Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Engineering Students Chatroom - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering Students Chatroom (27635 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Capableben(m): 4:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Champella:

I've been observing your posts on so many threads. I've noticed that you worry too much over so many things. Well, there is no crime in trying to find out if you're making a good decision or not because so many people are scared of making mistakes which will affect them later

I'll advise you worry less and concentrate more on graduating with a very good result (a 2nd Class Upper from 4.0 or a 1st Class).

Chemical Engineering is a very good discipline and so many people would give up so many things just to be in your shoes. Don't ever let anybody make you feel that you "must" be a graduate of any of the top 10 Universities in Nigeria before you can make it in life

As long as any course is accredited in any Nigerian University you're good to go. Forget about the rankings of schools as those rankings exist as people's opinion at a particular time.

Think of the lives you can affect positively as an Undergraduate and when you'll be a Graduate. Add more value to yourself daily and success will definitely come your way.

Finally, i'll leave you with these few words to ponder on. . .

"If you do the same thing as everyone does, you'll be as good as everyone is. To excel, you have to exceed your limits"

I wish you the very best!
Thank you very much brother, for ur concern, thank u
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by ia2me: 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
good evening pals, just want to thank you all for your advises and also I've resumed at CU. Lectures are starting tomorrow and please here i am again, any advice for an aspiring 5 pointer undergraduate?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by efisi100: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
wisemania: I just hope this thread wont be a dead one any time soon....I'm Joshua, Petroleum Engineering(100l), Uniben.......Complements of the season....
plz,i ned ur help.am an aspirant.wot do i ned to score in put.ume to get pet.eng
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by walex2bad(m): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Elantracey:

Nice , welcom here , how are u finding the course.

Challenging and tasking I must say.... It is also an interesting course I guess... Am still yet to resume to 200l, because we are still on break# how are you finding the course over there @UniBen?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
chizzy94: Elantracey here I am finally! I have been wanting to follow this thread long ago, I've always been a secret admirer, but I felt I wasn't ripe yet, but now I am smiley.

I am ready to live the dream smiley. Dreams come true, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Chemical Engineering/Uniben smiley.

ASAP_CHizzy signing in cheesy!

its good to have you here cheesy cheesy congrats
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
chizzy94:
Thanks alot smiley.
You've been in the game for long I believe, what year are you in?

Not really long , 300l
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by polz(m): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hey guyz
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
chizzy94:
lol, thats no mean feat between cheesy.
How's Engineering over there?? Hope we that know nothing would survive sha wink?

lol sure , we once knew nothing you know wink what was your jamb n post ume score ?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
chizzy94:
I did PPT and I had 220 [Thank God].
Post-utme - 60
Aggregate - 58.

I know you bombed yours in 2011 smiley.

my jamb was good but post Hume wasn't that good cos I was sick then but thank God for grace.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
chizzy94:
LOL, Your Jamb wasn't just 'good', c'mon you had 280 or something I guess cheesy. You did cross the 50-mark even though you were sick right??

lol , I only saw the aggregate score , didn't see what I got in postume n yes it was above 50 , 59 to be exact , the cut off mark then was 60 and even some that got above 60 where given other courses like maths n physics.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mehn...... So there's a thread for us! I'm adeola, elect/elect, University of Lagos.....yr2.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
chizzy94:
Eyah, that's cool sha.
I got admitted in 2012 for Production Engineering with 52 aggregate but I just didn't want to do it for some reasons sad.

I got my decision spot on though smiley or was I wrong in your opinion??

production engineering is good but since it was chemical you wanted I think you made the right choice smiley
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
bataderemi: Mehn...... So there's a thread for us! I'm adeola, elect/elect, University of Lagos.....yr2.

yes o , but you guys are hardly seen , welcome o .
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Neldrizzy(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
chizzy94: Elantracey here I am finally! I have been wanting to follow this thread long ago, I've always been a secret admirer, but I felt I wasn't ripe yet, but now I am smiley.

I am ready to live the dream smiley. Dreams come true, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Chemical Engineering/Uniben smiley.

ASAP_CHizzy signing in cheesy!
engineer chiixxy... Uniben lormo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
Elantracey:

yes o , but you guys are hardly seen , welcome o .
Tk u! No time miss...... U knw this
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
chizzy94:
smiley Thanks.
So what's year one like? As in, what courses did you find challenging and stuffs??

It was cool o , tho a little challenging , lots of distractions everywhere , the truth is the courses are very similar to your secondary school subjects and 100 level is the level you can easily get all your A's but a lot of people misses it , I found chemistry and the gst's pretty challenging because am not good with theorical courses but it can be different with you.

2 Likes

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
chizzy94:
Hopefully, It would be different with me. You know it's a good thing for the new generation to be better than their fore fathers cheesywink.

What were the distractions? I know you're not the party type. Does it have to do with clearance and stuffs or having to go from one location to another just to receive lectures?? Or that feeling of being a fresher?

And what's the fuss about Physics?? I been hearing talks about it being somehow smiley.

lol , the clearance really went a long way and how did you know am not the party type? grin , we received all lectures in one class so that definitely wasn't it , there are many time wasters all around especially senior colleagues for their own interests , sometimes it takes wisdom to avoid them cos you don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Physics is cool , you just have to read it early and answer enough past questions before the exam , the problem with it is the none of the above option which could be confusing and the lecturers are hardly ever good .

2 Likes

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
bataderemi:
Tk u! No time miss...... U knw this

lol , yea I know , which semester are you guys?

2 Likes

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
walex2bad:

Challenging and tasking I must say.... It is also an interesting course I guess... Am still yet to resume to 200l, because we are still on break# how are you finding the course over there @UniBen?

just there , at least the ministry is moving forward smiley

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2014
Elantracey:

lol , yea I know , which semester are you guys?
2nd, u?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
chizzy94:

LOL cheesy... I wasn't lieing when I said I've been following you for a while. I see your posts and I read your diary likewise, so that was how I got to know your kind of person and that's good really.

The bolded raised my eye brow sadsmiley; #FeelingSick so it is for real?? cheesy. I have God, I have everything anywaysmiley.

You still have your materials, some atleast if not all available??

yea right smiley

no I don't , I've given them all out but I could ask my friends in lower levels for ya .

Bye the way happy new month great engineers .

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Lets Talk About Ijmb (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) / What Do You Call The Little Dot Above The Letter "I"? / Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.