHERS
TO GET YOU COPY IN THESE DEGSIGNATED PLACES AND OTHERS CALL: 09096119817 OR
SEND E-MAIL TO: blueprinteducationaldvd@gmail.com; edumate2015@gmail.com

What is Fluid Mechanics?
• First, What is a fluid?
o Three common states of matter are solid, liquid, and gas.
o A fluid is either a liquid or a gas.
o If surface effects are not present, flow behaves similarly in all common fluids, whether gases or liquids.
• • Formal definition of a fluid - A fluid is a substance which deforms continuously under the application of a shear stress.
o Definition of stress - A stress is defined as a force per unit area, acting on an infinitesimal surface element.
 Stresses have both magnitude (force per unit area) and direction, and the direction is relative to the surface on which the stress acts.
 There are normal stresses and tangential stresses.
 Pressure is an example of a normal stress, and acts inward, toward the surface, and perpendicular to the surface.
 A shear stress is an example of a tangential stress, i.e. it acts along the surface, parallel to the surface. Friction due to fluid viscosity is the primary source of shear stresses in a fluid.
 One can construct a free body diagram of a little fluid particle to visualize both the normal and shear stresses acting on the body:
Free Body Diagram, Fluid Particle at Rest:

Consider a tiny fluid element (a very small chunk of the fluid) in a case where the fluid is at rest (or moving at constant speed in a straight line). A fluid at rest can have only normal stresses, since a fluid at rest cannot resist a shear stress. In this case, the sum of all the forces must balance the weight of the fluid element. This condition is known as hydrostatics. Here, pressure is the only normal stress which exists. Pressure always acts positively inward. Obviously, the pressure at the bottom of the fluid element must be slightly larger than that at the top, in order for the total pressure force to balance the weight of the element. Meanwhile, the pressure at the right face must be equal to that on the left face, so that the sum of forces in the horizontal direction is zero.
[Note: This diagram is two-dimensional, but an actual fluid element is three-dimensional. Hence, the pressure on the front face must also balance that on the back face.]
Free Body Diagram, Fluid Particle in Motion:

Consider a tiny fluid element (a very small chunk of the fluid) that is moving around in some flow field. Since the fluid is in motion, it can have both normal and shear stresses, as shown by the free body diagram. The vector sum of all forces acting on the fluid element must equal the mass of the element times its acceleration (Newton's second law).
Likewise, the net moment about the center of the body can be obtained by summing the forces due to each shear stress times its moment arm. As the size of the fluid element shrinks to "zero," i.e. negligibly small, the shear stress acting on one face of the element must be the same magnitude as those acting on the other faces. Otherwise, there would be a net moment, causing the fluid element to spin rapidly!
[Note: To obtain force, one must multiply each stress by the surface area on which it acts, since stress is defined as force per unit area.]
o Definition of shear stress - Shear stress is defined as a force per unit area, acting parallel to an infinitesimal surface element.
 Shear stress is primarily caused by friction between fluid particles, due to fluid viscosity.
 Fluids at rest cannot resist a shear stress; in other words, when a shear stress is applied to a fluid at rest, the fluid will not remain at rest, but will move because of the shear stress.
 For a good illustration of this, consider the comparison of a fluid and a solid under application of a shear stress: A fluid can easily be distinguished from a solid by application of a shear stress, since, by definition, a fluid at rest cannot resist a shear stress.

If a shear stress is applied to the surface of a solid, the solid will deform a little, and then remain at rest (in its new distorted shape). One can say that the solid (at rest) is able to resist the shear stress.

Now consider a fluid (in a container). When a shear stress is applied to the surface of the fluid, the fluid will continuously deform, i.e. it will set up some kind of flow pattern inside the container. In other words, one can say that the fluid (at rest) is unable to resist the shear stress. That is to say, it cannot remain at rest under application of a shear stress.
 Another way of saying this is: A fluid at rest cannot resist a shear stress.
 Note, however, that a fluid at rest can resist a normal stress.
• Next, What is mechanics?
• The dictionary says mechanics is " ... the application of the laws of force and motion ... There are two branches, statics and dynamics. ..."
• So, putting it all together, fluid mechanics is the application of the laws of force and motion to fluids, i.e. liquids and gases. There are two branches of fluid mechanics:
• Fluid Statics or hydrostatics is the study of fluids at rest. The main equation required for this is Newton's second law for nonaccelerating bodies, i.e. .
• Fluid Dynamics is the study of fluids in motion. The main equation required for this is Newton's second law for accelerating bodies, i.e. .

You may also be interested in these
Absolute or Dynamic Viscosity Converter
THERMODYNAMICS FOR ENGINEERING STUDENT BOTH GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE
HEAT TRANSFER FOR ENGINEERING STUDENT BOTH GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE
PETROLEUM ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY FOR ENGINEERING STUDENT BOTH GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE
BASIC ELECTRIC CIRCUIT FOR ENGINEERING STUDENT BOTH GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE
For enquiry call: 09096119817
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by tolaxin(m): 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
Elantracey:

Nice , I guess you've written their post ume?
the form is yet to be released
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
tolaxin: the form is yet to be released

alright , I wish u all the best .
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by QSheba: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
hi y'all smiley
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
QSheba: hi y'all smiley

phyne gal welcom here smiley
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by QSheba: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

thanks. am aspirant tho
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by QSheba: 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
QSheba: thanks. am aspirant tho

which department?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by QSheba: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

which department?
civil engineering
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
QSheba: civil engineering

nice but why civil?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by tolaxin(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

alright , I wish u all the best .
thanks a million time!
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by sunnyBravo(m): 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
Computer engineering am new here
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by barackodam: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

nice but why civil?

That's unfair u know!!!!!!!
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
barackodam:

what's unfair?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by QSheba: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

nice but why civil?
Lol nothing really I just love building and challenges tongue
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
tolaxin: thanks a million time!

always welcom smiley
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by QSheba: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
barackodam:

nah its okay with me
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
sunnyBravo: Computer engineering am new here

welcome sire smiley
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
QSheba: Lol nothing really I just love building and challenges tongue

wow , that's good ,my roommate is in civil n she always yabs me because she can do electrical works more than me.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by barackodam: 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

what's unfair?

Your questioning her on her choice for civil.

I Hvnt seen u question any E/E aspirant and or student on why they chose it
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by barackodam: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
QSheba: nah its okay with me

Okay then
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
barackodam:

Your questioning her on her choice for civil.

I Hvnt seen u question any E/E aspirant and or student on why they chose it

lol , I just felt like asking because I know the few girls that go for engineering don't really go civil or see evil like my friends will say grin
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by barackodam: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

lol , I just felt like asking because I know the few girls that go for engineering don't really go civil or see evil like my friends will say grin

Well, u probably right
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
barackodam:

Well, u probably right

yea, are u in engineering ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Madam Koi Koi: The MOST FEARED Woman In Boarding Schools / What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? / Ifeoma Bibiana Okoli: Blind Woman Bags PhD From The University Of Ibadan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.