Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran (2301 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning / What Bible Passages Keep You Going And Strong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2008
Do you know of any evil passages in the Abrahamic scriptures - the Bible and the Ko-ran? Here are a few that would fall way below modern standards and which are definitely evil by any standard;

Bible:

1) Exodus 21: 17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
2) Exodus 22:29 �Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.�
3) All of Leviticus (Example Leviticus 27: 27 - 30, god asking for human sacrifices , yummy)

And this is what my New Century Version of the bible says about Lev 27: 29.

"[size=16pt]If anyone is given for the purpose of being destroyed, he cannot be brought back; he must be put to death.[/size]"

Kor-an:

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)
"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians], until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

Can you come up with some more?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by mazaje(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2008
There are other parts that talk about love, peace and togetherness as well. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2008
The God of the Bible is a God of love but also a God of justice.

Today we have so many young people rising up and cursing there parents and even going as far as killing there parents, I would say that Exodus 21: 17 is kinda harsh I still see the cursing of parents as a sin that can lead to destruction, for noth the parents and the child.

As for Exodus 22:29 I belive that we should give all we have not just the first things, but all we have to God service, food, cars ec.
but I do agree with you on the Ko-ran.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by Lady2(f): 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2008
) Exodus 21: 17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
2) Exodus 22:29 �Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.�
3) All of Leviticus

1. do you advocate the cursing of mother and father? that is a great abomination. no one has to lay hands on you, one way or the other you will pay for it and even by your own hands or your children's hands.
2 how is given ripe fruits and liquors to God evil? God didn't ask that we kill firstborn, but that we offer them as servers of the Lord. Today we consecrate our children unto God, you do not hear of people killing their children, but taking them to Church and promising God to raise them accoding to his laws. That is giving your firtsborn sons to him. In that time they were to be servers in the house of God, as priests or more.
3 You have to be specific.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2008
~Lady~:

1. do you advocate the cursing of mother and father? that is a great abomination. no one
has to lay hands on you, one way or the other you will pay for it and even by your own hands or your children's hands.
2 how is given ripe fruits and liquors to God evil? God didn't ask that we kill firstborn, but that we offer them as servers of the Lord. Today we consecrate our children unto God, you do not hear of people killing their children, but taking them to Church and promising God to raise them accoding to his laws. That is giving your firtsborn sons to him. In that time they were to be servers in the house of God, as priests or more.
3 You have to be specific.

OK, turn your bible to Leviticus 27 and read the following verses;

26 " 'No one, however, may dedicate the firstborn of an animal, since the firstborn already belongs to the LORD; whether an ox [k] or a sheep, it is the LORD's. 27 If it is one of the unclean animals, he may buy it back at its set value, adding a fifth of the value to it. If he does not redeem it, it is to be sold at its set value.

28 " 'But nothing that a man owns and devotes [l] to the LORD -whether man or animal or family land—may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the LORD.

29 " 'No person devoted to destruction may be ransomed; he must be put to death.

30 " 'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. 31 If a man redeems any of his tithe, he must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 The entire tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd's rod—will be holy to the LORD. 33 He must not pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If he does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.' "

Is god asking for human sacrifices here? methink so.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2008
According too the Bible there is many ways to offer a living sacrifice, to kill the animal, to give the animal, Putting to death can also mean to separate from something, as we are dead to God until we accept Christ.
Samuel was given as a Sacrifice to God, he was Not killed, but He served God in the Tabernacle, in other words he was given to God as Living Sacrifice, He served God for the rest of his Life and He died in Gods service

We are told to give our lives as a living Sacrifice to God, Not to Go kill are self's, but to serve him with all that we have.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

According too the Bible there is many ways to offer a living sacrifice, to kill the animal, to give the animal, Putting to death can also mean to separate from something, as we are dead to God until we accept Christ.
Samuel was given as a Sacrifice to God, he was Not killed, but He served God in the Tabernacle, in other words he was given to God as Living Sacrifice, He served God for the rest of his Life and He died in Gods service

We are told to give our lives as a living Sacrifice to God, Not to Go kill are self's, but to serve him with all that we have.

Pardon me please. Can I urge you to think a little? Leviticus was written about 1000 years before the New Testament, at which time offering sacrificial animals and plants to god was the norm. Lev 27:29 clearly says if someone had been dedicated to god, "He must be put to death".

Was this practised 1000 years before Jesus arrived?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 11:37am On Jul 29, 2008
The verse does not say Man as you quoted it.
Leviticus 27:29(read it again)
And also check in your Bible if someone somewhere give His/Her child to God and it was than killed. No you find that The child would be in God service (Like Samuel),You will find no were in the Bible were children are killed as a sacrifice to God.
"put to Death" as I have already written can also mean, to separate from something are someone. It does not have to mean killing.
Adam and Eve were "put to Death", thy were separated from God, not killed.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

The verse does not say Man as you quoted it.
Leviticus 27:29(read it again)
And also check in your Bible if someone somewhere give His/Her child to God and it was than killed. No you find that The child would be in God service (Like Samuel),You will find no were in the Bible were children are killed as a sacrifice to God.
"put to Death" as I have already written can also mean, to separate from something are someone. It does not have to mean killing.
Adam and Eve were "put to Death", thy were separated from God, not killed.

You surely do NOT know your bible then. Why not turn to Judges 11 and read about how a daughter being sacrifice to god;
================================================================================

1Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

2And Gilead's wife bare him sons; and his wife's sons grew up, and they thrust out Jephthah, and said unto him, Thou shalt not inherit in our father's house; for thou art the son of a strange woman.

3Then Jephthah fled from his brethren, and dwelt in the land of Tob: and there were gathered vain men to Jephthah, and went out with him.

4And it came to pass in process of time, that the children of Ammon made war against Israel.

5And it was so, that when the children of Ammon made war against Israel, the elders of Gilead went to fetch Jephthah out of the land of Tob:

6And they said unto Jephthah, Come, and be our captain, that we may fight with the children of Ammon.

7And Jephthah said unto the elders of Gilead, Did not ye hate me, and expel me out of my father's house? and why are ye come unto me now when ye are in distress?

8And the elders of Gilead said unto Jephthah, Therefore we turn again to thee now, that thou mayest go with us, and fight against the children of Ammon, and be our head over all the inhabitants of Gilead.

9And Jephthah said unto the elders of Gilead, If ye bring me home again to fight against the children of Ammon, and the LORD deliver them before me, shall I be your head?

10And the elders of Gilead said unto Jephthah, The LORD be witness between us, if we do not so according to thy words.

11Then Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and captain over them: and Jephthah uttered all his words before the LORD in Mizpeh.

12And Jephthah sent messengers unto the king of the children of Ammon, saying, What hast thou to do with me, that thou art come against me to fight in my land?

13And the king of the children of Ammon answered unto the messengers of Jephthah, Because Israel took away my land, when they came up out of Egypt, from Arnon even unto Jabbok, and unto Jordan: now therefore restore those lands again peaceably.

14And Jephthah sent messengers again unto the king of the children of Ammon:

15And said unto him, Thus saith Jephthah, Israel took not away the land of Moab, nor the land of the children of Ammon:

16But when Israel came up from Egypt, and walked through the wilderness unto the Red sea, and came to Kadesh;

17Then Israel sent messengers unto the king of Edom, saying, Let me, I pray thee, pass through thy land: but the king of Edom would not hearken thereto. And in like manner they sent unto the king of Moab: but he would not consent: and Israel abode in Kadesh.

18Then they went along through the wilderness, and compassed the land of Edom, and the land of Moab, and came by the east side of the land of Moab, and pitched on the other side of Arnon, but came not within the border of Moab: for Arnon was the border of Moab.

19And Israel sent messengers unto Sihon king of the Amorites, the king of Heshbon; and Israel said unto him, Let us pass, we pray thee, through thy land into my place.

20But Sihon trusted not Israel to pass through his coast: but Sihon gathered all his people together, and pitched in Jahaz, and fought against Israel.

21And the LORD God of Israel delivered Sihon and all his people into the hand of Israel, and they smote them: so Israel possessed all the land of the Amorites, the inhabitants of that country.

22And they possessed all the coasts of the Amorites, from Arnon even unto Jabbok, and from the wilderness even unto Jordan.

23So now the LORD God of Israel hath dispossessed the Amorites from before his people Israel, and shouldest thou possess it?

24Wilt not thou possess that which Chemosh thy god giveth thee to possess? So whomsoever the LORD our God shall drive out from before us, them will we possess.

25And now art thou any thing better than Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab? did he ever strive against Israel, or did he ever fight against them,

26While Israel dwelt in Heshbon and her towns, and in Aroer and her towns, and in all the cities that be along by the coasts of Arnon, three hundred years? why therefore did ye not recover them within that time?

27Wherefore I have not sinned against thee, but thou doest me wrong to war against me: the LORD the Judge be judge this day between the children of Israel and the children of Ammon.

28Howbeit the king of the children of Ammon hearkened not unto the words of Jephthah which he sent him.

29Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon.

30And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,

31Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

32So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.

33And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.

34And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.

35And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.

36And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.

37And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.

38And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.

39And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,

40That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

================================================================================

Did I hear god calling out, "No , no , no. Do not sacrifice your beloved daughter to me. This is NOT the kind of thing I approve of?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2008
And this is what my New Century Version of the bible says about Lev 27: 29.

"[size=16pt]If anyone is given for the purpose of being destroyed, he cannot be brought back; he must be put to death.[/size]"
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2008
Did I hear god calling out,  "No , no , no.  Do not sacrifice your beloved daughter to me. This is NOT the kind of thing I approve of?

No I did not, but I also did not hear him say, Do it, do it Jephthah, kill your daughter. but that one got me, I had read it before, I just missed it, I guss.

I do not understand fully why God allowed that, but Do not see him requesting it EITHER.
But I find comfort in the idea that Jephthahs beloved daughter was willing, I'm sure i will see her in Heaven.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

No I did not, but I also did not hear him say, Do it, do it Jephthah, kill your daughter. but that one got me, I had read it before, I just missed it, I guss.

I do not understand fully why God allowed that, but Do not see him requesting it EITHER.
But I find comfort in the idea that Jephthahs beloved daughter was willing, I'm sure i will see her in Heaven.

If this is a commendable act, could you follow Jephthahs example and sacrifice you daughter too? After all, you will meet her again in heaven.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2008
Japheth gave his Daughter to God because God gave him Victory. I do Not need to do that, God has already given me Victory. All the blood has already bin given, By Jesus the Christ. We have no need for sacrifice Animal or Human, The price has already bin paid
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

Japheth gave his Daughter to God because God gave him Victory. I do Not need to do that, God has already given me Victory. All the blood has already bin given, By Jesus the Christ. We have no need for sacrifice Animal or Human, The price has already bin paid

Was his act a commendable act then?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2008
huxley:

Was his act a commendable act then?
No! I believe he could have given God a lamb or given some Other vow. He vowed something he should not have. I would have done it different from the first. I would not have given the vow that he did. I Know God could have given him The Victory without His vow
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2008
Japheth bound himself by vow he did not have to give.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

No! I believe he could have given God a lamb or given some Other vow. He vowed something he should not have. I would have done it different from the first. I would not have given the vow that he did. I Know God could have given him The Victory without His vow

Now just think about the wider implications

Firstly, was this an isolated incident or was it a practice embedded in the society? Why would he think sacrificing his beloved daughter would be the sort of thing god would be pleased with? Could he have had friends and neighbours who would do similarly should a happenstance favour them? Although it is not stated in the bible, and if the story is true, do you think this would have been an isolated incident?

Secondly, when god commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son, we did not see/hear any objections from Abraham. I wonder why! Could it be because child-sacrifice was a regular practice in their society?

Abraham is recorded to have objected strong when god was going to destroy Sodom&Gomorah. He pleaded and remonstarted with god. But for his own son, he did not plead. I wonder why?

Also think about all the women and innocent children god would have killed through Japheth. For if god gave him victory, then god allowed the killing of these innocent people.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2008
Note: Japheth did not know it would be his daughter who would come to great him. in Verse 30 he sad whatsoever not whosoever.

As for Abraham, you have mist the point of the story.
The story is there to show some things.
First: that Abraham had faith in God, Genesis 21:8
He did not need to question God because God had already promised Abraham that Isaac would become a great nation. Abraham knew God, and he knew God would provide a lamb, instead of his son.

You are right when you say that sacrificing children was Normal back then. the people around Israel and also in times Israel itself would offer there children to gods(like Mo-lech). But i have yet to see God asking and taking the life of a child as a sacrifice.

You are also right about God ordering Israel to slay at different point in history certain Nations.

Note that all these Nations had prosecuted Israel( Gods People) and Gods promise to Abraham stated That God would curse them that cursed Israel. Those Nations Israel destroyed were destroyed because thy went against Israel.
As for those children that were killed, the were saved from a future of hatred toward Gods people
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

Note: Japheth did not know it would be his daughter who would come to great him. in Verse 30 he sad whatsoever not whosoever.

As for Abraham, you have mist the point of the story.
The story is there to show some things.
First: that Abraham had faith in God, Genesis 21:8
He did not need to question God because God had already promised Abraham that Isaac would become a great nation. Abraham knew God, and he knew God would provide a lamb, instead of his son.

You are right when you say that sacrificing children was Normal back then. the people around Israel and also in times Israel itself would offer there children to gods(like Mo-lech). But i have yet to see God asking and taking the life of a child as a sacrifice.

You are also right about God ordering Israel to slay at different point in history certain Nations.

Note that all these Nations had prosecuted Israel( Gods People) and Gods promise to Abraham stated That God would curse them that cursed Israel. Those Nations Israel destroyed were destroyed because thy went against Israel.
As for those children that were killed, the were saved from a future of hatred toward Gods people

This is Judges 11:

30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,

31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

What did he expect might come out of his house to greet him - animals (dogs, goats, pigs, horse)? Did they live with such animals in the house? They might have lived with dogs as domestic pets, but would dogs have been allowed as burnt offerings? Methink not. Dogs were unclean.

Did they have goats, horses in the house? What else could have come out of his house to meet him?

Where the non-Jewish nations any less human? Did they deserve to be treated the way the Jews treated them - killing all their children, animals and looting their possessions?

Would any of such acts be acceptable today? If not why not?

Is morality a function of time?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2008
Got to go I'll be back smiley wait for me wink
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by wirinet(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2008
Huxley,

You are one aggressive dude, well i feel you. I just advice you to take it slowly and gradually.

Please ask my fellow Christian how they would feel, if the jews came to their land and claim their God had given the land to them and kill all their Men, children, women, goats and lizard. Would you be ever disposed to worshiping such God, and accepting your conquerors are favoured by That God than you?

How do you expect the Palestinians to worship the God of their enemy, Should that God not act as a Peace Keeper and bring the two people together?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2008
wirinet:

Huxley,

You are one aggressive dude, well i feel you. I just advice you to take it slowly and gradually.

Please ask my fellow Christian how they would feel, if the jews came to their land and claim their God had given the land to them and kill all their Men, children, women, goats and lizard. Would you be ever disposed to worshiping such God, and accepting your conquerors are favoured by That God than you?

How do you expect the Palestinians to worship the God of their enemy, Should that God not act as a Peace Keeper and bring the two people together?

Don't mistake my tone on these post for my true nature. I am a very mild-mannered individual. I made a promise to myself about 25 years ago when I was considering what to believe that my only criterion for believing anything would be reason and philosophical consistency. I have trained myself in critical thinking to the extend that I can spot irrationality many miles off
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by t0kunb0(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ Hux:

hate 2 say dis, but morality is a function of time

change is d only constant thing in life, what is poison today is food 2mrw & vice-versa

but u rili av a stong xtian foundation & no how 2 state ur point. . . kudos 2 u
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2008
this must be the 679th time this topic is being dealt with. Is Huxley so bored?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2008
davidylan:

How often do you read your bible?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by gbekumoyan(f): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

hi huxley.

How are you today. I see you are still following 'the godless course'.
I really am not interested in your somewhat baseless controversies.
See, it takes spiritual people to understand spiritual things.
When you allow the transformation of your human spirit (brought about by the GOD whom you deny) take place, then, you'll understand these issues - for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

So, i say to you again, CHILD OF PERDITION, what exactly can you change about your creator? Such arrongance against the Almighty God brings destruction. Don't say i didn't warn you when you are called to question.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by JeSoul(f): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2008
davidylan:

I thot I was the only one who was wondering. Huxley is a disturbed man. For someone to so furiously, tirelessly and joblessly attack christianity like this is disturbing.

gbekumoyan:

hi huxley.

How are you today. I see you are still following 'the godless course'.
I really am not interested in your somewhat baseless controversies.
See, it takes spiritual people to understand spiritual things.
When you allow the transformation of your human spirit (brought about by the GOD whom you deny) take place, then, you'll understand these issues - for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

So, i say to you again, CHILD OF PERDITION, what exactly can you change about your creator? Such arrongance against the Almighty God brings destruction. Don't say i didn't warn you when you are called to question.

Thank you jare! I have been trying to tell him and everyone else attempting to answer his so-called "questions" to stop wasting their time.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2008
Huxley
first let me say that I had no idea you would be at least over 25. I am not nearly that age and would to apologize if I have been rude or if I have  disrespected you. I have been taught to respect my elders, even if thy are not christians.

This is Judges 11:

30  And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,

31   Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

What did he expect might come out of his house to greet him - animals (dogs, goats, pigs, horse)? Did they live with such animals in the house?  They might have lived with dogs as domestic pets, but would dogs have been allowed as burnt offerings?  Methink not.  Dogs were unclean.

Did they have goats, horses in the house?  What else could have come out of his house to meet him?

Where the non-Jewish nations any less human? Did they deserve to be treated the way the Jews treated them - killing all their children, animals and looting their possessions? 

As for what he might aspect to come out of is house, I would have to say that Yes he could of had chicken or lambs in his House.
I have been into eastern Europe and have some cool things, like the way the people in small tows build there Houses, thy but all the buildings ( living, barn, ) in a You-shape and then thy put a door across the opining, thus thy would have all there animals in there House. This could be the way his house was built. Thus any of his animals could have come out to greet him.

As for non-Jewish nations being less human, You and I know that is Not true according to the Bible. We are all Created equal.
The reason that many Nations were ordered by God to be destroyed is thy went against the Jews in the first place, thy had been persicuting Gods People and that just would not sit well with God, If those Nations ( Amman and others) had left the Jews be, thy would NOT have been Destroyed.
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2008
GOD_LOVES:

Huxley
first let me say that I had no idea you would be at least over 25. I am not nearly that age and would to apologize if I have been rude or if I have disrespected you. I have been taught to respect my elders, even if thy are not christians.

As for what he might aspect to come out of is house, I would have to say that Yes he could of had chicken or lambs in his House.
I have been into eastern Europe and have some cool things, like the way the people in small tows build there Houses, thy but all the buildings ( living, barn, ) in a You-shape and then thy put a door across the opining, thus thy would have all there animals in there House. This could be the way his house was built. Thus any of his animals could have come out to greet him.

As for non-Jewish nations being less human, You and I know that is Not true according to the Bible. We are all Created equal.
The reason that many Nations were ordered by God to be destroyed is thy went against the Jews in the first place, thy had been persicuting Gods People and that just would not sit well with God, If those Nations ( Amman and others) had left the Jews be, thy would NOT have been Destroyed.

You sound a very intelligent person from your post and I appreciate you coming back on this issue.

Let me deal with this first;
first let me say that I had no idea you would be at least over 25. I am not nearly that age and would to apologize if I have been rude or if I have disrespected you. I have been taught to respect my elders, even if thy are not christians.

Firstly,I do not think that you have been disrespectful to me. If you thought you were, I did not take offense. So don't worry about that. Anyway, nice to apologize. That is the hallmark of a great spirit.

Secondly, allow me to be a little pedantic, if you may. I want to pick on the comments highlighted in red. While it is good to adhere to principles you learnt as an infant, I find such comments a little unbecoming of adults. Could you not have arrived at the principles by reason alone? Supposing you had been taught immoral behaviour by your parents, should you adhere to such behaviour as an adult because there were taught by your parents? I hope I have appealed to your reason and not tradition.

As an intelligent person, I can feel the springs and wheels in your head working extra hard to come up with evasive answers to my question. Don't you think the simpler answers generally tend to be the better answers? Have you come across something called the principle of parsimony, also known as Occam's Razor? Check it out.

With all his might, could god not have invented a non-confrontational way of resolving the problems between his people that he loved and the people he did not love?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by mazaje(m): 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2008
spirituality or delusion? why do christains and moslems always try to evade complete nonsense and stupidity in the bible and koran by saying that you need sprituality to understand them? and that who so ever that god has blinded or lead astray no body can make him see the light . you guys go about saying that people can not understand things of the spirit because your beliefs have been but into question and doubt. what spirit are you guys talking about? how do u explian or give justification for all the killings,looting and enslavement that god has ordered people to carry out against those that do not believe in him or his people be it the jews or the arabs in the bible and the koran? all you have to your defence is sprit and the lack of understanding of it, what stupid spirit?

how will you feel if your pastor tells you to kill some one because god or allah told him to tell you to do so? instead of trying to explain things through the so called spirit which i believe all of you guys know you can't, u go around spewing rubbish and threating people with perdition. what spirit of understanding do u need when the bible says that snakes eat dust? what spiritual understanding do you need when god oders people to scarifice their animals or children to him? or when god says in some parts of the old testament and in the koran that he hate/dislikes the unbelievers? who created the unbelievers according to the bible and the koran? why give the unbelievers free will and then dislike or hate them for giving them things they never asked for and odering people to kill them on your behalf for their unbelief?

why does god need people to fight for him and kill his enemies or the enemies of his chosen people ? how can the creatures of god be his enemies ? why does god have a chosen people? why did god choose to reveal himself to people of the middle east and not people in china, indai, or the americas? why are there no prophets from china, india or the americas even though they have been in existance during the times of the prophets of the bible and the koran? why should god choose a particular part of the world and a particular group of people and reveal himself to them and not others? does that make sense? if it doesnt then explain to us in spritual terms what you understand by those actions.

I want all you sprit filled people to provide justification through the spirit for us on all the massacres, looting, human scarifice and slavery that were ordered by god in the bible and the koran since the bible states that god does not change and he is the same today,yesterday and forever. or has god changed his nature?
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by GODLOVES1: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2008
huxley:

Secondly, allow me to be a little pedantic, if you may. I want to pick on the comments highlighted in red. While it is good to adhere to principles you learnt as an infant, I find such comments a little unbecoming of adults. Could you not have arrived at the principles by reason alone? Supposing you had been taught immoral behaviour by your parents, should you adhere to such behaviour as an adult because there were taught by your parents? I hope I have appealed to your reason and not tradition.

As an intelligent person, I can feel the springs and wheels in your head working extra hard to come up with evasive answers to my question. Don't you think the simpler answers generally tend to be the better answers? Have you come across something called the principle of parsimony, also known as Occam's Razor? Check it out.

With all his might, could god not have invented a non-confrontational way of resolving the problems between his people that he loved and the people he did not love?
Hey, I never sad that my perents taught me to be respectful, I sad I was taught to be respectful. Actually I sort of thought myself after my teenage rebellion.

But since mention it You are correct again Just because my perents taught me something does not make it right, As an adult I should be able to see what is wrong and what is right, but my the teachings of my youth are the foundation. If I am thought as a child to steal and cheat other people out of there Money, Then when I become an Adult i will not know that those things are wrong, Someone has to teach me, am I wrong?

Who decides what is wrong and what is right?
The Bible teaches what is wrong and right, and God is he who decides, according to the Bible.

but if you say that there is no God than who is the Lawgiver?
I ask you to tell if God does not decide what is wrong and what is right, the who decides?

the easy answers are not always the answer,( an Atheist told me that)

Yes, and he did, Israel ASKED the Ammonites to let them threw there land, But Ammon was the one who denied them passage and it was Ammon who attacked Israel, Judges  11:20
Re: Evil Passages In Scriptures - The Bible And The Ko-ran by huxley(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2008
Where is our resident islamicist to stick up for his religion?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: How Can I Get Bible Download For Macbook Air / Why Do Religious Nigerians Run To Secular Countries? / Evil Family Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.