Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran (2307 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning / What Bible Passages Keep You Going And Strong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by gbekumoyan(f): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2008
mazaje:

spirituality or delusion? why do christains and moslems always try to evade complete nonsense and stupidity in the bible and koran by saying that you need sprituality to understand them? and that who so ever that god has blinded or lead astray no body can make him see the light . you guys go about saying that people can not understand things of the spirit because your beliefs have been but into question and doubt. what spirit are you guys talking about? how do u explian or give justification for all the killings,looting and enslavement that god has ordered people to carry out against those that do not believe in him or his people be it the jews or the arabs in the bible and the koran? all you have to your defence is sprit and the lack of understanding of it, what stupid spirit?

how will you feel if your pastor tells you to kill some one because god or allah told him to tell you to do so? instead of trying to explain things through the so called spirit which i believe all of you guys know you can't, u go around spewing rubbish and threating people with perdition. what spirit of understanding do u need when the bible says that snakes eat dust? what spiritual understanding do you need when god oders people to scarifice their animals or children to him? or when god says in some parts of the old testament and in the koran that he hate/dislikes the unbelievers? who created the unbelievers according to the bible and the koran? why give the unbelievers free will and then dislike or hate them for giving them things they never asked for and odering people to kill them on your behalf for their unbelief?

why does god need people to fight for him and kill his enemies or the enemies of his chosen people ? how can the creatures of god be his enemies ? why does god have a chosen people? why did god choose to reveal himself to people of the middle east and not people in china, indai, or the americas? why are there no prophets from china, india or the americas even though they have been in existance during the times of the prophets of the bible and the koran? why should god choose a particular part of the world and a particular group of people and reveal himself to them and not others? does that make sense? if it doesnt then explain to us in spritual terms what you understand by those actions.

I want all you sprit filled people to provide justification through the spirit for us on all the massacres, looting, human scarifice and slavery that were ordered by god in the bible and the koran since the bible states that god does not change and he is the same today,yesterday and forever. or has god changed his nature?

You still don't get it? It's like telling someone who is not musically inclined to sing from musical notes.

If I attempt to answer your questions, I know we will be going back & forth like I see on the forum. I’m not interested in that. I don't claim to have answers to all the questions in the world, but, I can say that the Holy Spirit teaches and gives answers to some of the questions raised by those who carry His presence. The bible says the Holy Spirit will teach me all truth and He’s been doing that…, and that’s exactly what I mean when I say it takes spiritual people to understand spiritual matters.

No matter how much you try, the frail human mind can not comprehend the things of God, except with the help of the Holy Spirit. How else can I explain the fact that it’s difficult to understand that God is not evil and that all the evil we see is caused by Lucifer, who brought evil into the world through his arrogant thoughts and since then, God’s been eliminating evil from the world without tampering with the freewill of man. Tell me friends, what would you do if you built a beautiful estate and someone came to destroy it? Hug him and say, ‘beautiful job’ or find a way to stop him from perpetuating his evil?

I don't know how else to explain why it’s difficult to understand and acknowledge the sovereignty of God despite the telltale signs all around.

Hey friends, let’s get down to it. You need Jesus!

That’s the only way out of the confusion in the world. I know you will likely ask series of questions after you have read this. The answer to your question(s) is contained in this post already (the Holy Spirit will teach you all truth, if you seek Him).

Much love kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by gbekumoyan(f): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2008
mazaje:

spirituality or delusion? why do christains and moslems always try to evade complete nonsense and stupidity in the bible and koran by saying that you need sprituality to understand them? and that who so ever that god has blinded or lead astray no body can make him see the light . you guys go about saying that people can not understand things of the spirit because your beliefs have been but into question and doubt. what spirit are you guys talking about? how do u explian or give justification for all the killings,looting and enslavement that god has ordered people to carry out against those that do not believe in him or his people be it the jews or the arabs in the bible and the koran? all you have to your defence is sprit and the lack of understanding of it, what stupid spirit?

how will you feel if your pastor tells you to kill some one because god or allah told him to tell you to do so? instead of trying to explain things through the so called spirit which i believe all of you guys know you can't, u go around spewing rubbish and threating people with perdition. what spirit of understanding do u need when the bible says that snakes eat dust? what spiritual understanding do you need when god oders people to scarifice their animals or children to him? or when god says in some parts of the old testament and in the koran that he hate/dislikes the unbelievers? who created the unbelievers according to the bible and the koran? why give the unbelievers free will and then dislike or hate them for giving them things they never asked for and odering people to kill them on your behalf for their unbelief?

why does god need people to fight for him and kill his enemies or the enemies of his chosen people ? how can the creatures of god be his enemies ? why does god have a chosen people? why did god choose to reveal himself to people of the middle east and not people in china, indai, or the americas? why are there no prophets from china, india or the americas even though they have been in existance during the times of the prophets of the bible and the koran? why should god choose a particular part of the world and a particular group of people and reveal himself to them and not others? does that make sense? if it doesnt then explain to us in spritual terms what you understand by those actions.

I want all you sprit filled people to provide justification through the spirit for us on all the massacres, looting, human scarifice and slavery that were ordered by god in the bible and the koran since the bible states that god does not change and he is the same today,yesterday and forever. or has god changed his nature?

You still don't get it? It's like telling someone who is not musically inclined to sing from musical notes.

If I attempt to answer your questions, I know we will be going back & forth like I see on the forum. I’m not interested in that. I don't claim to have answers to all the questions in the world, but, I can say that the Holy Spirit teaches and gives answers to some of the questions raised by those who carry His presence. The bible says the Holy Spirit will teach me all truth and He’s been doing that…, and that’s exactly what I mean when I say it takes spiritual people to understand spiritual matters.

No matter how much you try, the frail human mind can not comprehend the things of God, except with the help of the Holy Spirit. How else can I explain the fact that it’s difficult to understand that God is not evil and that all the evil we see is caused by Lucifer, who brought evil into the world through his arrogant thoughts and since then, God’s been eliminating evil from the world without tampering with the freewill of man. Tell me friends, what would you do if you built a beautiful estate and someone came to destroy it? Hug him and say, ‘beautiful job’ or find a way to stop him from perpetuating his evil?

I don't know how else to explain why it’s difficult to understand and acknowledge the sovereignty of God despite the telltale signs all around.

Hey friends, let’s get down to it. You need Jesus!

That’s the only way out of the confusion in the world. I know you will likely ask series of questions after you have read this. The answer to your question(s) is contained in this post already (the Holy Spirit will teach you all truth, if you seek Him).

Much love kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 30, 2008
mazaje:

spirituality or delusion? why do christains and moslems always try to evade complete nonsense and stupidity in the bible and koran by saying that you need sprituality to understand them?

I saw one fantastic answer to this question . . .

gbekumoyan:

May God bless you ma'am for this wise answer.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by Lady2(f): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2008
OK, turn your bible to Leviticus 27 and read the following verses;

26 " 'No one, however, may dedicate the firstborn of an animal, since the firstborn already belongs to the LORD; whether an ox [k] or a sheep, it is the LORD's. 27 If it is one of the unclean animals, he may buy it back at its set value, adding a fifth of the value to it. If he does not redeem it, it is to be sold at its set value.

28 " 'But nothing that a man owns and devotes [l] to the LORD -whether man or animal or family land—may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the LORD.

29 " 'No person devoted to destruction may be ransomed; he must be put to death.

30 " 'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. 31 If a man redeems any of his tithe, he must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 The entire tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd's rod—will be holy to the LORD. 33 He must not pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If he does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.' "

Is god asking for human sacrifices here? methink so

I think I might need you to go through each of the verses and tell me what is wrong in them as you view it that is, so that I would know how to respond to it.

Human sacrifice where. God doesn't take anything unclean so how can the killing of a destructive person be a sacrifice for God.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2008
Verse 29 does not mean that the person is a destruction person. It means that the person has been earmarked for destruction. This is how it read on New Century Version;

Lev 27: 29 'If anyone is given for the purpose of being destroyed, he cannot be brought back; he must be put to death'

What does it say in your Catholic bible?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by NegroNtns(m): 3:10am On Jul 31, 2008
@Post

There is more evil than you have revealed my brother.

Did you not see where it was promised that for those that blaspheme against Abraham and the children of Abraham and the tribes of Abraham;

, a day shall come when Huxley's IP address shall be revealed;
, and the IP from both his desktop and his laptop shall lead men to his whereabouts;
, and on a day when the sun shall cast its shadows on the horizon;
, Huxley shall be sneaked upon;
, like thieves in the night, men shall reveal their presence to him;
, and on that day Huxley shall have no cover, nor a relief;
, and the blasphemer Huxley shall be made to account for what his hands and thoughts have sent before this day.

Huxley, Keep it coming; it is coming up with you! cool
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

@Post

Did you not see where it was promised that for those that blaspheme against Abraham and the children of Abraham and the tribes of Abraham;

, and the IP from both his desktop and his laptop shall lead men to his whereabouts;
, and the blasphemer Huxley shall be made to account for what his hands and thoughts have sent before this day.

Huxley, Keep it coming; it is coming up with you! cool

Is this a threat? Why ar eyou threatening me?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by olabowale(m): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
@Huxley:

Do you know of any evil passages in the Abrahamic scriptures - the Bible and the Ko-ran? Here are a few that would fall way below modern standards and which are definitely evil by any standard;

Bible:

1) Exodus 21: 17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
2) Exodus 22:29 �Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.�
3) All of Leviticus (Example Leviticus 27: 27 - 30, god asking for human sacrifices , yummy)

And this is what my New Century Version of the bible says about Lev 27: 29.

"If anyone is given for the purpose of being destroyed, he cannot be brought back; he must be put to death."

Kor-an:

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)
"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians], until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

Can you come up with some more?

First, there is nothing called Kor-an, it is Qur'an. Kaf in your Kor-an is not the same with Qaf of the Qur'an. The ' is Ain, in the Qur'an. Its complecated, and I know your heart is not yet matured enough to take it, because of your hardheartedness, which is still leading you to disbelief in the existence of Singular Lord God the Almighty Creator Allah.

What you will find out, is that your can ask sincerely gebuine questions on any verse of the Qur'an. We have tafsir and ahadith which are the primary sources to explain the Verses of Qur'an.

In a nutshell the three verses you listed above, though labelled incorrectly as to your assignment of number to the verses in the chapters they occurred, I have answered them in your thread directed to my name.

In short, 9 Verse 27 gives the muslims the authority to expand Islam, routing out the people who believe in falsehood, while holding out from entering the light of Islam.

The people of the Book, though used to be believers, originally when their individual books were being revealed to the individual messenger and or prophet, they became deviant, starting from sometime after the messenger/prophet was already away from their community.

They thereby began to practice their religion according to their desire, changing the content of their books, to fit their new procedure which they invent in worship. Hence the book is corrupted and became inpure with the impure religion. To therefore claim that they follow their prophet still is false.

When they saw that a new prophet had arrived, which was the standing tradition known in human history, they refused to accept him, and rejected the authentic Sharia which guides the heart to righteousness.

Hence they were disbelievers, who should be subdued and not be respected. Please refer to my entry on "Question for Olabowale."

And as to 9 verse 123, which you label as 121, it simply let us know that the disbelievers (the word infidel is not an Islamic word, but made up by the nonmuslims, since they have it in the bible, (NT), they wanted to have it in the Qur'an as well. This is wrong) around the muslims, if given the chance, they will utterly destroy the muslims, by waging ways against the muslims.

Infact, they are always looking for ways to undermine Islam. Why would a person who have no sincere respect for God be expected to respect you anyhow, if your sole worship and focus is to God Almighty? This is the condition that the muslims are in, always.

The crusades in Europe and Middle east waged upon the muslims, etc and finally bringing about the Spanish inquisition on the muslims, etc, are good less recent examples of how the muslims are the preyed upon people, when ever the opportunity arises.

We can not doscount the present state of wars and future wars that will be waged upon the muslims, by whoever is in power, as long as they are not muslims.

Finally as 5; 51 clearly indicates, we can see that even the Christian has a wing that supportsIsrael. Always trying to bring about the so called inevitable Armageddon, thinking that they will force the Hands of God to bring an end to Islam and of course the easy picking of the jews who would refuse Jesus.

A non muslim friend is always trying to undermine Islam. They will never be happy until you join their party.

Let me give you my own personal experience. I am in high stake industry. I have been approached by many Nigerian Christian pastors, some of them called themselves prophets.

I have told them never to say their prophets around me because i know that they are liars. All of this is in New York City. Even though I have a facade of a typical muslim, they still want to pray for me so that my job is well.

I will not deny anyone to pray for me, just as long as i do not ask them, especially the nonmuslim and as long as no one is asking me to participate. I really will not and i do not care for their prayers, anyway. But they never stop, even as i let them know that my belief is not something I compromise in.

Their desire is that I become like them. This tells you you can not take them as bosssom buddy, an intimate friend. they will undermine your religion at the first opportunity. You can not take a nonmuslim as a greater friend over a muslim.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by olabowale(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2008
@Huxley:

Quote from: Negro_Ntns on Today at 03:10:53 AM
@Post

Huxley, Keep it coming; it is coming up with you!

What you will find, except a muslim is ignorant, and we have plenty among us, though completely wrong, is that a sincere question of islam will be given sincere honest answer, directly and relevant to the question.

I will do that with you. The answer may not satisfy your bleading heart liberal warped conscience, but will have an answer anyway. This was why I presented the idea of your mom being attacked, yesterday to see what you will do.

Since i am not sure that you are married and have any children. Maybe you discard the african quality of having a family for the eurocentic terrible quality of not caring for family, hence i used mom and child relationship in your case. lets have a hearty discussion whenever you feel like it. Islam is very complete and stands very clearly on all matters of religion.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by NegroNtns(m): 1:46am On Aug 02, 2008

Huxley, what are you talking about? I was only asking if you saw those scriptural quotes and deliberately omitted them. It looks like a fitted cap, does it not? cool
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by nossycheek(f): 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2008
Surprising, only xtians are answering their bit while muslims keep mute
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by MCUsman(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
nossycheek:

Surprising, only xtians are answering their bit while muslims keep mute

Shine your eyes shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

olabowale:

@Huxley:
First, there is nothing called Kor-an, it is Qur'an. Kaf in your Kor-an is not the same with Qaf of the Qur'an. The ' is Ain, in the Qur'an. Its complecated, and I know your heart is not yet matured enough to take it, because of your hardheartedness, which is still leading you to disbelief in the existence of Singular Lord God the Almighty Creator Allah.

What you will find out, is that your can ask sincerely gebuine questions on any verse of the Qur'an. We have tafsir and ahadith which are the primary sources to explain the Verses of Qur'an.

In a nutshell the three verses you listed above, though labelled incorrectly as to your assignment of number to the verses in the chapters they occurred, I have answered them in your thread directed to my name.

In short, 9 Verse 27 gives the muslims the authority to expand Islam, routing out the people who believe in falsehood, while holding out from entering the light of Islam.

The people of the Book, though used to be believers, originally when their individual books were being revealed to the individual messenger and or prophet, they became deviant, starting from sometime after the messenger/prophet was already away from their community.

They thereby began to practice their religion according to their desire, changing the content of their books, to fit their new procedure which they invent in worship. Hence the book is corrupted and became inpure with the impure religion. To therefore claim that they follow their prophet still is false.

When they saw that a new prophet had arrived, which was the standing tradition known in human history, they refused to accept him, and rejected the authentic Sharia which guides the heart to righteousness.

Hence they were disbelievers, who should be subdued and not be respected. Please refer to my entry on "Question for Olabowale."

And as to 9 verse 123, which you label as 121, it simply let us know that the disbelievers (the word infidel is not an Islamic word, but made up by the nonmuslims, since they have it in the bible, (NT), they wanted to have it in the Qur'an as well. This is wrong) around the muslims, if given the chance, they will utterly destroy the muslims, by waging ways against the muslims.

Infact, they are always looking for ways to undermine Islam. Why would a person who have no sincere respect for God be expected to respect you anyhow, if your sole worship and focus is to God Almighty? This is the condition that the muslims are in, always.

The crusades in Europe and Middle east waged upon the muslims, etc and finally bringing about the Spanish inquisition on the muslims, etc, are good less recent examples of how the muslims are the preyed upon people, when ever the opportunity arises.

We can not doscount the present state of wars and future wars that will be waged upon the muslims, by whoever is in power, as long as they are not muslims.

Finally as 5; 51 clearly indicates, we can see that even the Christian has a wing that supportsIsrael. Always trying to bring about the so called inevitable Armageddon, thinking that they will force the Hands of God to bring an end to Islam and of course the easy picking of the jews who would refuse Jesus.

A non muslim friend is always trying to undermine Islam. They will never be happy until you join their party.

Let me give you my own personal experience. I am in high stake industry. I have been approached by many Nigerian Christian pastors, some of them called themselves prophets.

I have told them never to say their prophets around me because i know that they are liars. All of this is in New York City. Even though I have a facade of a typical muslim, they still want to pray for me so that my job is well.

I will not deny anyone to pray for me, just as long as i do not ask them, especially the nonmuslim and as long as no one is asking me to participate. I really will not and i do not care for their prayers, anyway. But they never stop, even as i let them know that my belief is not something I compromise in.

Their desire is that I become like them. This tells you you can not take them as bosssom buddy, an intimate friend. they will undermine your religion at the first opportunity. You can not take a nonmuslim as a greater friend over a muslim.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by marod(m): 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
When we contemplate summarizing the Islamic teachings concerning dealing with non-Muslims,we find that the following two verses of the Qur'an are sufficient,for they provide coprehensive guidelines in this matter.
Says Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala:
"Allah does not forbid you,with regard to those who do not fight you on account of your religion nor drive you out of your homes,to treat them with goodness and to be just to them;truly,Allah loves those who are just.Indeed,Allah forbids you (only)with regard to those who fight you on account of religion and drive you out of your homes,and assist (others) in driving you out,that you turn to them (in friendship); and whoever turns to them (in friendship),they are the wrongdoers. (Q60:8-9)
the first of these two verses only calls for justice and fairness indealing with non-Muslims who neither fight Muslims on religious grounds nor drive them out of therir homes-that is,those who are neither at war with,nor hostile to,Muslims-but also urges Muslims to be kind to them.The word Birr or "goodness" which is used in this verse is a very comprehensive term that kindness and generosity which is over and above justice;it is the same word which is used to describe the Muslim's duty to his parents. We have said that this verse calls for justice;as Allah says,"Allah loves those who are just,"
While Islam does not prohibit Muslims to be kind and generous to people of other religions,even if they are idolators and polytheists,it looks upon the people of the book, (i.e Jews and Christians), with special regards.The Qur'an never addresses them without saying,"O People of the book" or O You who have been give the book,"indicating that they were originally people of a revealed religion.For this reason there exists a relationship of mercy and spiritual kinship between them and the Muslims,all having in common the principle of the one true religion sent by Allah through his prophets (peace be on them all).
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by marod(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
A question which troubles some people and which is sometimes discussed openly is the following: How can we show kindness, affection, and good treatment to non-Muslims since Allah Ta'ala Himself prohibits Muslims to take non-believers as friends, allies, and supporters in such verses as the following:
"O you who believe, do not take the Jews and Christians as friends; they are the friends (only) of each other. And whoever among you turns to them (for friendship) is certainly one of them; indeed, Allah does not guide the people who do wrong, "
The answer to this is that these verses are not unconditional, to be applied to every Jews, Christian, or non-Muslims. Interpreting them in this manner contradicts the injunctions of the Qur'an which enjoins affection and kindness to the good and peace-loving people of every religion, as well as the verses which permit marriage to the women ot the people of the Book, with all that Allah says concerning marriage- "and He has put love and mercy between you" (30:21)- and the verse concerning the Christians:
", And thou wilt find those who say, 'Surely we are Christians,' to be nearest to them (the Muslims) in affection,
The verses cited above were revealed in connection with those people who were hostile to Islam and made war upon the Muslims. Accordingly, it is not permissible for the Muslims to support or assist them- that is,to be their ally- nor to entrust them with secrets at the expense of his own religion and community. This point is explained in other verses, in which Allah Ta'ala says;
They will spare nothing to ruin you; they yearn for what makes you suffer. Hatred has been expressed by their mouths, but what their hearts conceal is still greater. Thus have We made clear to you the revelations (or signs), if you possess understanding. Ah! You love them, but they do not love you, (3:118-119)
This ayah throws light on the character of such people, who conceal great enmity and hatred against the Muslims in their hearts and whose tongue express some of the effects osf such hostility. With this type of people, friendship and alliance cannot be peritted. Yet in spite of this, the Qur'an did not dismiss the hope that some day there might be a reconciliation; it did not declare utter disappointment in them but encouraged the Muslims to entertain the hope of better circumstances and improved relationship, for in the same surah Allah says;
It may be that Allah will bring about affection between you and those who are your enemies fromaong them. And Allah is All-Powerful, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful (60:7)
This Qur'anic statement gives the assurance that this bitter host hostility and deep hatred will pass way, as it is also stated in the hadith,
"Hate your enemy mildly; he may become your freind one day."
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by Lady2(f): 2:47am On Aug 08, 2008
Verse 29 does not mean that the person is a destruction person. It means that the person has been earmarked for destruction. This is how it read on New Century Version;

earmarked by whom? everyone has a choice. To use your own word to tell the actual saying: the person earmarked himself for destruction, as in the person chooses to be destructive.
Don't put your owninterpretation into it thank you.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by Lady2(f): 3:11am On Aug 08, 2008
A question which troubles some people and which is sometimes discussed openly is the following: How can we show kindness, affection, and good treatment to non-Muslims since Allah Ta'ala Himself prohibits Muslims to take non-believers as friends, allies, and supporters in such verses as the following:
"O you who believe, do not take the Jews and Christians as friends; they are the friends (only) of each other. And whoever among you turns to them (for friendship) is certainly one of them; indeed, Allah does not guide the people who do wrong, "
The answer to this is that these verses are not unconditional, to be applied to every Jews, Christian, or non-Muslims. Interpreting them in this manner contradicts the injunctions of the Qur'an which enjoins affection and kindness to the good and peace-loving people of every religion, as well as the verses which permit marriage to the women ot the people of the Book, with all that Allah says concerning marriage- "and He has put love and mercy between you" (30:21)- and the verse concerning the Christians:

The nice verses were abrogated when "Allah" decided to wage war against the Christians and Jews. Not because the Jews and Christians were a physical threat but because they did not buy into Muhammad infact they ignored him, and expected all to see through him. Basically brushing him aside. Muhammad became angry and resorted to calling them "apes and swine" and no it is not to some Jews, but to all Jews.
The nice verses were revealed before the Jews and Christians rejected Islam, the not so nice ones were revealed after the Jews and Christians rejected Islam. Allah changed his word, he abrogated the former and replaced it with the latter.

", And thou wilt find those who say, 'Surely we are Christians,' to be nearest to them (the Muslims) in affection,
The verses cited above were  revealed in connection with those people who were hostile to Islam and made war upon the Muslims. Accordingly, it is not permissible for the Muslims to support or assist them- that is,to be their ally- nor to entrust them with secrets at the expense of his own religion and community. This point is explained in other verses, in which Allah Ta'ala says;
They will spare nothing to ruin you; they yearn for what makes you suffer. Hatred has been expressed by their mouths, but what their hearts conceal is still greater. Thus have We made clear to you the revelations (or signs), if you possess understanding. Ah! You love them, but they do not love you, (3:118-119)

Sorry but no one was hostile to Islam, Islam was ignored. The hositility came when Islam desecrated the holy lands of the Jews and Christians and killed the Jews and Christians giving them the option of choose Islam or choose death.
The hostility began with Islam.

This Qur'anic statement gives the assurance that this bitter host hostility and deep hatred will pass way, as it is also stated in the hadith,
"Hate your enemy mildly; he may become your freind one day."

So how then will you explain this:

"Allah's Apostle said, 'The Hour will not be established until you fight all the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say, 'O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him." - Bukhari, vol 4, book 56, no. 2926.

Another Hadith proclaims "When judgment day arrives, Allah will give every Muslim, a Jew or a Christian to kill so that the Muslim will not enter into hell fire." - Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol 2, no. 5552.

Indeed there will be peace but only after all converts to Islam or dies in their "unbelieving faith"

Don't come here to try to paint Islam as a religion of peace, it is only peace for Muslims. If not why then are the Christians and Jews still persecuted in the muslims lands. They are not allowed to practice their faith openly. No one objects to muslims in America or in other nations that are not predominantly muslim. Muslims are allowed to practice their faith everywhere, but others cannot practice their faith in muslim lands. That is not peace my dear.

Universal jihad will not end until everyone dies or converts to Islam.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by mazaje(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
Another Hadith proclaims "When judgment day arrives, Allah will give every Muslim, a Jew or a Christian to kill so that the Muslim will not enter into hell fire." - Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol 2, no. 5552.

What is wrong with this babric religions? why does jehova and allah love blood,death and destruction so much?

Man really created god in his own image.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olukoya Honours 19 First- Class Graduates With Car Gifts / Obama Step Mother In Scoan / The Spiritual Danger Of Having Unholy Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.